• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Patriots owner, ‘Deflategate’ judge mingle at party

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

Patriots owner, ‘Deflategate’ judge mingle at party

0_63577135650037500016450154_30_zaslav_20150905_sfz_165.jpg

Ron Perelman (from left), Robert Kraft and Jack Welch

Patriots owner Robert Kraft mingled with Judge Richard Berman, who overturned the NFL suspension of Tom Brady over his alleged role in Deflategate, at a Hamptons Labor Day party full of media and business power brokers.

Kraft was chatting with Berman at Discovery Communications chief David Zaslav and his wife Pam’s party at their East Hampton estate, also attended by Oprah Winfrey, Martha Stewart, Harvey Weinstein, Lloyd Blankfein, NY Giants co-owner Jon Tisch and wife Lizzie, Katie Couric, and Hilaria and Alec Baldwin.

Brady won the court battle Thursday, when Berman bashed NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell for “dispensing his own brand of industrial justice.” The ruling clears Brady to play in Thursday’s season opener.

A rep for the Patriots told Page Six, “It was a chance encounter at a social event with hundreds of guests. There was a brief introduction and an exchange of pleasantries that lasted no more than a couple of minutes.”

Bacon

I'm not even a pats fan but we really gonna make a big deal about this? People are able to separate their personal and professional lives

NY Giants co-owner Jon Tisch and wife Lizzie

Kraft probably talked to him too. What if the Patriots let the Giants win as a favor to Tisch? He's at the same party afterall.

Troy

Banned
I can't believe they let the Patriots pick the state the case would be heard in and also pick the judge. Unbelievable!

Others at this party of hundreds of New York city rich:
  • Oprah Winfrey
  • Martha Stewart
  • Co-Owners of the New York Giants
  • Harvey Weinstein

Makes perfect sense for Kraft to be there. The craziest thing is that a federal judge is there... And unless he has a lucrative legal practice along with that, he's not nearly at the pay range of any of those people above, all of whom are billionaires.

Meanwhile a 24 year old wide receiver just retired because his doctors told him the next hit could kill him, but nah deflated footballs and the subsequent fuckery that followed is definitely the most important thing football fans should be concerning themselves with.

Welp.

Meanwhile a 24 year old wide receiver just retired because his doctors told him the next hit could kill him, but nah deflated footballs and the subsequent fuckery that followed is definitely the most important thing football fans should be concerning themselves with.

I'm sorry, is this the topic of this thread?

The 24 year old kid?

Oh it's not....ok.

Cat Party

Why do you care about football when people are dying in Syria???

Welp.

I'm sorry, is this the topic of this thread?

The 24 year old kid?

Oh it's not....ok.

Nah the topic of this thread is people finding bs reasons to be outraged over the football equivalent of having too much pine tar on your bat. Even baseball fans who are among the most uptight in all of sports don't give a shit about pine tar.

I shouldn't be surprised though. ESPN has sort of conditioned sports fans to blow every story far out of proportion. Skip and SAS have taught you all well.

First post nails it again.

thekad and mama finally united in a common cause.

Nah the topic of this thread is people finding bs reasons to be outraged over the football equivalent of having too much pine tar on your bat. Even baseball fans who are among the most uptight in all of sports don't give a shit about pine tar.

Why not start a thread about that WR if you want it to get discussed?

Why try and shame people that want to discuss this, here in this thread?

I shouldn't be surprised though. ESPN has sort of conditioned sports fans to blow every story far out of proportion. Skip and SAS have taught you all well.

On a bat? No.

Used by a pitcher to gain an advantage? Hell yes I care. That's against the rules. Cheating.

Acerac

Banned

Is there a thread for that?

If not, maybe you should make one.

If so, why are you posting this crap here?

bionic77

Fuck you Ninja.

I have been blowing this out of proportion before Skip Bayless and Stephen Smith were even on tv.

You son of a bitch. Give credit where it is due!

This is kind of a strange situation since Kraft, being an NFL team owner, in a sense both won and lost this case. I also appreciate how the article barely cares that Tisch was there as well.

Thank God football starts Thursday so this deflate gate bullshit can just fucking die.
It won't die, the pot will be stirred for opposing fans as long as the Pats are relevant. Its kinda fun seeing them get all these dead end leads that you know they will chase, throw down a beer and say I told you so! lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom