• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile Beta Thread: There Is No Sanctuary in Wraeclast

I wanna hop on board and would love to play this before the street date game. If anyone has one, I would love in!

Gotta figure out how my first hardcore character will play! :D

Perkel

Banned
Damn chris in one of interview said much about lore. So skill games even magic items are supposed to be explained by lore.

mileS

Insanely awesome OT.

I've been ignoring this game for the most part last year. Seen a screen shot or two. Watched Kripp play it for 5min or so. Not for any reason really, just figured I would pay more attention to it as the release got closer. After browsing the OT I basically learned everything I needed in a well laid out manner with lots of pretty :) Seriously though. Amazing amazing job.

I've gone from "meh I might check" it out to "holy shit why can't it be 23rd already" caaaan't wait!

Longtime player here. SO HYPE FOR THE OPEN BETA RELEASE. LET'S GO! Also, add me as a friend if you like! Let's get a little GAF group going!

One of my characters is named Hanalei (account name Danny) so that should work.

ok, just started playing due to the great help from Burnoutbrighter!

First thoughts:

Better than TL2 in artstyle and the in way the game plays. In TL2 I had almost no clue exactly as to what was doing damage to me. In this game it feels and looks more obvious due to less clutter in the mobs and spammy stuff in general.

The way weapons and skills work out is great and really flexible. I like that a lot... seems like a lot of room for variation. Orbs, colors, spells through items? I like that quite a bit.

I think probably the most fun way to play is a character with relatively low hp but high reqrd when skills are paired. Otherwise you are just kinda clicking on stuff all day and waiting for your HP to regain. Problem with ARPGs in general though.

All in all pretty good though. Need many more hours before I can give it a better analysis and decide whether I will go off the deep end and play for a long time. Only about 3 hours in so far.

My only hope for PoE is that they get around to adding spears/javelins. I need the ability to have a Javazon-Ranger. All the arrow skills could apply to the javelin.

(And maybe a native Mac/Linux client...)

Haven't really paid much attention to this until now, but it already looks like it will hold my interest a lot more than D3. It will be nice to play with the skill tree and materia like system.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
BodPd.png

KKRT00

Bloodmagic + Lifesteal?

Yeah he would died that way :) Life leech doesnt work with elemental damage

http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Life_Gain_on_Hit
Maybe few of those leved to 10 would work with Blood Magic. Two Life Gain on Hit level 11 give 40 life per hit and Elemental Hit on level 13 would cost linked with those 45 hp.
He could have sustain with few other items that have Life Gain Per Target suffix. And he would need to get Blood Magic passive, because with support gem there is no way, he would get sustain.
He needs Fork to for hitting multiple targets, fortunately it only cost +25% more mana whole skill would cost 53.
Its doable in the end, but very hard and limited to only few skills.

Today was the first time I woke up, and realized that I had been dreaming about this game for (what felt to be) 8 hours non-stop. The amount of ideas I have for builds right now is insane... I'll write them all down at work.

CI + Eldritch Battery + Blood Magic

I just made the best build.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

garath

I'm concerned about open beta release. There seems to be a LOT of interest and technical difficulties could set them back with the people that are just going to give it a shot for the heck of it.

Personally I'm not even going to log in day 1. I'm already sold, I'll let them work through the first couple day growing pains before hopping on.

Fingers crossed it goes well.

Credo

I'm concerned about open beta release. There seems to be a LOT of interest and technical difficulties could set them back with the people that are just going to give it a shot for the heck of it.

Personally I'm not even going to log in day 1. I'm already sold, I'll let them work through the first couple day growing pains before hopping on.

Fingers crossed it goes well.

I'm scared of the same thing, but I'm jumping in regardless.

They can't afford to have too many servers. It'll cost too much when the initial wave of users come and go.

Hopefully they can have a short term rental solution.

Yoshichan

Just convinced a couple of people to buy the game :3 One guy upgraded to $100 right away!

Feelsgoodman

Guesong

Just convinced a couple of people to buy the game :3 One guy upgraded to $100 right away!

Feelsgoodman

Yoshi, you wouldn't occur to have an extra key remaining from your Diamond Bundle Bonanonza? :3

I've only really started reading up on the game once this OT went up, and I'm really excited for it now, and I'm sitting bored at home with nothing to do. But I can't bring myself to pay the basic bundle considering it'll be free if I hold out 5 days.

Unnnnnngh.

Yoshichan

Sorry Guesong :( I wish diamond would actually give me like 10 keys or something, but it's as few as 5 unfortunately (all which have already been used).

jersoc

Longtime player here. SO HYPE FOR THE OPEN BETA RELEASE. LET'S GO! Also, add me as a friend if you like! Let's get a little GAF group going!

One of my characters is named Hanalei (account name Danny) so that should work.

This is a good idea. someone should make a spreadsheet so we can friend each other easily.

Insured

I'm ready for PoE to consume all my gaming time once Open Beta hits. I hope the launch goes relatively well, been super excited for this game to release for over a year now!

My biggest potential issue I can think of is... How on earth are they going to combat botting in a F2P game?

Yoshichan

Yoshi, you wouldn't occur to have an extra key remaining from your Diamond Bundle Bonanonza? :3

I've only really started reading up on the game once this OT went up, and I'm really excited for it now, and I'm sitting bored at home with nothing to do. But I can't bring myself to pay the basic bundle considering it'll be free if I hold out 5 days.

Unnnnnngh.

I have one for you - PM me if you still need it :)

I'm ready for PoE to consume all my gaming time once Open Beta hits. I hope the launch goes relatively well, been super excited for this game to release for over a year now!

My biggest potential issue I can think of is... How on earth are they going to combat botting in a F2P game?

Being online only will really help. They can have security scanning measures to weed out the bots.

Also, the currency system is a lot more different than purely using gold. It takes up item space as well, so botting can get so far before it needs to have more complex algorithms to handle the situations.

Maybe botters will end up buying stash tabs which would help their profit. =P

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.

If you have any questions, just ask :3

I am always down for a dungeon crawler loot whore game so it has been on my radar. Looking at the pre purchase packages now haha

So the game is F2P and the packages just give you early access and some microtransaction points huh? Hmmmm considering the 25 pack. Cause Kiwis are awesome

Top Bottom