• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Palmer Luckey issue statement on actions on Nimble America

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
http://uploadvr.com/palmer-luckey-issues-statement-on-smear-reports/

https://www.facebook.com/palmer.luckey/posts/10209141115659366

I am deeply sorry that my actions are negatively impacting the perception of Oculus and its partners.The recent news stories about me do not accurately represent my views.
Here’s more background: I contributed $10,000 to Nimble America because I thought the organization had fresh ideas on how to communicate with young voters through the use of several billboards. I am a libertarian who has publicly supported Ron Paul and Gary Johnson in the past, and I plan on voting for Gary in this election as well.
I am committed to the principles of fair play and equal treatment. I did not write the "NimbleRichMan" posts, nor did I delete the account. Reports that I am a founder or employee of Nimble America are false. I don’t have any plans to donate beyond what I have already given to Nimble America.
Still, my actions were my own and do not represent Oculus. I’m sorry for the impact my actions are having on the community

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The Daily Beast story specifically says that Luckey told them he posted as NimbleRichMan, and the organization reportedly listed him as a Vice President, and both the organization and the account said that any donation to the organization would be matched by said anonymous near-billionaire . . .

Here's the statement

“I am deeply sorry that my actions are negatively impacting the perception of Oculus and its partners.The recent news stories about me do not accurately represent my views,” Luckey said

“Here’s more background: I contributed $10,000 to Nimble America because I thought the organization had fresh ideas on how to communicate with young voters through the use of several billboards. I am a libertarian who has publicly supported Ron Paul and Gary Johnson in the past, and I plan on voting for Gary in this election as well.

“I am committed to the principles of fair play and equal treatment. I did not write the “NimbleRichMan” posts, nor did I delete the account. Reports that I am a founder or employee of Nimble America are false. I don’t have any plans to donate beyond what I have already given to Nimble America.

“Still, my actions were my own and do not represent Oculus. I’m sorry for the impact my actions are having on the community.”

Slayven

“I am deeply sorry that my actions are negatively impacting the perception of Oculus and its partners.The recent news stories about me do not accurately represent my views,” Luckey said

Someone got called to the principle's office

chadskin

The Daily Beast story specifically says that Luckey told them he posted as NimbleRichMan, and the organization reportedly listed him as a Vice President.

OFo83X8.png

Yazzees

The Daily Beast story specifically says that Luckey told them he posted as NimbleRichMan.
This is what's blowing my mind. He's gonna play he said/she said with a reputable outlet when he's the one with an entire career to lose?

Dude's a moron and digging himself an even deeper hole. Racist dumbass.

Ducarmel

And whats the explanation for his girlfriends racists tweets and association with gamergate?

I don't believe him at all.

Kifimbo

Very weak explanation. Not only does he contradict himself, but he doesn't address the stuff he retweeted on Twitter, including some awful shit from his girlfriend.

adj_noun

I am deeply sorry that my actions are negatively impacting the perception of Oculus and its partners.

I’m sorry for the impact my actions are having on the community.

Are you sorry about your actions though

Yazzees

Very weak explanation. Not only does he contradict himself, but he doesn't address the stuff he retweeted on Twitter, including some awful shit from his girlfriend.
Anyone who calls themself "shitlord" in their twitter bio is guaranteed to have horrifically tiresome and bad tweets.

Welp. If this is really all we're getting from Facebook/Oculus, then they can eat a dick. This absolutely seals my decision not to go forward with purchasing any Oculus products.

Dartastic

This seems false. Especially due to the context of the Daily Beast article, the quotes given, and the Tweets of his girlfriend.

I am a libertarian who has publicly supported Ron Paul and Gary Johnson in the past, and I plan on voting for Gary in this election as well.

Oh, well in that case... nothing changes about my opinion of him. Sorry, Luckey.

DAT racist, gamer gate girlfriend tho...

"It's OK guys, I'm just a libertarian who happens to like all my girlfriend's racist ass tweets".

Also what Stump said

This is some piss poor damage control. The guy associated himself with a hate group, [forgot, was oblivious to] the fact he said it to a news organization, and when caught, realized there was money leaving his pockets like rats deserting a burning dumpster fire disguised as a ship. And that's when he does the whole "oh but my views aren't representative of the product/company" spiel.

The Facebook suits probably told him to fucking grovel at The Zuck's eternal golden throne or risk being thrown into the psyker fuel pits (AKA, cut loose).

Ketch

The Daily Beast story specifically says that Luckey told them he posted as NimbleRichMan, and the organization reportedly listed him as a Vice President, and both the organization and the account said that any donation to the organization would be matched by said anonymous near-billionaire . . .

Just to be clear, the organization didn't list Luckey as their vice president, they listed "NimbleRichMan" as their vice president.

The daily beast needs to release the transcript where Luckey admits to being NimbleRichMan.

Or Luckey needs to sue them for defamation or libel or whatever it's called.

So one of two parties is lying. Hmmmm.

Exactly. Lets see the receipts.

Yazzees

Welp. If this is really all we're getting from Facebook/Oculus, then they can eat a dick. This absolutely seals my decision not to go forward with purchasing any Oculus products.
There's no way this post would have passed vetting from Facebook. This was him acting alone in a panic.

Turns out money can't buy a techbro any social awareness.

Pastry

Banned
This is written like if a Communications 101 professor told his class to write something apologizing for a racist outburst.

Top Bottom