• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Peach announced for Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U

Shimesaba

Love the new design. Melee Peach is one of my favorite characters across all the games, I hope Sakurai restores some of her former glory.

I'd love to see her get a Rosalina alt costume, too, but I feel like I remember an article saying that alt costumes weren't happening.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Bayonetta alt costume please.

Were you not around for Brawl? Were you not around when we got Donkey Kong?! We actually have half of the returners announced. We are the lucky ones.

I was totally around for Brawl. And checking the dates, compared to where we are now, Donkey Kong was announced for Brawl a month and a half ago. He wasn't the last veteran revealed, but we've already passed DK's initial reveal.

Besides, just because they did it that way once, doesn't mean it was correct to do it a second time. Especially with how much further back they are in comparison, when you compare dates. Now, they're struggling with two separate platforms this time, but before it was delayed in October, Brawl was originally set to release a month and a half from where we are now. It got pushed back an additional 4 months for Japan, then a month a half for the US, and the PAL release was much later after that, hopefully something that won't be repeated. But for a game announced almost a quarter of a decade ago, this is an extremely slow drip of information.

I was totally around for Brawl. And checking the dates, compared to where we are now, Donkey Kong was announced for Brawl a month and a half ago. He wasn't the last veteran revealed, but we've already passed DK's initial reveal.

Besides, just because they did it that way once, doesn't mean it was correct to do it a second time. Especially with how much further back they are in comparison, when you compare dates. Now, they're struggling with two separate platforms this time, but before it was delayed in October, Brawl was originally set to release a month and a half from where we are now. It got pushed back an additional 4 months for Japan, then a month a half for the US, and the PAL release was much later after that, hopefully something that won't be repeated. But for a game announced almost a quarter of a decade ago, this is an extremely slow drip of information.
You seem to be rather bitter that they announced it before the game was actually in production.

The announcement for both games was an nothing. Put it out of your mind. Compared to Brawl's cycle after the proper reveal of both, we're actually sitting quite pretty in comparison. The only character that was confirmed in the year between Brawl's proper reveal and the opening of the proper DOJO nearly a year later was Fox. There was an incredibly drought of information after Brawl's initial reveal.

You're too hung up on words.

You seem to be rather bitter that they announced it before the game was actually in production.

Yes, because it was, in my opinion, a way of milking a franchise's name without anything to show for it. Sakurai wasn't even done with Uprising when they did so, and apparently virtually everything waited on him.

The announcement for both games was an nothing. Put it out of your mind. Compared to Brawl's cycle after the proper reveal of both, we're actually sitting quite pretty in comparison. The only character that was confirmed in the year between Brawl's proper reveal and the opening of the proper DOJO nearly a year later was Fox. There was an incredibly drought of information after Brawl's initial reveal.

You're too hung up on words.

No, it doesn't work that way, sorry. You announce a product as if it's a part of your console line-up in mid-2011, you put a major focus on it in your conference, at a time when it is clearly a keystone announcement, then from that point on, people are waiting for that game, people are expecting it as a part of your console line-up. A month and a half from now, in comparison, the Brawl staff were sincerely apologizing that they needed longer for the game wasn't going to make the release date. We don't even have a date for this game yet, we're not even entirely sure about the year. So as a fan, yes, I am irritated at the current drip-feed of very predictable information. That's not stopping them from releasing a new stage tomorrow, or picking up the pace from here on, but as it currently stands, I feel like the game shouldn't have become an announced part of the Wii U/3DS line-up until more significant development had occurred, so information wouldn't be SO stretched thin.

I seriously just love this. Haha.

tgW5CeR.png

Bravocado

Dem shoes! U go girl!

She looks good, agreed that her previous model looks kinda unfriendly (probably not the right term) by comparison.

ito007

never played peach much. but good add nonetheless.

i just want yoshi to be announced so i can rest easy knowing my main is there. such an awesome character. (yes i know im in the minority on this)

MisterHero

Yay Peach. She needs to have a wide variety of alternate models.

1. Smash Bros. Peach
2. Daisy
3. Nurse Peach
4. Tennis Peach
5. Kart Peach (come ooooooonnnnnnnn doooo iiiit)
6. Winter Sports Peach
7. Summer Sports Peach
8. Peach-onetta

I don't know who's rendering the character portraits, but they're doing a wonderful job!

Top Bottom