• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 50, 2008

test_account said:
Was it just a 1 week (or a few days) promotion at around £20 or is it still possible to get it for that price?
It was all of last week I believe. They stopped taking orders because of demand now though. Amazon was £23 as well and a few others like Play had it for £20 too.

Seems to me like some people here should spend more time in the Euro Deals thread. :D

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
GhaleonEB said:
Both Fable II and Fallout 3 had similar large jumps based on being discounted as well, so it's not unusual. Will indeed be interesting to see if the sales hold if/when it's not on special.

It seems an on/off thing..whether on/off deals remain post xmas will be interesting to see. UK/Irish retail is being pretty aggressive right now.

LBP was less heavily discounted in this week than Fallout 3, though, judging by their relative positions in the units and value charts. Retail might increase or maintain their discounting of LBP if they wanna try and keep the product flowing as it has with Fallout 3. Fable 2 seems to have dropped off, but I'm not sure what the situation is re. discounting with it now..I just recall seeing ads for it at cut prices, but maybe most places have restored it to full price now or thereabouts.

Verve

As pointed out in last weeks thread, I subtracted one more week for norway (so it's week 49 now again) as it seems to be correct.

10oh45e.png

Norway:
Week 49, 2008 - All Formatshttp://www.vg.no/spill/topp20konsoll.hbs?liste=2&uke=51&aar=2008

Consoles
01 (01) Singstar Abba (Sony)
02 (02) Guitar Hero: World Tour (Activision)
03 (04) Need For Speed: Undercover (Electronic Arts)
04 (05) Call of Duty: World at War (Activision)
05 (03) FIFA 09 (Electronic Arts)
06 (09) Disney: Sing it (Disney Interactive)
07 (07) Wii Fit (Nintendo)
08 (08) Lego Batman: The Video Game (Warner Brothers Interactive)
09 (17) Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)
10 (06) The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon (Activision)
11 (15) Lips (Microsoft)
12 (13) Quantum of Solace: The Game (Activision)
13 (10) Crash: Mind over Mutant (Activision)
14 (__) High School Musical 3: Senior Year DANCE! (Disney Interactive)
15 (__) Prince of Persia (Ubisoft)
16 (19) Fallout 3 (Bethesda Softworks)
17 (11) Little Big Planet (Sony)
18 (20) Shaun White Snowboarding (Ubisoft)
19 (16) Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock (Activision)
20 (__) Far Cry 2 (Ubisoft)
Handhelds
01 (01) Littlest Pet Shop (DS) (Electronic Arts)
02 (02) New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)
03 (04) Josefine og Drømmespeilet (Pan Vision)
04 (03) Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia (Nintendo)
05 (06) Mario Kart DS (Nintendo)
06 (07) High School Musical 3: Senior Year (Disney Interactive)
07 (__) Hello Kitty: Big City Dreams (Empire Interactive)
08 (__) Lego Batman: The Video Game (Warner Brothers Interactive)
09 (09) FIFA 09 (Electronic Arts)
10 (05) Crash: Mind over Mutant (Activision)
PC
01 (01) Football Manager 2009 (Sega)
02 (__) Grand Theft Auto IV (Rockstar Games)
03 (02) World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King (Blizzard)
04 (03) Call of Duty: World at War (Activision)
05 (04) Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 (Electronic Arts)
06 (__) Spore (Electronic Arts)
07 (06) The Sims 2: Byliv (Electronic Arts)
08 (__) The Sims 2: Fritid (Electronic Arts)
09 (05) Fallout 3 (Bethesda Softworks)
10 (__) Josefine Skolehjelp: Bokstavjungelen (Pan Vision)

test_account

XP-39C²
Psychotext said:
It was all of last week I believe. They stopped taking orders because of demand now though. Amazon was £23 as well and a few others like Play had it for £20 too.

Seems to me like some people here should spend more time in the Euro Deals thread. :D
Ah ok, thanks for the info! :) Ye, i saw the £23 deal on Amazon.co.uk a while ago, but now the price is at about £30 :\ Maybe it is due to the demand as you say?

There isnt really that big of a difference between £20 and £23 though, and i already have the american version of Little Big Planet, so it isnt like any rush for me to get another copy. I just thought i'd ask if some places still sold it for £20 :)

EDIT: And to be honest, i was also questioning if LBP really was £20 or if it was an exaggerated price. I didnt mean to directly question you about it, since you said a specfic price at £19.99, so i do belive that the game was at that price, i didnt mean to doubt you, sorry, but i saw that some other that mentioned that the game was around £20, so i was just wondering if LBP really was that cheap and if it still was avalible for sale for around £20 :)

Flakster99

Mario Kart Wii - Absolutely stunning (world-wide) sales. By far, this is my multi-player game of the generation. Keep it up!

LBP - Though not for every gamer, I don't care how the game is netting it's sales, I am now enjoying the heck out of the game and it is good to see others giving LBP a chance.

Lots of "shock" over stuff like LBP and Fallout rising in the charts due to low prices.

If games had an average price of £20, it'd be better for everyone. I'm sure there'd be a LOT more impulse buying. Hell, I just ordered GRID and Banjo-Kazooie just because they were both £19.99 on the Gamestation site, and I had no intention of buying either.

Verve

price trend of LBP the last 90 days (always best offer available to compare on idealo.co.uk at the given point in time)

s3_pricetrend90.png

don't really know what's up until the middle of november (maybe some unavilabilities in shops because of the koran thing), but the recent data seems good and shows that the game has always been available for less then 25 pound since the middle of november.

markatisu

29 (__) WII Sonic Unleashed (Sega)
36 (__) WII High School Musical 3: Senior Year Dance (Disney Interactive Studios)
37 (__) WII Guitar Hero: World Tour (Activision Blizzard)
40 (36) WII Shaun White Snowboarding (Ubisoft)

Wow, and the HD counterparts would be where (and yes HSM3 was released on the PS2 and 360)

Guess its good to be a 3rd party during the holidays

Verve

Psychotext said:
/bookmarks

only knew that site for germany, but as it's the only one I know with price trend charts, I gave it a shot and tried .co.uk :)

anyone of you know a site with similar service?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Verve said:
price trend of LBP the last 90 days (always best offer available to compare on idealo.co.uk at the given point in time)

It's a shame they don't seem to do average price trends over all available retailers (?)

Verve

gofreak said:
It's a shame they don't seem to do average price trends over all available retailers (?)

yeah, what would one give for direct database access there...
they use the lowest point in those graphs for a mail sent to users subscribed for that product if the price is lower than the user specified. great service if something is too expensive and you want to wait for it to get cheaper :)
so the lowest one is the only interesting for the "normal" consumer

FabCam

Tideas said:
to put a downer on the oncoming LBP news flux, i think the increase is due to the dramatic drop in price

Only on shopto.net. All major high street retailers have it at full price still. I put it down to Sony finally getting some marketing done for it.

FabCam said:
Only on shopto.net. All major high street retailers have it at full price still.
As mentioned earlier in the thread, as of last week virtually everyone discounted it. It's back up to normal prices now though (because obviously they sold what they were aiming to sell).

roxya

FabCam said:
Only on shopto.net. All major high street retailers have it at full price still. I put it down to Sony finally getting some marketing done for it.

Yep, LBP is only super cheap at Shopto (who also put Resistance 2 and MS2 at £20), and somehow I doubt Shopto account for so many LBP sales. They're not that big.

I'm sure it's the marketing campaign. Sometimes I see two LBP adverts in one short break. Play with everythiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
schuelma said:
Yeah. I asked in the earlier thread what the best selling non-bundled software worldwide is, because I think Mario Kart could beat it.

