• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAX West 2017 Attendees Thread

How do people know what is going to be given out? I'm going and I don't know this stuff.

It always helps to check and ask around booths whether they're giving away small stuff if they don't announce them on social media beforehand.

Throughout the event weekend, however, attendees on reddit update their findings on topics like these: PAX Swag Hunters.

^This is your best bet to plan if the free stuff is worth your waiting time and desire to try games out.

Can we put this link on the OP?

Blues1990

BTW, for scalpers that are outside of the convention hall, how likely is it that I can get a Saturday Pass? I'll arrive in Seattle in the morning, so I'm hoping to score one for that day (I have Sunday and Monday covered).

Bumping this, as my question wasn't answered.

ZugZug123

For the folks at the Nindies event, I remember from 2 years ago the shirt they were giving out for 4 stamps ended up being on the Nindies room at the con (this year they are on the 3rd floor) on Fri. Not sure if it will happen again this year, but if it does it's another chance to get the swag they are giving out tonight. It was crazy busy then as well I ended up with only 2 stamps.

Last year they were given out by Bungie for spending like $75+ at their store or something.

I sold my code for $130 online, giving one away would be quite the act of generosity lol.

Oh hell no. I mean I'll do one for myself maybe. But that's crazy talk.

Oh btw if anyone needs a Friday pass I you can grab one from me today at a discount. Say $40? Otherwise just going to end up selling them at cost on the street.

Well the first four time slots of the Sony event went fast. The rest of tomorrow's slots open at 11:00am tomorrow. Is that Eastern or West coast time?

Explain what that is and how to do it and I will try.
How do I get this?

Thanks!!! Bungie usually gives out a code for playing Destiny. Each time you play, you get a card.

So far they've done it for each gaming event they've been part of. I'm hoping they do it here as they did last year.

cbrun44

I'm so excited. This will be my first PAX. Only going on Monday, but still. Really, really looking forward to this. This time last year I had no clue I'd be living in Seattle.

I suppose the first thing I should do is take a stroll through the expo hall?

Really only 2 panels, I'm interested in that day... Flying Solo at 10 am and the Localization panel at 1 pm.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Confusing with the lineup this year but it makes sense and can fit way more people, and not obstruct traffic.

I'm so excited. This will be my first PAX. Only going on Monday, but still. Really, really looking forward to this. This time last year I had no clue I'd be living in Seattle.

I suppose the first thing I should do is take a stroll through the expo hall?

Really only 2 panels, I'm interested in that day... Flying Solo at 10 am and the Localization panel at 1 pm.

You don't have enough time, so if you wanna play something in particular, I'd go straight to the booth you are interested in. The lines for popular games get really long, and they have a length limit. Many even take reservations and they run out of them right after 10. I'd skip any 10am panels because of this.

I'd also recommend going to the indie games booths, and I'd leave going through the expo halls for the final hours.

cbrun44

You don't have enough time, so if you wanna play something in particular, I'd go straight to the booth you are interested in. The lines for popular games get really long, and they have a length limit. Many even take reservations and they run out of them right after 10. I'd skip any 10am panels because of this.

I'd also recommend going to the indie games booths, and I'd leave going through the expo halls for the final hours.

I'm really not that interested in even playing anything. Just want to see as much as possible. Indie games booth sounds like a good place to start!

krae_man

Nintendo booth was swarmed. Will have to use my code tomorrow or sun.

Got to do Detroit.

Hint mash x constantly, not till the bar fills.

The kid died because I didn't understand the prompt.

krae_man

No line for Knack 2, Deep Cover Knacko

Knack is awesome.

Now in line for Super Lucky Tail.

They have a claw machine to play for swag after you play the demo.

ScribbleD

I'll be there tomorrow through Monday. This is the first PAX West in 5 years I've missed a day of. )=

Still looking for a saturday badge, btw, if anyone has a spare one to sell.

Type2

I have some spare badges for all days except Sunday. Almost my whole dnd group bailed so I'm stuck with a bunch of extras. Pm please I'll be at the show each day.

Hey guys it's looking like we might head out tomorrow afternoon so I have two sets of Sat/Sun/Mon for sale at face value. If anyone needs tickets let me know. I'm hoping to sell them in sets though.

Blues1990

Hey guys it's looking like we might head out tomorrow afternoon so I have two sets of Sat/Sun/Mon for sale at face value. If anyone needs tickets let me know. I'm hoping to sell them in sets though.

I'm heading to Seattle tomorrow morning (from Vancouver), and I need a Saturday pass. I'm covered for Sunday and Monday already, so maybe we can work something out?

I'm heading to Seattle tomorrow morning (from Vancouver), and I need a Saturday pass. I'm covered for Sunday and Monday already, so maybe we can work something out?

Yea, possibly. I don't want to commit to anything yet though as I'm hoping someone will take some or my hands in a set. Just trying to recoup what I can before we head out. We're not sure if we'll stay in the city and just hang out since our hotel reservation is through Sunday.

krae_man

I played 4 demos in the first 90 minutes and nothing since.

Such is pax.

Grabbing merch for a friend, then I'm going to scope out what to make a b line for tomorrow.

Blues1990

Yea, possibly. I don't want to commit to anything yet though as I'm hoping someone will take some or my hands in a set. Just trying to recoup what I can before we head out. We're not sure if we'll stay in the city and just hang out since our hotel reservation is through Sunday.

Cool beans. Keep me posted if anything changes, man. :>

Happy PAX from BlueBadger and Wazzy! :)

H4IAPnG.jpg

krae_man

Ah I saw you guys in at the Capcom Merch line! Zell eating hotdogs is my favorite part of Final Fantasy VIII.

Anyone have the info for the NeoGAF meet up??

9pm at Rhein Haus Tonight. It's in the OP.

I'm also going to the Life is Strange Before the Storm Launch Party which is at Unicorn from 6-9 beforehand. Feel free to make it a twofer and do that too.

First 100 people in line for Life Is Strange get 2 free drink tickets. Apparently I got in line way too early and I'm the only one here. Ah well, in it for the long haul now.

Edit: as of 4:30pm there are only 5 of us in line so far.

krae_man

Coming up on 20 people in line for Life is strange and the line is growing quicker now. Get here soon if you want free drinks.

ZugZug123

The My Nintendo check in is 100% worth it. I arrived at the main line at 7:40am meaning I was one of the first in, the Nintendo line was already capped when I got to the booth. Asked for the My Nintendo check in, there was like 4 people there, got a noon to 1pm slot. I go and do other things around the hall, arrive at Nintendo booth 5min to noon and walk in at noon sharp.

Have a slot for 6-7pm for the Nindies room after checking in at about 1pm.

This is a godsend for Pax goers and worth all the crappy virtual prizes that replaced Club Nintendo.

The person at the line said they only have 20 tickets for each hour so im expecting tomorrow the check in tickets will run out faster.

Im lining up around 7:30am for the Metroid panel 😊

Wazzy

Banned
First day was amazing. Beat Susano on first try with friends and a really great group of people. Played a little Dissidia and got the coin for winning, took a quick look at Secret Of Mana and finally the best part of the night, went to the Mobius panel where Kitase was a guest.

A couple people asked to take photo's with me and Bluebadger(I went as Squall and Blue as Zell) before the panel started but at the end the staff asked us to take a picture with Kitase! It was so awesome to be asked that and get to meet him.

Firestorm

Uh I entered the Riot Queue and was around 1300th in line but then next time I tried to use S for status it turned into A from autocorrect and now I can't get status updates :(

I hope this is still working...

Top Bottom