• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cripterion

These comments make zero sense to me.

I started the game and put the Japanese dialog on. During the first fight I get all characters talking at once and can barely make anything of what they're saying, all their audio tracks are mixed together. And then in some portions I get girls voice "saying something" but there is no audio.

I restarted the game in English and problem is gone, is the Japanese VA DLC borked?

Which difficult should I pick?

For reference, I found vanilla normal 4 to be manageable to difficult at first. Golden and Portable 3rd on Normal were on the easy side.

Which one is closer to vanilla 4 Normal?

I thought the screenshot feature was supposed to be disabled. I'm seemingly able to take screens in the intro parts just fine, if they start by letting you take pictures then block it later, that's an even bigger dick move :-/

Anyway, here's some from the starting 2 minutes form my Pro. Too bad it doesn't have any Pro upgrades.

Does turning on boost even make any difference? Probably nothing substantial right?

Kalentan

Did uh... They change Igors voice? He sounds a lot deeper than I remember... Then again did he ever have a voice actor in P4?

Any good name recommendations, or is there a default name at least?

It's in the OP.

Akira Kurusu
, which the Protag's name in the manga. Usually not the official name.

Did uh... They change Igors voice? He sounds a lot deeper than I remember... Then again did he ever have a voice actor in P4?

Igor's Japanese voice actor passed away, so they replaced him, and also replaced the English voice actor.

Strings

Which difficult should I pick?

For reference, I found vanilla normal 4 to be manageable to difficult at first. Golden and Portable 3rd on Normal were on the easy side.

Which one is closer to vanilla 4 Normal?

Probably hard? I was finding normal too easy, so swapped over to hard and it's been pretty fun since.

Dude, Igor sounded like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMJ6jTqMtpw

So yeah, much different now :p Was thinking I'd hate the new take, but the weird little effect they've added to the end of his sentences is pleasingly otherworldy, and I'm digging it.

Stencil

Played for 1h20m. So is the coffee shop in Shibuya? Or where does this game take place, if there is a real world analog?

Mr. F

Banned
One thing that's throwing me a bit is the VO sounds kind of...compressed? It's weird, other sounds and music are fine but S' are kind of hissy

Kalentan

You know all of these people are being such assholes.

You know what? I'm going to be the best goddamn student. Of all time. Ha!

Shows them!

I had this digitally pre-ordered but for some reason it won't let me download the game. Ugh. Da fuq is going on?

Dammit. So apparently I didn't have enough HDD room for my digital preorder to download. I had 50GB free yet the game is only about 25GB, not sure why I had to delete some stuff but it's downloading now.

Fuck, have to wait like 3 hours now.

BBboy20

K2uoPP7.jpg

I started the game and put the Japanese dialog on. During the first fight I get all characters talking at once and can barely make anything of what they're saying, all their audio tracks are mixed together. And then in some portions I get girls voice "saying something" but there is no audio.

I restarted the game in English and problem is gone, is the Japanese VA DLC borked?

Oh idk. I thought you were referring to the dub quality.

artsi

One thing that's throwing me a bit is the VO sounds kind of...compressed? It's weird, other sounds and music are fine but S' are kind of hissy

Someone else mentioned that, but I didn't notice it with JP version. Did they fuck up the localized audio?

Kalentan

Damn they really upped the budget for this! Maybe my memory is wrong but in Persona 4 the anime cutscenes were not common at all and yet the constant anime cutscenes in this are awesome. :O

cripterion

The game is definitely bugged with the Japanese DLC, getting hit sounds during the a cutscene when my character isn't even getting hit, multiple characters talking at once and doesn't even fit the dialog, for fucks sake. And the sound quality is actually pretty bad.

Like when you dash there's no sound for it?

Restarting the game a fourth time in English...

jacobeid

Banned
I slightly feel bad, all these long-awaited games or games that people thought would never come out (Nier: A, FFXV, Zelda, P5, etc.) are finally coming out, and I'm just a guy that only recently became aware of the majority of them.

You're lucky! GR2 is the game I wanted the most for the longest time, in addition to all of the games you listed. Still haven't played FFXV despite owning it though :/

I'm getting some overscan in this game. For instance the Atlus copyright on the title screen is almost completely cut off. Never had this problem before.

Nose Master

There any way to turn off the HUD, or customize it? I don't need any of this shit up the entire time I'm running around town, and it's so big.

aravuus

Alright, off to give my presentation real quick, then it's back home and I should be able to play for the rest of the day. It's no weekend, but it'll do!

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
The game is definitely bugged with the Japanese DLC, getting hit sounds during the a cutscene when my character isn't even getting hit, multiple characters talking at once and doesn't even fit the dialog, for fucks sake. And the sound quality is actually pretty bad.

Like when you dash there's no sound for it?

Restarting the game a fourth time in English...

That definitely sounds like it's glitched. Here's what the opening should sound like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zae9033XP7A
I would say to try and delete and reinstall the game + the DLC. Yeah, it sucks, but someone on Twitter mentioned they were having a glitch with the dual audio, and that fixed it.

Kalentan

I do hope they release a pro patch. While the character models do look great... There is a bit too many low res textures for my liking.. More so when you're supposed to look at them for directions in the city.

So apparently there is this free DLC that lets you play some kind of super hard mode? Is it not recommended for a first run through, or is it more designed for NG+?

So apparently there is this free DLC that lets you play some kind of super hard mode? Is it not recommended for a first run through, or is it more designed for NG+?
I hate myself and needed an excuse to play this version after over a hundred on the JP version.

It's not TOO bad right now, but given how you eat resources I doubt it's the case for long.

RDreamer

Man what's up with this guy that's taking care of you, lol. From like a half hour in:
Usually men can't sit in his passenger's seat, and he makes it a habit of not saving guys phone numbers in his phone? Little homophobic much, man? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom