• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 The Golden (Vita) - Opening animation revealed

Not happy

it's a nice opening and it showcase the new things toward the end but the original intro is miles better ...

I wasn't worried since the animation studio managed to get 2 excellent intros for the anime...but i can't help but being disapointed..

Persona7

Banned
Original is vastly superior.

I am still mad about the shitty new backgrounds in some areas and Chie getting a new voice actress.

I'll wait on a price drop.

I have no idea what they're saying.

Just a guess, around the second verse her English pronunciation takes a turn for the worse:

Truth, is illusive, it's no way to be found.
Yeah the truth can never be pretend.
That it's not in any magazine, you can't see it on your tv screen.

Truth, isn't easy boy you might drop the facts.
Gotta stretch it and forget it all.
Cross right over, you can slash the world and why
The only truth that you can ever find is in Inaba!
And so the sky doesn't rain and need
To find what's near the cover up.

"No one can be without a truth I know, so let's get together and see what we can uncover."

One, that defines your world is your truth in life.
One, yeah it's selves special and light will guide your way through the shadow world.

I like how except for one person, everyone only compared it to p3 or p4 products, not p1 or p2. I like it, but I like the original better, no probs, you only look at the intro once or twice then just skip it to play anyways..

Mzo

I like how except for one person, everyone only compared it to p3 or p4 products, not p1 or p2. I like it, but I like the original better, no probs, you only look at the intro once or twice then just skip it to play anyways..
P1 and 2 are violently different from 3 and 4.

randomkid

That intro hahaha oh man, like a cross between epileptic seizures and some Elaine Benes right there. I'm assuming it's supposed to be goofy on purpose?

As much as I enjoyed playing P4, as the years go by I remember its flaws more than its strengths, and I care about these characters less and less. I don't know if it's all the multimedia junk or fan stuff that's souring me but it's unfortunate.

I'm pretty sure the VO is different for this game, too. People were lamenting it in the last thread.

I dunno, NichM never stated otherwise IIRC - also, going back and retro-VOing all of Tracy's original dialogue would be a pretty big undertaking right? Hmmm, it'll make the PS2 version very significant as a collectable.

Also, the new Chie VO is pretty great, she was Erika in Catherine. Pretty good delivery on lines in that game.

Please, oh please, can anybody confirm the voice cast for the game?

Chie is confirmed to have been replaced from an offhand comment by an Atlus staff member (something about recording lines with a new Chie). Teddie is still up in the air, we know he is gone for Arena and probably the anime but Atlus have been coy about it, only stating the change of Teddie's voice in Arena is not necessarily reflective of Golden.

Trigger

I didn't care for it. The original was catchier and stylish. This one is fun, but just too saccharine sweet for my tastes.

Meh, not a fan. The second P4 Anime intro is leagues better. They should have just used that.

I've always thought that opening never really fit the tone of P4 very well. Way too They Live for my taste. The only thing that would be less appropriate is the anime ending theme, which makes me burst out laughing every time I hear it. I can't find it on youtube, but here's someone playing it on the piano. The actual ending just has cards floating around the hero while he looks angry.

cj_iwakura

Cute, but in no way superior to the original. Lacks the punch and impact.

I watched P4's OP so many times when it debuted.

Once for this was enough.

Tamanon

Banned
I loved the second P4 Anime song itself, opening was meh.

This one's fun. Remember, the original one is going to be there also, they generally keep them both for variety.

BTW, do we know what the new girl is there for yet? Now that we know at least it's Velvet Room stuff. Maybe a better quest system?

It wasn't bad. It could just be them all dancing the whole time and that would make it even better.

Of course, it just can't compare to the original OP. Mostly cause of that awesome piano intro.

Bladenic

Dat catchy song. Dat dancing. Dat Kanji and Rise.

Reminds me that I still need to beat the final boss of P4 and
get the true ending.

Top Bottom