• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC has a hidden Quick Resume feature

Guilty_AI

With all the people talking about how great of a feature Quick Resume is on the XSX, i was curious and decided to do some research to see if there was some way to reproduce that on PC.
Surprisingly, i found the answer really quickly on a thread in the pcgaming sub. The user upload this video demonstrating how he did it.

Basically you open the Task Manager, go to performance tab and click on "open resource manager".
There, inside the CPU tab, right click the process of the game you're playing and click on suspend proccess.

Naturally i tested it myself, and it worked.
I was able to open not two but even three games at once (No Mans Sky, Yakuza 0 and Wreckfest. All on 1080p high/ultra) (my system is a GTX 1070 + i5 4690k + 16gb RAM)
They all ran fine, both when running with other games suspended or when restarted. The only abnormality I noticed is that when playing Wreckfest (with the two other games suspended), there would be micro-freezes when opening or closing menus.
Aside from that, i noticed as slighly higher GPU temperature than that of idle when i was with 2 games suspended on the background, although that could've been simply because i was running a game just moments before.
Other issue is that, any game that displays abnormal behaviour when minimized (or doesn't minimize properly at all) will naturally give some trouble when trying to use this "feature".

So, would i recommend it? I don't know, its not something i'm particularly interested in so i don't have the motivation to do further testing and see how it behaves, such as in what happens if you leave the games suspended for long periods of time, or what happens if you both suspend games along with hibernating your PC. However, if theres anyone playing on a PC who thinks this would be useful for them, feel free to do some more testing and share your results.

EDIT: DGrayson DGrayson or any other @mods. I posted on the wrong forum by mistake. Could you move it to gaming please?
EDIT2: Actually nvm, just delete this one, i'll start it again on gaming.

Last edited:
Top Bottom