• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 9, 2017

Flintty

I'd. e interested to know how snipperclips did. That has to be almost 1:1 surely?

A good week all around though :)

blakep267

On the MS side Minecraft is beating Halo Wars 2 in sales. I mean....
I think everybody even MS knows it's not supposed to be a huge seller. It's an rts. It's a stop gap game for the spring that also may have some appeal on the PC side and it has Microtransactions.

xrnzaaas

Good start for Horizon and Zelda. I'm surprised to see other Switch games in the top 10, probably wouldn't happen if this wasn't the same week when the console launched.

Also big drop for Halo Wars 2 already, that's probably one the most disappointing first party titles for them this gen.

LordKano

According to gameblog.fr (which isn't the most reliable source but since it concerns France I may give them a bit of credit for this one), Switch is selling "more than good" in France.
http://www.gameblog.fr/news/66641-nintendo-switch-en-france-les-ventes-se-passent-mieux-que-bi

Vendredi et ce week-end, ça s'est passé mieux que bien ! Franchement, en terme de volumes de ventes, c'est en gros 4 fois plus fort que la Wii U à sa sortie. Et je peux dire que ça a cartonné globalement partout. Là, on est presque déjà en rupture. Mais nous allons en recevoir prochainement.

Nintendo ne veut pas avoir l'effet NES Mini, ils ne veulent vraiment pas jouer la rupture. On va donc pouvoir réapprovisionner rapidement. Chez Nintendo, ils doivent être contents. Si ça se maintient à ce rythme, sur les premiers mois, on devrait être dans les volumes de la Wii. C'est vraiment fort.

Sans réelle surprise, à 95%, on a vendu la Switch avec Zelda. Il y a aussi quelques 1-2 Switch qui partent. En tout cas, en boutique, les gens sont super contents pour l'instant. Mais nous constatons que dans l'esprit des joueurs, c'est avant tout une portable... les retours des premiers tests de Zelda qui évoquent qu'il est plus beau en nomade, qu'en mode TV, on dû jouer dans cette perception.

Friday and the week-end, it was better than good. Honestly, in terms of amount of sales, it's around four times better than the Wii U at its launch. And I can also say that it sold amazing globally. Now, we're almost out of stock. But we're going to get more soon.

Nintendo doesn't want a NES Mini-situation again, they really don't want to play the scarcity. So we will be able to re-supply quickly. At Nintendo, they must be happy. If we keep that pace on the first months, we should be able to be in the same amounts as the Wii. That's really strong.

Without any surprise, for 95%, we've sold the Switch with Zelda. There are also some 1-2 Switch selling off. In any case, in store, people are really happy at the moment. But we're constating that in gamer's mind, it's a portable device beforehand. The reviews of Zelda which said that it was prettier in portable mode than in TV mode may have played a role in this perception.

Good start for Horizon and Zelda. I'm surprised to see other Switch games in the top 10, probably wouldn't happen if this wasn't the same week when the console launched.

Also big drop for Halo Wars 2 already, that's probably one the most disappointing first party titles for them this gen.

I doubt they had huge expectations for Halo Wars 2 going into the launch. I would imagine something like Gears of War 4 is much more disappointing for them.

jonno394

According to gameblog.fr (which isn't the most reliable source but since it concerns France I may give them a bit of credit for this one), Switch is selling "more than good" in France.
http://www.gameblog.fr/news/66641-nintendo-switch-en-france-les-ventes-se-passent-mieux-que-bi

Wii U sold 120k between launch and 31/12/2012. Will be interesting to see how much Switch sold week 1 then.

