• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAX East 2013 Thread

ekim

Anyone who has seen the Watch_Dogs demo wants to share the difference between the Pax footage and stuff we have seen before? Which scene did they replay and what particular actions were different? Any chance they make the new demo public or did someone film it?

DTJAAAAM

Sadly ended up skipping the meet-up since I had such a backlog of photos to finish from my last convention, but now that that's out of the way, I had time to work on PAX East cosplay shots. Here's what I saw on Friday:

PAX East 2013 - Friday

For anyone that just wants to see Ducktales, just go play D&D. They're right next to each other and D&D was almost always available.

Anyone who has seen the Watch_Dogs demo wants to share the difference between the Pax footage and stuff we have seen before? Which scene did they replay and what particular actions were different? Any chance they make the new demo public or did someone film it?

I went and was disappointed. It was a pretty long wait for a short video on the project lead talking about how we're all connected and you'll be able to control everything in the smart city. Then they showed the PS4 demo except in the perspective of city cameras

Sony demo with narration and edited differently. Super disappointing.

ekim

I went and was disappointed. It was a pretty long wait for a short video on the project lead talking about how we're all connected and you'll be able to control everything in the smart city. Then they showed the PS4 demo except in the perspective of city cameras

Thanks. Assassins creed 4 was also supposed to be shown. Have you seen it?

OnPoint

In line for Ducktales now. Still can't believe it's happening.

Those who are here, be sure to play Third Eye Crime. The brawler next to the fangamer booth is also great, though I forgot the name atm

SJRB

Gold Member

Sony demo with narration and edited differently. Super disappointing.

This is super disappointing, especially since the Watch_Dogs twitter talked about "a few surprises" right before PAX and Ubi has a pretty huge stand. I guess the surprise was that fucking t-shirt that only people in NA could win.

They didn't even release a new screenshot. A wallpaper, anything. Meh to the max.

ATF487

Gonna be wandering around the expo hall/classic game room upstairs until 6 or so.

Wearing a black jacket and a ratty old red sox hat

So the coolest thing that happened at PAX this year was watching Gideon Zhi play a repro cart of StarFox 2 in the classic console room. =D

Here's Cliffy B dressed as a Fruit Fucker posing with his wife.

9FE8F82C-DC43-4745-BA50-87F02682A82C-7581-00000F3C35327FB9.jpg

imjust1n

Banned
Cool things ive seen so far is the KH 1.5 american video Ducktales remastered and the name (Broken Age) and picture of the Doublefine adventure game other than that nothing that cool

The worst was the "girl gamer" panel ....seriously PAX do we really need females ragging panel because they cant deal with public trolls in the world ...everyone deals with them its the internet get over it.

Just bothered me that they had to make the panel about trolling than supporting girl gamers the whole time it was nag nag nag nag.

So was Duck Tales the only thing announced out of this thing? It seems like nobody is really discussing PAX... nothing special?

Worst thing that happen. Someone from capcom tried to interview me while I was playing Monster Hunter 3 U. I have no clue what I said lol.

OnPoint

So was Duck Tales the only thing announced out of this thing? It seems like nobody is really discussing PAX... nothing special?
Shovel knight was great. Pitch perfect nes style project in every regard.

Dropchord was a nifty use of that weird controller that uses you fingers.

Electronic Super Joy (formerly techno ninja) is a great frustration
Platformer with a fantastic EDM soundtrack.

High Strangeness was like Startropics meets Secret of Evermore. Action-RPG that literally switches between 8 and 16 bit styles.

Mechknight is a stylish guardian heroes style brawler that's super early, but plays pretty darn well considering its early state.

What can you really say about Transistor at this point that hasn't? It's great. Third Eye Crime was awesome. Guacamelee is almost as good as released and plays well.

In terms of surprises maybe this wasn't a big one, but the games were great.

The worst was the "girl gamer" panel ....seriously PAX do we really need females ragging panel because they cant deal with public trolls in the world ...everyone deals with them its the internet get over it.

Just bothered me that they had to make the panel about trolling than supporting girl gamers the whole time it was nag nag nag nag.
I'm so glad I didn't go to it. Instead I traded girl gamer for trans gamer shidoshi panel and it was such a great panel. Really, really well done.

mollipen

I'm so glad I didn't go to it. Instead I traded girl gamer for trans gamer shidoshi panel and it was such a great panel. Really, really well done.

Thanks you so much for coming! I'm glad you made it! And yeoz! And... that guy I keep forgetting! *laughs*

Seriously though, I got so little sleep during PAX, and between that and all of thr appointment stuff I did, pretty much the moment the panel was officially over my brain shut off what little functioning it was doing for good. So, sorry I came off super-spacey.

Patryn

So who won the Omegathon? I left when the white team was getting its second chance.

I hope they learned not to rely on something that requires wi-fi, though.

Lexxon

PAX was fun as always. I still need to work on managing my time better and maybe trying to socialize a little more, but, hey, them's personal issues. Did have a friend here this year for the first time to check out the show floor with part of the days.

Giant Bomb was crazy good, Blizzard's early announcement SUPER disappointing (I don't know what I was expecting..), and got to play some nifty games on the show floor. Long lines for Transistor and Quadrilateral Cowboy [not long in size, but long in time--long demo!] kept me away from those two which I wanted to check out, as well as Last of Us. Just not a line guy.

Panels overall were disappointing from the launch of the schedule, but the ones I went to were decent enough, so I can't complain.

Mully

My first PAX experience was great. I was lucky enough to purchase a new badge after losing the badge PXG graciously gave me, on the subway.

I had a great time and I'm definitely going next year. The meetups both nights were great.

Top Bottom