• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC World Struggles To Build PC for $500 to match XOX

BigEmil

I'm not sure your build would run it at 4k/60 locked on high/med.

It takes a 1070 to get close to 4k/60 in Forza 6...and it doesn't stay there when weather and 23 cars are on the track.
Microsoft will optimise their own first party IP (Forza 7) on their Xbox One consoles more than on PC of course can't just use Forza 7 as a comparison.

What about all the other multi platform games out there? PC at similar price would beat the XB1X easily. Not just in graphics but also in frames per second since XB1X got a measly Jaguar CPU still your gonna get alot of 30fps games on XB1X still but 60fps or even higher on PC

Do the price comparison when the system is actually for sale, not using pre-release specs.

A PC with an i3 Kaby Lake, GTX 1060, 256GB SSD, and 16GB ram will run you $600+ right now but in 6 months when the XOX actually goes on sale, those parts will be under $500

Even Forza 7 with low requirements asks for an i5.

Sanjay

Here's something I threw together in about 30 seconds, its missing OS and KB/mouse but you can get a builders OS license for around $40 and KB/mouse runs $20 for a basic setup. Its already under $600 and thats without any sales/discounts (I have seen the i3 go for under $100 and the GTX 1060 for around $200 at palces like MicroCenter)

3UTpHKS.png

The point is that something like this will easily outpace the XOX and will certainly be much cheaper around November when the XOX is actually out for sale.

No 1TB hard drive, no bluray drive, No OS, no keyboard and mouse, no controller, No 3rd party heatsink and mouse mat.

Add all that to your $600 and your heading to $800 and Yo u still held back by the poor dual core cpu and 3gb vram.

And let's be honest, any self respecting PC gamers not going to cheap out on their mouse and keyboard with a good quality mouse mat.

The XBX is unbelievable great vaule.

The only way I see you being to match that would be buying old used parts like a 2500k/3570k iced to 4.5ghz, that's the route I would go, you can find good combo deals. But brand new, no chance. Then you have that worry about being able to oc.

Embrace great vaule people!

FaustusMD

Unconfirmed Member
It seems there are a lot of people in this topic that can't accept the Xbox One X is actually good value for what it offers. MS came in at the price point they needed to hit for it to be a feasible product. You're not going to make an equatable gaming PC at this price point right now and not in November, either.

For me, what matters most is the X is the best place to play Red Dead 2 next year. We can all go back and forth and build all the gimped gaming PCs in the world to satisfy this weird argument over the worthiness of this new Xbox. You still can't make that PC play Red Dead and not as well as you will on Xbox One X anyway, even if it gets announced.

Here's something I threw together in about 30 seconds, its missing OS and KB/mouse but you can get a builders OS license for around $40 and KB/mouse runs $20 for a basic setup. Its already under $600 and thats without any sales/discounts (I have seen the i3 go for under $100 and the GTX 1060 for around $200 at palces like MicroCenter)

3UTpHKS.png

The point is that something like this will easily outpace the XOX and will certainly be much cheaper around November when the XOX is actually out for sale.
This will outpace nothing. It doesn't meet minimum requirements forza 7.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Both are readily available here in Japan, but for MSRP, not $150.
Sold out on Newegg and prices have jumped $50. I intermittently sell on ebay and used RX 480 8GB currently go for $350-450. I bought my aib partner RX 480 8GB for $259 at release last year. Ethereum ruined it for gamers.
Several of these points don't really matter that much or at all.

It's a safe bet that one might already have a KB/M...gamepad...Optical drives are fast becoming obsolete...HDMI cable
Dude's gonna install Linux on his PC without a KB/M. No need for KB/M, gamepad, Blu-Ray, or HDMI cable. Sounds like paradise.
Here's something I threw together in about 30 seconds

I got $548 for your components after shipping. Add $90 for Win10, $45 for BD Drive(X1X has UHD 4k drive), $45 for 1TB hdd, $20 for KB/M, $50 for gamepad, and $5 for HDMI cable. TOTAL = $803

i3 cannot maintain minimum framerate in Forza Apex:
"Turn 10 Studios lists an i3 as the minimum required CPU, and it is right. Our simulated dual-core CPU (with Hyper Threading enabled) can offer a 30fps experience, it cannot achieve a constant 60fps experience as there were noticeable drops at 50fps."

