• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Noi

Aigis's instant kill is total garbage. I got desperate and used it in online just a second ago, and even I realized how much a waste of time it was. It's on par with Akihiko's for terribleness.

I dunno, Aki's has a slight edge in that it's easy to get it confused for Maziodyne in the heat of battle. I've had two Aki's get me with it cause of that, I kept blocking in front of them like an idiot waiting for the thunder to go off.
KuGsj.gif

kewlmyc

....I think I've fell in love with Kanji. I love playing as him. New main required. It sucks playing as him when fighting Yukiko/Elizabeth though.

Sophia

Dinner time, I'm auto passing for now.

Hey now, Akihiko's can maybe hit. Aigis' is a staight up \ and can be dashed under since it can only activate in mid-air.

Aki: 1
Aig: 0

If you get by Akihiko's instant kill, you better be playing Shadow Labrys and stuck in a corner, otherwise it's lawls.

Aigis's instant kill is too situational, too difficult to pull off because of the air requirement, and far too punishable.

I dunno, Aki's has a slight edge in that it's easy to get it confused for Maziodyne in the heat of battle. I've had two Aki's get me with it cause of that, I kept blocking in front of them like an idiot waiting for the thunder to go off.
KuGsj.gif

True. Once you recognize it, it's pretty easy to avoid tho. I'm not sure who I was playing with, but they used it while I was playing as Aigis... >_>;

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I've got so many matchups to get used to.

Just played a good Aigis and, aside from the one time she stumbled into the corner to let me melt her face, she ran circles around me. Against certain characters, Akihiko is just sitting there watching and waiting for the impending asswhooping.

Esura

Banned
Thanks for the tips on IKs guys!

And good game to the peeps I played. Don't understand how I got passed though but oh well. Gives me time to order some pizza. For some reason, playing this getting me in the VF mood.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
*sigh* it's like this game doesn't know what hitstun is . . .

OMG I know. Going into a combo and ending with a throw is NOT POSSIBLE for Akihiko with hitstunning into a throw it seems. Pisses me off so much.

How do you raise your rank anyway? I'm still F-. :/

Noi

And good game to the peeps I played. Don't understand how I got passed though but oh well. Gives me time to order some pizza. For some reason, playing this getting me in the VF mood.

It's supposed to be 3 wins to pass yet it passes at every other victory. It's weird.

Well, I'm getting a little flustered in Ranked, but I should learn to calm down... all the people I fought just used autocombo and I started to learn their pattern after a little while. I, uh, also suck at using Aki's dodges again!

OMG I know. Going into a combo and ending with a throw is NOT POSSIBLE for Akihiko with hitstunning into a throw it seems. Pisses me off so much.

I just lost my first match and won the next two to rank up. Each match was still an F- like myself. (Ranked)

Sophia

It's supposed to be 3 wins to pass yet it passes at every other victory. It's weird.

Yeah I have no idea what's up with that, but I won't set it again, that's for sure.

Win ranked games, essentially.

Quadratic

Fun times in the room tonight. Sorry I'm not a good Chie to play against. Hopefully a weekend in the lab can get my skills up to you guys.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
ranked battle? I'm F+ after a few matches.

I'm trying to get to C so I can forget the numbers exist and worry about grinding out levels to 30, but it seems like even if I win
1 match out of 500 because I suck at fighting games
, I'm still an F-. I have no clue how the hell you level it up or unlock titles. :/

I'm trying to get to C so I can forget the numbers exist and worry about grinding out levels to 30, but it seems like even if I win
1 match out of 500 because I suck at fighting games
, I'm still an F-. I have no clue how the hell you level it up or unlock titles. :/

I dunno but I've only lost one match so far so maybe % is part of it?

Sooo many spamming Elizabeths ugh

This is the match I lost :-(

So close, too.

ಠ_ಠ

My heart starts racing and then I forget everything I bothered to learn. ):

Though I guess it doesn't matter yet since I've been playing autocombo players and they're easy to beat once you get the pattern down. =/ Air 5C into Kill Rush -> Boomerang Hook -> Corkscrew. Bait and repeat.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Because people you play suck at the moment. Why are you doing her auto combo -.-
Exactly. Eventually you're going to have to learn how to use her other moves when the people you play figure out how to block or get around her beam.

Don't use her autocombo. Stop wasting meter and do something else after the ice part.

I kinda hate storymode. Not enough fights, too much garbage talking. Especially the P4 characters since they already were boring, but reading pages and pages of their ridiculous monologues and the same Junes scene in 4 storylines was just too much.

I wish this was P3 Arena. #P3worlddomination2012

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Sorry man, went out. Back now, Will be down for a lobby in about 20 min.

Is that a challenge I hear?

Sorry man, I gotta call it a night. If I get sucked in again, I'll be up til tomorrow.

I'll be able to play all day tomorrow though. Probably gonna try my luck with another character too. I like Akihiko, but goddamn - even when I get going with him and stop overthinking basic shit, I just end up looking up at Yosukes and Aigisships and getting bombed.

Sorry man, I gotta call it a night. If I get sucked in again, I'll be up til tomorrow.

I'll be able to play all day tomorrow though. Probably gonna try my luck with another character too. I like Akihiko, but goddamn - even when I get going with him and stop overthinking basic shit, I just end up looking up at Yosukes and Aigisships and getting bombed.

Yosuke is some scary shit.

Match starts and next thing you know you are in the air getting styled on....hard.

somebody that sucks wanna play? ._.

I'm down.

PSN:Roynell317

Top Bottom