• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Palmer Luckey issue statement on actions on Nimble America

FlappyHands

Neo Member
Oculus thinks that they successfully buried this. Nothing is going to happen until their bottom line is heavily impacted and the reason for that can be traced back to Luckey's fuckery.

Really? From listening to the Bombcast and reading here it seems to me like his "apology" is fooling nobody and their bottom line is already being hit with people pulling their support of the device.

It will be a really bad look in the long run if they keep Palmer around in any real capacity after this stuff. I think there is only one way this will pan out and that is with Palmer "stepping down".

Really? From listening to the Bombcast and reading here it seems to me like his "apology" is fooling nobody and their bottom line is already being hit with people pulling their support of the device.

It will be a really bad look in the long run if they keep Palmer around in any real capacity after this stuff. I think there is only one way this will pan out and that is with Palmer "stepping down".
Sadly a handful of developers not supporting the platform isnt going to make a dent in their financials. I wish it would, but it won't.

Zaph

I think we will have an idea of how badly shit the fan internally if Palmer is a no-show at the Oculus Connect next week.

I doubt he'll show in any public capacity. Facebook/Oculus already neutered him after Reddit and the other PR blunders and right now I wouldn't be surprised if they're only hanging on to him because of the upcoming ZeniMax lawsuit

Zaph

What benefit do they get for keeping him around for the lawsuit?

If Oculus is at fault, do you think they want a jaded, senior employee out in the wild? Especially one who seems quite immature and could hold a grudge?

The lawsuit is potentially a very big deal for the future of Oculus, it's legal common sense to not create any additional points of weakness.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
If Oculus is at fault, do you think they want a jaded, senior employee out in the wild? Especially one who seems quite immature and could hold a grudge?

The lawsuit is potentially a very big deal for the future of Oculus, it's legal common sense to not create any additional points of weakness.

Ohhh yeah good point!

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
No way he'd be there, and no chance he'd actually do a speech, keynote or other public appearance in front of an audience.

That would be crazy right now.

Sad to say but it seems like this story is going to just gradually fade away with no resolution.

How rich will he be when Oculus tanks? Asking for a friend
He got paid ~700 million when Facebook bought Oculus and is now an employee of the company. So even if they cut him loose tomorrow he would still be extraordinarily wealthy.

I think we will have an idea of how badly shit the fan internally if Palmer is a no-show at the Oculus Connect next week.
My guess is he shows up and is allowed to wander around shoeless, but won't be speaking.

Top Bottom