• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAX Prime 2015 Attendees Thread

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
...is it only me, or is it sad that I JUST realized that Sega HAD NO BOOTH this year? Like, it didn't even cross my mind. Then again, they only have one portable Sonic Boom game coming out soon and that's basically it for now :/ ("Comeback" for the west teased for TGS so we shall see...)

Xerotwo

I totally did not know Platinum Games had a panel today, fuuuuck!!!! And I missed out on a autograph session with Kamiya, fuuuuuuuck!!!!!

...is it only me, or is it sad that I JUST realized that Sega HAD NO BOOTH this year? Like, it didn't even cross my mind. Then again, they only have one portable Sonic Boom game coming out soon and that's basically it for now :/ ("Comeback" for the west teased for TGS so we shall see...)
Now that you mention it, yeah. They were nowhere to be found.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Did anyone ride the Mad Max Uber?

That jeep was an Uber?? At first I thought the guys were cosplaying (looked great) and then saw the promotional jeep.

I totally did not know Platinum Games had a panel today, fuuuuck!!!! And I missed out on a autograph session with Kamiya, fuuuuuuuck!!!!!

On the last day a mOnday to have someone come in?? These things happen on the days I don't go on -_-

Now that you mention it, yeah. They were nowhere to be found.

Their presence is at Konami levels now. Feels like yesterday they were at PAX showing off Phantasy Star Online...

krae_man

Meetup pick:

VjOOJAr.jpg

Finally back home, and ready to sleep before going to work later in the morning.

This PAX was exciting, frustrating and all around exhausting!

krae_man

Krae and spark, vive impressions?

I did the Cooking, Portal, and Painting ones.

Cooking one was neat. Disappointed it wouldn't let me throw the fridge. Other then that, the interactivity was awesome.

The painting one was neat/ It looked so cool being surrounded with all the colors.

Portal demo was amazing. The humor was good "Please open the drawer to your right...you opened the wrong drawer" :lol and the floor caving in messed with your brain. You knew you weren't going to fall but your brain still thought the floor was falling away.

I'd love to try a proper game in it. They need to do something about the cord though. Hang it from the ceiling or something. I kept getting tangled.

Feep

Banned
Great year this year. Networked my way into the Vive truck to try Tilt Brush, which I absolutely loved. Lots of great indies (WHO PLAYED JUST SHAPES AND BEATS?!), a couple good panels, tons of sweet board games with friends, and Seattle's very impressive food.

People sitting in huge lines for triple A games coming out in two months are doing it wrong.

Oh, and as always, the final round of the Omegathon did not disappoint.😊

Patryn

Krae and spark, vive impressions?

I can jump in, as I also tried it in Seattle.

Did the underwater, painting, cooking, balloon, and portal demos.

The underwater was the most impressive to me. Was super immersive.

Portal was also pretty cool. When the one robot started walking towards me I really started backing up because I was convinced he was going to bump into me.

GREAT framerate. It honestly felt super real. However, I'm kind of scared to know the stats of a machine needed to run that thing.

Top Bottom