• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PaRappa the Rapper told me to drop dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

esterk

Dude this guy voiced PARAPPA THE FUCKING RAPPER. You need to bow before him, peasant.

In all seriousness, this is hilarious.

I'm sorry, this dude is HILARIOUS

"One love
One heart
One Parappa"

"FANmily"

"You are a virus that needs antibiotics"

its too much lmao

ramyeon

Indeed I am.

Possibly because I know several people who more than once got scammed out of thousands of euros. Only because they were too trusting of others words.
They're still victims, you should be blaming the people who took advantage of them.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I've threatened legal action twice, the first time he told me to "F*** Off" and the second time it was advised that I drop dead. I suspect a third time he might just decide to send some anthrax through the mail and be done with it.

The skunk over here will bring you luck.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
motherfuckin oroku saki and shit gotdamn

Gestault

I just started reading the blogspot site exchanges....OP really shouldn't have tried to get recourse through Facebook, aside from getting the information out there. It does make you look foolish getting into curse-laiden bickering with strangers about what happened.

L Thammy

I was following my line of thought from a few posts back saying that if you want something done right you pay after the service, not before. To which someone mentioning "that's why McDonalds never picked off".

I believe that was my wording. Note that you specifically said that it was "well known" that these services are poor, which I would assume means well known by people that aren't you.

I had also mentioned construction projects, which are often long-term and cannot practically have payment at the end while the construction company's resources are tied up. The construction company would not be able to operate. Again, maybe you don't need these services, but if it's well known that they're all inferior, one would think that these projects would never happen.

Paying before a service is performed isn't a totally weird thing.

Hattori

Banned
I was following my line of thought from a few posts back saying that if you want something done right you pay after the service, not before. To which someone mentioning "that's why McDonalds never picked off".
Must be nice living in your ideal world of paying after the fact. *sigh* If only the real world only worked the same way.

GatorBait

He's not taking money from anyone. He's not signing a contract and then bail out once he has the money. He's not doing anything a thief does.

You say this...

The OP GAVE him money under the promise that Dred Foxx would work with him.

...but this constitutes a legally binding contract. What you just said above is "consideration for a promise," which is one of the primary building blocks for a legally enforceable contract under American jurisprudence.

Zephyrus

Banned
They're still victims, you should be blaming the people who took advantage of them.

I do too. Never took the blame from the others. But you just don't trust someone you've never met before with money. My experiences in life, either with me or someone related to me, made me cynical. I'm sorry if what I write isn't supportive of the OP's feelings but it's true nonetheless.

I could paraphrased it better, but encouragement words aren't really what the OP needs. He needs someone to tell just how things are in hope that the next time some charlatan tries to scam him, he won't fall for it.

Blair

Banned
Out of interest, would people be calling Judge Dred gullible and stupid if OP promised him payment, he did the lines first and then OP finished his cartoon and never paid up?

In a way the payment up front makes sense because this is not some cowboy builder who can dissapear, it's a guy who clearly enjoys the goodwill of his fanbase so you would think it would be in his interest not to fuck over a fan for seemingly no reason. If i was Dred Foxx and some dude asked me to record some lines then he would pay me after, i wouldn't even respond.

OP good luck in life though, it seems you attract nutters judging by the irrelevant meltdowns a couple posters are having.

Zephyrus

Banned
Must be nice living in your ideal world of paying after the fact. *sigh* If only the real world only worked the same way.

It does, mate. Especially in a business one. Either you have full trust on the other party or know that the should the other one fail to do it's part you'll reap a lot more benefits (as in dealing with major commercial stores) or you never pay money upfront. I'm not seeing ANYONE paying me for my products before I actually deliver them. And even then I'm not seeing the money until my products are actually acknowledge to be of atleast good quality and presentation.

But DO teach me how it works, oh please do.

Zomba13

I like how some people were saying to send it to Kotaku etc and I was thinking "No way they'd do something on this. This isn't their kind of thing." I decide to check to see what is on Kotaku today and we have a video about a guy using an old coupon to get some pizza and another video on how to make your face look more like Lightning.

Anyway, wtf is up with the victim blaming here? Dude reached out to a VA of a character from one of his favourite games on the off chance he'd be interested in doing a few lines for a fan animation and VA turns out to be a scumbag but noooooo, it's totally the OPs fault. He should know better than to trust someone that is supposed to be a professional and shouldn't bother trying to take any risks. How will he ever handle business deals worth thousands of dollars? How will anyone ever employ him. He is so stupid. It's all his fault. Dred did the right thing.

Also, I wish the world works like Zephyrus'. I'd love to be able to pay for games after playing through them. After I've judged them to be of at least good quality. Also I'd love to be able to pay for my things after I have them in my home. Amazon is a pile of shit taking my money from me before I have the product unboxed in my hands.

level44

Indeed I am.

Possibly because I know several people who more than once got scammed out of thousands of euros. Only because they were too trusting of others words.

I've read all your responses in this thread and the best advice for you to take would be to stop talking. Not saying that in an offensive way but it's just cringeworthy. Read over what you have written.

On topic, I hope OP gets justice. Read the whole blog and it is outright stealing.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Just finished reading the whole deal. That's crazy, and unfortunate for you. This guy will definitely get his. I'm going to go post on his facebook now.

Gestault

Indeed I am.

I do think you sound...irrationally focused on the victim of wrongdoing in a situation like this, rather than the person who actually carried out the bad behavior. More-so in a situation where the person in the wrong is supposedly the professional. Even your reasoning is dodgy when you've made some of your points.

Jrs3000

It sucks to get cheated out your money but you live and learn. Next time maybe only give partial amount up front and the rest after to mitigate the risk. Being only $100 you'd have to take it up in small claims court but I'm not sure of the laws in your state and where he's located. You are not wrong in making people aware of this. It may just prevent other people from getting scammed like you were.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Actually, no he isn't one.

He's not taking money from anyone. He's not signing a contract and then bail out once he has the money. He's not doing anything a thief does.

Is he being an absolute asshole and despicable human being? Why, yes he is.
Is he still a thief? No.

The OP GAVE him money under the promise that Dred Foxx would work with him. That is just stupid. When you require a service, first you have that person do such service and only after it is done, do you pay for it. Do you pay before someone cooks you a meal? Do you pay before someone fixes something for you?

I know many of you are disgusted by the man's behavior, but the OP isn't in the right too.

When you pay for someone's service that they have agreed upon in writing that's more than a promise. That's legally binding. You don't have to have a contract signed by both parties with everything you do. This picture is plenty evidence to show that he is a thief.
0mxhmXX.png

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I like how some people were saying to send it to Kotaku etc and I was thinking "No way they'd do something on this. This isn't their kind of thing." I decide to check to see what is on Kotaku today and we have a video about a guy using an old coupon to get some pizza and another video on how to make your face look more like Lightning.

Wow, there really is a "how to look like Lightning" tutorial. I kinda want to try that...

Except I'm a dude.

Uh, but yeah, this could probably stand to be on Kotaku. I sent a link to them on Twitter.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Oh I'm sure there are. I'm just not willing to look for them.
Excuse me if I sound like a prick, but either you deliver a good job or you don't see your money.

People have been using the Mcdonald's argument against me, which actually increases my point. How many of you actually got poor service and wrong orders at McDonalds. I know I have. Several times. From burgers with mayo despite asking for burgers without it. With onions... with the wrong burger. Missing fries... I can go back and complain because I have the receipt, but many times the "fixed" order ends up tasting a bit "funky".

Mcd's quality has nothinh to do with this thread. There are always products and services that require you to pay a deposit or to pay before they can deliver something. Having to pay upfront, be it a full amount or a deposit, has nothing to do with quality nor this argument. There is no reason to blame the Op.

ktynn

Banned
If everyone would act this way the world would be a horrible place. The OP is kind of whistleblowing and might save others a lot of problems when dealing with this guy.

The world is a horrible place... there's tons of con artists like the guy this evolves around; and worse. You don't necessarily make it better by pointing them out and/or creating drama on social media. As i said, it was OP his own fault in the first place to pay someone before the job was done/started. And don't get me wrong, the voice actor is obviously a douche with bad intentions, which sucks, but i don't really approve of this handling either... would be better to bring this kind of story to newssites/gaming news sites instead of Facebook/socialmedia/NeoGAF... amirite?

Camjo-Z

i don't really approve of this handling either... would be better to bring this kind of story to newssites/gaming news sites instead of Facebook/socialmedia/NeoGAF... amirite?

I did send the story to multiple websites back before Part 2 of the blog happened, so I gave it a try at least.

This whole thing makes me wonder just how much of an asshole Joe Chin's VA must be.

IIRC the VA of Chop Chop Master Onion is the same as Joe Chin. He also helped write the lyrics for the games.

