• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Patriots, Belichick most hated team; Philly has most hated fans, SI says

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the Patriot's success is suspect with all the Spygate and Deflated Football stuff.

And we're not talking about just allegations - they were found GUILTY and fined/suspended for cheating. Evidence by way of the confiscated tapes and all those underinflated footballs.

They've probably doing this stuff the entirety of Bill Belichick's and Tom Brady's tenure.

That's why when people rattle off Superbowl wins, I have to take a step back - because it is entirely likely that the Patriots would have won NOTHING if they hadn't used an illegal competitive advantage to do it. Stealing signals, switching eligible receivers without giving the defense enough time to sub and just as recently as last season, the deflated footballs that Tom Brady was using to pass more accurately and that prevented the Patriot offense from fumbling as much.

Of course Patriot fans will be in denial, but the facts are clear to the rest of the world. They have been caught, multiple times, cheating to win games in some way.

Their entire legacy under Bill Belichick could be, and most likely is, a sham.

It's sad that they have gotten away with this for so long and it looks like lawyers will be helping them get out of this latest cheating effort by that team.

Jeff-DSA

The sad thing about the Patriots is that they haven't needed to cheat to win, but they did anyway. They're cheaters. It's who they are and what they deserved to be defined by.

All the Patriot's success is suspect with all the Spygate and Deflated Football stuff.

And we're not talking about just allegations - they were found GUILTY and fined/suspended for cheating. Evidence by way of the confiscated tapes and all those underinflated footballs.

They've probably doing this stuff the entirety of Bill Belichick's and Tom Brady's tenure.

That's why when people rattle off Superbowl wins, I have to take a step back - because it is entirely likely that the Patriots would have won NOTHING if they hadn't used an illegal competitive advantage to do it. Stealing signals, switching eligible receivers without giving the defense enough time to sub and just as recently as last season, the deflated footballs that Tom Brady was using to pass more accurately and that prevented the Patriot offense from fumbling as much.

Of course Patriot fans will be in denial, but the facts are clear to the rest of the world. They have been caught, multiple times, cheating to win games in some way.

It's sad that they have gotten away with this for so long and it looks like lawyers will be helping them get out of this latest cheating effort by that team.
I don't know how players like Richard Seymore, Teddy Bruschi, Kevin Faulk, Willie McGinnest, Mike Vrabel, Deion Branch etc... are going to sleep after reading this. This really hurts.

The sad thing about the Patriots is that they haven't needed to cheat to win, but they did anyway. They're cheaters. It's who they are and what they deserved to be defined by.

I have a bullshit theory that basically says that once Adam Vinatieri left NE was when Bill Belichick began to cheat.

Btw I'm going to Buffalo for the Pats game in Sept. How will the Brady jerseys go over at away games this year? I'm guessing ill get some high fives for ring 4.

Bread

Banned
DoktorEvil keep bringing up the past, it's irrelevant.

Let's talk about the present, and the future.
rs_634x1024-150512135850-634.Jimmy-Garoppolo-Patriots.jl.051215.jpg

TheFatOne

You can't be serious about this? Please tell me this part was a joke.

DoktorEvil keep bringing up the past, it's irrelevant.

Let's talk about the present, and the future.
rs_634x1024-150512135850-634.Jimmy-Garoppolo-Patriots.jl.051215.jpg

JAG future

hom3land

They were guilty of WHERE they were filming from.. Not what they were filming. If you want to call that cheating. Go ahead.

You can't be serious about this? Please tell me this part was a joke.

Nope, it's documented fact. NFL just changed the rule this year to stop the Patriots from cheating again:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/...iver-tactic/uBqPWS5dKYdMYMcIiJ3sKO/story.html

The rule change is a direct result of the Patriots’ ineligible/eligible tactics against the Baltimore Ravens in the AFC playoffs in January, when running back Shane Vereen declared himself ineligible but lined up as a slot receiver.

The Patriots used the tactic three times successfully to create confusion among the Ravens defenders and drive the ball down the field for a touchdown.

