• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAX East 2013 Thread

Anyone watching the stream? This MegaMan2 piano medley is the shit.

Which is a change from the previous songs, which were pretty shitty (I like VGO but the pitch on the violin especially seemed off)

twitch is runnign such a cruddy stream, it keeps getting choppy, sound is too loud so lots of static and the stream will just keep pausing the video but not the sound, there's not even that many people spectating right now!

I feel sorry for those paying $10 for the HD stream.

aceface

twitch is runnign such a cruddy stream, it keeps getting choppy, sound is too loud so lots of static and the stream will just keep pausing the video but not the sound, there's not even that many people spectating right now!

I feel sorry for those paying $10 for the HD stream.

Actually I'm streaming it onto my apple TV from my phone and it looks and sound great, so I dunno. (I didn't pay or anything)

They are now playing FZero music so I take back everything bad I said about this band.

Actually I'm streaming it onto my apple TV from my phone and it looks and sound great, so I dunno. (I didn't pay or anything)

They are now playing FZero music so I take back everything bad I said about this band.

I wear headphones on my pc, some of the chat are saying the same thing, the volume is just a little too loud it's going into that distortion zone.

The f-zero was great, I can listen to it fine it's just a nasty video stream, other stuff runs smooth.

I will try airplay streaming tomorrow, it's close to 2am here.

aceface

These arrangements are actually pretty good. But I don't know who thought it would be a good idea to add a fake story/dramatization that has nothing to do with Final Fantasy over the music.

Noi

The musical arrangements for those who fight weren't bad, but that story was terrible fanfiction.

Protomen were great. First time I see them in person, definitely gonna see them again the next chance I get.

SJRB

Gold Member
I don't get it - where's all the videogame info? Aside from Ducktales and a fucking Diablo trailer there has been nothing worthwhile coming from PAX.

edit: might just be that I set my expectations too high, I suppose.

I don't get it - where's all the videogame info? Aside from Ducktales and a fucking Diablo trailer there has been nothing worthwhile coming from PAX.

last years was better.

im not really into pc gaming(have no gaming pc and really jelly) and a lot of the stuff is for pc. league of legends is nuts and crazy packed.
where do you get the league of legends pax code? i want to get one for my cousin in cali

today im on a mission for more swag and posters :D
does saints row IV give you anything? or elder online?

Ugh, my cough is keeping me awake. Had a fantastic first day besides from losing my stylus.

i also got sick from pax 0_o had to end my night early bleh . had a sore throat and fever.
i feel better after sleeping at 9 pm til now lol but smh sick in march

h3ro

Street Fighter IV update and FFX HD now coming with X-2 as well all for $40.

I'm good.

last years was better.

im not really into pc gaming(have no gaming pc and really jelly) and a lot of the stuff is for pc. league of legends is nuts and crazy packed.
where do you get the league of legends pax code? i want to get one for my cousin in cali

today im on a mission for more swag and posters :D
does saints row IV give you anything? or elder online?

i also got sick from pax 0_o had to end my night early bleh . had a sore throat and fever.
i feel better after sleeping at 9 pm til now lol but smh sick in march

Saints Row does not give you anything but what they show is great and worth it. The wait was around 10 minutes for me.

Today I am going to spend time in the arcade, play Last of Us, and I'll spend some time in the board game area where every vendor is stupidly selling the games for msrp. I confess that I put in a 200$+ order on Amazon yesterday for games I wanted to buy at PAX and not only saved 20-30% but, with free 2 day shipping, the games will arrive at my house before I return from this trip.

last years was better.

Ugh, PAX Australia is going to be HELL then.

Seen as it happens after E3, hopefully we'll get some next-gen treats.

Games that are out have demos.

Man, the bus is always fucking late.

you'd be waiting anyway, just checked twitter at 9 am and people were posting pics of the lines to get in, its crazy packed. mooooo part 2

but im just gonna go in at 11 am since the front doors will be open by then.
was :/ and :mad: when i finally got in after the cattle line and the doors to the front were open.

I will try to go to the retro room today and buy some retro games, i hope someone has mickeys magical quest snes for sale.

Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

20F9B0A0-7CF3-42DF-8980-FBC170EFE337-6877-00000E196CE53632.jpg

deim0s

Anyone saw tried out Blizzards Hearthstone Card Game? Was wondering how different it is from the current WoW TCG card game.

Sober

Splinter Cell: Blacklist looks fantastic and no line! As an SC fan, this looks so much better than Conviction and stealth seems really emphasized.
Do they have any footage of the daytime mission at PAX, at least different from what they showed a month or two ago?

PetrCobra

The game looks great, but was only playable with waggle controls which pretty much killed my hype.

I don't think Pikmin 3 even has any "waggle controls", where did you get that. I played it some time ago with wiimote + nunchak (IR pointing, no waggle) and I believe there's traditional dual analog controls as well. How would waggle even work in this game?

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I saw this at Major Nelson's blog and on the PAX East site:

Major Nelson Podcast!
Saturday 5:30pm – 6:30pm | NAGA Theatre
Join us as we hang out, take your questions and talk about games, PAX and whatever else we think of.
Special Guest Ken Levine will also drop by to talk about “Bioshock Infinite”.

Major Nelson Podcast!
It’s baaaaaaaack: Join Larry Hyrb, Xbox LIVE’s Major Nelson, e, and lolip0p for another hour of
dysfunctional audio! We’ll be recording the international sensation Major Nelson Radio LIVE
in front of you the studio audience. No idea what will happen, or who may or may not show up.
So drop by and be a part of Team Dysfunction.
Sources: http://majornelson.com/2013/03/20/xbox-360-at-pax-east-2013/, http://east.paxsite.com/schedule/panel/major-nelson-podcast

Is anyone here going to this? It seems to me an excellent opportunity to ask questions about Xbox Durango and perhaps more importantly the upcoming Xbox Event (rumored to happen on April 26th). He probably won't provide any greater comments but it could help spark discussion anyway.

I wonder if this is going to be broadcasted live or just recorded live. Regardless, it ought to be uploaded to the blog shortly after.

Hate to say it but some of the video streaming management is really sloppy, why is there over loud zelda music still playing over the conference? come on now...

missing all the good talking...

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Hate to say it but some of the video streaming management is really sloppy, why is there over loud zelda music still playing over the conference? come on now...

missing all the good talking...

Thank goodness it wasn't just me then. I thought something was wrong on my end initially. Sorted now though thankfully.

Vexxan

Really cool to see a developer put so much effort into their presentation, seeing how Dust:AET was made has been one of the best things on the stream so far tbh.

I don't think Pikmin 3 even has any "waggle controls", where did you get that. I played it some time ago with wiimote + nunchak (IR pointing, no waggle) and I believe there's traditional dual analog controls as well. How would waggle even work in this game?

I played it with the Wiimote and I hate the Wiimote. Is there some other way I should have described it? The WiiU Gamepad was only usable as a map, which makes really hurts the game. Half the cost of the WiiU is the gamepad and I'm playing a future release that doesn't even use it as a controller? People will defend anything I guess.

Top Bottom