• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 42, 2015

Oh please, you went on and on and on about how Dragon Quest Heroes would be a massive bomb and it didn't make any sense to localize it because Dragon Quest fans didn't want it. Now all of a sudden you were expecting some massive sales performance of a spinoff of a franchise that hasn't even seen a western release in over 4 years.

Again, read your own posts. The DS remakes didn't even chart. Non mainline entries seem to have a lot of trouble selling in the UK. And I don't believe DQ Heroes is a mainline entry.

Well, it seems my initial impression was right then.

What have the deals been like this past week? Haven't really paid that much attention to HUKD.

And of course AssCreed will blaze to number one. 57/43 split is my guess.

Hasney

Heh, went to Hot UK Deals to see where the best PS4s were to see if there's any effect and they're all from abroad this week. One deal in Game for Ass Creed, Watch Dogs, Uncharted and Driveclub for £300, but HMV Ireland beat them by over £20 without Driveclub and it would be easy enough to get Driveclub cheaper.

The PS4 had a price drop.

Yeah, I meant deals on bundles and the like.

Price drops are usually accompanied by some killer deals. Although it wouldn't surprise me if retailers are holding out until next month before unleashing the crazy bundles.

Heh, went to Hot UK Deals to see where the best PS4s were to see if there's any effect and they're all from abroad this week. One deal in Game for Ass Creed, Watch Dogs, Uncharted and Driveclub for £300, but HMV Ireland beat them by over £20 without Driveclub and it would be easy enough to get Driveclub cheaper.

Now that's what I'm talking about. Not a bad deal at all if importing isn't your thing.

Loudninja

Its launch fails to outperform previous title ‘Assassin’s Creed: Unity’, which was denied top spot last year by the second week of ‘Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare’. It is the second major entry in the Assassin’s Creed series not to be developed by Ubisoft Montreal, that honour this time going to Ubisoft Quebec. ‘Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate’ surpasses with ease the other non-Ubisoft Montreal developed title ‘Assassin’s Creed: Rogue’, but its launch falls short of surpassing any of the other major entries in the famous series. Sales of ‘FIFA 16’ fall by 16% this week, but it still manages to secure 2nd place ahead of Activision Blizzard’s ‘Guitar Hero Live’, new at No3. It may be 5 years since the last Guitar Hero title Warriors of Rock, but the new game still manages a 24.3% increase on its predecessor’s launch.
‘Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection’ (-26%), makes way for the new releases by dropping 2 places to No4, while ‘Grand Theft Auto V’ sticks at No5 thanks to a 51% jump in sales. ‘Lego Dimensions’ (+12%) falls 2 places to No6, while ‘Destiny: The Taken King’ (-5%) slips by 4 places to No7. ‘Forza Motorsport 6’ (+11%) is still in demand at No8 ahead of ‘Lego Jurassic World’ (+74%) which was heavily promoted this week, a non-mover at No9. ‘Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain’ (-3%) rounds off the Top 10, meaning Nintendo’s new 3DS title ‘The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes’ has to settle for No11. Thrown in with the new Assassin’s Creed Syndicate PS4 hardware bundles, ‘Watch Dogs’ (+430%) scampers back into the chart at No12, while ‘The Witcher III: Wild Hunt’ (+121%) also shoots up the chart, thanks to price promotions and a recent new expansion. The only other new title to debut inside the Top 40 this week is Ubisoft’s ‘Just Dance 2016’ which gets the party started at No19.
http://www.chart-track.co.uk/?i=2259&s=1111

Hasney

AC first, but under Unity

So based on my calculations from Brunos numbers:

[Week 46, 2007] ASSASSIN'S CREED (UBISOFT) - 156,000 / NEW (90%)
[Week 47, 2009] ASSASSIN'S CREED II (UBISOFT) - 175,000 / NEW (90%)
[Week 46, 2010] ASSASSIN'S CREED: BROTHERHOOD (UBISOFT) - 228,500 / NEW (90%)
[Week 46, 2011] ASSASSIN'S CREED: REVELATIONS (UBISOFT) - 238,000 / NEW (90%)
[Week 44, 2012] ASSASSIN'S CREED III (UBISOFT) - 355,000 / NEW (90%)
[Week 44, 2013] ASSASSIN'S CREED IV: BLACK FLAG (UBISOFT) - 128,000 / NEW (90%)
[Week 46, 2014] ASSASSIN'S CREED: UNITY (UBISOFT) - 153,000 / NEW (95%)
[Week 46, 2014] ASSASSIN'S CREED: ROGUE (UBISOFT) -
[Week 43, 2015] ASSASSIN'S CREED: SYNDICATE (UBISOFT) 50,484 - 128,000

50,484 low end is FIFAs numbers with the 16% drop. Shame we don't know Rogues numbers.

EDIT: Christ, seeing Watch Dogs jump up that much makes me wish we knew AC numbers without bundles.

Treating an IP like an annual cash cow with blatant disregard for quality control is finally starting to take its toll on the Assassin's Creed franchise.

Hasney

So Guitar Hero sells more on PS4 but Rockband does better on XB1, albeit on a larger margin at retail.

I think a lot of that is to do with the 360 to PS4 switchers this gen. There's no way I'll consider Rock Band until I get an XB1. Muh DLC!

Syndicate has to be considered in bomba territory if it hasn't done better than any previous Assassins game.

Ubi must be non too pleased but it's got a bundle for Xmas so will likely do well I guess.

Rosur

Nice performance for GH Live.
I'm not surprised on that watch dogs jump as saw a couple of bundles being sold while in game this weekend.

I think a lot of that is to do with the 360 to PS4 switchers this gen. There's no way I'll consider Rock Band until I get an XB1. Muh DLC!
Sony Europe is also incredibly bad at handling Rock Band DLC. In Europe, the last-gen to current-gen DLC compatibility is basically an Xbox exclusive feature and there's a lot of Xbox exclusive DLC now, because SCEE is fucking incompetent.

SCEA has done fine with Rock Band DLC, so you should get the game from US PSN if you want Rock Band on PS4.

Hasney

Syndicate has to be considered in bomba territory if it hasn't done better than any previous Assassins game.

Ubi must be non too pleased but it's got a bundle for Xmas so will likely do well I guess.

Even then I think it's going to depend on deals. Black Ops 3 and Star Wars bundles at the same RRP will probably prove more popular.

Sony Europe is also incredibly bad at handling Rock Band DLC. In Europe, the last-gen to current-gen DLC compatibility is basically an Xbox exclusive feature and there's a lot of Xbox exclusive DLC now, because SCEE is fucking incompetent.

SCEA has done fine with Rock Band DLC, so you should get the game from US PSN if you want Rock Band on PS4.

Christ, I didn't even know this. I just didn't want to get it on PS4 as I have loads of XBox DLC as well as 2 games exported and 2 coming in Lego and 3.

One can only hope that the less than stellar performance for Syndicate will force Ubi to re-evaluate putting out a new game every single goddamn year.

Alternate it for fuck sake. One year Watch Dogs, one year AssCreed, one year Beyond Good and Evil, one year Prince of Persia...

Did those jrpgs sold a good amount in Japan? With those sales I wonder why they even bother releasing it physically, a digital only release could probably be more lucrative.

Even then I think it's going to depend on deals. Black Ops 3 and Star Wars bundles at the same RRP will probably prove more popular.

Yeah, should have added the caveat that it'll do well if the franchise fatigue isn't too great.

At this point it seems like it. Almost no one on my friends list was playing it over the weekend which usually isn't the case when a big AAA game comes out.

Anecdotal and all but yeah.

Did those jrpgs sold a good amount in Japan? With those sales I wonder why they even bother releasing it physically, a digital only release could probably be more lucrative.

DQ Heroes sold really well in Japan (around 800k; 1m in all Asian territories). D5 bombed hard in Japan as well; Zestiria sold well but lower than previous entries on PS3.

Hasney

Looks like the Game bundle sold pretty well with DC back in the charts at 29.

And what caused the bump for Mainline 6? Deals?

Forza was down to £35 in a couple of places, but bundles we had a Forza/FIFA bundle for under £290 and for £300, the Forza 6 1TB bundle with another game from a choice of 10.

stryke

It's disappointing not to see platform splits anymore. Publications gave them fairly regularly earlier in the year for major titles.

Top Bottom