• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Arena Sequel Announced [Japanese arcade-only update for now]

Fuck that, nerf everybody else that isn't Akihiko-senpai. Buff Akihiko-senpai. Introduce Minato, Yukari, and Junpei
and Kuromaru
. All my moneys.

Akihiko is already grossly overpowered. He needs a nice big smack with the nerf bat.

Junpei on the other hand needs to be SSS+ tier.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'll be willing to accept an Akihiko buff if you're actually willing to learn to play the game.

Sure. But first I want Akihiko to actually be viable against the cast. Which he isn't with that Persona attack. I can see where they were going with him but when he's fighting 9/10 Persona users (the 1 being a mirror) what is the point of a magnet pull? If they changed that to where Akihiko gained Magnet from a super or a special and made him half-Tager while giving him a better Persona strong attack, I'd be in business.

You mean Makoto.

No, I mean Minato. I don't mean underboob squirrel girls.

Atlus should've had official names day one if they wanted me to adopt them.

Busaiku

Uh, no, it's a real thing.

i0IyDxJX2ZYof.gif

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Not really, Arc System Works still has more say, nothing was too off when Atlus got dissolved to Index, besides the outlook is pretty good as the interest from other holdings is pretty legit.

I don't know how ArcSys has more say when Atlus owns the IP and was the publisher for P4A vanilla in America. Atlus USA might not even exist after Index is sold and the new owners might not want to see a western localization for this.

Shinjiro. Junpei is too whiny and an idiot. He thought he was leader material when he was really nowhere close.

Shinjiro's cool, but he's nowhere near as deep a character as Junpei. Junpei's arc stemmed from his inferiority complex and abusive family both literally and metaphorically beating him down at every chance, which made him feel the need to act bigger than he was to mask his insecurities. By the end of the game he's developed into a more mature person who does well at school (check the scores on the last test) and supports his friends without feeling the need to be the centre of attention. I go into more detail on it here if you're interested.

TheSeks

Oh I thought this was a DLC initially. Maybe not getting P4A was worth it for me after all?

If they include story mode from P4U1, then yes. Otherwise you're missing a "chapter" of the story like BB:CS1/2 did going from CT before CS:EXtend happened.

Onemic

Sure. But first I want Akihiko to actually be viable against the cast. Which he isn't with that Persona attack. I can see where they were going with him but when he's fighting 9/10 Persona users (the 1 being a mirror) what is the point of a magnet pull? If they changed that to where Akihiko gained Magnet from a super or a special and made him half-Tager while giving him a better Persona strong attack, I'd be in business.

He is though. In my sessions with you it's pretty clear that you dimply don't understand how to play the character. What you're asking for is that he pretty much play completely different than he does in P4A(A rushdown character based on reading the opponent)

cj_iwakura

I don't know how ArcSys has more say when Atlus owns the IP and was the publisher for P4A vanilla in America. Atlus USA might not even exist after Index is sold and the new owners might not want to see a western localization for this.

They would be pretty crazy to weaken the Persona brand by denying a new game in the series a global release. I wouldn't worry.

alstein

They'll want to see a localization because the bulk of sales of the game was in the US. They'll probably be stupid about it and delay it so long that folks will be on the PS4, especially in Europe, but they'll do it.

Squire

Banned
Persona 4
Persona 4: Golden
Persona 4: The Anime
Persona 4: Arena
Persona 4: Arena 2

prior to that it was

Persona 3
Persona 3: FES
Persona 3: Portable

I know you guys like it, but let's be honest. This cash cow is being milked dry.

LOL. Thanks for understanding.

Now lets really be honest: No it's not.

Milking something is putting out products made with little effort repeatedly just because the name commands attention and generates money.

Atlus isn't doing that. Everything you just cited is generally considered to be pretty good (if not great), with maybe the exception of P4's anime.

Rhapsody

Banned
Akihiko's good, and he doesn't need to rely on his Persona. Magnet pull is for some corner safe jump mixups after oki if you don't want to spend meter.
j.C is slow but it's actually pretty good. The attack has body property instead of head, iirc, so it's more difficult to anti air with normals

He's definitely viable against the cast. Good damage and fast normals.

TheSeks

He is though. In my sessions with you it's pretty clear that you dimply don't understand how to play the character. What you're asking for is that he pretty much play completely different than he does in P4A(A rushdown character based on reading the opponent)

Sure, but playing him as a rushdown based on reading the opponent when the rest of the cast can derp-mode with their Personas is pointless. That's my point: When he's playing 9/10 Persona users that can basically lock down without having to "read," why make a read character? Might as well change them to be like the rest of the cast.

Toski

If I'm reading it right, his only actual Raging Lion is A now with B being a feint.

That makes more sense. I'm fine with nerfing his divekick with a command grab as a trade off, he'll still have a good mix up game. Now they need to make DPs air blockable and I'll be good.

Squire

Banned
you guys think there is any chance of a cross gen release?

I doubt they can spend like that. It'll be either or. Probably a choice between PS3 and 4. Not counting on 360 bring in the picture after CP, but I guess it could happen if Atlus wants it and will pay.

LOL. Thanks for understanding.

Now lets really be honest: No it's not.

Milking something is putting out products made with little effort repeatedly just because the name commands attention and generates money.

Atlus isn't doing that. Everything you just cited is generally considered to be pretty good (if not great), with maybe the exception of P4's anime.

If that's what makes you feel better, alright.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Atlus is their most profitable branch. Again. They'd be crazy.

It's the most profitable branch because it's well-ran. If a company that isn't really in the gaming industry and isn't interested in being in the gaming industry buys Index, they could see Index's non-gaming assets as more valuable if they're handled the right way. It's not that black and white.

It's the most profitable branch because it's well-ran. If a company that isn't really in the gaming industry and isn't interested in being in the gaming industry buys Index, they could see Index's non-gaming assets as more valuable if they're handled the right way.

I'd hate to see Microsoft buy Atlus :(

@jiyunaJP

Narukami new move: 236a or b
A: Short dash then slice
B: Short dash then throw

Top Bottom