• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 3 FES (PS2 classic) coming to US PSN next tuesday

Alfredo

One big reason I like P4 better than P3 is because of your relationship with you fellow party members. In P3 Vanilla and FES, you're not given an option to develop social links with your male dorm mates. It kind of made them feel like a bunch of strangers 'cause you didn't get any bro time.

P3P kind of fixed this with the female route, 'cause you could hang out with everyone.

In P4, you're friends everyone, and the characters feel that much closer. Also, P3 seemed like it was trying too hard to be "grim-dark." I enjoy the more light-heartedness of P4, with some dark parts thrown in there to mix things up.

Kikujiro

For me the melancholic mood of P3 is much better, maybe the story is not as engaging as P4, but it felt really well done, it didn't try to be anything too much complex. The music was perfect.

What I disliked about P4 is how the main character is treated like the perfect human being and everybody worships him.

For me the melancholic mood of P3 is much better, maybe the story is not as engaging as P4, but it felt really well done, it didn't try to be anything too much complex. The music was perfect.

What I disliked about P4 is how the main character is treated like the perfect human being and everybody worships him.

But he was peefect !!! And at the center of the party too.
All my stats were at max parametters

Dreamer RD

When I launch the game, it kicks me from PSN + controller turns off. After exiting game controller turns off again and PSN turns on. WTF? Anyone had this?

SxP

When I launch the game, it kicks me from PSN + controller turns off. After exiting game controller turns off again and PSN turns on. WTF? Anyone had this?

I have no experience with downloadable PS2 games, but my 60GB EU PS3 (which also uses software emulation) shuts down my controller and logs me out off PSN when I play a PS2 (disc) game.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
P3: FES wasn't published by Ghostlight; they did P3P only.

No, it's even worse. Koei published P3: FES over here. So the chances of it coming out on this side of the pond is somewhere between 0 and 1 percent. If you want P3: FES on your PS3, I advise you buy it from the US Store.

I'd keep your hopes up for Persona 4, however. That was a Square Enix release over here.

Alright, thanks for that. Didn't know Koei of all devs handled FES. I have the vanilla version which was brought here by Ghostlight I believe. Might look into creating a US account but I reckon those need different region point cards to work? Wouldn't buy Persona 4 on PS3 if it ever hits as I already own the game on PS2. I'd only be buying this game for the FES content.

Dreamer RD

Ah, so it's pretty common. Thanks for info, thought maybe game was fucked up during download or something (first time bought PS2 game from store and surprised because PS1 games dont do these things)

36 hours into the game and at n important event. My PS3 starts making noises and the game freezes. The music was still going, but no movement of my characters. My heart stopped for over 5 minutes before the game started again. It was terrifying. I'm now over 50 hours in, but still!

P3: FES wasn't published by Ghostlight; they did P3P only.

No, it's even worse. Koei published P3: FES over here. So the chances of it coming out on this side of the pond is somewhere between 0 and 1 percent. If you want P3: FES on your PS3, I advise you buy it from the US Store.

I'd keep your hopes up for Persona 4, however. That was a Square Enix release over here.

Square-Enix happened to publish Odin Sphere over here as well. Guess what I don't see in Europe :p

Max

I am not Max
Really late to the thread but, what are the chances of Nocturne showing up on PSN?

I might just pick FES up again at that price, I had 100+ hours on it, got to the last boss and could never defeat him. I'm thinking another playthough would allow me to actually think about the fusions I'm making, heh.

Ourobolus

Banned
I'm about to start this on my PS3. Any tips?

Try to make it as far as you can in one night. You want to make it to the barrier before getting tired.

Doing so will give you more time to spend on S Links. Also, S Links are best kept track of with a spreadsheet. :)

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Try to make it as far as you can in one night. You want to make it to the barrier before getting tired.

Doing so will give you more time to spend on S Links. Also, S Links are best kept track of with a spreadsheet. :)

I'm starting to remember why I stopped playing this game.

I would more say in P3 S Links don't really matter that much, so just do and say what you like. Playing with a walk through is not nearly as fun.

Use a guide if you want to see everything and will only be playing it once.

If you are just in for the ride, killing demons, getting the main plot, and are okay with only getting like 90% of the social links, it is totally cool to just wing it. But you will not see everything without a guide. They make spoiler free guides, too.

Not telling you how to play the game, just telling you how it is.

Top Bottom