• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

People are sanding down their glossy black consoles

Jinko

I think it looks quite good if its done properly, Brushed aluminium > shiny plastic.

You would need a machine to do it though, doing it by hand is just asking for trouble.

Jimrpg

AVGN_2c2fc1_590324.gif

perfect response.

They are all horrid.

Wii U initially looks ok but then you look carefully and its looks amateurish.

aaronwt

WTH? I don't even look at my consoles. They are on shelves. I have no need to touch them unless I rent a game title or put a BD in. But all those consoles in the first post, they look absolutely disgusting.

Luigiv

Now, I'm not going to go over the top and sand down the consoles but I was looking at getting a decal/skin for my PS4. Brush Metal which looks pretty darn cool.

$_57.JPG

That looks ridiculous, the grains on the different faces don't match, completely ruining the illusion. /overly pedantic rant

Surprising that noone is selling custom panels for PS4 yet.

Anyone tried sandblasting yet?

I'm fine with the sanding idea, but sandblasting electronics just sounds all kinds of scary. I suppose if it was completely taken apart and the electrical components are kept far FAR away from the blasting area, it would be interesting to see.

The wiiu looks great. Even with the uneven lines it looks better then the normal gloss, but would look even better if it was all straight.

Jakoozie89

Neo Member
The Wii U in that pic looks effing awesome! Really don't see the problem, it's just the cosmetic stuff, you can't really damage the machine. Reselling it will be impossible probably, but a lot of people keep their consoles forever.

I love the brushed steel look, as long as it's pro. I don't think I would do this myself though. It would be nice if manufacturers got away from the glossy stuff completely.

It's almost achieved and looks great.... but somethings not quite right, and it looks bad.

... But... they look bad with all that cheap Chinese plastic gloss anyway.

v0yce

There's nothing premium, in fact there's really nothing cheaper looking than faux finishing plastic.

Just.... ugh.

I've had a wii u since launch and thee damn thing has been in the"official" wii u bag more than its been plugged in yet it looks like it was put in a dryer full of knives and keys

It's ridiculous

My ps4 is in much better shape but still more Scratched than it should be if they just used non glossy shit

EBreda

I've seen some good stuff sand blasted. Sand papered, though...

Just no. And I endorse the stop glossy consoles too. My PS4 already looks like garbage after less than a year. Seriously, I swear if you slip your fingers on the gloosy half (not nails, obviously) you're gonna scratch it.

Remember the matte redesigned 360? that was beautiful.

xbox360s.jpg

niunhuiio

Definitely doing this to my Wii U and the controllers with it, and maybe my iPhone 5c
One of my friends has a 3DS rubbed with sandpaper and it looked nice.

Top Bottom