• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Palmer Luckey to appear on HTC Vive stage at TGS

With HTC focus purely on VR now, he maybe got a job there, or some sort of consulting blabla, after parting ways with Oculus / Facebook

L Thammy

I realised he cosplayed as Quiet from MGS V. Does that mean that Japan is his safe place now?

I just think he's a nerd. His (also incredibly racist) girlfriend is a cosplayer, he had shell companies supporting Trump named after stuff from Chrono Trigger, his Twitter avatar was anime styled... I believe he's a brony as well?

Christ. Nowadays Nazi=White person it seems....

Uh, do you know anything about Luckey?

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I hope he doesn't say anything political or be a troll on stage.

I realized he cosplayed as Quiet from MGS V. Does that mean that Japan is his safe place now?

Its actually an onstage VR dialogue session with GOROman, a VR enthusiast and founder of XVI Inc.

I have seen various japanese game devs taking photos with him and talking with him on twitter (Shuhei Yoshida etc). They really dont give a shit about his US political stance and what happened in US.

JordanN

Banned

Had to double check again, but yeah, Mr.Crazy is there.

jdNAHYO.png

FingerBang

I don't agree with his ideas (I think it's stupid I have to write this here to avoid being attacked by the entire board), but I am curious to hear what he says. After all, it is thanks to this guy we have modern VR and I definitely respect him as an engineer/scientist.

I don't think he's going to work for HTC, I think they'll probably just talk about the current technology and the evolution of VR.

(For some weird reasons looking him up on google.jp, the first suggestion coming up is "Palmer Luckey kanojo", girlfriend. Japanese girls do like them right-wing millionaires. )

These sorts of threads are starting to become clockwork with not if but when Khaos will show up with the worst take imaginable.

Don't do this shit, dude's a white supremacist.

Nah, nah, no way. He was just financially supporting them. Totally different!!*

*tooootally

L Thammy

In case some of you legitimately aren't familiar with everything around Luckey, it's worth noting his girlfriend as well. Note that she's cosplaying as a Gamergate mascot in the avatar in the first image:

A man is known by the company he keeps.

Zubz

Banned
Getting the founder of your biggest rival on your side can be a smart decision, but I think the whole "Nazi propagandist" thing more than cancels that out.

Had to double check again, but yeah, Mr.Crazy is there.

I really want Yosp to explain this, because it makes me upset to hear he might buy into that bullshit.

Mechazawa

In case some of you legitimately aren't familiar with everything around Luckey, it's worth noting his girlfriend as well. Note that she's cosplaying as a Gamergate mascot in the avatar in the first image:

A man is known by the company he keeps.

Yeah, any sort of ambiguity about what kind of supercunt64 Palmer Lucky is got blown up when it was revealed that this shitweasel was his girlfriend.

autoduelist

I really want Yosp to explain this, because it makes me upset to hear he might buy into that bullshit.

Why in the world would someone need to go out of their way to explain why they follow someone else on twitter. You can follow people you love, like, hate, want to keep an eye on, accidentally clicked on, don't know much about, want to learn more about....

Zubz

Banned
Why in the world would someone need to go out of their way to explain why they follow someone else on twitter. You can follow people you love, like, hate, want to keep an eye on, accidentally clicked on, don't know much about, want to learn more about....

I want to live guilt-free knowing money spent on my PlayStation isn't going through Yosp towards any of Jones' sugar pills. That thought genuinely makes me feel uncomfortable. I like having a rough idea of where my money goes, or in this case, doesn't.

Izuna

Banned
So I see everyone is pretty much "fuck Palmer", which is all fine and well, but otherwise, I'm excited to see what he's going to announce for the sake of VR.

I don't agree with his ideas (I think it's stupid I have to write this here to avoid being attacked by the entire board), but I am curious to hear what he says. After all, it is thanks to this guy we have modern VR and I definitely respect him as an engineer/scientist.

I don't think he's going to work for HTC, I think they'll probably just talk about the current technology and the evolution of VR.

(For some weird reasons looking him up on google.jp, the first suggestion coming up is "Palmer Luckey kanojo", girlfriend. Japanese girls do like them right-wing millionaires. )

It's because people find this partner attractive.

poodaddy

Christ. Nowadays Nazi=White person it seems....

What the fuck are you talking about? You might wanna do some research on Lucky Palmer. Dude has financially supported a straight up white nationalist website. If that doesn't constitute as nazism then I'm not sure what does.

Top Bottom