• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAX West 2017 Attendees Thread

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
If anyone has the time, go to the 6th floor, check out the Spry Fox booth and give Steambirds Alliance a shot! Ive been working on a lot of the art in that game for the past year :)

DIp4Z71VYAE2BAw

Okay this Nindies event is too many people with the number of kiosks. I don't think it's even possible to get 4 stamps.

Got to play Yono though and that was fun.

Internet connection died. Almost didn't get a PSVR demo booked.

The Night was saved when they changed the requirements from 4 stamps to 2 stamps. I played 2 games the entire night. Line management was chaos. People just walked up and merged into lines.

Played Steamworld Dig, which was a blast and Hunt Down.

Too bad I couldn't make it tonight. But we called it early. We did decide to stay another day as I finally got my buddy into the spirit of Pax. But we won't be staying for Sun/Mon. One set of Sun/Mun is claimed and I have another for $75 (for both days) if someone else is interested. I'll be at the convention center all day tomorrow.

GG-Duo

Today was my only day at PAX and I left town soon after...

but um, this was my second time here and I didn't really enjoy it.

• It feels like console game publishers' booths have shrunk.
  • Nintendo's booth layout sucked! There's massive line for a small space and people outside the booth can't see the Mario Odyssey screens
  • It feels like there isn't as much thought that's put into swag as there was before. I'm not even talking about being entitled, but I just want to see some creativity here...
  • It feels like samey indie games (lots of Smash-inspired stuff) and samey PC titles (Hearthstone-like card games, Monster Hunter-like games etc) are sprawling everywhere
  • Whenever I walk by the Twitch booth I'm just bewildered. It looks like a crappy VIP club and the streaming booths make sense but are also kinda weirdly insular
It's probably me and my particular tastes about games, but I hope this isn't a signal of the current gaming landscape... I'm kinda bummed out.

Blues1990

I'm on the train to Seattle. I hope to meet some of you fine folks, along with playing plenary of Mario Kart along the way.

Anything in particular that anyone would consider a 'must see' on Day 2? Walked around the floor a bit yesterday but nothing really caught my interest as far as waiting in line goes, since the stuff I'm most interested in is coming out within the next month or so anyway. I ended up just playing board games with my friends for the afternoon.

Anything in particular that anyone would consider a 'must see' on Day 2? Walked around the floor a bit yesterday but nothing really caught my interest as far as waiting in line goes, since the stuff I'm most interested in is coming out within the next month or so anyway. I ended up just playing board games with my friends for the afternoon.

Go indie. Always go indie. Divinity 2 was fun upstairs and short line, as well as many other Indies on the main floor. Just go enjoy. Wolfenstein and Milkshakes is nice.

Any stellaris/paradox fans/. Or just free stuff fans:

This awesome pin could be yours!

If you're at PAX (or in Seattle) come meet Community Manager Susie tomorrow btwn 9-10am in the park outside Atrium lobby.

(She has blue hair and will be wearing a Blorg t-shirt and mermaid leggings).

See you tomorrow, maybe? 😃

#informalfanmeetup #stellaris #paxwest

kulapik

Gearbox panel is starting, hopefully they'll announce something interesting, but it will probably just be Randy Pitchford's one man ego show

Got a spot for Sparc VR demo.
Got swag bag with LoL skin code, and Nintendo posters given out though the panel was full.

Onto the Expo Hall.

ScribbleD

Well I got fucked by folks on Reddit bailing and saying nothing. So I've been sitting outside con 45 minutes waiting for nothing.

STILL need sat/sun. Please don't PM if you're selling to someone else

Edit: guy finally returned my texts for Sunday badge. Still need sat. I'm in front of cheesecake factory

dukeoflegs

I went yesterday and went to the 6th floor before anyone else made their way up there. I played Wattam and had a blast. While I was playing I had some issues with a couple of the food people getting stuck under the table person so I wasn't able to turn them into poop. To help me out someone from the team sat down next to me to help me. It was Keita Takahashi. I did a lot of dumb funny things while playing making him laugh and patting me on the back. I wasn't able to beat the balloon levels and I even passed the controller to him to help but he came up a second or two short on the third balloon level.

Also I really want those people cushions they had set up for sitting on.

Blues1990

I finally arrived at the hotel, but I'm starving.

Any good places to eat, in which you get a bang for your buck? I'll be fine for a subway sandwich.

krae_man

Odyssey is great.

Have an appointment for Moss in a bit.

Played bravo team before. Tactical shooters are not my thing.

ScribbleD

I'm so sick of scalpers. Nothing but pieces of shit filth buying bulk Sat badges and flipping them for 150 a pop. I'm so angry right now.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I'm so sick of scalpers. Nothing but pieces of shit filth buying bulk Sat badges and flipping them for 150 a pop. I'm so angry right now.

These guys are expected, but I'm more angry at the CD guys doing their scam in front of the doors this time. Of course people are accepting it as a free giveaway, if everyone else are passing out things there. I hope they kicked out soon and no one gets hurt.

ScribbleD

These guys are expected, but I'm more angry at the CD guys doing their scam in front of the doors this time. Of course people are accepting it as a free giveaway, if everyone else are passing out things there. I hope they kicked out soon and no one gets hurt.

I'd much rather scalpers all get locked up.

xillyriax

I finally arrived at the hotel, but I'm starving.

Any good places to eat, in which you get a bang for your buck? I'll be fine for a subway sandwich.
There's a Jimmy John's subs joint in some shopping complex across the street from the Sheraton. Go through the revolving door, second floor, hallway on the right.

Also any meetups tonight? Some place close to the Con?

Blues1990

There's a Jimmy John's subs joint in some shopping complex across the street from the Sheraton. Go through the revolving door, second floor, hallway on the right.

Also any meetups tonight? Some place close to the Con?

Thank you for the recommendation, man. Tasty stuff, and I have some leftovers for tomorrow.

I'm just chilling at the WAC, as I haven't had much luck with securing a pass for today. I am set for tomorrow & Monday, so that's a plus. Can't wait to get some free goodies.

Ok both days at the Destiny experience I struck out mid line on Emblems. If anyone got an extra one, I'd really enjoy having it. Maybe we can work something out, let me know.

Anyone need a Sunday or Monday pass, I still have one of each. Would really like to give it to someone in need, rather than try selling to scalpers. But we're running out of time here.

krae_man

FYI Bioshock Party has like 200 people in line and they are letting in 400 people I heard.

So get here quick if you are trying to get in.

Top Bottom