• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PCVR Game Discussion |Thread| Knocking down the (virtual) walls

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
New action game announced over at TGS for Vive/Rift! It is a Japanese game titled "Be The Hero", which blends VR manga and VR game together (the story is depicted like a manga). In this game, some weird shits happened and people are granted super powers. The playable demo features a nerdy boy who gets super ninja abilities (fast running, slow down time and throw shuriken etc), but the dev said there are several other playable heroes too with their own unique abilities. Coming to Vive/Rift this fall (in Japan at least, hope it releases globally).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiKdAgzf5j4

Grug

Subscribing!

Got a Vive yesterday and finding it very hard to find the quality titles amongst all the shovelware.

So far I've been messing around with Tilt Brush, The Lab and Universe Sandbox.

Superhot and Rec Room are nest on my list to try.

Would love recommendations for the most interesting VR experiences so far.

Paganmoon

I've personally gotten more and more hesitant of Fallout 4 VR, I have no doubt the (few?) people who worked on it put a lot of effort and "soul" into it, but from the previews, mentioning pip-boy navigation is with buttons, and reloading is also button press instead of motion controlled, well it doesn't feel like they're really using the full list of capabilities available with the SteamVR environment. Certainly doesn't warrant it being a full priced €60 game, with no discount for owners of the "flat" game.

Subscribing!

Got a Vive yesterday and finding it very hard to find the quality titles amongst all the shovelware.

Welcome to the club, and be prepared to be riddled with lists of games :) Personal favs from me:
Vanishing Realms (dungeon crawler RPG, in Early Access)
Batman: Arkham VR (Easily for me the most polished experience out there, I'm also a sucker for Batman and the Arkham games so, make of that what you will)
Apollo 11 VR (Genuinely teared up with this experience)

ArtHands

http://www.overflowgames.se/star-shelter/
Site for Star Shelter is up!

Subscribing!

Some of the recently released recommendations from me are XING: The Land Beyond and Project CARS 2.

Here's a partial list of my recommendation:
Google Tiltbrush (free)
Google Earth VR (free)
Amulette (free)
Rec Room (free)
Accounting (free)
Waltz of the Wizard (free)
theBlu
the Lab (free)
Thumper
Hot Dogs, Horse Shoes & Hand Grenade
Battlezone
Batman Arkham VR
Knockout League
Serious Sam VR: The First Encounter
Serious Sam VR: The Second Encounter
Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope
Redout Enhanced Edition
I Expect You To Die
Cloudlands: VR Minigolf
Cosmic Trip
The Brookhaven Experiment
SVRVIVE The Deus Helix
Twisted Arrow
Vindicta
Fantastic Contraption
Richie's Plank Experience
Dead Effect 2
Rick & Morty Simulator: Virtual Rick-ality
Job Simulator
Arizona Sunshine
Gunheart
Eve: Valkyrie
To The Top
SportsBar VR
Superhot VR
Raw Data
GORN
Sairento VR
Audioshield
Pavlov VR
Vanishing Realms
Airtone
Climbey

There are also many great games only available on Oculus Store too (Lone Echo, Killing Floor Incursion, Robo Recall etc). Install ReVIVE and you can purchase games on Oculus store, then play them on your HTC Vive.

Lakuza

New action game announced over at TGS for Vive/Rift! It is a Japanese game titled "Be The Hero", which blends VR manga and VR game together (the story is depicted like a manga). In this game, some weird shits happened and people are granted super powers. The playable demo features a nerdy boy who gets super ninja abilities (fast running, slow down time and throw shuriken etc), but the dev said there are several other playable heroes too with their own unique abilities. Coming to Vive/Rift this fall (in Japan at least, hope it releases globally).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiKdAgzf5j4

Gameplay looks fun, theres a lot of potential for it, but the manga quality is really poor and brings down the whole presentation. It looks like the low tier fan art stuff on deviant art :(

Subscribing!

Here's a few recommendations:

Superhot VR:
Since its already on your list i'll keep it short:
  • Extremely polished
  • Campaign is like a tutorial of sorts that lasts between 1-3 hours depending on your skill level.
  • Tons of modes (arcade style) are unlocked after completing the campaign which is where the real challenge comes in. Endless mode is my favourite.
  • makes you feel like a badass
  • Makes full use of roomscale (no artifical movement or teleportation so its a double edged sword for people with small spaces
  • great for showing others and hotseating with :)

Lone Echo (Oculus store)
One of the best titles out for vr right now. You play as a robot assisting the only human on a space station when things go wrong. Movement is entirely in zero gravity, and the game perfects the movement system (grabbing onto anything and everything and pushing and pulling yourself to move about).

