• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Patriots owner, ‘Deflategate’ judge mingle at party

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParityBit

So then what's this pic about? Conspiracy theory?

Yes. Post decision. The NFL chose to go to that district and got that judge. Although Kraft and the Patriots were not involved, Brady had no say over the Judge because where the NFL chose to go.

Not to mention ... he is a fricken federal judge. He does NOT care about who wins, he protects the laws.

Blame Bill Clinton, since he appointed him.

Wait...that's not even a picture of the judge in the OP.

Bob Kraft had Sonny smash the photographer's camera after the picture of him and Berman together was taken.

68d4f228d1b8a3b575e16fed6550238d.480x236x13.gif

So, they had to use a different stock photo from the party.

v0yce

Yep, the deflated balls was an isolated incident for the Patriots.

Yep, the Patriots taping and PEDs or whatever else you're thinking, is isolated from the rest of the league.

Still pretty sure it's mostly salt and scandal.

(and I'm from the south and have zero allegance to the Patriots)

Zultan

Banned
that judge should only be in a courtroom 24 hours a day 7 days a week wtf is this corruption shit so corrupt

I think you missed the point. Given some of the other people there, it seems the judge was out of his league chatting it up with New York's elite of the elite. And so soon after some event regarding somebody else at the party. Seems somebody invited him. Hmm, I wonder who would invite a federal judge to an elite party...

That aside there is a reason they don't pick jurors who know the defendant in court. This whole thing reeks.

Dragon

Banned
I think you missed the point. Given some of the other people there, it seems the judge was out of his league chatting it up with New York's elite of the elite. And so soon after some event regarding somebody else at the party. Seems somebody invited him. Hmm, I wonder who would invite a federal judge to an elite party...

That aside there is a reason they don't pick jurors who know the defendant in court. This whole thing reeks.

Oh yeah for sure. Not to mention the Patriots and Brady actually picked that judge and paid him money to ignore the well thought out evidence the NFL supplied.

KHarvey16

First of all the venue, and therefore the judge, were selected by the NFL.

Second, Robert Kraft is not a member of the NFLPA and was not involved in the legal proceedings between the league and the NFLPA.

Third, the proceeding is over. Jurors are allowed to hang out with anyone they want after the trial.

cdyhybrid

I love the argument that the NFL picking the judge absolves Kraft.

Like Kraft isn't an NFL owner (i.e. one of the guys running the league) or something.

KHarvey16

Like Kraft isn't an NFL owner (i.e. one of the guys running the league) or something.

You think Kraft could have influenced the decision to file in the 2nd District? I know ridiculous trolling is your thing in these threads, but that would be a whole new league for you.

yes

also : "bu...bu...bu... teh giants owner is der too! see see! innocent!"

as if that absolves the pats of evil doing.

Dali

You may have a point if this picture was snapped while the case was pending in front of him. Now that he's ruled, however, there is no "appearance of impropriety."

Good luck with this. He's a federal judge.
The case doesn't have to still be ongoing for it to look fishy and give the appearance of impropriety.

cdyhybrid

You think Kraft could have influenced the decision to file in the 2nd District? I know ridiculous trolling is your thing in these threads, but that would be a whole new league for you.

I dunno, according to the legions of Pats fans posting in the original Deflategate thread, Kraft runs the NFL and the league does whatever he wants.

Talk to your boys, not me.

KHarvey16

The case doesn't have to still be ongoing for it to look fishy and give the appearance of impropriety.

How does being at the same place give the appearance of impropriety? That doesn't make any sense. The ruling is straight forward and obviously correct, legally speaking. There were no questionable actions during the proceeding and, again, this was a judge sitting in the court selected by the league.

It's clickbait nonsense.

BKJest

LOL. They have an article with the headline "Patriots owner, ‘Deflategate’ judge mingle at party" and lead off with a picture of the Patriots owner and two other people mingling at a party. No one knows what the judge looks like so it doesn't matter that he is not in the picture. This is amazing. :D

Dali

How does being at the same place give the appearance of impropriety? That doesn't make any sense. The ruling is straight forward and obviously correct, legally speaking. There were no questionable actions during the proceeding and, again, this was a judge sitting in the court selected by the league.

It's clickbait nonsense.
ITT: no one knows what that phrase means apparently.

And they weren't just at the same place. Im sure if that's all it was there wouldn't be a story.

Kimawolf

They were just at the same well attended party. The story is clickbait.

If KHarvey16 clears my firm of any wrong doing in a 100 million dollar law suit, and a few days later he's seen laughing it up with me at my super swank party then yeah people will think it was fishy as fuck, as they should.

People can act like its normal all they want, but the judge should have politely declined, especially since he just ruled on the damn case of the man's party he is now going to attend with all those really wealthy and influential people.

Hell at my job, if anything even looks close to fishy when it comes to gifts, lunches, dinners, i have to run it all through HR to protect my ass and make sure no lawsuits or any kind of bias could be said I showed. It's how its done. I guess unless you're a federal judge and a super rich football owner.

KHarvey16

Which is almost everyone making it very important. Hence it's generally advised to avoid even the appearance.

There is no appearance. We don't need to accommodate the lowest common denominator here, we can assume a basic level of intelligence and information. It's a clickbait story trying to create news where there literally is none.

It implies a dual relationship between them, an ethical violation for many professionals.
Why did I even have to type that out.

There is absolutely no ethical violation here. The proceedings are over and they didn't even involve Kraft to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom