• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Gamer Teases Big Exclusive Next Month (NOT Diablo III)

I guess I will just wait and see....way too many false d3 rumors...

Though didn't the site just get bought out...The D3 website...

So we know it's coming..but to be announced so soon?

I'd like them to announce it though, that would start another agonizing hype cycle, a curious mixture of pleasure and pain. The pleasure is in the hunt they say, and that's true to some degree. I remember anticipating Diablo II as vividly as actually playing it.

faberpach

It will come someday sooner or later it would not be that big megaton as some people are saying...

Just remember when they anounced SC II it was a good thing but we all knew it was comming...

It's the same for me for Diablo II someday they will announce they are doing it and three years later we will finally be able to play it, so i don't see the announcement of diablo III as something that big...

Now if there was some big gameplay variation that would really make a difference... but I doubt it.

Rur0ni

Do we need D3 right now? With SC2 coming out this year, plus probably an expansion later...

And WOTLK.

Why not announce D3 like, next year. Unless of course Blizzard is big enough to do that many big projects at once. I remember reading a Blizzard interview very recently, where a guy said he met people at lunch or something who worked there that he's never seen before....

I do want D3 though. I'd slay babies for it. I want that dark gritty art/gfx. I'm sure they'll do the right thing.

Variable

GuderianIsMyHomeboy said:
I uh...I never played any of the Diablo games. I'm sure they sell some sort of Diabo 1 + 2 pack?

Before you pick up Diablo 1 and 2, warm up your mouse clicking finger.

Baiano19 said:
Go straight to Diablo II... or don´t if you still love your life.

Diablo 1 has its charms.

And Diablo 2 doesn't require you to pour in as much time as WoW. You could play for an hour a lot more reasonably than you could WoW.

A lot of Blizzard isn't working on Starcraft or WoW, they have to be doing something. There's a bunch of producers who aren't on any of those atm. There's also plenty of room at the new HQ that isn't used by those groups.

AFAIK, only WotLK was shown at the May event, unless PCG got something extra on the side when everyone else wasn't looking.

But yeah, Diablo 3 IS under development, it's just a matter of time until they choose to reveal it. Just like with SC2.

UPDATE: It is not Diablo III.

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/38833/No-Diablo-3-Announcement-Forthcoming-Part-Two

On the off-chance this post about a Diablo 3 announcement made your pants a little tight, there won't be any big Blizzard announcement in the next issue of PC Gamer. So sayeth the editor: "We're officially squelching the Diablo rumor. We've got two big announcements coming in our August issue, but neither is from Blizzard." What will the super awesome announcements be? We'll find out soon...

If any mod is reading this, could you update thread title? Thanks.

Fallout-NL said:
That's not digital distribution though is it?

The new Blizz store has the choice to use digital distribution.

Products/Services

What are Digital Downloads?

Certain Blizzard games can be purchased as Digital Downloads. Instead of purchasing a boxed retail copy of the game, the digital version gives you instant access – download and play it on your computer as soon as you pay for the game.

How many times can I download a game?

You can download a game that has been registered to your account an unlimited number of times.

Manager

including a top-secret cover story so huge we had to go to [CENSORED] to get it.

Couldn't that mean that they had to go far away, say a different country, to get it (edit: KyanMehwulfe mentioned it earlier too)?

Sweden, Battlefield 3, here's hoping. It would make sense with Bad Company being released. Or like Crytek and some new project.

Kevin

duke-nukem-3d-1.jpg

The king is back... baby! ;)

Vinci

Danish
Weenerz said:
It won't be Diablo 3, it would utterly devour everything's sales.

Fix'd.

'Cause, seriously .... it's Diablo.

Thank god, it isn't. My life couldn't survive another Diablo.

PnCIa

Duke? Could it be...no not getting my hopes up. Maybe Doom 4 (unlikely)...or Episode 3 or Rage which is kinda reasonable. Or they just want to reveal that Sims 3 will get more addons than all of its predecessors combined.

Botolf said:
Unless they bring back Big Huge Games to do it.

/stokes rumor fire

Big Huge Games are working on an RPG for next-gen and PC for THQ. They have another project in the works but I'm almost 100% sure they can't be working on a magazine-showable AOE4, not that Ensemble would farm that out to BHG anyway.

It's probably Duke or Doom 4, ugh. The Dawn of War 2 hubub and cover was way cooler.

Maybe it's "Biker Diner Dash: Hashbrowns for Hells Angels" or something

Sibylus

Banned
Fragamemnon said:
Big Huge Games are working on an RPG for next-gen and PC for THQ. They have another project in the works but I'm almost 100% sure they can't be working on a magazine-showable AOE4, not that Ensemble would farm that out to BHG anyway.
My party, you're pooping on it :(

wsippel

Banned
Fragamemnon said:
That other project, assuming the RPG is "Secret Project #1", is a Wii exclusive:

Big Huge Games is deep in preproduction on Secret Project #2, a high-concept Wii title with a bold vision and the resources to support it. When we put the prototype in front of nontraditional gamers, they blow through the five minutes of actual content but will spend the next half-hour just playing around in the world, frequently laughing out loud as they discover another interaction. This response has us convinced we’re “on” to something special, but we need one more experienced Senior / Lead Designer to help us flesh out systems and content for the game.

Top Bottom