• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 35, 2014

Klart

Because sales are up? Lol come on.

He's right though. That sales are up doesn't mean they're regaining territory when Sony sells better. As long as they're not outselling PS4, they're not regaining anything. The gap is still widening, though maybe at a slower rate.

Hasney

What you're seeing are relative positions and by no means indicate that sales are up.
Just look at TLoU, it went from #2 to #1 yet its sales decreased by 21%.

Yup. We'll start seeing real comparative charts with bigger numbers once we get into the silly season, starting September 26th with Fantasy Life FIFA 15.

EDIT: Probably Destiny too, completely forgot about that.

Three months later and Mario Kart 8 is still in the charts. Not only that but there's also another Wii U title in the charts.

A small victory, but an important one for the console in the UK.

Will be interesting to see how Hyrule Warriors does..

cross-posting

TLoU:R UK performance

week 1: 68.408 - 69.665
week 2: 30.783 - 31.349 (-55%)
week 3: 18.470 - 18.809 (-40%)
week 4: 14.037 - 14.295 (-29%)
week 5: 11.089 - 11.293 (-21%)

LTD: 142.787 - 145.411

11k gets you first? Doesn't seem like a lot

Madden must've completely bombed

One game that is not performing at all on PS4 is Garden Warfare. It's like releasing a game some months later on PS4 doesn't pay-off #GoodLuckLara?

panda-zebra

Banned
Was hoping Diablo would have done better going into its 2nd week, it was still missing from some supermarket shelves around these parts. Maybe people really are saving themselves for Destiny.

Sales are actually relatively down.

The reason the xb1 titles are charting higher is the bar is getting lower.

But the ps4 is still the King of Limbo
do wap

Three months later and Mario Kart 8 is still in the charts. Not only that but there's also another Wii U title in the charts.

A small victory, but an important one for the console in the UK.

Will be interesting to see how Hyrule Warriors does..
I think expecting a similar performance to Mario Kart from a Dynasty Warriors game (Zelda skin or no) is a little optimistic. Hell Smash might not even reach it.

EGM1966

One game that is not performing at all on PS4 is Garden Warfare. It's like releasing a game some months later on PS4 doesn't pay-off #GoodLuckLara?
Very curious to see more examples of how such titles fate : I've got a nasty suspicion making the majority of current gen install base wait will prove to have been a bad idea in the end.

Seeing Madden chart is one thing but I certainly didn't expect the PS4 version to be the top SKU or to be so high in the charts. Makes me wonder if next gen is starved for games or if a lot of the active PS3 buyers moved onto PS4.

What is quite revealing about the sales charts is just how much of a gap there is between the PS4 and One version (which was beaten by Skate) of Madden, this is despite MS association with the game.
Skate 3 beat the 360 version of Madden not the XBO version.

Not bad for Metro Redux, although it is sad to see a proper remaster lose out to a cash grab.

Sends the wrong message to publishers/developers.

geordiemp

Quite an expensive period for Ps4 buyers in such a short time we have

TLOU
Diablo 3
PVZ
Metro Redux

And then Destiny is only a week away - I can see how PVZ and Metro could get lost in there....

Best selling game of the year. No more, no less. With PS4 clearly on top.

I think that may be unrealistic. It's going to be hard for it to outsell FIFA and CoD. Those tend to sell 1.5-2m in the UK by the end of the year that they're released in.

Foshy

Will be interesting to see if Peggle 2 bombs on PS4.

It might do better because it's only on XB1/PS4 and not 360/PS3/PC, don't know. But yeah, zero marketing for late ports, so it will start out slow. Might have legs, especially with digital sales

Hasney

Best selling game of the year. No more, no less. With PS4 clearly on top.

Not a chance of it being best selling. FIFA and probably COD will take that crown in the UK.

Will do well though and one of the sequels might be the biggest selling game of the year.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
01 (02) PS4 THE LAST OF US: REMASTERED (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
Return of the king. Deserved. This deserves the sales.

02 (NE) PS4 METRO REDUX (KOCH MEDIA)
04 (NE) XBO METRO REDUX (KOCH MEDIA)
Really glad to see this do so well. I like the developers and their struggle. I will buy this but at the moment I don't even have a console to play it on.

06 (01) PS4 DIABLO III REAPER OF SOULS ULTIMATE EVIL (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
09 (03) XBO DIABLO III REAPER OF SOULS ULTIMATE EVIL (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
This dropped as fast as could be expected for a 2 year old game.

10 (NE) PS4 MADDEN NFL 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
23 (NE) XBO MADDEN NFL 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
PS4 really outdoes the XBO. I fully expect NPD to be the same in terms of sales. The question that deserves to be asked in this: how does Microsoft justify the marketing when they don't even get the full benefit of it? Going into year 2 will their marketing budgets be lowered or increased?

16 (17) PS3 PLANTS VS ZOMBIES: GARDEN WARFARE (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
21 (13) PS4 PLANTS VS ZOMBIES: GARDEN WARFARE (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
22 (15) 360 PLANTS VS ZOMBIES: GARDEN WARFARE (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
Worrying that PS3>PS4. One of the few games I've really been looking foward to. Interesting that the XBO-version is dead in the Top 40.

28 (24) 360 SKATE 3 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
This is one of the greatest pieces of market influence we have today. I hope we see more of this.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
They named TLoU in the list of >1million PS4 sellers today in the SCEJA conference.

Was Infamous among them? I listen and felt that they skipped over it. Did they just forget it?

many xbox gamers jumped ship, not many iF any ps3 gamers jumped ship. Those 5 million sales were probably hardcore halo fans.

not sure I understand what you are saying here.

I think what he is saying is alot of 360 owners bought a PS4 but not many PS3 owners bought a Xbox One. The 5 million (est.) sold Xbox Ones were bought by halo fans.

Do not agree about the Halo part, but the first part seems to be right if you look at the sales so far.

weeeeezy

Banned
TLOUR is selling to the people who switched to ps4 from xbox 360. I don't think the reverse is as common.
Oh I see. Basically people were able to try TLOU since they didn't have a ps3 last gen. So you think it's not nostalgia that is getting people to buy this game, it's simply because they didn't play it last gen?

I think expecting a similar performance to Mario Kart from a Dynasty Warriors game (Zelda skin or no) is a little optimistic. Hell Smash might not even reach it.

I never said I expect a similar performance to MK.

But the Wii U has improve drastically in the mindshare of people over here, and it will be interesting to see how a Wii U exclusive does post MK in the UK.

DrWong

France week 35:

1 - Diablo 3 ROS - Ultimate Evil Ed. PS4 - Activision Blizzard
2 - Tomodachi Life 3DS - Nintendo
3 - Diablo 3 ROS - Ultimate Evil Ed. Xbox One - Activision Blizzard
4 - Tales Of Xillia 2 Day One Ed. PS3 - Bandai Namco Games
5 - The Last Of Us Remastered PS4 - Sony

kinoki

Yes, it was. Killzone, Knack, Infamous and TLoU. They were talking SCE WWS games only, before anyone else asks.

Looks like all their releases so far has sold well. Next up to the plate is Driveclub and LittleBigPlanet 3, followed by Bloodborne and The Order: 1886 next year. So far I'd like to say that they have some nice retail releases.

It'll be interesting to see what kind of effect the tidal wave of games is going to cause to the west. The serious amounts of games released over the holidays and until next spring is really crazy.

Is TLOUR the cash grab? Just trying to get my bearings here.

You mean Diablo Miles? Cause TLOU is pretty incredible in the remaster category

Yeah, sorry that it wasn't more clear. I was comparing it to last weeks Diablo 3 debut. It's sad to see a developer put so much work into a remaster and price it properly and still not do as well as a cash grab.

Very disappointing.

In fairness, how popular is the franchise in the UK?

Good point. It's not really all that popular from what I can tell, but Redux was incredible value and I had hoped it would be able to sell itself on that alone, but it seems not...

Top Bottom