• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

People Can Fly cancels Project Dagger after sinking ~16,5 mil USD into it

ZoukGalaxy

People Can Sink confirmed.

Awkward My Big Fat Fabulous Life GIF by TLC

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Can't believe people really think Sweet Baby Inc. just bullies devs into doing whatever they want.

You’re so naive

Devs aren’t looking for SBI for advice on becoming better, more left or inclusive, they need SBI to score them to get bigger ESG investments, the more diverse with the alphabet or minority representation the bigger score and more chances to get more money from ESG investments.

SBI ain’t bullying anyone, they give the clear guidelines to pocket more cash. Devs want more cash and follow the suggestions to increase score.

Last edited:
I definitely feel like we’re reaching the point where we’re gonna start seeing long gaps between big games. So many cancellations and studio closures.

Xenon

You’re so naive

Devs aren’t looking for SBI for advice on becoming better, more left or inclusive, they need SBI to score them to get bigger ESG investments, the more diverse with the alphabet or minority representation the bigger score and more chances to get more money from ESG investments.

SBI ain’t bullying anyone, they give the clear guidelines to pocket more cash. Devs want more cash and follow the suggestions to increase score.

I think SB used both playing to corporate greed and bullying.

Both Is Good The Road To El Dorado GIF

Buggy Loop

I think SB used both playing to corporate greed and bullying.

Both Is Good The Road To El Dorado GIF

Yea,

By promoting fear tactics live in public, I’m not sure if the name bullying is right but it’s really close. They indirectly make employees grab HR/Marketing by the balls so that SBI comes in and gets business…

Terror tactics are also used by other groups.. what are they called again? Terror.. something ..

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Dont worry PCF.

Just do what every other person or business does when they cant get partnership/publishing financing for their home, office or business.

Walk into a bank with a business plan and prove to the loan officer you are legit and deserve a loan.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
You’re so naive

Of course! So why the SBI hate, when you're bigger concern has little to do with them but the investors themselves?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
"The Social Justice movement became the Social Justice industry"

- Unknown

God forbid every main female character in a game doesn't have huge boobs or the villain in a game is a white guy, huh? To call it the "Social Justice Industry" is nonsense. Sorry bro. When will the conspiracy theories end?

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Of course! So why the SBI hate, when you're bigger concern has little to do with them but the investors themselves?
I hate them too, happy now? Why are you trying to hard to deflect criticism away from SBI? You trying to get in some polyamorous chick’s pants or something?

Kadve

Sounds just weird to burn through quite some money before realising Take2 pulling the plug much earlier was the right move.
Who greenlights these projects to even enter any already costlier production stage or stubbornly continue to hit a wall later on? Either the story or the proposed gameplay loop should be rocksolid before doing anything that costs a lot. You don't have to design artsy chairs, tables and furniture, detailed rocks and luscious nature only to notice that neither plot nor player actions are fun.
Sounds like they were polishing it up to the point that another publisher might show interest. But failed to find any.

Last edited:

Von Hugh

They have made nothing of substance in the last 10 years, and Bulletstorm and Gears of War: Judgment were Xbox 360 games for Pete's sake.

If they take 15 years to make a game, that's not going to fly. Or them. They are not going to fly.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Just finished Gears 3 last night and noticed their name in the credits for support studios. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what they end up doing if their own projects can't cut it.

Top Bottom