Edit - apparently week 1 in France was around 65k, 4 times this number would be a bit unbelievable imo, but 3ds did do kind of amazingly in France.

great numbers all around, good for GG they deserve all them sales, hope people will STFU about always shitting on them now

i wonder when are we going to get another milestone announcement but for NA or ROW

also
Raylan
is a beast

I remember that one guy saying that gaf hype doesn't translate into real world sales in the horizon review thread. Maybe he should have taken his own goddamn advice

I remember that one guy saying that gaf hype doesn't translate into real world sales in the horizon review thread. Maybe he should have taken his own goddamn advice

It doesn't. Of course there are times when a game is high on GAF hype and it sells well, and that seems to be the situation here. I don't see how you can make a correlation between the two when we see Platinum Games getting tons of GAF hype and then not selling anywhere near something like like Horizon.

Thorrgal

There's another factor that he was well-prepared to post that.

Twice, even, as I found the same post in another thread.

That can't be a factor though...being prepared?

Harsh ban imo

The thread wasn't derailed and it was fun to read all those predictions. Succesful attempt at humor I'd say

Thorrgal

Please go ahead and do it. Because the numbers will not contradict what I said. The Horizon is the biggest new IP they have dropped.

It's the biggest new IP now that we know how much it sold lol...if the game had the misfortune of flopping, like many predicted, it wouldn't be the biggest IP.

Compare receptions and you will have your answer.

With Horizon reception expect less than 100k was harsh.

But Ni-Oh and Nier also had a great reception. So we can't go by that only

noobie

Banned
That can't be a factor though...being prepared?

Harsh ban imo

The thread wasn't derailed and it was fun to read all those predictions. Succesful attempt at humor I'd say
I second it. Worried about myself that if I list number of XBO titles in top ten versus PS4 titles, I might get banned for detailing the discussion.

I demand ban should be lifted immediately

BKK

Note that they say "highest sales week" rather than "highest launch week". "Ocarina of Time was supplied constrained at launch and kept bouncing up and down the charts as they restocked, so it's possible that it's launch week wasn't it's highest week, especially as it released close to Christmas.

Seems that this was indeed the case, it released week 50/98, but sold more the following week (51/98).

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/?i=1113&s=1111

Of course, ‘Zelda Ocarina of Time' was originally released on N64 and stormed to No1 in the Christmas Chart of 1998 (week 51/98) breaking all records at the time to shift around 100K in that week.

I second it. Worried about myself that if I list number of XBO titles in top ten versus PS4 titles, I might get banned for detailing the discussion.

I demand ban should be lifted immediately
I don't see how posting random quotes and dumb GIF without any personal thought is "detailing the discussion". This is more like trying to poke fun at people who were wrong in their predictions.

Wii U sold 120k between launch and 31/12/2012. Will be interesting to see how much Switch sold week 1 then.

Edit - apparently week 1 in France was around 65k, 4 times this number would be a bit unbelievable imo, but 3ds did do kind of amazingly in France.

Sounds like one store they're talking about and they say around 4 times. I'd expect around double country wide.

Italy:
1) For Honor (PS4)
2) FIFA 17 (PS4)
3) Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege (PS4)
4) Minecraft (PS4)
5) GTA V (PS4)
6) Call of Duty Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition (PS4)
7) Berserk and the Band of the Hawk (PS4)
8) Nioh (PS4)
9) Resident Evil 7 Biohazard (PS4)
10) Battlefield 1 (PS4)

http://www.aesvi.it/cms/charts.php?dir_pk=206

France:
1) For Honor (PS4)
2) FIFA 17 (PS4)
3) GTA V (PS4)
4) Pokèmon Soleil (3DS)
5) Resident Evil II: Biohazard

http://www.sell.fr/

ethomaz

Banned
But Ni-Oh and Nier also had a great reception. So we can't go by that only
Great reception for a Souls like game (Ni-Oh) so it should sell like a souls like game (or better).

That is why Horizon sales are more in like with Open World good reception games... The Witcher 3 is a good example to compare.

It was really hard to think that Horizon will do less than 100k with the reception it received.

Rob2K19

All other titles must watch Horizon's number 1 Dawn from down below. Well done.

Not even Zelda's booty could propel the game to the top.

1425985783284_zpsbw62bkfo.gif

Went out with a bang. lol

Principate

Saint Titanfall

95% attach ratio with those sorts of sales is insane if accurate.

Mory Dunz

edit: so past this whole Horizon Zelda nonsense for the 99th time, I wonder how much SW swtich sold.
I don't know what the usual tie in ratio for a launch is, but it'd interesting to see, given the lineup.

I agree about Nintendo Switch having a strong launch in the UK given the circumstances (here a comparison table), now we will have to wait how it performs during the next weeks, months. With the poor line-up that basically consists of just one game sales should slow down very fast though.

There isn't any upcoming new retail game in March, and the next big title will not be released until April 28.

Code:
[B]Nintendo Hardware UK Launch Sales:[/B]

Game Boy Advance - 67,000
Nintendo GameCube - 69,000
Nintendo DS - 87,000
Nintendo Wii - 105,000
Nintendo 3DS - 113,000
Nintendo Wii U - 40,000
Nintendo Switch - 80,000

Upcoming Nintendo Switch releases:

March: Nothing
April: LEGO City Undercover (7th), Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (28th) and Puyo Puyo Tetris (28th).

So basically Mario Kart unfairly has to save another console ;)

Bruno MB

Week 9, 2017 - Individual Formats (Units)

01 (NE) PS4 HORIZON ZERO DAWN (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
02 (NE) NSW THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD (NINTENDO)
03 (NE) WIU THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD (NINTENDO)
04 (NE) NSW 1-2 SWITCH (NINTENDO)
05 (04) PS4 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
06 (NE) NSW SUPER BOMBERMAN R (KONAMI)
07 (06) XBO GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
08 (02) PS4 FOR HONOR (UBISOFT)
09 (08) PS4 FIFA 17 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
10 (03) XBO FOR HONOR (UBISOFT)
11 (09) XBO FIFA 17 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
12 (10) XBO MINECRAFT: XBOX EDITION (MICROSOFT)
13 (12) XBO ROCKET LEAGUE (505 GAMES)
14 (05) XBO FORZA HORIZON 3 (MICROSOFT)
15 (01) XBO HALO WARS 2 (MICROSOFT)
16 (13) PS4 CALL OF DUTY: INFINITE WARFARE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
17 (07) PS4 SNIPER ELITE 4 (SOLD OUT SALES & MARKETING)
18 (14) PS4 RESIDENT EVIL 7: BIOHAZARD (CAPCOM)
19 (11) PS4 BATTLEFIELD 1 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
20 (17) PS4 ROCKET LEAGUE (505 GAMES)
21 (16) XBO BATTLEFIELD 1 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
22 (22) PS4 HITMAN: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON (SQUARE ENIX EUROPE)
23 (26) PS4 UNCHARTED 4: A THIEF'S END (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
24 (15) XBO SNIPER ELITE 4 (SOLD OUT SALES & MARKETING)
25 (21) 3DS POKEMON SUN (NINTENDO)
26 (18) XBO CALL OF DUTY: INFINITE WARFARE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
27 (19) PS4 NIOH (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
28 (23) XBO OVERWATCH (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
29 (24) XBO RESIDENT EVIL 7: BIOHAZARD (CAPCOM)
30 (NE) PS4 THE WALKING DEAD: THE NEW FRONTIER (TELLTALE GAMES)
31 (31) PS4 RISE OF THE TOMB RAIDER: 20 YEAR EDITION (SQUARE ENIX EUROPE)
32 (27) 3DS POKEMON MOON (NINTENDO)
33 (32) XBO HITMAN: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON (SQUARE ENIX EUROPE)
34 (35) 3DS NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. 2 (NINTENDO)
35 (30) PS4 MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION EDITION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
36 (36) XBO THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM SPECIAL ED. (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
37 (40) PS4 THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM SPECIAL ED. (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
38 (37) PS4 FINAL FANTASY XV (SQUARE ENIX EUROPE)
39 (34) PS4 WWE 2K17 (TAKE 2)
40 (29) PS4 OVERWATCH (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)

First week;

umwgVvk.png

Oh, nice!

It is great to have the exact sales number for The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time launch week.

I assume that figure is from Chart-Track and likely upweighted, isn't it?

vivekTO

01 (NE) PS4 HORIZON ZERO DAWN (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
02 (NE) NSW THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD (NINTENDO)
03 (NE) WIU THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD (NINTENDO)
04 (NE) NSW 1-2 SWITCH (NINTENDO)
05 (04) PS4 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
06 (NE) NSW SUPER BOMBERMAN R (KONAMI)
07 (06) XBO GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
08 (02) PS4 FOR HONOR (UBISOFT)
09 (08) PS4 FIFA 17 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
10 (03) XBO FOR HONOR (UBISOFT)
11 (09) XBO FIFA 17 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
12 (10) XBO MINECRAFT: XBOX EDITION (MICROSOFT)
13 (12) XBO ROCKET LEAGUE (505 GAMES)
14 (05) XBO FORZA HORIZON 3 (MICROSOFT)
15 (01) XBO HALO WARS 2 (MICROSOFT)
16 (13) PS4 CALL OF DUTY: INFINITE WARFARE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
17 (07) PS4 SNIPER ELITE 4 (SOLD OUT SALES & MARKETING)
18 (14) PS4 RESIDENT EVIL 7: BIOHAZARD (CAPCOM)
19 (11) PS4 BATTLEFIELD 1 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
20 (17) PS4 ROCKET LEAGUE (505 GAMES)
21 (16) XBO BATTLEFIELD 1 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
22 (22) PS4 HITMAN: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON (SQUARE ENIX EUROPE)
23 (26) PS4 UNCHARTED 4: A THIEF'S END (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
24 (15) XBO SNIPER ELITE 4 (SOLD OUT SALES & MARKETING)
25 (21) 3DS POKEMON SUN (NINTENDO)
26 (18) XBO CALL OF DUTY: INFINITE WARFARE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
27 (19) PS4 NIOH (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
28 (23) XBO OVERWATCH (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
29 (24) XBO RESIDENT EVIL 7: BIOHAZARD (CAPCOM)
30 (NE) PS4 THE WALKING DEAD: THE NEW FRONTIER (TELLTALE GAMES)
31 (31) PS4 RISE OF THE TOMB RAIDER: 20 YEAR EDITION (SQUARE ENIX EUROPE)
32 (27) 3DS POKEMON MOON (NINTENDO)
33 (32) XBO HITMAN: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON (SQUARE ENIX EUROPE)
34 (35) 3DS NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. 2 (NINTENDO)
35 (30) PS4 MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION EDITION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
36 (36) XBO THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM SPECIAL ED. (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
37 (40) PS4 THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM SPECIAL ED. (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
38 (37) PS4 FINAL FANTASY XV (SQUARE ENIX EUROPE)
39 (34) PS4 WWE 2K17 (TAKE 2)
40 (29) PS4 OVERWATCH (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)

Good!!

kyser73

Raylan took the hit for all of us who who had to listen to the idiocy. I'm certain that he posted what a lot of us were thinking.

The sound of people engaging reverse across multiple threads atm is deafening.

OT - Horizon actually marks only the second successful new IP launch from Sony this gen. 1886 tanked (although I would be interested in uncovering its global LTD), DC led to a studio closure nd both killed any chance of a franchise being developed from the IP.

So no - it is only in the last few weeks that there has been a sense that it would be a success and a good game, so let's just quit the whole 'It was inevitable' nonsense, which is as obnoxious as the 'Sent out to die!' stupidity.

BKK

Oh, nice!

It is great to have the exact sales number for The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time launch week.

I assume that figure is from Chart-Track and likely upweighted, isn't it?

They don't give a source, but my assumption is that it's a Chart-Track figure via THE Games, who were the Nintendo distributor at the time (Nintendo didn't directly operate in the UK then). The only exact numbers that I see from back then are Chart-Track numbers, which THE Games would have had access to as an ELSPA member. I would expect them to upweight the raw number from 75% when giving numbers to the press (standard PR).

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ukcharts_annual2003_part2

Next up, the GameCube fared a little better in the exclusivity stakes, despite having a significantly smaller installed base than Microsoft's machine. Top of the heap was - unsurprisingly - Mario Kart: Double Dash!! at No.45, which sold an impressive 150k (the equivalent of over a million on the PS2, on a ratio of buyers to installed base), while The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker managed a No.55 placing on 140k sales. But it's perhaps worth bearing in mind that the £50 Ocarina Of Time on N64 managed to shift 161k pre-Christmas back in 1998, and a further 93k in the following year in a market worth half as much as it is now, and when discounting was nowhere near as common as it is now. In comparison, the fervour for these ageing brands just isn't what it was in the UK.

This article on the 2003 Chart-Track annual report gives 161k for "pre-Christmas", which matches the 61k (50/98) + 100k (51/98) figures that we have. It then dropped down and out of the charts for the next three weeks, before re-entering at #1. It supposedly sold 93k in 1999. It probably ended up around 300k. Wind Waker did 140k in 2003, which should be the raw 85% number;

In terms of pure sales grunt, the gap between FIFA 2004 and the rest was vast. According to ChartTrack's 6,500-strong UK panel (an estimated 85 per cent of the true figure), 878,000 bought EA's latest footy title - a 19 per cent improvement on sales of the previous version and over 350,000 ahead of its closest competitor.

Thorrgal

Raylan took the hit for all of us who who had to listen to the idiocy. I'm certain that he posted what a lot of us were thinking.

The sound of people engaging reverse across multiple threads atm is deafening.

OT - Horizon actually marks only the second successful new IP launch from Sony this gen. 1886 tanked (although I would be interested in uncovering its global LTD), DC led to a studio closure nd both killed any chance of a franchise being developed from the IP.

So no - it is only in the last few weeks that there has been a sense that it would be a success and a good game, so let's just quit the whole 'It was inevitable' nonsense, which is as obnoxious as the 'Sent out to die!' stupidity.

So the ban is permanent?

noobie

Banned
So Jeuxvideo.com says Horizon was the best launch on ps4, all games included.

Translated from French
Sony tells us that HZD becomes the best launch of a new IP on PS4, a position previously occupied by NMS. It's also the best launch *period* on PS4, title previously owned by Uncharted 4
Mistake?

Copied From horizon thread

Bruno MB

FScg6.png

Spain:

01 (NE) NSW THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD (NINTENDO) - 44,000
02 (NE) PS4 HORIZON ZERO DAWN (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 35,000
03 (NE) WIU THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD (NINTENDO) - 13,000
04 (NE) NSW 1-2 SWITCH (NINTENDO) - 8,000
05 (01) PS4 FIFA 17 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 4,000

ethomaz

Banned
FScg6.png

Spain:

01 (NE) NSW THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD (NINTENDO) - 44,000
02 (NE) PS4 HORIZON ZERO DAWN (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 35,000
03 (NE) WIU THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD (NINTENDO) - 13,000
04 (NE) NSW 1-2 SWITCH (NINTENDO) - 8,000
05 (01) PS4 FIFA 17 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 4,000
Nintendo official PR using GFK number.

https://nintendo.hosting.augure.com...iewer&id=35967916-677e-41f4-ac97-845435c62338

39.566 Zelda Switch sold... 88% attach rate.

Unbelievable attach rate for Zelda Ö
Perhaps wrong numbers.

Top Bottom