• Took me 9 hours to complete
  • makes great use of room scale but be careful as its easy to knock objects over with this game
  • Impressive visuals for vr
  • movement system is awesome
  • Very light puzzle solving
  • no combat, its about exploration and completing the objectives your given all driven by a story
  • incredibly immersive
  • Also has a popular multiplayer game tied to it called Echo Arena (this game can get a bit too exciting and you may end up punching walls or other objects lol)

Mages Tale: (oculus store)
This is a 1st person rpg where you play as a mage apprentice. There are multiple dungeons to progress through that involve puzzle solving and fighting enemies using your magic. My favourite aspect of this is the exploration and the secrets you can find, alot of the secret areas are cleverily hidden but not cryptic either so you won't be looking up guides to solve it.

One example of this is where you come across a corridor with the torch mounts on the wall, only one has a lit torch. Exploring the nearby you'll find a torch on the ground that you can light with a fire spell and placing it into the 2nd torch holder, will open a passage in the wall between the two torches with a chest. However, in the corridor is also a glass orb that you can press to your face that shows hidden messages and objects. Looking through the orb in this secret passage highlights one brick in the wall, pressing the wall opens up a new passage on the opposite side of the corridor containing a cracked wall. Using a wind spell destroys the wall and opens a whole new part of the dungeon to explore. So its really rewarding to explore the environment.

• took me 10 hours to complete on my 1st playthrough
  • makes good use of room scale (ducking down to look through holes, reach for objects out of view etc)
  • Tons of secrets to find
  • Features teleportation, step dash movement and full locomotion
  • four spell elements that can be altered into a variety of ways
  • Combat is good (could be better though)
  • unfortunately there is no melee option, just magic
  • story is a little weak (script wise) but the game is still fun to play

Chronos (Oculus Store)
Currently playing this right now and really enjoying. Dark souls +fable+zelda mixed into one game. The player is tasked with defeating the evil dragon at the age of 18. To do this they must travel through dungeons/forests/temples etc solving puzzles, defeating enemies etc. Each time they die, they are revived at the cost of 1 year passing. As you age, you physical potential slows down but you become stronger with magic. Really interesting mechanic and so far i've played about 6-7 hours atleast. If you are familiar with the souls games, play this on heroic difficulty (hard mode), if you haven't played the souls games play on normal.
  • Not a short game (i'm atleast 6-7 hours into game and not close to finishing)
  • Great combat (parrying with shields, blocking that works correctly, good evade mechanics, counter attacks, magic abilities, different weapon types)
  • Challenging game (you cannot farm potions, you only have what you spawned with so every damage you take matters. if you die, you respawn and age by 1 year)
  • Puzzle solving is great and makes good use of vr
  • shows that a 3rd person game can work perfectly in vr
  • varied locations

Thumper
Great rhythm game that comes with both vr mode and non vr mode.
  • Seated game
  • immersive and has a unique horror feel to it (no jump scares but the atmosphere and music is really tense)
  • 9 stages to play so you could rush through it (I played 1 stage per day so I didn't feel the shortness)

Raw Data
This will be leaving early access next month so nows the perfect time to get it. You have 4 classes/ characters (katana, pistol, hulk like fists+shotgun and an archer class). The single player campaign has 10 missions that start off simple (small arena, wave based gameplay) but in the later half they become more like standard missions where you progress through the level taking enemies out. Lots of replayability thanks to the 4 classes and features co-op (2 player co-op per mission) and pvp.
  • great use of motion controls
  • offers teleport movement and full locomotion
  • combat feels great

Gunheart
This one is an early access title (still young since it only came out in july/august). Its an fps thats a mix between borderlands+destiny+warframe. You start out in an online lobby where you can meet other players, buy weapons, buy upgrades and cosmetics and select a mission (which can be played in co-op with 2 other players). Missions are set in big environments that you can explore whilst carrying out the objectives (the objectives are vary based on the mission type too, like defending certain structures to reaching the end of the level). Theres a lot of weapons to purchase and upgrade from bows, shotguns, chainguns, sniper rail guns to a death disc melee gun.
  • Great gameplay
  • Great options for movement (teleport only and teleport + full locomotion)
  • teleport is used with full locomotion since it lets you climb mountains and buildings.
  • weapons are fun to use and everyone will have their own favourite (each weapon is viable)
  • great visuals
  • being updated regularly
  • devs are easy to reach and talk to on their discord channel so easy to give feedback and report bugs

Audioshield
music/rhythm game. Orbs fly at you in sync to the music that you have to punch. They come in 3 colours, one colour per hand and the 3rd colour requires you to punch with both hands. The game supports youtube and your own music collection and each music/song has its own global leaderboard too.
  • tons of replayability
  • great work out
  • You can import your mp3's to create the beatmap/level
  • global and local scoreboards for every song
  • It doesn't sync perfectly with the music, but i recommend playing on either harder difficulty or elite as the game syncs to the music better that way

Soundboxing
Another music/rhythm game similar to audioshield. Instead of auto generating a beatmap/level it instead realies on user generated content. Find your song on youtube and hit the record button to punch to the beat. Once complete save and upload for others to play it. Each challenge created has its own scoreboards. As a result, the levels tend to be matched perfectly to the song/music. It only has 2 orb colours (one for each hand) so the gameplay is simpler than audioshield. Right now, i prefer this over audioshield since i enjoy making my own levels.
  • You cant use your own music
  • Does not generate a stage to the music you use
  • Completely user generated challenges
  • each song can have multiple challenges
  • great workout
  • cheap in price

I would also recommend robo recall which is free for oculus users. Amazing game and a great showcase to people who haven't tried vr...but I don't think i'd pay the price its sold for.

So after failing to buy an $800 Lego Millennium Falcon I decided to take the money and budget plan I had made for it to something else

XpMGaKK.png

I've already cleared about a 2.5-3m squared area in my living room for it and started building a list of games I want. There's quite a lot for someone just getting into VR now! I'm so excited. Thinking of buying prescription lenses from http://vr-lens.eu/ too, though wondering if I should just try it with my glasses first. Thing is my glasses are pretty wide, like 150mm or something and I thought I heard anything over 135mm could be uncomfortable. Plus, the VR lenses could let me dial in the depth adjustment...

Unfortunately I probably won't get the Vive until Friday or so, but I don't know if I'd want to mess with it until the weekend anyway when I have enough time to truly dedicated to it rather than working around my work schedule.

Already bought The Gallery episode 1 and Vanishing Realms since they're on sale, but plan to pickup Lone Echo (with Revive) and I think Form too. I'm really looking forward to atmospheric walking sim/adventure/puzzle games the most.

Editing in, here's what my current VR library looks like with the games I already have. Looking forward to replaying them in VR:

EUbbhst.png

Subscribing!

Most good stuff already mentioned.

Get The Solus Project if you care about mystery-SciFi Exploration as a game.

Dead Secret if you want a mystery horror game that does not get overboard with jumpscares and has an interesting setting and story compared to most of the stuff that's out there.

Conductor drive your own little tank engine and solve puzzles with your gravity gun, nothing major but it's unique!

Also unique is Vertigo not so much in mechanics, though there are some surprises in the game. Setting is just cool and interesting.... it's simple art style wise, same as conductor, that shouldn't keep you from trying out these games! If you only go to the big names then you are missing some very intersting small gems!

Also check out the (semi) non-gaming stuff:

Titans of Space 2
Discovering Space 2
Universe Sandbox 2
Vive Spray 2 or Kings Spray Graffiti
etc

Been super busy and hadn't a chance to fire up the VR lately, but finally took a spin with Google Earth's Street View addition. what great thing to add. Basically adds a fuck ton of 360 photos to look at in many locations. Really helps round out the app, especially in areas that aren't 3D mapped. And really adds a real nice human scale counterpoint to the horror show that was previous human scale (which is awesome in its own right)

Been super busy and hadn't a chance to fire up the VR lately, but finally took a spin with Google Earth's Street View addition. what great thing to add. Basically adds a fuck ton of 360 photos to look at in many locations. Really helps round out the app, especially in areas that aren't 3D mapped. And really adds a real nice human scale counterpoint to the horror show that was previous human scale (which is awesome in its own right)

It's a great update but it crashes everytime after an hour or so, most people are probably not spending that much time in Google Earth VR but I do (and more) and it basically crashes every session. I hope they fix this, it's not the biggest problem in the world just restarting/rebooting Steam VR and Google Earth VR but I'd prefer if it would be as stable again as it was before the update.

terrible

Banned
So how is the VR implementation compared to PC1? Even on a 1080 I found it fairly underwhelming from an immersion perspective.

I'm having to run it on mostly low settings because of how weak my hardware is (2500K, GTX 1060) but it's super immersive. It's on the same level as Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, or R3E strictly in terms of immersion I'd say, maybe even higher because of how well done the positional audio is and how great the weather effects are.

Grug

Wow, really appreciate the effort people went through to give me detailed recommendations. Looks like the GAF VR community is an awesome group.

I'll digest these suggestions and let you guys know how I go.

Grug

I am trying to redeem my content bundle for my Vive but it just keeps asking me to login to my HTC account over and over again even though I am already logged in.

Anyone encounter this problem? Have tried on two computers and an ipad and get the same issue.

I'm in a live chat with HTC but it is torturous.

ArtHands

I am trying to redeem my content bundle for my Vive but it just keeps asking me to login to my HTC account over and over again even though I am already logged in.

Anyone encounter this problem? Have tried on two computers and an ipad and get the same issue.

sorry cant help u..i didnt redeemed mine as i lost them

SimplexPL

You're honestly not missing much. That bundle is pretty weak. And it requires installing viveport which causes problems for lots of people.

Lakuza

Was already mentioned on previous page, I also commented on how it feels a little late to the market with unspoken pretty much doing the same thing and being higher in production value:

Wands is up for pre-order on the oculus store (with usual pre-order discount):

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1833318536683635/

I have this on gear vr and the online was pretty much dead so I spent most of my time on it fighting AI bots. It used node teleportation with the teleport ability tied to a spell so you had to equip it to move to another node if I remember right. Whilst they are still sticking to the node teleportation I'm hoping they've made it easier to move between points for the pc version.

Also i'm not sure how well this will do with Unspoken doing similar stuff (pvp mages + node teleport arena).

ArtHands

Was already mentioned on previous page, I also commented on how it feels a little late to the market with unspoken pretty much doing the same thing and being higher in production value:
How does both play? Unfortunately Vive doesnt any of these titles.

Also the Espire 1 VR steam page is live too, but it will release next year
http://store.steampowered.com/app/669290/Espire_1_VR_Operative/

It seems promising as it uses lots of stealth mechanics inspired from MGs, such as surveillance camera, guards patrol, hiding from guards, throwing stuffs to distract guard, climb ladder etc

Lakuza

How does both play? Unfortunately Vive doesnt any of these titles.

Also the Espire 1 VR steam page is live too, but it will release next year
http://store.steampowered.com/app/669290/Espire_1_VR_Operative/

It seems promising as it uses lots of stealth mechanics inspired from MGs, such as surveillance camera, guards patrol, hiding from guards, throwing stuffs to distract guard, climb ladder etc

Technically they should both work perfectly fine on the vive.

They are both arena based pvp combat. The arena has fixed nodes you can teleport to (no free movement) and you have a selection of spells to fire at other players as well as defensive ones to deflect or block certain ones. So a match generally consists of teleporting between different points to find an opening to hit an enemy or just standing in the same place firing spells at eachother.

Wands has a more maze like feel to its arena's, lots of corridors and closed off spaces whereas unspoken tends to take place in more open areas so you can snipe at eachother from all nodes. However, unspoken's arenas change over the course of the match with special summons altering the nodes available aswell as the environment itself. Wands arena's in comparison are static.

On the gear vr, spells were chosen from a quick menu and then cast at enemy using a button (when it lacked a motion controller, not sure if they updated support for the recent gear vr motion controller)so I'm not sure if this has been changed for the pc release. unspoken has the player making specific movements and gestures to complete spells (especially the more powerful ones). So as a result, Unspoken makes better use of motion controls.

I don't own unspoken so no idea if it has this feature too, but wands has some light spell crafting where you mix elements and potions to create new spells. You have a limited amount of slots to equip spells too. In unspoken, its champion/class based where each character has their own unique set of spells and perks.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/650070/OVERTURN/
OVERTURN VR is live on Steam, releasing in Oct
Here's a trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbz5oa8w9JM

So apparently this game is made by a 1 man studio from Korea, and has been rather well received based on its public demo.

