• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 50, 2008

Huggers

DefectiveReject said:
i know what i think (Which i did state 'in my opinion' in my post). but those rabid Sony fans will believe they are good adverts
i want it do to well as i seen what it can do. the adverts really don't show that

I think the ads are pretty good, quirky and fun, just like the game. True they don't go into great depths about LBP's intricacies but I don't know that this would have been the right way to go either. Those ads have definitely created a buzz around the game from my anecdotal evidence of working in a games shop.

dabra

2zidg7c.png

Spain:
Week 49, 2008

01 (02) [WII] Wii Play (Nintendo)
02 (01) [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)
03 (05) [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo)
04 (03) [PS2] Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (Konami)
05 (__) [PSP] Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (Konami)
06 (08) [PS3] Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (Konami)
07 (04) [PS3] Need for Speed Undercover (Electronic Arts)
08 (07) [PS3] Call of Duty: World At War (Activision Blizzard)
09 (__) [PS2] Fifa 09 (Electronic Arts)
10 (10) [NDS] Pokemon Ranger 2: Shadows of Almia (Nintendo)

Ahh man that makes me so happy for LBP.
I feel like its the kind of game that as long as it gets a big enough initial fanbase the game should continue
to sell well based on word of mouth.

Crackers

Neo Member
Good to see LBP climb back up the charts. Some advertising combined with Amazon and other retailers "yo-yo ing" the price has done the trick :)

Tideas

Banned
DefectiveReject said:
i know what i think (Which i did state 'in my opinion' in my post). but those rabid Sony fans will believe they are good adverts
i want it do to well as i seen what it can do. the adverts really don't show that

and there is no difference between either yours or their opinion. Or are you claiming yours is greater than theirs?

Verve

fe01ti.png

Denmark:
Week 50, 2008 - Entertainment Software (All Prices)
01 (02) Fifa 09 (Electronic Arts)
02 (01) Need For Speed: Undercover (Electronic Arts)
03 (03) Singstar Abba (Nordisk Film)
04 (07) Lego Batman: The Videogame (Pan Vision)
05 (05) Guitar Hero: World Tour (Activision Blizzard)
06 (06) Call Of Duty: World At War (Activision Blizzard)
07 (04) World Of Warcraft: Wrath Of Lich King (Activision Blizzard)
08 (10) Lego Indiana Jones: Original Adventures (Activision Blizzard)
09 (12) Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)
10 (09) Football Manager 2009 (Pan Vision)
11 (08) Grand Theft Auto Iv (K.E. Media)
12 (11) Crash: Mind Over Mutant (Activision Blizzard)
13 (15) Disney Sing It (K.E. Media)
14 (13) Wii Fit (Nintendo)
15 (14) The Legend Of Spyro: Dawn Of The Dragon (Activision Blizzard)
16 (__) Singstar Singalong With Disney (Nordisk Film)
17 (18) The Sims 2: Apartment Life (Electronic Arts)
18 (19) Counter-Strike: Source (Electronic Arts)
19 (__) Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa (Activision Blizzard)
20 (20) Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Activision Blizzard)

squicken

That's pretty insane all those games selling for $50 (converted). A new copy of most of those would cost me $65 with tax. How do US retailers hold the line on new game prices but the UK is in a price war?

squicken said:
That's pretty insane all those games selling for $50 (converted). A new copy of most of those would cost me $65 with tax. How do US retailers hold the line on new game prices but the UK is in a price war?

Its more like $30 - $40 (yes including tax) given the current exchange rate.
It was the supermarkets that forced it over here, once they started the high street pretty much had to follow. Nigh on every major third party release this christmas has been down to as low as £20 or £25 at one point or other, I'm not complaining, that's for sure.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Vitet said:
For the record, here in Spain LBP is being HEAVY advertised
So heavily advertised it's not even in the top 10.

I'm afraid your country has succumbed to the allure of the Wii. Welcome to the club.