Forza Apex with highest textures at 4K consumes up to 5GB VRAM. Wet track results at 4K, highest settings + 2xAA, full grid turns in 40-50fps general performance with drops into the 30s on a RX 480 8GB at 1350MHz/2050MHz.

That i3+GTX 1060 3GB would get buried on wet track settings while the X1X is rock solid 60fps with no apparent drops. X1X is designed to use 6-8GB VRAM.

Steel

Banned
This will outpace nothing. It doesn't meet minimum requirements forza 7.

First, a G4560 is better than the minimum requirements for Forza, a new i3 destroys a i5 760. Second, the 3 gb 1060 is worse than the X1X GPu. With the money saved by going with a g4560 you can get a 1060 6 gb which is about on the X1X level a little less, but there's nothing exactly on par. A 1070 is a lot better a 1060 is a little worse and AMD only has 580s at their top bracket atm which are a little better than a 1060 and might fit the bill but they're all sold out atm.

Doesn't matter when quad cores are becoming the standard, and the CPU in the XOX is still outpaced by a mere Nehalem i5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSE_Cc13T1Q a G4560, less of a cpu than an i3 7100 runs forza at ultra 1080p just fine with a 1060. It won't bottleneck forza. I don't even see why anyone would think that any modern cpu would be bottlenecked by a racing game. It runs anywhere from 30-60.

pr0cs

The sheer amount of video memory is going to make building a competitive pc extremely difficult. The weak 1X CPU is irrelevant

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
And up to seven cores.

A new i3 is an acceptable alternative to the jag cores in the X1X. I would even concede to using a RX 580 8GB or GTX 1060 6GB with decent OC.

3GB VRAM with lower memory clock is out of the question when X1X is designed for games like Forza, Gears 4, and Shadow of Mordor that use 5GB+.

Why is it considered not "fair"?

The total cost of ownership should play an important role in someones purchase decision. It may cost $800 dollars to build a PC that is equivalent to the Xbox One, but you could make back that $300 over the course of a console generation life time in not having to pay for a Live subscription and the discounts found in steam/gog/etc sales.
It would take about 10 years of Xbox live to get it to $300 (in the price everyone always buys them at least, heck if you let it expire for a few weeks the Xbox even offers you for less than that in Brazil), but you also get large sales from subscribing so it's not like it's all a wasted money.

shandy706

Microsoft will optimise their own first party IP (Forza 7) on their Xbox One consoles more than on PC of course can't just use Forza 7 as a comparison.

What about all the other multi platform games out there? PC at similar price would beat the XB1X easily. Not just in graphics but also in frames per second since XB1X got a measly Jaguar CPU still your gonna get alot of 30fps games on XB1X still but 60fps or even higher on PC

No it won't, period. There is no argument for or truth to that sentence.

This thread is good for making a list of people to NOT take custom building information from. I've been building/tweaking/working with computers computers since the 80's. Entertaining stuff in here.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
4 year old "i3".
A new i3 is an acceptable alternative to the jag cores in the X1X. I would even concede to using a RX 580 8GB or GTX 1060 6GB with decent OC.

3GB VRAM with lower memory clock is out of the question when X1X is designed for games like Forza, Gears 4, and Shadow of Mordor that use 5GB+.
I agree with this...
The sheer amount of video memory is going to make building a competitive pc extremely difficult. The weak 1X CPU is irrelevant
---
P.S.- If X1X has Vega's pixel engine to L2 cache direct access then RX 580 and GTX 1060 will be insufficient alternatives. Analysis on FM7, Gears 4, and The Witcher 3 will tell us a great deal about the hardware in the X1X.

Theonik

Not true. The XBO X has a unified memory architecture and only about 8GB of its 12GB of memory were accessible to games iirc They might have bumped that to 9 recently. Either way, a big chunk of that 9GB isn't used as GPU memory.

Krayz

It is relevant because if you were to match X1X, you'll only need a CPU that can hold 30fps. Which means you can definitely cheap out on the CPU, giving you more to spend on other components.

There is no use in trying to get an 8 core CPU, because they are way underclocked anyways on the X1X. You could achieve the X1X CPU performance with less cores.

flkraven

It is relevant because if you were to match X1X, you'll only need a CPU that can hold 30fps. Which means you can definitely cheap out on the CPU, giving you more to spend on other components.