The world is a horrible place... there's tons of con artists like the guy this evolves around; and worse. You don't necessarily make it better by pointing them out and/or creating drama on social media. As i said, it was OP his own fault in the first place to pay someone before the job was done/started. And don't get me wrong, the voice actor is obviously a douche with bad intentions, which sucks, but i don't really approve of this handling either... would be better to bring this kind of story to newssites/gaming news sites instead of Facebook/socialmedia/NeoGAF... amirite?

No. Dred is obviously a shithead and should be put on blast everywhere, especially including a video games website. Maybe next time he'll think twice about ripping off some kids. I doubt it though.

MrBadger

In a way the payment up front makes sense because this is not some cowboy builder who can dissapear, it's a guy who clearly enjoys the goodwill of his fanbase so you would think it would be in his interest not to fuck over a fan for seemingly no reason. If i was Dred Foxx and some dude asked me to record some lines then he would pay me after, i wouldn't even respond.

That's how I see it too. I'd think the more trustworthy one in this situation would be the celebrity with 500 million members of his FANmily, who seems to really enjoy the fan interaction and praise. As opposed to the loser nobody virus who needs antibiotics (aka a random fan making an amateur project and promising payment when it's done).

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
My name is Dred Foxx and I'm here to say/
I love stealing money from fans ev er y day/
I want a hundred bucks so you can hear me rap/
But im a shysty mother fucker and I wont give it back/
You should feel lucky i didnt drive the cost up/
Cuz its hard payin bills when you're all washed up/
So go ahead, make a thread on the internet/
Ill be gettin head makin bread from fans writin' me checks/

*PAGING SOULCREATOR TO LAY DOWN A PHAT BEAT*

espher

thankfully I'm blessed that I don't have to. There might be a reason for that.

You don't own your own property?

Anyway, the fact that the OP didn't take appropriate steps to minimize his risk and was a bit gullible and naive -- while certainly giving him some level of responsibility in the outcome (there's always potential for some blame owing to a lack of risk mitigation, and I don't personally subscribe to the policy of absolving the victim of all blame) -- does not offset the fact that he has an agreement in principle for a service, rendered payment for that service, and did not receive that service. It also doesn't mean that Dred isn't a thief.

If I Kickstart a game without doing any research into the creators, and some fucker runs off with my money, I hold some responsibility for my loss because I gave him the money in the first place, but that doesn't mean that fucker isn't a con artist/thief/swindler/[expletive] and is not deserving of scorn and derision. If I go to a restaurant and pay for something, and I don't get it (or it's fucked up), and they fail to 'right the wrong' with respect to the transaction, am I not entitled to warn others not to patronize that establishment?

Darknight

motherfuckin oroku saki and shit gotdamn

What does that mean anyways? Did he just tell the dude to F off? lol

Feel sorry for OP. I hate when people take your money (lent some $) and dont give it back. Happened to someone I knew and the person decided not to pay me back.

Raynes

Grubby thief with no integrity. Hope no company associates with him and his future prospects of employment die.

If you can't trust a rapping cartoon dog, who can you trust?

Lame that you got burned OP, but hopefully others will know what they're getting into before dealing with this guy.

Some people seem to be missing the point here - who cares if the OP happened to be gullible or whatever, expecting to be able to trust this guy? The thing is that he needs to be named, shamed and fucking mocked for being such a massive dong. You don't treat people like this, especially not people who actually love work you have done and came at you with the best of intentions.

I'm surprised people are defending Dred.

It's absolutely shocking. Blaming the guy who openly got ripped off is about as low as it can get.

Some people feel sorry for Dred (oh..he's poor, so I guess that makes his theft something less than a crime..it's okay to steal if you're poor I guess), others blame the victim, tell him to forget about it..Big deal..it's only 100 dollars..Bad things happen..blah, blah..nothing will change. Why don't these apologists send the OP 100 dollars if it isn't anything big? Back up their boy Dred...They won't..They're like Dred too...just empty.

So basically if you get ripped off, walk away and don't say anything. Give in to the cheat..Give in to the scumbag...He stole from you...Who cares right?

I'm wondering if you can take him to small claims court...Then make him pay the filing fees...No idea if this could work, but if it can, it'd definitely be worth the time.

Ultimately Dred's actions show he's a small time chump...If he just gives the money back and it's over with. At that point he's a bum who tried to steal but gave the money back a year later..So not a total loser, but still a loser...He's a broke bum who stole 100 bucks..If there won't be any legal consequences, which there should be, then at least telling others about it becomes the consequence...Shame that broke ass thiefing motherfucker.

Beefy

I don't get how some people are defending a guy that stole money. The whole the op is gullable etc crap does not excuse a person stealing money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom