• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

NO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FUCK YOU SS RANK TEDDIE I WANT MY POINTS

...so close TT_TT

Lol, no worries man. alot of these gaf rooms are like that, we're all just testing out these combos on each other.

Its just a grind, totally necessary. I'm sure next time I play a Labrys I'll know what to look for :D

Alright then, I just wanted to make sure. It's just that every time I get a win I get flashbacks of when my friends stopped playing fighting games with me. :(

So no GAF rooms on PSN? Guess I'll head off to story mode for a while then.

What's your psn? About to mass invite some people.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Now you know!

There's also a small window afterwards where Naoto gets out of the IK and is stuck in animation where you're free to do terrible things.

Good to know about the punish window. Early game is going to be fumbling around with match-ups and getting hit by unfamiliar stuff.

Ken

This and this and this.

Learn about her axe levels. Basic BnB's for leveing the axe to 5.

Levels 1-5 1) 5AAAA
2) 5A>5B>A+B(sweep)>214A
Levels 4-5 1)5AA>5A>5B>sj5B>j5C>214B
2)5A>5B>236A-AB(Spskill)>5AA>5AAAA

Any of these can be ended with Moujuu C or D. Moujuu D is the ender you use for Red Axe combo's because it uses up your axe level to increase the damage. Moujuu C doesn't and only does 3 hits.

Level 5 combo's in the combo thread. You basically want to build to level 5(red) so you can do your best combo's for over 5k damage per combo.

Thanks!

I think I'm not taking advantage of the extra hit stun from the higher level axes and am just doing combos for Level 1-3. I also get flustered easily in a match.

Any tips for when to activate 236236D after j214A/B? I threw a game against a FC Hak because I whiffed the special completely. @_@

Really going to have to hit the practice room. Tried two player matches with Labrys and did not do well at all. >_<

I'm planning on making her and Mitsuru my mains and I'm especially going to have to focus on Mitsuru because of her charges.

Busaiku

Anyone wanna send an invite to Sarumanu?

Also great stuff TWILT.
Just can't handle your Yu.
I need to learn how to use items.

Anyone wanna send an invite to Sarumanu?

Also great stuff TWILT.
Just can't handle your Yu.
I need to learn how to use items.

I will after this match is over.

I have no idea the timing for that axe, haha.

You mean the long charge up one(Brutal Impact)?

I've gotten a few people with it the first time I've used it in a match. It's unblockable after the charge up so you need to jump or super jump out of the way. It's very punishable though.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Alright then, I just wanted to make sure. It's just that every time I get a win I get flashbacks of when my friends stopped playing fighting games with me. :(

What's your psn? About to mass invite some people.
Could you send one to makinamimari if there's still room?

LProtag

Thanks for the games guys. I need to head to the lab and practice comboing off some moves I just realize I have no idea how to combo off of.

Sophia

Wow, the timing on Aigis's D abilities (5D, 2D, j.D j.2D) are harsh. I did discover an awesome defensive strategy to use against attacks like Ziodyne, but it's timing is really difficult to pull off. Not something I'll be able to consistently do in a match (yet...)

Training mode is <3

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Well, I got worked big time. Need to hit the training mode some more before I venture online again I think.

K.Sabot

People need to realize I'm in training mode while waiting for a match, and going back to the lobby isn't instant.

Also, someone fight me and my fraudulence.
if my NAT allows me

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, the timing on Aigis's D abilities (5D, 2D, j.D j.2D) are harsh. I did discover an awesome defensive strategy to use against attacks like Ziodyne, but it's timing is really difficult to pull off. Not something I'll be able to consistently do in a match (yet...)

Training mode is <3
Throw out 2D after a knockdown. Midscreen it lets you combo into double megido air setup (hard with high latency). In the corner it helps you pressure and beats most reversals if you block on their wakeup.

Use 5D from mid/fullscreen and defend it with either 214 cannons and/or 2b while dashing forward.

5D is a great tool to close distance from fullscreen, but you have to make sure you're far enough that your opponent can't instant airdash or something and instantly persona break you before you get it out.

Sophia

Throw out 2D after a knockdown. Midscreen it lets you combo into double megido air setup (hard with high latency). In the corner it helps you pressure and beats most reversals if you block on their wakeup.

Use 5D from mid/fullscreen and defend it with either 214 cannons and/or 2b while dashing forward.

5D is a great tool to close distance from fullscreen, but you have to make sure you're far enough that your opponent can't instant airdash or something and instantly persona break you before you get it out.

Yup, I can see 2D being insanely useful for knockdowns.

Also I must give Arc Systems Works credit. The AI is insanely good and is actually appears to be not falling for it at times.

LProtag

I really need to work on my combos in a match situation. Way too many times when I'm trying to combo into a 214D it ends up coming out 5D and Izanagi gets exposed.

I know it's boring but I think tomorrow's just going to be an execution day. Like, hours of combos.

I guess since I'm new to fighters this shouldn't be unexpected.

Steaks

Got to 200+ PSR with 2 losses :|

Someone play my Mitsuru tomorrow, Kanji's super boring online.

I much prefer 1v1 rooms, since waiting to play a match is boring :(

Finally. Let's go! Who wants to scrub it up with me? Haha.

dd34eaa5.jpg

Grifter

Do Athena's counters absorb a hit, then rematerialize and become vulnerable? Or can you hit it twice and kill it before it starts attacking?

These combos are hard. Should've have been scared off my Naoto's countdown when I started out.

Sophia

Do Athena's counters absorb a hit, then rematerialize and become vulnerable? Or can you hit it twice and kill it before it starts attacking?

These combos are hard. Should've have been scared off my Naoto's countdown when I started out.

If the counter is up (look at her shield, it should have air on it) then it absorbs all hits that you throw at it. With 5D, there's a period of time when it first appears (half a second maybe at best?) where it's vulnerable, and a period before it disappears where it's vulnerable. 2D is invincible almost instantly. If you can attack it again after hitting it's counter, it'll probably still hit you (or you'll block it, whatever) but it'll take a Persona card off.

Grifter

If the counter is up (look at her shield, it should have air on it) then it absorbs all hits that you throw at it. With 5D, there's a period of time when it first appears (half a second maybe at best?) where it's vulnerable, and a period before it disappears where it's vulnerable. 2D is invincible almost instantly. If you can attack it again after hitting it's counter, it'll probably still hit you (or you'll block it, whatever) but it'll take a Persona card off.

Thanks. The counters are actually the last thing I'm learning due to their delays, but I'd like to use them in strings to set up the opposite side-C or even sphere flame from a distance.

Lies, that was completely free.

You were starting to catch on to my tricks. That's why I started trying to go for complete rushdown towards the end.

I haven't played Teddie yet so I can't give any tips related to him other than maybe working on some longer combo's and trying to keep the enemy pressured. I find people tend to make more mistakes when you are on them constantly.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I opened it... the deed is done.

*edit*
My game is double wrapped, so I guess I didn't open it. hahahahaha

Top Bottom