There is no use in matching the 8 cores, because they are way underclocked anyways on the X1X. You could achieve the X1X CPU performance with less cores CPU's

I've said it before but with the shared memory pool, custom processor, and proprietary software, it makes much more sense to compare PC v XOX after the console is released. When Forza 7 is released, we find a PC that can run it at the same resolution, framerate, and quality settings then compare the price. We can do the same for any other games released with XOX enhancements.

It seems there are a lot of people in this topic that can't accept the Xbox One X is actually good value for what it offers. MS came in at the price point they needed to hit for it to be a feasible product. You're not going to make an equatable gaming PC at this price point right now and not in November, either.

For me, what matters most is the X is the best place to play Red Dead 2 next year. We can all go back and forth and build all the gimped gaming PCs in the world to satisfy this weird argument over the worthiness of this new Xbox. You still can't make that PC play Red Dead and not as well as you will on Xbox One X anyway, even if it gets announced.

Sold out on Newegg and prices have jumped $50. I intermittently sell on ebay and used RX 480 8GB currently go for $350-450. I bought my aib partner RX 480 8GB for $259 at release last year. Ethereum ruined it for gamers.

Dude's gonna install Linux on his PC without a KB/M. No need for KB/M, gamepad, Blu-Ray, or HDMI cable. Sounds like paradise.

I got $548 for your components after shipping. Add $90 for Win10, $45 for BD Drive(X1X has UHD 4k drive), $45 for 1TB hdd, $20 for KB/M, $50 for gamepad, and $5 for HDMI cable. TOTAL = $803

i3 cannot maintain minimum framerate in Forza Apex:
"Turn 10 Studios lists an i3 as the minimum required CPU, and it is right. Our simulated dual-core CPU (with Hyper Threading enabled) can offer a 30fps experience, it cannot achieve a constant 60fps experience as there were noticeable drops at 50fps."

Forza Apex with highest textures at 4K consumes up to 5GB VRAM. Wet track results at 4K, highest settings + 2xAA, full grid turns in 40-50fps general performance with drops into the 30s on a RX 480 8GB at 1350MHz/2050MHz.

That i3+GTX 1060 3GB would get buried on wet track settings while the X1X is rock solid 60fps with no apparent drops. X1X is designed to use 6-8GB VRAM.

No it won't, period. There is no argument for or truth to that sentence.

This thread is good for making a list of people to NOT take custom building information from. I've been building/tweaking/working with computers computers since the 80's. Entertaining stuff in here.

All this. Its perfectly ok to accept that a console maintains the best value for bang for buck.

And this is from someone with a PC that outperforms 95% of the posters in here.

Krayz

I've said it before but with the shared memory pool, custom processor, and proprietary software, it makes much more sense to compare PC v XOX after the console is released. When Forza 7 is released, we find a PC that can run it at the same resolution, framerate, and quality settings then compare the price. We can do the same for any other games released with XOX enhancements.

I agree there is no use in trying to match it just by specs alone. Once the X1X releases and we get those DF performance videos. We'll know for sure what it takes to match it. Also we'll get a better view on hardware prices once vega/Volta releases, most likely bring the price down on last gen GPU's.

If somebody gets 4K/60 with Forza 7 on a Kaby Lake i3 this fall, share your build, I might make one. I'm currently running a 3770k with a 6GB GTX 1060OC, and am getting an X1X but I might build a new rig by spring.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Not true. The XBO X has a unified memory architecture and only about 8GB of its 12GB of memory were accessible to games iirc They might have bumped that to 9 recently. Either way, a big chunk of that 9GB isn't used as GPU memory.
RX 480/580 4GB and GTX 1060 3GB are out of the question due to a lack of VRAM. Even PS4 base model games were using around 3GB out of 4.5GB available for VRAM. 6-8GB VRAM will be used on X1X out of the available 9GB if the game is tied to XO and PS4.

There is no use in trying to get an 8 core CPU, because they are way underclocked anyways on the X1X. You could achieve the X1X CPU performance with less cores.
I believe it's irrelevant because the catch for performance will be the GPU and VRAM, and most games built for consoles are extremely GPU-dependent especially with the focus on 4K and supersampling.
---
Regardless, X1X is a good value for $499. My gut feeling is that GTX 1060 6GB and RX 580 8GB will be outclassed by the X1X. FM7, Gears 4, and TW3 will be good performance indicators.

Lister

Banned
Regardless, X1X is a good value for $499. My gut feeling is that GTX 1060 6GB and RX 580 8GB will be outclassed by the X1X. FM7, Gears 4, and TW3 will be good performance indicators.

I think you're dreaming.

This is going to be another 750ti drama in the making.

Lister

Banned
That didn't even last.

I asusme you mean didn't last in terms of the drama, not because it still doesn't outperform the PS4, because it still does, on a small number of games though.

Thing is the 750ti was under spec, so that it was outperfoming the PS4 in several games drove GAF crazy for like 4 months. Mods were banning people for the mere mention of the fabled 750ti.

Loved it.

Now it's performing as it should... well most of the time. It still beats the PS4 in some games, especially when paired with a beefy CPU.

The 1060, especially OC'ed as everyone and their mother will run it, is not as under specced as a 750ti vs a PS4.... IIRC. Haven't looked at those 750ti specs ina while for fear of banning ;p

I think for the most part they will trade blows. The XboneX will have "Y" feature on and the 1060 won't, but the 1060 will have "X" feature on and the XboneX won't, Or this game will run a bit better on Xbone X, but this other game will run a bit better on the 1060, etc, etc.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I think you're dreaming.

This is going to be another 750ti drama in the making.
I have a r7 265(aka 7850) and at 1.8TFLOPS it was never drama that it performed like PS4. DOOM is a notable exception that takes a massive overclock to 1175MHz to match PS4.

Likewise, there's no drama or dreaming in suggesting that a RX 480/580 or GTX 1060 will be outclassed by X1X in games like FM7, Gears 4, and The Witcher 3.

I have a RX 480 8GB and even with OC to 1375MHz it gets smashed on Forza Apex 4K, Ultra, 2xAA, wet track, full grid. Like down to 30fps and spending most time in 40-50fps range.

RX 580 and GTX 1060 will not provide consistency of performance wins against X1X like r7 265 or GTX 750ti did against PS4.

I have a r7 265(aka 7850) and at 1.8TFLOPS it was never drama that it performed like PS4. DOOM is a notable exception that takes a massive overclock to 1175MHz to match PS4.

Likewise, there's no drama or dreaming in suggesting that a RX 480/580 or GTX 1060 will be outclassed by X1X in games like FM7, Gears 4, and The Witcher 3.

I have a RX 480 8GB and even with OC to 1375MHz it gets smashed on Forza Apex 4K, Ultra, 2xAA, wet track, full grid. Like down to 30fps and spending most time in 40-50fps range.

RX 580 and GTX 1060 will not provide consistency of performance wins against X1X like r7 265 or GTX 750ti did against PS4.

There are still benefits to coding for a fixed platform and we should always remember that.

Lister

Banned

And you think that's moslty do to hardware and not possible inefficiencies in the PC codebase?

How about we wait until the damn consle is actually out and we have more than a single point of reference from a developer working for a company tryign to sell you said console before we start comparing?

Remains to be seen. You mention forza but that's a MS game. They will most likely not put forth full effort on the pc version for obvious reasons. Just look at how FH3 went down for months before they finally addressed the issues.

The third parties will tell the full story.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
There are still benefits to coding for a fixed platform and we should always remember that.
Yes that's something to consider.
How about we wait until the damn consle is actually out and we have more than a single point of reference from a developer working for a company tryign to sell you said console before we start comparing?
Ark Survival dev also compared it to a GTX 1070 along with Digital Foundry. I have a RX 480 and Forza Apex and I was simply sharing my experience.

Regardless, I'm not waiting for anything since even in worst-case scenario it's a RX 480 at 1305MHz with memory bottleneck addressed(384-bit bus, 326GB/s bandwidth, 9GB memory). RX 480/580 do not sustain theoretical peak speed in practice: "The memory overclocked well enough reach frequencies of up to 2200Mhz, but as is often the case with GDDR5, performance was better at 2100 Mhz." or 268GB/s.

We still don't know what other modifications they've made. Vega's pixel engine to L2 cache direct access(tiled cache) could still be in play until we get more details.
Remains to be seen. You mention forza but that's a MS game...The third parties will tell the full story.
I disagree. You need both to get a clear picture along with more info on the hardware. That's why I mentioned Gears 4 and The Witcher 3.
---
Regardless, RX 580/GTX 1060 OC performance at $499 with UHD Blu-Ray is good value.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
6Tflops for a nice box with a nice controller is a good deal at $500. Pretty simple.
Sony and MS both went with Jag cores on the cheap for 30-60FPS gaming and threw the rest of the money at the GPU.

With PC parts in both now, it's not hard to imagine that you get better comparable value from the systems now than before, especially since MS is trying to claw back some marketshare.

There's still other things like paid online, texture pop-in, load times, etc. But for a solid compromise for performance/$ it's really good.

I'll stick with 144Hz @ 1440p on PC though. Also 4K is dumb.

6Tflops for a nice box with a nice controller is a good deal at $500. Pretty simple.
Sony and MS both went with Jag cores on the cheap for 30-60FPS gaming and threw the rest of the money at the GPU.

With PC parts in both now, it's not hard to imagine that you get better comparable value from the systems now than before, especially since MS is trying to claw back some marketshare.

There's still other things like paid online, texture pop-in, load times, etc. But for a solid compromise for performance/$ it's really good.

I'll stick with 144Hz @ 1440p on PC though. Also 4K is dumb.

There's no way it's only 6Tflops right? If it's AMD hardware than 6Tflops would fall well short of a GTX 1070. Especially since on PC a 20% OC is attainable off the bat without any voltage changes etc. Plus really nice memory OC. Mine was able to get 1080 stock performance no sweat.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
There's no way it's only 6Tflops right? If it's AMD hardware than 6Tflops would fall well short of a GTX 1070. Especially since on PC a 20% OC is attainable off the bat without any voltage changes etc. Plus really nice memory OC. Mine was able to get 1080 stock performance no sweat.
If it was more they'd be telling us.

It's a matter of yields / power draw / reliability / heat / performance needed for 4k 60FPS. A lot more stuff is close together on that chip. All of the things lined up (and almost 50% more than PS4 Pro) at what they targeted.

If it was more they'd be telling us.

It's a matter of yields / power draw / reliability / heat. A lot more stuff is close together on that chip.

No I realize why it can't be OC'd etc. I'm just pointing out that it would already be below an equivalent Nvidia card in terms of Tflops, then Nvidia cards are known now for quite a nice bit of headroom for OC. Essentially they come underclocked. Probably safer to say it's closer to an OC'd 580. Although I heard it has extra computer units, so I guess that's where the bit of extra performance is coming from. Doesn't seem possible it will compare with a 1070 though.

Hmm. Well, only time will tell.

No I realize why it can't be OC'd etc. I'm just pointing out that it would already be below an equivalent Nvidia card in terms of Tflops, then Nvidia cards are known now for quite a nice bit of headroom for OC. Essentially they come underclocked. Probably safer to say it's closer to an OC'd 580. Although I heard it has extra computer units, so I guess that's where the bit of extra performance is coming from. Doesn't seem possible it will compare with a 1070 though.

Hmm. Well, only time will tell.

It's most likely going to perform closer to an RX 480 or 580 at 1302-1303MHz than a GTX 1070 at 1800+ MHz (Which is pretty much what they boost to out of the box)
For it to be faster than this and close to a GTX 1070 it would require significant improvements to the IPC.

The performance deficit between an RX 480/580 at 1302-1303MHz and a GTX 1070 at 1949MHz is roughly 50%, it would be incredibly unlikely for the Xbox One X's GPU to be as fast as this unless there are significant improvements to the GPU like I mentioned before.

Utilization of things such as PIX (Performance Inspector for Xbox) may be able to provide optimizations for the code base and provide some speed improvements but it'll be incredibly unlikely for it to recoup the performance delta between it and the GTX 1070.

If we look at the state of APIs on PC now, they've come a long way in the past 4 years.

AMD GCN GPUs have exceptional Asynchronous Compute Capabilities, this power lay dormant in them as they were underutilized by graphics APIs. Now, thanks to lower level APIs such as Vulkan and DX12 they can be taken advantage of.

DOOM takes advantage of capabilities like this with the Vulkan API, this provides significant speed improvements for the AMD GCN GPUs. Optimizations like this are no longer exclusive to consoles.

