• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

''PaRappa the Rapper'' rated by the Korean Game Rating Board

Wasn't the original VA a huge douchebag? Seem to recall he stiffed some amateur filmmakers wanting to make a documentary about PTR.

Chemo

Money money money
is all you need

as in my money
as in please take it
I'm throwing it at the screen
Etc

soultron

Banned
Whoever said Lin-Manuel Miranda should be involved is actually onto something. That'd probably be a Very Good thing to happen to a new PaRappa game, honestly.

I thought we hated the voice actor for being a jerk

Well, there is no confirmation they will use the same voice actor if there is a new or remastered/remade Parappa. Yes, he is a jerk, yes, he does not have any fans here, but I am going to assume he made his last Parappa long ago.

I dont see how Sony would go forward with him. And if this is a reimagining/remake, you can basically start over with a new voice. I will assume it would be pretty easy to find someone who could do a very similar voice.

Yeah, I hope it's a new VA. The old one was literally abusing the IP to milk fans, and making threats when called out on it. Someone else can play the rapping dog.

Or make a new Lammy, which is the right answer.

ZarKryn7

I thought we hated the voice actor for being a jerk

I think most of us here separate the "art from the artist."

Anyway. I can't wait man. This game has this sort of jolly vibe I get from watching cartoon Network in their CN city era... oh fuck, that nostalgia man!

So let's see so far.

-parappa merchandise
-PJ berri anime spin-off
-20th anniversary event after psx keynote day
And now this.

Would certainly appreciate a new release in the franchise. This is one of my all-time favorite videogames. I was an absolute menace at my local blockbuster when it concerned this specific game. Would rent and never return it. I would basically keep renewing it endlessly.

ZarKryn7

Bosman...

jEb9chZ.jpg

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
How do you say "I GOTTA BELIEVE!" in Korean?

dickroach

in the rain or in the snow, i got the funky flow, but now, it's time, i really got to go

(is that the line? haven't played that game in years, but it sounds right.)

if no new game, I'm totally cool with a Parappa Collection (Parappa 1, Um Jammer Lammer, Parappa 2)

Camjo-Z

if no new game, I'm totally cool with a Parappa Collection (Parappa 1, Um Jammer Lammer, Parappa 2)

Just imagine: all three games with remastered HD graphics and sound, Lammy remixes for every song from PaRappa 1 & 2, multiple difficulty settings for each song in the vein of modern rhythm games, and totally revamped Cool Mode mechanics that give PaRappa new lyrics of his own to spit once he no longer needs to copy the rap master.

...damn now i kind of want that more than a new game

KyleCross

If it's a new game I hope they recast the voice actor which is an all around terrible person. Heck, I wish Sony would legally slap him as he's using the PaRappa IP illegally for personal gain.

Top Bottom