Spiegel

cjelly said:
So heavily advertised it's not even in the top 10.

I'm afraid your country has succumbed to the allure of the Wii. Welcome to the club.

Spain - Week 49
Uk - week 50

Let's wait until next week

But yeah, Wii/DS/BT/Rayman Wii/Shawn White Wii are being advertised like ten times more than LBP here.

CiSTM

Banned
Mario Kart is a monster :lol How many weeks until it drops out from top 10, any guesses ? Good to see LBP showing some legs, I hope it's keep selling well.

Vitet

Spiegel said:
Spain - Week 49
Uk - week 50

Let's wait until next week

But yeah, Wii/DS/BT/Rayman Wii/Shawn White Wii are being advertised like ten times more than LBP here.

Yeah I was going to post this. And yeah Wii/DS ads are everywhere

test_account

XP-39C²
SupahBlah said:
http://www.shopto.net/page.php?page=dettagli&codart=PS3LI00&n=LittleBigPlanet&platform=PS3

There you go.

You can also get Motorstorm: Pacific Rift for £24 in Tesco (£19.99 on shopto) and Tesco also have Singstar Abba (PS3) for £14.78

I haven't seen the LittleBigPlanet adverts but my friends have mentioned them so I assume I'm just missing them but PAL charts are weekly and the biggest reason I can see for this jump was a lot of retailers selling the game for £20.

I paid full price but don't mind :lol

You guys should really keep an eye on the Euro deal thread here on GAF, you'll find all kinds.

For example, you can get Tomb Raider Underworld for £17.99 on Play
Great, thanks for the tip about shopto.net! :) Do they still have LBP in stock? It just says that they have stopped to take pre orders due to the high demand.

When people said LBP was under 20 earlier, i thought they were exaggerating. I had seen LBP to like £23 or £24 at Amazon.co.uk earlier, but under £20? That sounded exaggerated, so i had to ask for proof. But now that Psychotext and you have given me proof, i belive it of course :) I didnt mean to disbelive anyone earlier, i am sorry about that! :( But LBP for under £20 sounded almost too good to be real, but it turns out that it was the truth afterall :) Thanks again for the info! :)

spwolf

test_account said:
Great, thanks for the tip about shopto.net! :) Do they still have LBP in stock? It just says that they have stopped to take pre orders due to the high demand.

When people said LBP was under 20 earlier, i thought they were exaggerating. I had seen LBP to like £23 or £24 at Amazon.co.uk earlier, but under £20? That sounded exaggerated, so i had to ask for proof. But now that Psychotext and you have given me proof, i belive it of course :) I didnt mean to disbelive anyone earlier, i am sorry about that, but LBP for under £20 sounded almost too good to be real, but it turns out that it was the truth afterall :) Thanks again for the info! :)

omg... did it set you free?

squicken: dont worry, it is mostly UK only... and holidays... usually people in europe pay 30% more for both hardware and software, compared to US...

test_account

XP-39C²
spwolf said:
omg... did it set you free?

squicken: dont worry, it is mostly UK only... and holidays... usually people in europe pay 30% more for both hardware and software, compared to US...
Set me free, what you mean? I bought LBP for like £65 to get it about 1 week earlier thatn the european version (some guy on Ebay.co.uk sold the american version) and i dont regret at all :) It is probably one of the coolest games i have played in a long time! Especially when playing local multiplayer in LBP :)

So i am/was not waiting for LBP to get down to £20 before i was going to buy it, if that is what you mean "set you free"? But for £20 i might even get the european version of LBP as well, for collection purposes :)

EDIT: I can add that i even bought the official LBP guide =)

EDIT 2: To be exact, i payed £71.02 for LBP including secure shipping (signed-for letter) to my country :) The retail price in my country would have been around £46, so i thought it was worth to pay £71.02 instead of to wait for about a week longer :) I have had it much fun with Little Big Planet so i dont regret buying Little Big Planet for that price :)

thx to mcvuk

UK week 50:
Software Units: 3.602.790
Software Revenue: 90.600.000

- Wii & NDS account 51,5% of software units (1.855.437)
- Wii software units up 20% from last week
- DS software units up 19% from last week
- 360 software units up 10% from last week
- PS3 software units up 7% from last week

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
spwolf said:
A 360 arcade is 130 pounds with tax which is roughly $190-$200 given current exchange rates.