Here is some data from Digital Foundry's testing: Doom's Vulkan patch is a PC performance game-changer

Digital Foundry also interviewed some of the developers who talked about the uses of asynchronous compute: Tech Interview: Doom (Digital Foundry)

Digital Foundry: Can you go into depth on the wins asynchronous compute gave you on the consoles and any differential there between PS4 and Xbox One?

Jean Geffroy: When looking at GPU performance, something that becomes quite obvious right away is that some rendering passes barely use compute units. Shadow map rendering, as an example, is typically bottlenecked by fixed pipeline processing (eg rasterization) and memory bandwidth rather than raw compute performance. This means that when rendering your shadow maps, if nothing is running in parallel, you're effectively wasting a lot of GPU processing power.

Even geometry passes with more intensive shading computations will potentially not be able to consistently max out the compute units for numerous reasons related to the internal graphics pipeline. Whenever this occurs, async compute shaders can leverage those unused compute units for other tasks. This is the approach we took with Doom. Our post-processing and tone-mapping for instance run in parallel with a significant part of the graphics work. This is a good example of a situation where just scheduling your work differently across the graphics and compute queues can result in multi-ms gains.

This is just one example, but generally speaking, async compute is a great tool to get the most out of the GPU. Whenever it is possible to overlap some memory-intensive work with some compute-intensive tasks, there's opportunity for performance gains. We use async compute just the same way on both consoles. There are some hardware differences when it comes to the number of available queues, but with the way we're scheduling our compute tasks, this actually wasn't all that important.

Digital Foundry: Will we see async compute in the PC version via Vulkan?

Billy Khan: Yes, async compute will be extensively used on the PC Vulkan version running on AMD hardware. Vulkan allows us to finally code much more to the ;metal'. The thick driver layer is eliminated with Vulkan, which will give significant performance improvements that were not achievable on OpenGL or DX

Digital Foundry:Do you foresee a time where async compute will be a major factor in all engines across formats?

Billy Khan: The time is now, really. Doom is already a clear example where async compute, when used properly, can make drastic enhancements to the performance and look of a game. Going forward, compute and async compute will be even more extensively used for idTech6. It is almost certain that more developers will take advantage of compute and async compute as they discover how to effectively use it in their games.

Digital Foundry: What are your thoughts on adopting Vulkan/DX12 as primary APIs for triple-A game development? Is it still too early?

Axel Gneiting: I would advise anybody to start as soon as possible. There is definitely a learning curve, but the benefits are obvious. Vulkan actually has pretty decent tools support with RenderDoc already and the debugging layers are really useful by now. The big benefit of Vulkan is that shader compiler, debug layers and RenderDoc are all open source. Additionally, it has full support for Windows 7, so there is no downside in OS support either compared to DX12.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, PIX is also available for Windows now, and has been since January. A new update was released for it on the 27th.

Introducing PIX on Windows (beta)
PIX is a performance tuning and debugging tool for game developers. It has a long and storied history spanning three generations of Xbox console. Today we are pleased to announce that a beta release of PIX is now available for analyzing DirectX 12 games on Windows as well.

PIX on Windows provides five main modes of operation:

GPU captures for debugging and analyzing the performance of Direct3D 12 graphics rendering.
Timing captures for understanding the performance and threading of all CPU and GPU work carried out by your game.
Function Summary captures accumulate information about how long each function runs for and how often each is called.
Callgraph captures trace the execution of a single function.
Memory Allocation captures provide insight into the memory allocations made by your game.

PIX 1706.25.002 - system monitor and timing capture improvements
Today we released PIX 1706.25.002 beta and an updated WinPixEventRuntime (version 1.0.170625002).

New in this release:

System Monitor displays realtime counter data while a game is running
Present statistics (fps, frame duration, sync interval)
GPU memory usage (commitment, budget, demotions)
Custom title counters reported by the WinPixEventRuntime PIXReportCounter API
Continuous timing captures
Record timing data into a circular buffer (rather than just capturing a fixed duration), then use the System Monitor graph view to select a time region of interest and open that as a timing capture
Timing capture event list can now be ordered by either CPU or GPU execution time
Timing capture GPU timeline uses flame graphs to display nested marker regions
More robust pixel history (many bugfixes)
Fixed crashes caused by HLSL syntax highlighting
Improved callstack resolution performance when opening timing captures
Support for Function Summary, Callgraph, Memory and File IO captures of packaged titles

Top Bottom