• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Wow God's Beard, tried your "corner sweep" combo in training tonight, and WOW.
I still don't have it "in the hands" quite yet, but it's rather easy to do for A LOT of damage.
Add a Bufudyne at the end of it and you reach 4412 damage.
Add TWO Bufudyne at the end of it and you have a 5162 combo for 100 meter.

This is my number one combo to master! <3

thats still not a decent corner combo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vFotonThiU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBK4gVa1snQ

why am I helping the mitsu army?

Esura

Banned
Also, not going to lie, I like the little community here on NEOgaf around this game. Majority here rocking the PS3 or 360 copy?
Mostly PS3.

Everyone here is all chill and shit. Best spot to be for Arena right now imo.

You guys are too good and devolving what little play I have into mashing, haha.

Don't beat yourself up on it. You are the only one that can handle that Teddie shenanigans well after all. All these trap characters starting to be a pain, lol.

Oh, tip. Don't spam your Persona too much or you are going to get broken often. I wouldn't rely on that Furious Action too much either.

Afrocious

In the case I do get the game either today, tomorrow, or another time soon, please add me!

PSN: Afrodeeziyak

Just say you're from neogaf in the invite!

Esura

Banned
Wait...so the room doesn't pass off to another to be host when another leaves? Lame.

Anyways, good games Sarumanu, Lead, and bento. C'est magnefique (has no clue what this means)! I love Mitsuru. Simple to grasp but difficult to master, like Wesker (I remember someone making this comparison before too, think it was Q).

Wow God's Beard, tried your "corner sweep" combo in training tonight, and WOW.
I still don't have it "in the hands" quite yet, but it's rather easy to do for A LOT of damage.
Add a Bufudyne at the end of it and you reach 4412 damage.
Add TWO Bufudyne at the end of it and you have a 5162 combo for 100 meter.

This is my number one combo to master! <3

Yeah, but it's a corner-specific sweep combo. I only made it to see how her frame data works so I could tranfer it over to more practical stuff. Thankfully, the basic idea works across most situations. I'd focus on two combo skeletons, that one for the corner, and something to knock them into the corner from midscreen.

Remember, you can combo into sweep off of counterhit A, B or jB, and a charged B as well. This increases the combo damage to around 5050 with one bufudyne off a frame trap. You can also get most of the combo off a throw or all out attack if you use the D version. The big advantage is you get a great reset if you want it, just cancel the jab at the end into an all out attack or fake sweep into throw. You should be able to kill any character with a combo to knock them into the corner, frame trap into sweep combo then reset. So it's more important to work on those mixups and landing the hit midscreen.

Also, I'm noticing quite a few people playing the game with controllers. Is the game friendlier to controllers than MvC3 was? I know folks who'd argue I'm wrong about MvC3, but I felt some combos in the game were irritating on a controller. SF4 was worse.

I'm having a hard time with some challenges, but that is very likely due to my inexperience with fighting games.

Still stuck on challenge 17 of Aigis D:
Also checked every electronics and game story in my city, not a single Fight Stick to be found for PS3 ><

Sophia

Still got three spots left in my room, if anyone's interested. Message or befriend me because it's difficult to type your name when the PS3 and PC are hooked up to the same display. :p

Ken

I don't know if I should feel good or bad getting 2 ranked week1 IKs today as Labrys, and one of them was against a Naoto who was wrecking me in the third round and had full health until my IK.

Busaiku

Yeah, LeadProtagonist, you really need to stop throwing out Izanagi so freely like that.
I've broken it like in 1/2 the rounds we played.

Spent some more time on Naoto and I'm getting the hang of her. It's a little awkward that her gun requires a reverse qcf motion to activate, but it's no biggie. I may need a secondary character down the road, but she is surprisingly capable.

PSN: AzureRunner|NYC|Naoto/Akihiko
Feels like the game is running gimmicks instead of being honest. On top of that, I have VF, so my tolerance for stuff like this is pretty low right now.
Could you be more precise?

WHAT It skipped me again (I think)

How is people getting all these IKs off on people?

Are you guys playing against complete scrubs or something?

A whiffed attack from far away can get LK punished by characters like Yu and I have gotten a ton of people with Kanji's LK because of the invincible startup it has

LProtag

Izanagi's only supposed to come out on a hard knockdown following a sweep. Or if you're really good at reading failed techs.

Ken

Narukami's IK is actually pretty decent. Now if they're playing as anyone else.... yeeeah.

My first IK today was as Labrys against Elizabeth. I just threw it out full screen as she was spamming purple laser.

Second IK was against a decent Naoto. I think he's just never seen Labrys IK because he held back when it started but when onto the offense when nothing happened and didn't notice the projectile.

Shaffield

Just got word of a surprise day off of work tomorrow so ill be training all night and all day tomorrow. Maybe I won't embarrass myself in the Gaf tourney tomorrow night :p

I'll be on in an hour or so, hit me up if you need someone for combo practice (Jodash64 on PSN)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, yeah, I suck. At least I got one of the online trophies (play against all characters) out of the way from Junpei. Now that leaves leveling to 30 (hahahahahaha ;_____;) and C+ (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ;______;) along with 100 matches (doable, grind though) left and then I can give up on the game, I guess. :/

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It's only been two days! Don't give up so easily. Are you only using Akihiko?

I've tried everyone else and honestly, I like the way Akihiko plays but I have absolutely nothing against netcode input lag. Just shows why online achievements in fighting games are fucking stupid as you should be going to locals (which I don't because they're SRK kids). :/

Sophia

So, yeah, I suck. At least I got one of the online trophies (play against all characters) out of the way from Junpei. Now that leaves leveling to 30 (hahahahahaha ;_____;) and C+ (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ;______;) along with 100 matches (doable, grind though) left and then I can give up on the game, I guess. :/

You really need to not give up so easily. You keep losing because you've resigned yourself even before the match has begun. It's like when I fought you yesterday. You sat there and let me attack you.

Stop convincing yourself you're going to lose and play to win. It makes all the difference.

...Not even BB netcode can save anyone from HORRIBLE connections. Sheesh, that went at fucking 1ps at times -.-

Protip: If you've got a one bar connection let the introduction play fully. It will help.

Top Bottom