• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

ZhFjH.png
9Rdi6.png

Will one of these do?

Hope its ok I took this one!

Grecco

Are the impressions of the Japanese version or American SKU? Will wait for impressions on US SKU before going nuts

LTWheels

Yeah, seeing a few posts in my feed about it now. This sucks, my friend is getting it is on 360 but I am not about to subject myself to shit netcode just to play with him. Decisions :/

It's probably more of the case that there are much less people playing the 360 version in Japan, so in matchmaking it has less choices when searching for a good connection compared to the PS3 version. Anyhow we will wait and see.

Beckx

Well hrm. Hopefully we'll hear more about the 360 netcode issues before August 7. I don't want to buy the inferior version in the hopes of a patch, that's a recipe for tears.

vocab

Just curious, does plinking work in this game. Anybody who plays SF4 should be familiar with that term. Ever since I've been playing on a stick, I've been plinking, and that's what I've been doing for over 2 years now. I don't know if I can break the habit so easily. So does it work in this game?

God I hope not.

It's probably more of the case that there are much less people playing the 360 version in Japan, so in matchmaking it has less choices when searching for a good connection compared to the PS3 version. Anyhow we will wait and see.

Whoa! Hold up, are you telling me that JP players will be in NA selection pools/lobbies?

JiSEL.jpg

Snakeyes

Just curious, does plinking work in this game. Anybody who plays SF4 should be familiar with that term. Ever since I've been playing on a stick, I've been plinking, and that's what I've been doing for over 2 years now. I don't know if I can break the habit so easily. So does it work in this game?

From what I've read, plinking might work but it's fairly useless because this game has little to no tight links and there's also some kind of buffer system that helps with the timing.

Good riddance, SF4 may have brought fighters back into the mainstream but it's full of questionable mechanics which makes it a pretty dodgy game overall.

Venfayth

Good riddance, SF4 may have brought fighters back into the mainstream but it's full of questionable mechanics which makes it a pretty dodgy game overall.

Some of them are borderline glitches, like armor cancelling, makotos axe kick kara thing, etc

So after hearing about this game I went out and picked up both Persona 3 FES and Persona 4 to try and get some background info on the characters beforehand, now the thing is about 3 or 4 weeks ago my friend lent me his Persona 3 (not FES) and I played through the first 5 or 6 hours. Is it worth it to go through those 5 or 6 hours in FES or should I borrow it again till I finish?

So after hearing about this game I went out and picked up both Persona 3 FES and Persona 4 to try and get some background info on the characters beforehand, now the thing is about 3 or 4 weeks ago my friend lent me his Persona 3 (not FES) and I played through the first 5 or 6 hours. Is it worth it to go through those 5 or 6 hours in FES or should I borrow it again till I finish?

FES. Just grit your teeth and plow through the 5 hours again and you'll never regret it

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
It's a repsonse to be poor design of SF4's control system. It's really hard to get inputs right though, all games have their issues , except Divekick.
8/10

Seeing all the net play gloom and doom makes me happy that NJ has a fairly strong animu fighter community.
Gotta level up offline if the netcode turns out to be poo.

Seeing all the net play gloom and doom makes me happy that NJ has a fairly strong animu fighter community.
Gotta level up offline if the netcode turns out to be poo.
Same here

I'm sure St1ckbug will be running P4A alongside GG, BB and SG in NYC. We got some real variety in our scene nowadays!
No! I have 360 sticks!

What are the odds of a patch fixing this lag?
Pretty damn good considering BBCT went from bad netcode to the best thing 2D fighters have seen since GGPO in the span of a week.

Same here

I'm sure St1ckbug will be running P4A alongside GG, BB and SG. We got some real variety in our scene nowadays!

I really wish I could make it out to TSB events but dem train prices (round trip to NYC from my place is like $30) keep me stuck in NJ.

Hopefully when September rolls around I'll be able to take the bus to NYC from my college fo' cheap and get in on that TSB action.

Yuripaw

Banned
The game is not very good. My least favorite Persona game, and my least favorite SMT style game period. Nothing ever happens, and it just draggggggggggggggggggggggggggggs.

Agreed. I have already stated this many times, so I'm starting to feel like a broken record. I just hate Persona 3 when I played it. The visual and music style is still good, but I don't like the characters nearly as much, the story doesn't seem very coherent. I felt like there was no one I could connect with, or even relate to. Nothing happens most of the game, and the dungeon is so tedious and boring to play through

Persona 4 has a similar formula, but it just does everything right. The characters are great, and relatable. The story is fun and engaging. The dungeons are varied, and at least give you a good reason for wanting to go through them.

It's fortunate that I didn't completely dismiss Persona 4 because of my lack of interest in Persona 3. At first when I saw Persona 4 was coming, I was like "meh, I don't give a shit, P3 sucked"...I'm glad I eventually gave P4 a try, because it's easily one of my favorite games ever.

Tizoc

Guys need your help:
Does Asia ver. of the game work on a JPN PS3?

Also add me to the list plz-
PSN: Tizoc789
Characters: Kanji

Skipped BB CSEX but I'll be picking this one up a little bit after launch. No time to play right now, but I love me some ASW.

Hsein-Ko'd.

I was thinking more my namesake =V...and to an extent Tager =_=.

Never bought skullgirls and bluerei convinced me of buying this one.
YO ANIME! (I know nothing about the franchise or the arcade release though)

I don't get this 'anime fighter' term. Skullgirls plays a balanced MvC2.

Astral

The fact that you only have to hold down on a button to recover is fucking great. I can't count the number of times I've been countered in Blazblue because the game makes you mash buttons to recover in the air. I hope they go with holding down the button in the next BB.

Infinite

The fact that you only have to hold down on a button to recover is fucking great. I can't count the number of times I've been countered in Blazblue because the game makes you mash buttons to recover in the air. I hope they go with holding down the button in the next BB.

Same. I can't tell how many times I also got air thrown reset because of that as well.

Top Bottom