Yeah, been following that one for a while. It seems to have a pretty big variety of gameplay in it. The dev is really communicative on Reddit and every time he'd post a video I'd be like "Wait, is this the same game?". Pretty crazy it's a solo joint. I hope it turns out well.

TheRed

I'm having to run it on mostly low settings because of how weak my hardware is (2500K, GTX 1060) but it's super immersive. It's on the same level as Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, or R3E strictly in terms of immersion I'd say, maybe even higher because of how well done the positional audio is and how great the weather effects are.
What's your GPU usage like in a race? I bought it last night and on low settings with a couple medium on my gtx 1080 it was running crappy and GPU usage was only around 40%, frame rate stayed around 40-45 range. Turning up some settings and cranking up supersampling a crazy high amount got GPU usage to go into the 80s and 90s but it still ran at like 40-45 fps anyway. Gotta test more tonight and see if I can find anyway to run at 90 fps but it seems to be designed with the intention to rely on Asynchronous reprojection/time warp which I can't stand. Switching to Assetto Corsa gives a perfect 90 fps so it's not my system being faulty I don't think.

So far as disappointed in the VR as I was in PC1 but hopefully I can get it worked out.

Lakuza

My soundboxing challenge for Out of Space - The Prodigy is on the featured list (its the most recent one for the past week, so its the first one seen when choosing the featured category). Not sure how mine was selected, i'm guessing a dev adds songs they like to the list? Either way, that one is really competitive, having fun competing against the same players as we keep removing eachother off the top spot XD

Trying to focus on giving the chorus to each song a recognisable routine(instead of random punches) so once you've memorised it, it'll make those parts easier for the rest of the song.

Also I have no put in around 30 hours into soundboxing (compared to 10 hours on audioshield, lol).

Some more soundboxing challenges as usual: (the numbers at the end of each link are: punches/ duration)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/650070/OVERTURN/
OVERTURN VR is live on Steam, releasing in Oct
Here's a trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbz5oa8w9JM

So apparently this game is made by a 1 man studio from Korea, and has been rather well received based on its public demo.

been seeing so many games made by a single person that look way better than what some studios are putting out, its crazy. Certain things look a little off such as the hands looking a little odd when moving to the edge of the view and the sword looks a little toy-ish but otherwise looks cool (will definately keep an eye on this one).

terrible

Banned
What's your GPU usage like in a race? I bought it last night and on low settings with a couple medium on my gtx 1080 it was running crappy and GPU usage was only around 40%, frame rate stayed around 40-45 range. Turning up some settings and cranking up supersampling a crazy high amount got GPU usage to go into the 80s and 90s but it still ran at like 40-45 fps anyway. Gotta test more tonight and see if I can find anyway to run at 90 fps but it seems to be designed with the intention to rely on Asynchronous reprojection/time warp which I can't stand. Switching to Assetto Corsa gives a perfect 90 fps so it's not my system being faulty I don't think.

So far as disappointed in the VR as I was in PC1 but hopefully I can get it worked out.

Seems to be at 99% usage. It's only running at 45 FPS for me though, I can't hit 90 either. Certain tracks and weather combos are even more demanding and I see drops below 45, at least with 16+ opponents. I just avoid those combos.

I'm having some trouble with Soundboxing on my Vive. Is there a beginner's guide anywhere? Here's what I'm experiencing:

1. I can't hit the pause button when playing a song. I tried aiming at it and moving closer to it, but it never lit up or activated. Also, at first I had left handed (beta) mode active, but I switched back to right handed mode to see if that helped, but it didn't. Not sure if that matters.

2. When recording a beat track, how do I rewind the track, or edit/delete notes? When I pull the right trigger, The song seems to pause for a millisecond, then continues playing. I've tried all the buttons while aiming in a bunch of different places.

3. Is there anyway while recording to slow down the song, or is the only option to record it at full speed?

4. When I tried to record my first beat track, making notes to hit seemed to work fine, but when I tried to record again, making a punching motion did not result in any notes being created.

It feels like I screwed up some control setting on my end, and I don't know how to fix it. Any advice would be appreciated. I'll try re-installing in the meantime. I'll provide more information if needed.

Edit: Thanks for the tips! I'll try it again later.

Lakuza

I'm having some trouble with Soundboxing on my Vive. Is there a beginner's guide anywhere? Here's what I'm experiencing:

1. I can't hit the pause button when playing a song. I tried aiming at it and moving closer to it, but it never lit up or activated. Also, at first I had left handed (beta) mode active, but I switched back to right handed mode to see if that helped, but it didn't. Not sure if that matters.

the pause button during song playblack/recording is super awkward since there's no aiming line for it. To hit the pause button you have to imagine that the aiming line is coming out of the top of the controller so you want to tilt your hand down.

kinda like this (the aiming line being the drum stick in the pic):
7pn7m4c.jpg

After a few times you'll get used to it though so its only a problem early on.

2. When recording a beat track, how do I rewind the track, or edit/delete notes? When I pull the right trigger, The song seems to pause for a millisecond, then continues playing. I've tried all the buttons while aiming in a bunch of different places.

You rewind the track by pausing and moving the song track backwards, Pressing resume recording will start a 3 second countdown and resume from that point. Any beats/punches previously recorded in that segment are removed.

3. Is there anyway while recording to slow down the song, or is the only option to record it at full speed?

Songs have to be recorded at full speed, if you can't make the punch in real time then other players wont be able to either. This keeps things fair.

4. When I tried to record my first beat track, making notes to hit seemed to work fine, but when I tried to record again, making a punching motion did not result in any notes being created.

It feels like I screwed up some control setting on my end, and I don't know how to fix it. Any advice would be appreciated. I'll try re-installing in the meantime. I'll provide more information if needed.

To record a punch, you have to punch through the wall infront of you. So in order to make multiple quick ones you need to punch through that barrier/wall, retract the punch back out and punch again.

As far as controls being messed up for you, you can realign the controllers to the gloves by holding the grab button and realigning your controller with the gloves. You can do this when you have a song/challenge selected but haven't clicked record/play yet.

TheRed

Seems to be at 99% usage. It's only running at 45 FPS for me though, I can't hit 90 either. Certain tracks and weather combos are even more demanding and I see drops below 45, at least with 16+ opponents. I just avoid those combos.

That's disappointing for at least clear weather conditions I'd expect to hit 90 fps pretty easy with a GTX 1080.
It seems impossible in this game even with lowest settings.
I have i5 4670k and GTX 1080 combo. Maybe someone with a 1080ti and i7 combo can do it?

Painguy

This will be kinda a shameless plug.

Like 3 months back I took a VR class at UCSD during my final quarter. Professor was a VR researcher at Qualcomm. Last project was to make a VR game. I was busy with a bunch of other finals so I didn't have time to do anything cray cray so my partner and I made Pong lol. It's a local multiplayer game. It requires 1 occulus rift, and one leap motion(we had 48 occulus's but like 70 students haha).

1 player is in VR and the other uses the leapmotion.

Leap motion user has a anaglyph 3d view. I did a asymmetric projection to get better 3D. Takes into account orientation of paddle n stuff

It should still run if you only have an occulus, but it wont be much fun. Both users have a tracked mario head as an avatar that is shown to the other user. You use the hylian shield to deflect n stuff.

We did it super last minute so lots of issues (stupid near far plane, syncing issues, collision glitches, but it works well enough. Spent about 3 days no sleep lol. I did the graphics, and my friend did the networking. All code from scratch in C++. Opengl n shizz yada yada yada. I also added some 3D audio. 3D models were ripped obviously haha. Normals on level are messed up so that's why it looks wonky.

minimal-2017-06-12-00-25-04-58.png

leapmotionclient-2017-06-12-00-24-47-14.png

Link to executable. If you have a memory editor I'm pretty sure you can change the IP to connect to a remote computer.

terrible

Banned
That's disappointing for at least clear weather conditions I'd expect to hit 90 fps pretty easy with a GTX 1080.
It seems impossible in this game even with lowest settings.
I have i5 4670k and GTX 1080 combo. Maybe someone with a 1080ti and i7 combo can do it?

Yeah I'm surprised you're not hitting 90 with a GTX 1080 on lower settings in good weather. You should be getting way better performance than me with my 1060.

TheRed

Yeah I'm surprised you're not hitting 90 with a GTX 1080 on lower settings in good weather. You should be getting way better performance than me with my 1060.
Well I can crank up supersampling with the power and it looks a lot nicer and still runs at the same 45 fps average as 1.0 supersampling and low settings does.

I figured out that my card was hitting voltage limit in this game that no other game causes that. Lowered GPU settings and got more stable performance without hitting the limit and that actually feels fun to play. But even still it's just at 45 fps, must be better frame timing that I'm noticing.

