• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAX West 2017 Attendees Thread

About to fly back home.

I had a pretty good Saturday/Sunday this PAX Prime/West, despite a few setbacks (capped lines for MHW and Zelda panel).

Final games I tried:
Battle Chef Brigade
More DBFZ - against a pro player; got stomped.
Mothergunship (from the dev behind Tower of Guns)
Trail Makers - Sandbox Driver woth car building.
FFXIV - Boss Challenge to get t-shirt

Got a lot more swag than I thought today. It was a good thing I brought one of those giant cars n bags with me to this event. The only stuff I bought was the usual t-shirt/water bottle/bag pack.

Was thinking of buying a Heavy Weapons pin set from Udon shop at the indies floor, but it was sold out. Same went for the Mega Man Nendoroid at the Capcom store, though I didn't even know it was selling there anyway, so I hadn't considered getting it.

Played a few mini-games of Super Monkey Ball 2 at the classic game console room. Played Virtual On for Dreamcast but... Wow. I had so much trouble with the controls.

I wish I could have stayed until Monday, but I already planned on resting my feet at home tomorrow.

Blues1990

Had a great day.

- I love the indie games that were shown, both on the show floor and at the Nintendies area. I'm looking forward to playing Nine Parchments, Super Beat Sports, Dandara, & Steam World 2.
-It was impossible to get to Nintendo's booth. Going to camp out at the entrance to the convention Center at 5:00 AM, so that I can be there without booking an appointment.
-I got a Poogie plush toy for a friend, a copy of Katie Rice's Camp Dontwanabehere, & some shirts.
-The cosplayers here are hot.
-I learned that there are other buildings hosting panels. I missed out on ProJared's conference & Markeplier's meet & greet.

Ultimately, I had a blast.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Best pax for me so far.

Got into riot party despite clusterfuck of planning where they let standby people in first and their text reservation system crashed and told people they were dropped.
Was nice.

Spent Fri browsing halls, nothing really stood out. Night was with friends and board games, couldn't do meetup.

Saturday more board games and Swery panel, Sunday more board games and magic draft and rez infinite appointment.

Basically stay away from expo hall lol.

The Bethesda VR booth has been capped, five minutes after the show floor opened. Absolutely insane. The PS experience-style reservation really needs to be standard for VR demos - especially if they're only going to have three stations available.

forrest

formerly nacire
Went a bit late on Saturday thanks to a kind neighbor sharing his badge with me. The Monster Hunter demo line was already closed when I got there so I was pretty bummed. It was nice to get to walk around and see some things, but I'm not sure if it's age/frame of mind or what, but I'm kind of at a point where I don't really enjoy the congested flash and bang of these events.

I'm glad they exist, but I'm content waiting for releases to get my hands on something vs. waiting is long lines or dealing with huge crowds. I didn't see much that I wasn't content just seeing on Youtube at home.

NoFunAllowed.jpg

Blues1990

I've forgot to add, Huntdown was a blast to play. Definitely one of the standout games from Nintendo's Nindies area, even if the controls felt flaky.

lunchtoast

Sat - we just walked around and took it all in and scan for badges when we could. We also watched that dub attack show at night.

Sun - walked around more. Friends had RSVP for Gran Turismo. I wanted to try Moss and Inpatient but spots filled up immediately. We also played DROPMIX and Tycho was also there watching people play. Then we stood in line for 2-3 hours for the Nindies. Was jealous of people who had switches with them. We had some card games.

Top Bottom