• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paramount removes Terminator from its schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now...

We Are Free
rejoice.png

Not the video I was expecting with that quote.

Sesha

I'd watch a Speed reboot

dammit

People like you are to blame.

You did this.

"Fox's new Speed made $400m dollars. People still want more 90s movies."

"Then we will give them that. Call Sting. Let's bring back, the Demolition Man."

I would love to see another really good Terminator movie someday. I liked some parts of Genisys (mostly the fan-service stuff tbh) but the casting was off and they gave away the twist in trailers

My sentiments too. In a year of reboots it was fine. Just thought everyone except Arnold was miscast.

inm8num2

pAKVCOa.gif

The only Terminator movie that might have been interesting to see after T2 would have been one taking place during the war with Skynet. Basically, the first 15 minutes of Genisys stretched out to 2 hours w/o adding more timeline/mythology bullshit or changing the ending of T2. We see the war unfold, the tide turn, John and Kyle's friendship grow, etc., and the movie ends with John going back in time to protect Sarah. End credits. Such a film would have been fun, albeit unnecessary.

Rymuth

Salvation sucked balls but Genisys was kind of a guilty pleasure for me...Arnie's so good when it comes to being a paternal figure that I honestly wanted the whole movie to be just that.

Oh well...

Carbonox

I'm glad. Genesys was rancid.

Aren't we getting a Terminator 2 3D re-release in cinema this year courtesy of James Cameron?

tomtom94

Joke's on you guys, Arnold Schwarzenegger is going to time travel back from the future to put this movie into production

Sarah Connor Chronicles Season 3 please

This! Felt so underrated and the Cliff hanger ending! A season after that would have been the sequel we truly deserved, close the whole Connor Timeline and move on to another country in the Terminator Universe

ElTopo

Banned
Thank you. Stop raping this franchise.

Now, hopefully when Cameron gets the rights back he can right the wrongs.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Why am I the only one who liked genysis? it was much better than salvation and I enjoyed the callbacks to the first movie.
I enjoyed it. It was better than the two movies that came before it at least. The time travel aspect has gotten so muddled though that nothing makes sense anymore.

Oh well, the last story that needed to be told was 25 years ago. Everything since( film-wise) has been trash to varying degrees of garbagecity.

Yup. Post T2, nothing has worked out for this franchise. Just stop now, it's already dead.

T2 ended perfectly. Everything since has just rewritten the prior movie making the entire universe pointless. There's no consequence or stakes anymore because they'll just reboot/retcon whatever they need to keep milking the cow.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
I'll always love Terminator for how great the first two movies are with James Cameron.

As for the franchise:
giphy.gif

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
God that movie was so fucking terrible, even for the low standards I had going in. It was just....astounding.

Sephzilla

This is one franchise that just needs to be fucking buried.

Yup. Post T2, nothing has worked out for this franchise. Just stop now, it's already dead.

T2 ended perfectly. Everything since has just rewritten the prior movie making the entire universe pointless. There's no consequence or stakes anymore because they'll just reboot/retcon whatever they need to keep milking the cow.

Yep, Terminator should have ended with Terminator 2. Perfect ending to the franchise. The only other thing they could have done would have been some sort of Future War prequel about John Connor and Kyle Reese (directed by Cameron of course), but that wouldn't be necessary for the story at all. This franchise should have really stopped with the second movie.

Similarly, the Alien franchise probably should have stopped with Aliens as well (or at least not continued on with the Ripley character).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom