• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pastor Accused of Groping Ariana Grande Apologizes for Being ‘Too Friendly’

caffeware

Banned
A senior pastor of a megachurch in Detroit who was accused of groping the singer Ariana Grande during Aretha Franklin’s funeral service on Friday has apologized.

“It would never be my intention to touch any woman’s breast,” the pastor, Bishop Charles H. Ellis III, told The Associated Press. “Maybe I crossed the border, maybe I was too friendly or familiar but again, I apologize.”

merlin_143109420_e34b2107-ec74-4f13-9534-f4cfbc7fabd0-jumbo.jpg

When I saw Ariana Grande at the program, I thought that was a new something at Taco Bell,” he said, his arm around her waist as his fingers remained pressed into the right side of her chest for more than 30 seconds. Ms. Grande laughed. (Her fourth album, “Sweetener,” has topped the Billboard charts three weeks in a row.)
“Girl, let me give you all your respect,” he said, pulling her in for a hug.
“Did you all enjoy this icon?” he asked the crowd, referring to Ms. Grande’s performance. “She’s an icon herself.”
For many, there was no question what had just happened.

:pie_open_mouth::pie_open_mouth::pie_open_mouth:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/01/arts/music/ariana-grande-funeral-groping-bishop-ellis.html

Last edited:

Teletraan1

Banned
The way people were acting at that funeral was disgraceful all around. Lots of grandstanding about politics when it should have been about mourning and celebrating the life of a legend. Also wtf @ the casual racism with the taco bell comment. She is italian. Pastor Avon Barksdale needs to check himself.

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned
'too friendly' lol what a twist. and WTF at the racist Mexican taco-bell joke? What a failure of a 'speaker'.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

He's clearly copping a feel. He also made a racist joke about her saying when he saw her name he thought it was "something from taco bell". She's not even of Mexican descent, she's of Italian descent. Of course nothing will happen to him since he's black.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
At a funeral, in public, on television.

They do no hide their lack of class anymore. They have control of the media to write softer headlines, such as, "too friendly"... now imagine if it were some older white conservative priest copping a feel on that tiddy making racial remarks.

Where are my #MeToo peeps at?

TrainedRage

Banned
But guys she was asking for it.... I mean look at that dress. Come on. The pastor just wanted to show the world not all people of the faith are into little boys.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Didn't know Ariana Grande had tits on her sides.

Never heard of side-boob, and how do you not see that tiddy squishing? Dude was straight gripping them knucks in there, watch the video Mr. Magoo.

On a side note, I read your name as Areola in here. :pie_diana:

Last edited:

Airola

Victim of topic circumstance. :pie_savoring:

I feel sexually assaulted.
Apology should be imminent both now and ten years later if brought up again.

At least I was not groping some tiddy without consent, unlike your blindness for the OG in the article.

I don't know, maybe I'm just an old pervert myself but when I opened the thread I thought there was a picture and/or video of him actually groping her, like having his palm over her breast or something like that.
Then there was that picture which I'm still not sure if it's supposed to show groping or not and when I watched the video it was basically the same thing as the picture which really surprised me.

Maybe I just haven't yet learned from the master:
OdTOyvA.jpg

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

I don't know, maybe I'm just an old pervert myself but when I opened the thread I thought there was a picture and/or video of him actually groping her, like having his palm over her breast or something like that.
Then there was that picture which I'm still not sure if it's supposed to show groping or not and when I watched the video it was basically the same thing as the picture which really surprised me.

OdTOyvA.jpg

Keanu is a smart man, master of the hover hand without looking derpy.

Based John Wick!

Airola

Keanu is a smart man, master of the hover hand without looking derpy.

People used to laugh at the hover hand guys in pictures. They called them virgins. They laughed and they mocked. They disrespected them. Oh the disrespect... They were humiliated...
But the hover hand people.... they knew... they knew! They knew all along!

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
People used to laugh at the hover hand guys in pictures. They called them virgins. They laughed and they mocked. They disrespected them. Oh the disrespect... They were humiliated...
But the hover hand people.... they knew... they knew! They knew all along!

Forward thinking geniuses. They were the Steve Jobs/Apple of gender blame game protection. Prophets!

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

OdTOyvA.jpg

Even Shu is mastering the hover hand.

haxan7

Banned
Um. He has a big hand and a long arm. She's a tiny woman. They both have their arm wrapped around the other's waist. It's not like he can shrink his arm and finger length to make sure it doesn't brush her tit.

And it looks like Ariana didn't even accuse him of making her uncomfortable or anything of the sort? This is because of tweets from a couple people? The dude shouldn't even have responded.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Um. He has a big hand and a long arm. She's a tiny woman. They both have their arm wrapped around the other's waist. It's not like he can shrink his arm and finger length to make sure it doesn't brush her tit.

And it looks like Ariana didn't even accuse him of making her uncomfortable or anything of the sort? This is because of tweets from a couple people? The dude shouldn't even have responded.

Um, that is not her waist. "pie_tears_joy:

Watch the fucking video of his fingers getting all up in there. Who you playin'!

haxan7

Banned
Um, that is not her waist. "pie_tears_joy:

Watch the fucking video of his fingers getting all up in there. Who you playin'!