Opiate

Captain Smoker said:
thx to mcvuk

UK week 50:
Software Units: 3.602.790
Software Revenue: 90.600.000

- Wii & NDS account 51,5% of software units (1.855.437)
- Wii software units up 20% from last week
- DS software units up 19% from last week
- 360 software units up 10% from last week
- PS3 software units up 7% from last week

Does this include PC? Is this Wii + DS > PS2 + PSP + PS3 + 360 + PC?

swerve

test_account said:
But for £20 i might even get the european version of LBP as well, for collection purposes :)

Amazon uk have it at GBP 17.99 ($28) right now. Insane deal. Same price as Brain Training.

test_account

XP-39C²
swerve said:
Amazon uk have it at GBP 17.99 ($28) right now. Insane deal. Same price as Brain Training.
Wow, that is a great price i must say! Thanks alot for the tip about this deal for LBP over at Amazon.co.uk! :) I am going to buy it now! :)

EDIT: Doh, i seems that i cant buy Little Big Planet (or probably any other games for that matter) from Amazon.co.uk due to some restrictions to my country :( I get this message:

*** We're sorry. This item can't be shipped to your selected destination. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order by changing its quantity to 0 and clicking the update button below. ( See geographical restrictions.) ***
Ah well, atleast i have LBP so it isnt exactly any stress for me to pick up another copy, but at this price i would pick up a european version as well. Hopefully i will find a simular deal in the future sometimes, and from a place that ships to my country as well :) Thanks again for the tip about this deal on Little Big Planet on Amazon.co.uk! :)

roxya

swerve said:

NO!!!! It's a marketplace seller. People should know that before thinking Amazon are actually selling it (in fact, they're out of stock).

Schrade

Can someone just once get LittleBigPlanet right in these lists? (See, no spaces in the title...) It's not "Little Big Planet".

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I went to buy Left 4 Dead this morning on my way to work and both Tesco and Sainsbury's don't stock it.

I mean wtf? I assume this is a local thing since the stores near me only have a chart section but still.

spwolf

poppabk said:
A 360 arcade is 130 pounds with tax which is roughly $190-$200 given current exchange rates.

its $202... and in Germany it is $250 for Arcade. And these are best deals we had in century. Which wont change my opinion a bit, after 6 years living back in europe and paying crazy prices for electronics...

2up4lc5.png

Germany:
Week 50, 2008

01 (01) [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)
02 (02) [NDS] Mario Kart DS (Nintendo)
03 (04) [NDS] Dr. Kawashima’s Brain Training (Nintendo)
04 (07) [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo)
05 (08) [PS2] Fifa 09 (Electronic Arts)
06 (10) [NDS] More Brain Training From Dr Kawashima (Nintendo)
07 (02) [PS2] Singstar Schlager (Sony Computer Entertainment)
08 (09) [NDS] High School Musical 3: Senior Year Dance! (Disney Interactive)
09 (__) [NDS] Professor Layton and the Curious Village (Nintendo)
10 (06) [PS2] Need For Speed: Undercover (Electronic Arts)

Go Layton! Nintendos marketing for Layton is really good.

[Nintex]

Psychotext said:
HD am cry.
No wonder, HD runs of big budget games with guns and gore, MS's biggest holiday game didn't make it past the censors and neither did alot of other FPS games. The germans are crazy about racing though, but with Need for Speed down the drain and no GT5 in sight the HD camp is in trouble.