Cilidra

Anyone here is using PSmove with Minecraft VR?

I am looking for a good control scheme (button mapping) for the 2 PSmove for Minecraft (I got the PSVR running it on my PC and it's great).

Anyone has a good, comfortable control scheme for it?

Cilidra

How did you achieve that?

Using PSmoveservice and Trinus.

Lots of on-line guides on-line how to do it.

http://www.thegamertips.com/index.p...laystation VR, Trinus VR and SteamVR Gameplay

Can even track headset for roomscale with a bit of thinkering:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiYkDXu20VA

Now you do have the limitation of the PSmove (they are not as good tracking devices as the ones for Vive and Oculus) but it's a really cheap way to get VR on PC if you already have the PSVR and PSmoves. It use PS3 cameras but those are dirt cheap (I bought 4 at gamestop for 5$ each).
Some people are using NOLO tracking instead of PSmoves. I think people though it would be much better but it sounds like alot of people are dissappointed with the NOLO so I don't think it's worth the 200$ to get those.

Aside for the lesser quality tracking, the quality of visuals is very nice .

So I was just looking at the Steam store and was trying to decide between Serious Sam The Last Hope and Rez Infinite. I've owned Rez numerous times before on the Dreamcast, PS2, and 360 but I've never touched Infinite and I'm kinda curious about trying it out on the Vive. The Serious Sam games have been....well, whatever.... but I've been wanting to try out the VR Serious Sam stuff for awhile but I could never really get myself to pay $40 for a wave based shooter. It's on sale now so I figured why not.

Any suggestions for those that have played both?

I guess I'm also looking at To The Top as well though....

SimplexPL

Supposedly the Last Hope is really good and has lots of content. It's still a wave shooter but has multiple levels, various enemy types and coop gameplay.

Lakuza

A new round of soundboxing challenges (after the song title the numbers are: punches/length of music)

While we're on the subject, I usually feel weird doing this but I'm really happy with my latest beatmap so I'll link it for you folks to check out - took me so many bloody tries to get it mapped right I was sweating like Chairmanchuck by the end ;)

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle - Mid-Boss Mayhem

Time for a shower!

Beat your highscore :p Enjoyed the beatmap, the timing was spot on. Was a nice surprise to see who you are in the game, recognised you from some of my scoreboards :D

----

Also posting Vermadas' post from the oculus thread here in case its missed in the other thread:
Oculus Store now has a refund policy - no longer limited to the UK.

Similar eligibility restrictions to Steam. Within 14 days of purchase and less than two hours played.

ArtHands

So I was just looking at the Steam store and was trying to decide between Serious Sam The Last Hope and Rez Infinite. I've owned Rez numerous times before on the Dreamcast, PS2, and 360 but I've never touched Infinite and I'm kinda curious about trying it out on the Vive. The Serious Sam games have been....well, whatever.... but I've been wanting to try out the VR Serious Sam stuff for awhile but I could never really get myself to pay $40 for a wave based shooter. It's on sale now so I figured why not.

Any suggestions for those that have played both?

I guess I'm also looking at To The Top as well though....

You can consider getting Serious Sam VR The First Encounter , Serious Sam VR The Second Encounter

Both are 10+ hours worth of content

ArtHands

Serious Sam games are brainless VR shooters, so the game is just going to throw lots of enemies and you gun them down with big weapons. That's highly satisfying for me personally. There are many types of weapons (flamethrower, shotgun, chainsaw etc), and you can dual wield different weapons in each hands. The enemies come in all angles so I can mix up my weapons, and even fire in different directions I want. I will held up both my controllers in opposite direction, and turn like a helicopter and hold down the triggers.

Some parts of the levels though are not designed for VR, but not big issues.

Steam allows refund within 2 hours, so you can always buy and try it, and refund if its not to your liking

derFeef

How does the gunplay feel in Serious Sam: Last Hope?

Satisfying like Super Hot?

Geez I miss game demos.

It's not really comparable.
You basically aim and spray with most guns. Tho the bow is pretty great to use.
I think it's quite fun and also pretty meaty.

If you can check out the other Serious Sam games as they support VR now. You can play the whole campaigns in VR, coop and everything. It has lot's of movement options and how you want to play it. I recommend it over The Last Hope for a more complete shooter experience, but TLH is a great gallery shooter for sure.

Top Bottom