First of all, the video is zoomed in. Their bodies are moving around as they laugh - it seems like she leaned closer in as they were laughing and he had to adjust his grip. The video is edited to block that out.

His hand movements could have been perfectly innocent and unintentional.

This is people trying to get attention. If something rapey actually happened, let the woman herself call her victimizer out on it, not the twitter police?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
First of all, the video is zoomed in. Their bodies are moving around as they laugh - it seems like she leaned closer in as they were laughing and he had to adjust his grip. The video is edited to block that out.

His hand movements could have been perfectly innocent and unintentional.

This is people trying to get attention. If something rapey actually happened, let the woman herself call her victimizer out on it, not the twitter police?

Unintentional, sure, but subliminal subconscious cause he knows what his career let him get away with.
200.gif

I do agree with your last sentence however. I am just having good fun!

Last edited:

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

The guy is diddling her boob with his fingertips. He knew what was happening.

haxan7

Banned
Unintentional, sure, but subliminal subconscious cause he knows what his career let him get away with.
200.gif

I do agree with your last sentence however. I am just having good fun!
The guy is diddling her boob with his fingertips. He knew what was happening.

These two feminists writers are not much different from their sworn mortal enemy (Trump).

What they have in common is their willingness to blatantly (and almost to a sociopathic degree) twist an event to suit their agenda, drawing heavily from current popular thought, and use social media to do it.

If Ariana Grande comes out and says she felt molested by him, I will eat my words. But until then I will stand behind what I clearly see happening here.

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness
Seems unintentional. Bit of a stretch to think that a pastor would want to cop a feel during a worldwide televised funeral service.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
These two feminists writers are not much different from their sworn mortal enemy (Trump).

What they have in common is their willingness to blatantly (and almost to a sociopathic degree) twist an event to suit their agenda, drawing heavily from current popular thought, and use social media to do it.

If Ariana Grande comes out and says she felt molested by him, I will eat my words. But until then I will stand behind what I clearly see happening here.

I don’t really care what femenists or either political sides say on this. The guy was out of line.

Honestly it doesn’t really matter if Ariana feels molested or not either. The guy is at a funeral and he is a senior pastor. He knows about boundaries and avoiding even the appearance of impropriety.

haxan7

Banned
The Bishop knew what he was doing. They always do.

I might have to jiggle Mel B's butt too.

I don’t really care what femenists or either political sides say on this. The guy was out of line.

Honestly it doesn’t really matter if Ariana feels molested or not either. The guy is at a funeral and he is a senior pastor. He knows about boundaries and avoiding even the appearance of impropriety.

It really could have been on purpose. Guys in any kind of position of power often end up being sleazebags. I am just saying the two people responsible for getting this guy plastered all over the internet are creating a culture of outrage olympics. Hey, they might affect social change, but they also might get themselves vastly more well known on social media in the process.

I wonder what their real intention is? Do they even know any more?

One of them even invented their own hashtag (#RespectAriana). I can only imagine her lofty fantasies of what that hashtag could achieve.

Last edited:

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
Lol at the lack of courtesy for death, as someone mentioned. Oh well, not like we can do much about censorship and behavioral modification online anymore, given these odd, seemingly intangible changes to our public morale.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
lol are people seriously trying to pass this off as "an accident"? GAF being GAF smh....

Accidentally got caught on camera because she is fine as fuck, and his inner demons stroking the flames of temptation have got the better of that man's soul, can I get an a'men!?

giphy.gif

labah123

Neo Member
I thought we weren't supposed to sexualize women's breasts? How is it any different than having his arm on her shoulder or waist?

Iaterain

lol are people seriously trying to pass this off as "an accident"? GAF being GAF smh....

Have we watched the same video with those people?
I mean this man's fingers were grasping her breast like a hungry tentacles. I wonder what was in his mind at this moment, he was probably thinking: "This how far a man can go and this is how far a "friendly" pastor can go".

haxan7

Banned
Have we watched the same video with those people?
I mean this man's fingers were grasping her breast like a hungry tentacles. I wonder what was in his mind at this moment, he was probably thinking: "This how far a man can go and this is how far a "friendly" pastor can go".

Watch the full unedited, unzoomed in video. You are another victim of the world you live in and I don't hold your human weaknesses against you.

Teletraan1

Banned

He is kneading her breast. She looks very uncomfortable. It also looks like she is mouthing "Fucker!" while squirming At first I thought the casual racism was the worst crime and it was just a misplaced hand but this gif really shows the sexual assault at a the funeral of a Legend.

haxan7

Banned
so painful to see
right, it almost seems like she's animated and smiling causing her to move around.

It couldn't possibly be the case that she's moving around causing a slightly noticeable wiggling of his fingers (if you stare at a gif of the same second for long enough) as he keeps his hands around her waist.

When she startled her wiggles, he should have removed the offending hand, shoved her to the ground, screamed NOT IN MY NAME and begged the lord and Rose McGowan for forgiveness.

Last edited:

womfalcs3

Banned
God bless Ariana's genes.

On-topic: the pastor's wife was sitting a few feet away, as well. When I watched it live, I was thinking, "Damn, he's groping her." She just submitted to it and started acting strange (like that gif above shows).

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Who would even grope that? Shes built like a 13 y/o ffs.

Top Bottom