SMB3 at 17.8 million

[Nintex]

dabra said:
01 (01) [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)
02 (02) [PC] Grand Theft Auto IV (Take 2)
03 (03) [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo)
04 (05) [PS3] Call Of Duty/world At War (Activision Blizzard)
05 (06) [360] Call Of Duty/world At War (Activision Blizzard)
06 (__) [WII] Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games (Sega)
07 (__) [NDS] Brain Training (Nintendo)
08 (04) [PS3] Resistance 2 (Sony Computer Ent.)
09 (08) [PC] Call Of Duty/world At War (Activision Blizzard)
10 (09) [PS3] Need For Speed: Undercover (Electronic Arts)
Need for Speed am dead :(

SupahBlah

Banned
test_account said:
EDIT: I see that someone have already answered. Was it just a 1 week (or a few days) promotion at around £20 or is it still possible to get it for that price?

http://www.shopto.net/page.php?page=dettagli&codart=PS3LI00&n=LittleBigPlanet&platform=PS3

There you go.

You can also get Motorstorm: Pacific Rift for £24 in Tesco (£19.99 on shopto) and Tesco also have Singstar Abba (PS3) for £14.78

I haven't seen the LittleBigPlanet adverts but my friends have mentioned them so I assume I'm just missing them but PAL charts are weekly and the biggest reason I can see for this jump was a lot of retailers selling the game for £20.

I paid full price but don't mind :lol

You guys should really keep an eye on the Euro deal thread here on GAF, you'll find all kinds.

For example, you can get Tomb Raider Underworld for £17.99 on Play

Verve

nv4pxy.png

Ireland:
Week 50, 2008 - Entertainment Software (All Prices)
01 (01) Fifa 09 (Electronic Arts)
02 (02) Need For Speed: Undercover (Electronic Arts)
03 (03) Call Of Duty: World At War (Activision Blizzard)
04 (05) Dr Kawashima'S Brain Training (Nintendo)
05 (04) Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)
06 (07) Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (Konami)
07 (17) New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)
08 (13) Gears Of War 2 (Microsoft)
09 (06) Wwe Smackdown Vs Raw 2009 (Thq)
10 (__) Quantum Of Solace (Activision Blizzard)
11 (19) More Brain Training From Dr Kawashima (Nintendo)
12 (11) Tomb Raider: Underworld (Eidos)
13 (14) Lego Batman: The Videogame (Warner Bros. Interactive)
14 (09) Resistance 2 (Sony Computer Ent.)
15 (10) Wii Play (Nintendo)
16 (08) Wii Fit (Nintendo)
17 (__) Lego Indiana Jones: Original Adventures (Lucasarts)
18 (12) Fallout 3 (Bethesda Softworks)
19 (20) Far Cry 2 (Ubisoft)
20 (18) Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games (Sega)

Tideas

Banned
markatisu said:
Wow, and the HD counterparts would be where (and yes HSM3 was released on the PS2 and 360)

Guess its good to be a 3rd party during the holidays

considering those ranking at 29+, I'm gonna say no because those are probably what...5k sold?

LBP's increase is due to just about EVERY store bundling it.

walk into any store in town, or any UK online retailer website and LBP is bundled with one or two other games for £290 or so. (Usually Resistance and or Motorstorm, so sounds like some Sony deals being done at the moment)

My girlfriend told me she wanted to play LBP. So it's safe to say they've upped it's marketing lately, given that she doesn't even play many games and I don't own a PS3 for her to have seen it through.

spwolf

DefectiveReject said:
LBP's increase is due to just about EVERY store bundling it.

walk into any store in town, or any UK online retailer website and LBP is bundled with one or two other games for £290 or so. (Usually Resistance and or Motorstorm, so sounds like some Sony deals being done at the moment)

in UK, LBP bundles were day 1.... :D

Same goes for Germany, and any other country where Sony gives you choice of PS3 games for free instead of game bundled inside the PS3 box. Its their way of not lowering the price on PS3 and trying to make it good value.

(in fact, originally, many offered bundle as explanation of #2 starting point for LBP in UK).

acm2000

06 (21) PS3 LittleBigPlanet (Sony Computer Ent.) £19.99
09 (08) 360 Fallout 3 (Bethesda Softworks) £19.99
12 (19) 360 Kung Fu Panda (Activision Blizzard) Thats alot of 360s being sold
13 (20) 360 Lego Indiana Jones: Original Adventures (Lucasarts) see above
14 (10) PS3 Resistance 2 (Sony Computer Ent.) £19.99
23 (29) 360 Far Cry 2 (Ubisoft) £17.99
24 (37) 360 Lips (Microsoft) £27-£30
27 (38) PS3 Fallout 3 (Bethesda Softworks) £19.99
29 (__) WII Sonic Unleashed (Sega) £17.99

where the fuck is motorstorm 2? also £19.99 and still didnt chart, mirrors edge too

just to break it down a bit easier, these shop war sales are doing wonders for the reviving games and keeping them in the charts

Huggers

HK-47 said:
SMB3 at 17.8 million

Mario 3 did get a bundle eventually

So happy to see LBP rise so dramatically. No doubt a mix of cheap price and a finally competent advertising capaign. GOTY deserves it

spwolf said:
in UK, LBP bundles were day 1.... :D

Same goes for Germany, and any other country where Sony gives you choice of PS3 games for free instead of game bundled inside the PS3 box. Its their way of not lowering the price on PS3 and trying to make it good value.

(in fact, originally, many offered bundle as explanation of #2 starting point for LBP in UK).
not so much as now.
you can't buy a PS3 without LBP being bundled.

The adverts are in my opinion God awful, how you guys think they are good, competant or anything defies belief, and the missus thinks they aren't very nice, jabbing on about killing people and dead dogs and what not

Loudninja

DefectiveReject said:
not so much as now.
you can't buy a PS3 without LBP being bundled.

The adverts are in my opinion God awful, how you guys think they are good, competant or anything defies belief, and the missus thinks they aren't very nice, jabbing on about killing people and dead dogs and what not
:lol Yeah you know what people are thinking right?

Loudninja said:
:lol Yeah you know what people are thinking right?

i know what i think (Which i did state 'in my opinion' in my post). but those rabid Sony fans will believe they are good adverts
i want it do to well as i seen what it can do. the adverts really don't show that

I'd have thought there was a fairly simple way of working out what's causing the LBP bump... If it's price, it'll be back down in the 20s next week. If it's bundling / marketing it'll easily pull another 1-20 week.

Of course, that doesn't help right now. :D

Loudninja

acm2000 said:
06 (21) PS3 LittleBigPlanet (Sony Computer Ent.) £19.99
09 (08) 360 Fallout 3 (Bethesda Softworks) £19.99
12 (19) 360 Kung Fu Panda (Activision Blizzard) Thats alot of 360s being sold
13 (20) 360 Lego Indiana Jones: Original Adventures (Lucasarts) see above
14 (10) PS3 Resistance 2 (Sony Computer Ent.) £19.99
23 (29) 360 Far Cry 2 (Ubisoft) £17.99
24 (37) 360 Lips (Microsoft) £27-£30
27 (38) PS3 Fallout 3 (Bethesda Softworks) £19.99
29 (__) WII Sonic Unleashed (Sega) £17.99

where the fuck is resistance 2, motorstorm 2? both also £19.99 and still didnt chart, mirrors edge too

just to break it down a bit easier, these shop war sales are doing wonders for the reviving games and keeping them in the charts

Games still need lots of ads ;)

Psychotext said:
I'd have thought there was a fairly simple way of working out what's causing the LBP bump... If it's price, it'll be back down in the 20s next week. If it's bundling / marketing it'll easily pull another 1-20 week.

Of course, that doesn't help right now. :D

Does it really matter thought? I just glad its selling :)

Top Bottom