Kenka

CubeRevolution said:
2up4lc5.png

Germany:
Week 50, 2008

HOLY MOTHER OF GUD !! What da.... this... this is truly never unlike anything we've ever seen before, those beasty legs are [insert relevant adjective]

Parl

CubeRevolution said:
2up4lc5.png

Germany:
Week 50, 2008

04 (07) [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo)
05 (08) [PS2] Fifa 09 (Electronic Arts)
06 (10) [NDS] More Brain Training From Dr Kawashima (Nintendo)
07 (02) [PS2] Singstar Schlager (Sony Computer Entertainment)
08 (09) [NDS] High School Musical 3: Senior Year Dance! (Disney Interactive)
09 (__) [NDS] Professor Layton and the Curious Village (Nintendo)
10 (06) [PS2] Need For Speed: Undercover (Electronic Arts)
Incredible legs for an over 3 year old. Some games would be happy to be in the top 10 after 3 weeks, but after 3 years is incredible. Only beaten out by it's far younger, but still old, brother, Mario Kart Wii.

Brain Training also very impressive. Over 2.5 years old.

spwolf

Parl said:
Incredible legs for an over 3 year old. Some games would be happy to be in the top 10 after 3 weeks, but after 3 years is incredible. Only beaten out by it's far younger, but still old, brother, Mario Kart Wii.

Brain Training also very impressive. Over 2.5 years old.

yep... i am not sure if thats good or bad, but people seem to know what are good games and are buying those...

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
CubeRevolution said:
2up4lc5.png

Germany:
Week 50, 2008

I read here and there that Nintendo users may move to a Sony or Microsoft platform next gen. The answer is no: they will go where the next Mario Kart will be.

Negaiido

Tideas said:
to put a downer on the oncoming LBP news flux, i think the increase is due to the dramatic drop in price

I know this is a late quote but let me react to it.
Whats so wrong about the drop in price? First, it aint cheap at every place and second this is with everything. The 360 sold better after the price drop.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
06 (21) PS3 LittleBigPlanet (Sony Computer Ent.)
Woohoo!

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Was there a discount on LBP? Or is this the advertising push finally going into effect?
Both, HDUK has had a few spottings of LBP at £20, so while this is excellent news (LBP selling is always good news), it could have just as much to do with price bombas as advertising.

Belgorim

hum, 45k 360, thats about 5% of the US

on a population of 21M, about 7% of the US.

so 360 kinda doing ok there then?

Wii doing godly... though hum... it was 4 weeks in NPD, this is 5 weeks, so nevermind.

test_account

XP-39C²
roxya said:
NO!!!! It's a marketplace seller. People should know that before thinking Amazon are actually selling it (in fact, they're out of stock).
Oh ok, i didnt know that, sorry. It is still pretty cheap though :) I wonder how that marketplace seller can sell it for like £17.99. I find it hard to belive that the "buy-in" price for LBP for the retailers are lower than something like £17.99, or?

Kujo

Accident said:
Australia November Hardware
Wii 130,000
X360 45,700
PS3 26,000
Hmm, I expected more from the 360. Microsoft has been extremely agressive in pricing over here in the past month. 360 Pro 60GB dropped below the Wii price while also having more bundled games. Arcade is now even cheaper than a PSP, with one store having it for basically 1/3 of the price of a PS3. Hopefully it gives Wii more competition in December.

Verve

2eygkn5.png

Sweden:
Week 50, 2008 - MULTIFORMAThttp://www.dataspelsbranschen.se/listing.aspx?y=2008&w=50

01 [PS2] Singstar Abba
02 [Wii] Mario Kart Wii
03 [PS2] Guitar Hero: World Tour
04 [Wii] Wii Fit
05 [PC] World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King
06 [Wii] Guitar Hero: World Tour
07 [360] Guitar Hero: World Tour
08 [DS] New Super Mario Bros
09 [PS2] Singstar Svenska hits Schlager
10 [360] Lips
11 [360] FIFA 09
12 [PC] GTA 4