I'm telling you their whole legacy is tainted. Nothing they have accomplished under Belichick was done legitimately, because he's constantly looking for way to bend or break the rules.

rofl, it's very amusing to see people post stuff like this, trying to act like the NFL is tainted with the actions of the Patriots.

Everyones quick to forget that signal stealing was happening long, long before "spygate". News flash, it was legal and still legal to steal signals.

And btw, eligible receivers wasn't illegal and the refs gave the Ravens plenty of time to cover proper receivers, so much so they were announcing it over the intercoms.

In the words of Max, "It's nothing but salt".

It actually warm my hearts to see these heartfelt posts about how concerned people are about the integrity of the game.

TheFatOne

Nope, it's documented fact. NFL just changed the rule this year to stop the Patriots from cheating again:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/...iver-tactic/uBqPWS5dKYdMYMcIiJ3sKO/story.html

I'm telling you their whole legacy is tainted. Nothing they have accomplished under Belichick was done legitimately, because he's constantly looking for way to bend or break the rules.

Ohh that's the formation issue not subbing players in and out. Those would be two completely different things. Also LOL. Not cheating at all. That isn't cheating at all. Pats were 100% following the rules. League looked at this after all the bitching and complaining Harbaugh did. Are we going to bitch about trick plays now?

I'm sorry, how was that illegal again? Because the other team didn't give the defense time?

It wasn't a substitution issue, but a formation one. Ravens weren't prepared got caught for it then bitched and complained.

It's funny to see people bitch about the pats following the rules and using them in interesting and unusual ways. Especially when the Ravens entire passing scheme is based off under throwing long balls to bait defensive pass interference with the receiver running backwards into the defender.

It wasn't a substitution issue, but a formation one. Ravens weren't prepared got caught for it then bitched and complained.

I mean yeah they changed the rules in the offseason but when they did it was perfectly legal and the Ravens just looked outcoached. Out of all the things to bitch about that isn't one.

eissan

If they changed the rule wouldn't that mean they weren't cheating?

HOW DARE YOU USE LOGIC!

lol the salt from pats and non pats fan about the whole cheating thing is great. 4 titles is all that counts!

They really are america's team since they bring out so much emotion out of both sides :D

Oh and colts fan complaining about patriots are salty cause since manning left they've gotten BLOWN UP by the pats haha and the funny thing is it's only going to get worse this year with a pissed off TB12!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Not surprised at the Patriots, even if they didn't do anything shady (which I can't believe there's fans in GAF that not only defend, but are boasting that they did. There's pride for your team, then there's fanaticism) people just get tired of having the same winner.

How Raider fans aren't the most hated confounds me.

They're the most hated in my book.

But I'm a Broncos fan.

Because this nonsense ALWAYS COMES UP:

Philly fans throwing snowballs at santa:

So Santa actually didnt show up, and then they grabbed some jabroni from the stands:

Also, let's not forget when Giants fans were throwing Ice balls on the field and hit the Chargers equipment manager in the head and knocked him out.

Arc

A quick reminder that if the Patriots filmed signals from almost anywhere else in the stadium than the sidelines then nothing they did would have been against the rules.

Let the salt flow through you all.

RdN

Best team being the most hated team.. Who would have thought that!?

I love the salt in this kind of thread. Just golden!

Kinsella

Banned

This is the best part of sports. Watching fans of lesser teams twist themselves into pretzels in a sad attempt to diminish the accomplishments of the competition.

Tom Brady does illegal play action plays which make it look like a handoff but then he CHEATS by passing

There's no evidence of that. None.

jWILL253

Banned
It's always interesting to see people justify cheating because other people do it.

It's almost like ya moms ain't raised y'all right.

Patriot fans say "salt" because other fans really are unable to listen to any logic. Anyone using SpyGate as a way to devalue championships in 2001, 2003, and 2004 are really clueless. What the Patriots were actually fined and punished for was perfectly legal before 2006 or 2007. Heck, if I remember correctly, the actual act of taping signals is still legal. It was only the location that was the issue, and again, that location was fine and legal during their wins. Such a silly argument. Hence "salt" and limited vocabulary and what not.

Trust me, Patriot fans won't be looked at as the ones in denial when looking back on this in history as it relates to SpyGate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom