• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 4, 2013

Pranay

0vZs3.jpg

Many many thanks to Raist, felipeko, Cjelly, BishopLamont, Pranay_ Aka Gesalt and dabra for taking their time doing it every week!
Thanks to Captain Smoker, Frankfurter, test_account, donny2112 , Phife Dawg, tiong_fi, sensi97, 830920, Verve, Dash Kappei, Road, slaughterking, Loudninja, Twister Flipper and Bruno MB for their contribution.

28/Jan/2013

Activision Blizzard’s ‘Call of Duty: Black Ops II’ (+20%) reclaims No1 for the first time since a six week unbroken spell last year from weeks 46-51, 2012.

EA remain at No2 with ‘FIFA13’ (-1%) and Ubisoft climb 1 place to No3 with ‘Far Cry 3’ (-27%). Capcom’s ‘DMC’, No1 from last week (-64%) drops to No4, with the PC version launching this week. Ubisoft climb 5 places to No5 with ‘Assassin’s Creed III’ (+71%) which is subject to price promotion and drops around £8 on major formats compared to last week.

Various titles move up the charts thanks to some keen pricing, such as Warner’s ‘Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes’, up 6 places to No11 (+28%) and Microsoft’s ‘Halo 4’, up 9 places to No13 (+53%). Rockstar/Take 2’s ‘Max Payne 3’ re-enters at No35 (+37%), just ahead of the lone new release this week, EA’s ‘The Sims 3: 70s 80s 90s Stuff’ at No36, which is the 8th Stuff Pack for ‘The Sims 3’…which re-enters at No39 (+42%).

UK -
1 CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS II XB360
2 FIFA 13 XB360
3 CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS II PS3
4 FIFA 13 PS3
5 FAR CRY 3 XB360
6 FOOTBALL MANAGER 2013 PC
7 JUST DANCE 4 WII
8 THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM XB360
9 DMC XB360
10 ASSASSIN'S CREED III XB360
11 FAR CRY 3 PS3
12 HALO 4 XB360
13 DMC PS3
14 FORZA MOTORSPORT 4 XB360
15 FORZA HORIZON XB360
16 NEED FOR SPEED MOST WANTED XB360
17 ASSASSIN'S CREED III PS3
18 NEED FOR SPEED MOST WANTED PS3
19 HITMAN ABSOLUTION XB360
20 PAPER MARIO STICKER STAR 3DS
21 GRAN TURISMO 5 ACADEMY EDITION PS3
22 HITMAN ABSOLUTION PS3
23 NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. 2 3DS
24 DISHONORED XB360
25 MARIO KART 7 3DS
- 26 THE SIMS 3: 70S 80S 90S STUFF PC
- 27 GRAND THEFT AUTO IV XB360
28 BORDERLANDS 2 XB360
29 WWE '13 XB360
30 SUPER MARIO 3D LAND 3DS
31 MEDAL OF HONOR: WARFIGHTER XB360 32 MARIO & SONIC LONDON 2012 OLYMPIC GAMES WII
33 SONIC & ALL STARS RACING TRANSFORMED XB360
34 WWE '13 PS3
35 GRAND THEFT AUTO EPISODES - LIBERTY CITY XB360
36 DEAD ISLAND GOTY EDITION XB360
37 UNCHARTED 3: DRAKE'S DECEPTION GOTY PS3
38 LEGO THE LORD OF THE RINGS XB360
39 THE SIMS 3 PC
40 ZUMBA FITNESS 2 WII

France week 03:

1 - COD : Blacks Ops 2 PS3 - Activision Blizzard
2 - FIFA 13 PS3 - Electronic Arts
3 - DMC : Devil May Cry PS3 - Capcom
4 - Far Cry 3 PS3 - Ubisoft
5 - Need for Speed : Most Wanted 2012 PS3 - Electronic Arts

Hasney

Looks like DmC is going to have the legs of a partially amputated midget.

Yes yes, we know the Wii U is doomed too. Think the chart will look quite similar to this for a while now, at least until March time.

Do hope Aliens proves me wrong though.

surly

Banned
Only half the chart is 360 games. How will MS win those core gamers back? :D

Do all Wii-U consoles come with a game? What sort of numbers are we looking at for the number 40 game in the chart?

liger05

Only half the chart is 360 games. How will MS win those core gamers back? :D

Do all Wii-U consoles come with a game? What sort of numbers are we looking at for the number 40 game in the chart?

The deluxe has Nintendoland bundled.

Hasney

dude nintendo killed it last gen & are sitting on a ton of money for advertising
pretty sure you'll know before it drops, guy

On Friday, I had a friend round to hang out. She's a big gamer too, although mostly on PC and I handed her the tablet to put pick something on Netflix and she just goes "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT THING?".

She knew the Wii U was out, but not about the controller. I think that was the moment when the penny dropped that the marketing for this thing has flat out sucked, unfortunately.

Wii U: Making Vita owners look a little less sad since 2012™.

The only thing that still makes me love the long-term prospects of the Wii U is that Nintendo will support it to the bitter end like the Gamecube. They seem to do that more with their "failed" consoles. Hope Sony does the same for Vita owners.

Majmun

Can't believe how bad the WiiU is doing in Europe. It definitely needs a huge pricedrop.

Bu bu but the Vita is doing worse anyway!!!

2 days for results; 3 for the Investor Meeting.
31st January, I believe
Cool

Can't wait to hear what they have to say.
On Friday, I had a friend round to hang out. She's a big gamer too, although mostly on PC and I handed her the tablet to put pick something on Netflix and she just goes "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT THING?".

She knew the Wii U was out, but not about the controller. I think that was the moment when the penny dropped that the marketing for this thing has flat out sucked, unfortunately.
How the...

If we went by Nintendo the only thing we'd know about is the controller. She is like the complete opposite of everyone over in the states.
Don't think we can really tell since the charts don't have numbers. Wii U is clearly doing badly like the Vita, but no idea which one is worse.
It amazes me that they are even close.

OMG Aero

I love that at this point the PAL charts threads are basically just a discussion between Wii U and Vita supporters over whose console is doing slightly worse.

Also that video games are dead in the UK.

liger05

I love that at this point the PAL charts threads are basically just a discussion between Wii U and Vita supporters over whose console is doing slightly worse.

Also that video games are dead in the UK.

I'm more interested in what the 3ds numbers were like in the holiday season.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Call of Duty: Black Ops II (All formats) Week 4 - less than 19.787 (+20%)
Call of Duty: Black Ops II (360) Week 4 - less than 11.080 (56%)
Call of Duty: Black Ops II (PS3) Week 4 - less than 7.915 (40%)
Call of Duty: Black Ops II (PC) Week 4 - less than 395 (2%)
Call of Duty: Black Ops II (WiiU) Week 4 - less than 198 (1%)

Wii U Specific Chart

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110039

COD:BOII is 9th, so every title under that did less than 198. For example, Sing Party sold less than 198 this week.

Cool

Can't wait to hear what they have to say.

How the...

If we went by Nintendo the only thing we'd know about is the controller. She is like the complete opposite of everyone over in the states.

It amazes me that they are even close.

I have a feeling it's going to be very interesting. Someone needs to answer for the overall Wii U's poor launch.

liger05

Call of Duty: Black Ops II (All formats) Week 4 - less than 19.787 (+20%)
Call of Duty: Black Ops II (360) Week 4 - less than 11.080 (56%)
Call of Duty: Black Ops II (PS3) Week 4 - less than 7.915 (40%)
Call of Duty: Black Ops II (PC) Week 4 - less than 395 (2%)
Call of Duty: Black Ops II (WiiU) Week 4 - less than 198 (1%)

Wii U Specific Chart

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110039

COD:BOII is 9th, so every title under that did less than 198. For example, Sing Party sold less than 198 this week.

Batman in 10th is up on the eshop this week. £49.99 for the digital version. Good luck with that!!!!

Carl

Hopefully Nintendo's Europe numbers will give us some insight into the WiiU/Vita hardware sales :p it'll be close either way, though.

I have a feeling it's going to be very interesting. Someone needs to answer for the overall Wii U's poor launch.

That won't happen.

They will be reporting October-December numbers which aren't that bad so expect the spin on Wii U is bringing more revenue that Wii did at it's launch.

Road

And it's not even true since Vita sold already 5-6 times more units than VB. ;)
[Citation needed]

VirtualBoy was never released in Europe, so you have two options:

a) Believe Vita sold 0 (zero) units in Europe so far, which means that statement is false.

b) Believe Vita sold 1 (one) or more units in Europe so far, which also means that statement is false, since it would be more like "infinite times more".

SmokyDave

VB shifted 770k units in Japan & NA apparently. I can't find a reliable source for that number but it seems to be the one everyone's running with.

I didn't realise it never came out in Europe. Explains why I've never seen one, I guess.

VirtualBoy was never released in Europe, so you have two options:

a) Believe Vita sold 0 (zero) units in Europe so far, which means that statement is false.

b) Believe Vita sold 1 (one) or more units in Europe so far, which also means that statement is false, since it would be more like "infinite times more".

I think that was a joke. The real question is if Vita has outsold the Ngage yet. Should be close.

Slayven

VB shifted 770k units in Japan & NA apparently. I can't find a reliable source for that number but it seems to be the one everyone's running with.

I didn't realise it never came out in Europe. Explains why I've never seen one, I guess.

That and you being drunk half the time.

Top Bottom