• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAX East 2012 Registration Open

Grifter

Got a call from Gabe offering a spot in the Omegathon! Any tips?

I was actually out shopping for a burial plot when he called, and I thought the blocked number was the hospital, I turned it extra awkward...

DarkKyo

Got a call from Gabe offering a spot in the Omegathon! Any tips?

I was actually out shopping for a burial plot when he called, and I thought the blocked number was the hospital, it I turned it extra awkward...

Badass!!! Damn I'd love to be in the omegathon. Good luck if you choose to do it man.

Hero

Less than 1000 Saturday-only PAX East badges available according to the official Twitter. Last chance to be able to attend the convention.

mollipen

I can now officially talk about the panel that I will be on at the show!

"It's A Trap? Transgender Issues In Gaming"

Whether it's Street Fighter, Guilty Gear, Resident Evil or Final Fantasy, video games have a long history of transgender characters. You'll find no shortage of transgender people working in the industry too. Join a panel of game designers, writers, and fans to learn about some of the most interesting characters in gaming, and the impressive lineage of transgender game makers. We'll also discuss the impact of sex and gender in blockbuster games that let players choose their sex.

wondermega

Less than 1000 Saturday-only PAX East badges available according to the official Twitter. Last chance to be able to attend the convention.
'

thanks for the heads up, I better get on that after I get paid (....)

I and some others submitted for a panel (free pass!) but it just got rejected (no pass!) Shame too because I figured it would be pretty useful (how-to marketing for indies), but I guess it helps if you have better visibility in the scene to begin with, if you wanna get one of those accepted.

Giant Bomb Easter Weekend Safe and Sane Family Funfest 2012
Manticore Theatre
Saturday 9:00pm - 10:30pm

yesssssss. was getting worried from the lack of any info from the GB crew.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
So far we have:

-- Talkin' 'bout My (Content) Generation (Charron)
-- It's A Trap? Transgender Issues In Gaming (shidoshi)
-- Nintendo World Report Connectivity Jeopardy Live! (nron10)

as Gaffer panels. Anyone know of any more?

OnPoint

Schedule up: http://east.paxsite.com/schedule.php

Not sure if I feel like doing an OT like the last few PAX, does anyone want it? I can whip one up this afternoon, but if someone feels like taking over, here were the old ones:

Prime 2011 - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=29789913

East 2011 - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421589

Agreed. Prime GAF meetup was awesome.

If we do a meetup, and it has to be on Saturday, can we do it somewhere that isn't in the con? I don't have a Saturday badge

when does the map release? i want to see how big nintendo's booth is, do anyone think the wii u will be there?

Gaf meet up sounds good :D

Considering it’s scheduled for an E3 “re-reveal” this year, I say not a chance. Unfortunately since PAX East falls just a couple months before E3, nothing really huge is ever shown or revealed. Best we might get is Prototype 2, Starhawk, Dragon’s Dogma, and Max Payne 3. Would love some Borderlands 2 action as well.

Patryn

Considering it’s scheduled for an E3 “re-reveal” this year, I say not a chance. Unfortunately since PAX East falls just a couple months before E3, nothing really huge is ever shown or revealed. Best we might get is Prototype 2, Starhawk, Dragon’s Dogma, and Max Payne 3. Would love some Borderlands 2 action as well.

Given that it looks like (based on the schedule) that Bioware is going to have a large presence, I'm also guessing Dragon Age 3 will be there (if it's announced by then). Possibly in a playable form? One can hope.

If we do a meetup, and it has to be on Saturday, can we do it somewhere that isn't in the con? I don't have a Saturday badge
The Prime meetup was at a bar steps away from the con. Given the location we have this time, might be more difficult to arrange. I vaguely remember the location, but do we have locals that can suggest better place?

If we do it, I promise to rage over something else that isn't Ridge Racer this time. :p

dave is ok

aztek is ok
The Prime meetup was at a bar steps away from the con. Given the location we have this time, might be more difficult to arrange. I vaguely remember the location, but do we have locals that can suggest better place?

If we do it, I promise to rage over something else that isn't Ridge Racer this time. :p
I'm local -and the area completely sucks.

Meet up would have to be at a hotel bar or maybe Remy's

nron10

Neo Member
While I've only started posting more recently, I'm hosting the Nintendo World Report Connectivity Jeopardy Live! panel, which is...up against the keynote. :(

Still, we're looking to get some people as contestants before the show (so we can hit the ground running without any dead time recruiting people for the first round). If any Gaffers think they know their Nintendo stuff, let me know.

Considering a Saturday badge, can catch an early Amtrak from NYC for $50 roundtrip and then return that same night. Would be less than $100... wondering if it's worth it, I've never been to any sort of game convention - I would be by myself is the thing.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
How about the Legal Test Kitchen? Is that still there?

That's definitely my list of things to try this year.
Yeah, thats still there and the food is amazing.

The only problem is that its kind of small. I ate there with a party of ten or twelve or so last year and it was pretty cramped.

Hero

Schedule up: http://east.paxsite.com/schedule.php

Not sure if I feel like doing an OT like the last few PAX, does anyone want it? I can whip one up this afternoon, but if someone feels like taking over, here were the old ones:

Prime 2011 - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=29789913

East 2011 - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421589

Agreed. Prime GAF meetup was awesome.

I figured this would serve as a pseudo-OT for PAX East 2012 but if people think a new, official OT thread is necessary I don't mind doing it.

The schedule is looking pretty awesome this year though!

Giant Bomb Easter Weekend Safe and Sane Family Funfest 2012
Manticore Theatre
Saturday 9:00pm - 10:30pm

yesssssss. was getting worried from the lack of any info from the GB crew.

Does GB throw some epic parties or something? I missed out on this last year.

Does GB throw some epic parties or something? I missed out on this last year.

They had a meet-up at a local bar (Kitty O'Sheas, maybe? I can't remember... visited a lot of bars that weekend, haha) that was an absolute blast. The entire GB crew was there, completely welcoming and free to talk to even with the place being packed. Vinny is an amazing human being in person, as well.

That was on a Saturday night, the Bombcast was on a Friday night last year. But I'm assuming they'll stick to another Saturday night if they schedule another meet-up.

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
Myself and BuddyC (our Community Manager) both did the meetup at PAX Prime. It was fun!

We also have our panel for the first time at PAX East!

Inside Gearbox Software
Manticore Theatre
Sunday 4:30pm - 5:30pm
Gearbox Software is at PAX East with our panel! If you’ve made it to our PAX Prime panels, you will know not to miss this one! Get a behind the scenes look at the Gearbox Software lineup including: Borderlands 2, Aliens: Colonial Marines and other great Gearbox Software franchises. And what is a Gearbox panel without never before seen reveals, huge exclusives, massive surprises, and of course… FREE PIZZA!

mollipen

Our panel will now be titled "Press XY: Transgender Issues In Gaming", for anybody interested in checking it out. Seems there were a few complaints about the old name. *laughs*

-PXG-

Myself and BuddyC (our Community Manager) both did the meetup at PAX Prime. It was fun!

Inside Gearbox Software
Manticore Theatre
Gearbox Software is at PAX East with our panel! If you’ve made it to our PAX Prime panels, you will know not to miss this one! Get a behind the scenes look at the Gearbox Software lineup including: Borderlands 2, Aliens: Colonial Marines and other great Gearbox Software franchises. And what is a Gearbox panel without never before seen reveals, huge exclusives, massive surprises, and of course… FREE PIZZA!
I'm so there.

Tawpgun

I'm local -and the area completely sucks.

Meet up would have to be at a hotel bar or maybe Remy's

I mean.. it's not TOO far from a T stop/North End. I walk that distance all the time. Northeastern to the Pru is about the same distance as the convention center to South Station.

Inside Gearbox Software
Manticore Theatre
DAMN! Definitely be there. Must go panel for me.

hwalker84

Inside Gearbox Software
Manticore Theatre

I'm so in.

Inside Gearbox Software
Manticore Theatre
Oh shit I was going to leave Sunday morning. =(

Patryn

Inside Gearbox Software
Manticore Theatre

I am NOT missing the Gearbox panel this year. I was literally IN LINE for it at PAX Prime, then got discouraged by the size of the line and how far back I was and left, and then, well... you know what happened.

Borderlands 2 is my most anticipated title of the year, so I ain't missing this one.

My one piece of advice to you guys, though: Don't make the mistake you made at Prime. Give out the pizza to people while they're in line or once they're inside and seated. The whole process of having the line pass by the pizza and grab slices and then sit down caused way too much of a delay.

Saturday pass bought. Can't wait :) Still don't know if I'm going solo or not lol. Train is my second option.

Edit: It's right down the street from south station so that makes me even more happy!!!

So far we have:

-- It's A Trap? Transgender Issues In Gaming (shidoshi)

as Gaffer panels. Anyone know of any more?

From Lurker to Leader: A Frags to Riches Story (GrimBrother One)

He's a recently-approved Junior, but well known within HaloGAF.

Inside Gearbox Software
Manticore Theatre

I am so there. The Gearbox panel back at Prime was hilarious and awesome. It was the only non-HaloFest panel I attended and was well worth the wait.

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
I am NOT missing the Gearbox panel this year. I was literally IN LINE for it at PAX Prime, then got discouraged by the size of the line and how far back I was and left, and then, well... you know what happened.

Borderlands 2 is my most anticipated title of the year, so I ain't missing this one.

My one piece of advice to you guys, though: Don't make the mistake you made at Prime. Give out the pizza to people while they're in line or once they're inside and seated. The whole process of having the line pass by the pizza and grab slices and then sit down caused way too much of a delay.

We probably will have to do it this way as we want to ensure people get an opportunity to grab food if they can prior to getting in. I think our panel is the only one in this room for a few hours so we won't have to compete with another group prior which only allows us to get a 15 mins of setup.. So hopefully it won't be as crazy :)

Online Gaming Communities and 'Real Life' Relationships
Cat Theatre
Friday 10:30am - 11:30am
Are you are a member of one or more online gaming/website communities? Perhaps the friendships and relationships you've formed online have made their way into your everyday "real life". You are certainly not alone. We will discuss the communities we have created and support, and how they help to form and impact real life relationships for gamers of all types. This popular panel from the past 2 years at PAX and PAX East makes a triumphant return with all new panelists.
Panelists include: Derek 'DSmooth' Nolan [Co-Founder / Host, 2old2play / 2old2type Radio], Faith 'Phoenix' Harrison [RTX Event Organizer / Frag Dolls Biz Dev, Rooster Teeth / Ubisoft], James Stevenson [Community/Marketing Lead, Insomniac Games], Jon 'Weezul' Long [Social Media Manager, Seagate Technology], Alexis 'Tart' Hebert-Ruiz [Community Manager for Xbox LIVE Arcade, Microsoft], Will 'raczilla' Kinsler [Community Manager, Epic Games]

jstevenson is one of the panelist.

@Duncan I see the Gearbox Panel is already on your list. Let's go together!

Hop

So then we have (Organized by when they're happening, even!):

-- Online Gaming Communities and 'Real Life' Relationships (jstevenson)
-- Press XY: Transgender Issues In Gaming (shidoshi)
-- From Lurker to Leader: A Frags to Riches Story (GrimBrother One)
-- Inside Gearbox Software (BuddyC/GBX_AdamF)

So it looks like going to every Gaffer panel is impossible, and nobody's speaking on Saturday, so maybe that bit of info can help any meetup plans.

StreetPass Network: Connecting Nintendo 3DS Gamers

Naga Theatre

Saturday 10:00am - 11:00am

It started with one guy's trip to Japan. Now it's a worldwide phenomenon! Hear the true story behind StreetPass Network, see how it's connecting Nintendo gamers in unprecedented ways, and learn the surprising influence it's having on Nintendo 3DS game development. (Or just come collect a bunch of StreetPass tags!) Panelists include: Joshua Lynsen [Founder, StreetPass Network and StreetPass DC], Jordan White [Founder, StreetPass NYC], Dan O'Leary [President, n-Space], and Jools Watsham [Co-Founder and Director, Renegade Kid].

Mahonay

Banned
Still have to set my schedule for what panels I'll be seeing.

Already bought my ticket for Rock Band Night. Anyone else going to that Thursday night?

As far as after parties/meet ups I'll at least go to the Giant Bomb get together, that was a lot of fun last year. It was immediately after the live Bombcast last time Not sure what the plan is this year since their panel is on Saturday instead.

Wouldn't be opposed to dropping by a GAF meetup if that goes down. Any reason to get some extra boozing done is golden to me.

OnPoint

Got my Friday and Sunday passes. Looking forward to some kind of meet up.

Going to the Sabres-Bruins game on Saturday. Can't wait for this trip.

Hop

Wow... our panel is going up directly against the BioWare one. That's... that's great. *sobs quietly*

I'll be at your panel! *hug*

And look at it this way, on the off chance something does happen at your panel, it definitely would be the smaller of the shitstorms going on at that time. :D

element

Don't forget my panel.

The Good. The Bad, The Community Manager/PR Rep. AKA How Keeping it Real Can Go So Wrong
Wyvern Theatre
It's hard to be a Community or PR Manager - especially when it comes to video games, where the community can go from passionate fan to angry, cursing individual faster than your 360 can power on. This panel will discuss all the good things CM's & PR SHOULD be doing and discuss all the other stuff that just plain needs to stop. We don't need any more incidences like a certain sea-based marketing representative! Let's bring back the sanity, shall we? Our panelists will reach into their bag of tricks and offer helpful tips on how to handle tough situations and we will go over the right and wrong way to get ahead in the Community Management sector of the Video Game Industry. We will also discuss some of the more grey area topics like, is it okay to ask your community to boost your metacritic score? How do you effectively handle trolls in your community? How can you get them to be active and WANT to participate? How far should you go to defend your studio/game? Is it ever okay to lie? This is also a great time to bring your toughest questions for us to answer!
Panelists include: Stephanie Bayer [Customer Engagement Lead, PopCap Games], Collin Moore [Community Manager, Zombie Studios], Emily Halpin [PR Manager, 5th Cell], Logan DeMelt [Community Manager, Signal Studios]
It is up against the Gearbox panel. It is on BuddyC and Adam!

Amory

I really want to see the giant bomb panel...like, bad. I live in boston but I dunno anyone who'd be interested in going with me to this kinda thing though, especially with the resale prices for Saturday passes. Do people go alone??

Top Bottom