• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Zafir

Guys, am I under-leveled?

I'm at the
seventh
palace (near end-game) and having difficulty taking on the boss of that area - specifically,
the Beast of Human Sacriifce.

Right now, my party is on average lvl 59-60 -- I'm getting destroyed by
the Wage War-Rage inducing move, because almost all of my party members will fall for it, including the main protagonist, who will then wail on the boss and get slaughtered by their own physical damage.

Do I need to grind up some levels?

I was around the same level on normal.
Just grab yourself a physical block persona to equip on your main character. It doesn't matter as much if other party members die. Honestly the start bit is the hardest part of that fight, it gets significantly easier, so just tough the first 1/3 out.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Outside of that then, am I correct?

1. Chihaya Rank Up when available
  2. Proficiency Up (With Chihaya Buff) up when not available (Iwai/Otherwise)
  3. Haru Rank Up when available
Or should I not bother with Chihaya like you said, Papercuts?

If you're not doing anything at night otherwise it certainly wouldn't hurt to go for either way, but yeah that seems fine. If Sojiro is the only person you're focusing on (and are super far with) you have a ton of night time open for it since your other ones are all daytime.

If you're not doing anything at night otherwise it certainly wouldn't hurt to go for either way, but yeah that seems fine. If Sojiro is the only person you're focusing on (and are super far with) you have a ton of night time open for it since your other ones are all daytime.

So, in doing this, I'll be able to max Makoto, Takemi, Futaba, Yusuke, and Haru from where I have them with space to spare?

Extra night time slots will probably be put towards Hifumi, since I have her at Rank 7.

If so, thanks a ton - I'll do just that.

BBboy20

tbh any story about the weak and disenfranchised beating the shit out of their oppressors is 100% my jam and I can't even tell you how much I enjoy P5 for this.
Considering we live in Trump's Palace, we need this more then ever.

"Phantom Pot".

...nice ring to it.
azRe4E.gif

I feel like I've been reborn as a new man after securing a Palace infiltration route in a single day. Holy hell that was tough. Victory is sweet.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So I've heard, I feel people in persona tier list always put too much emphasis on end game. Of course I use everyone evenly so :V

its weird to me to talk about end game in rpgs as if they are mmos :eek:

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
So, in doing this, I'll be able to max Makoto, Takemi, Futaba, Yusuke, and Haru from where I have them with space to spare?

Extra night time slots will probably be put towards Hifumi, since I have her at Rank 7.

If so, thanks a ton - I'll do just that.

I actually had a save around then that I reloaded to look. At 11/10 my stuff was

Ann - 10
Ryuji - 10
Makoto - 8
Haru - 1
Yusuke - 7
Sojiro - 9
Futaba - 8
Chihaya - 9
Twins - 10
Iwai - 6
Ohya - 4
Shinya - 4
Tae - 10
Hifumi - 7
Mishima - 10

Had Guts and Prophiciency at 4 at the time, I maxed the stats and everyone out by the end of the game from here. Though that was with Fortune abuse, but still, comparing the ones you're getting to this I don't think you'll even be sweating over the time that much.

rucury

Banned
So is there a consensus on things you "gotta remember to prioritize"? I know that there are two confidants which are supposedly very useful, being
the politician and the death doctor
. Aside from that I read that (Palace 2 spoiler)
you should make a lot of lockpicks for this palace

MIN/MAX STRATS A GO GO

its weird to me to talk about end game in rpgs as if they are mmos :eek:

It'd be one thing if Persona games had like massive 10-20 hour end game optional dungeons with tons of crazy super bosses. Even on ng+ with the hardest difficulty you still have to relevel everyone so even if say Makoto is best end game is she worth using over say Morgana in palaces 3-5 when he can out heal her and do comparable damage?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So is there a consensus on things you "gotta remember to prioritize"? I know that there are two confidants which are supposedly very useful, being

MIN/MAX STRATS A GO GO

Becky
is up there as a must max asap confidant imo. Dat

Guess Who

Banned
It'd be one thing if Persona games had like massive 10-20 hour end game optional dungeons with tons of crazy super bosses. Even on ng+ with the hardest difficulty you still have to relevel everyone so even if say Makoto is best end game is she worth using over say Morgana in palaces 3-5 when he can out heal her and do comparable damage?

she's also best because her persona is a motorcycle and she yells FISTS OF JUSTICE, which morgana ain't got shit on

Mid October / Late October
I feel like the biggest loser not being able to do anything at night and being forced to read books (non stat ones because all of my stats are maxed) since I can't go to Mementos and progress my Confidants. Haru taking a week off is screwing me over. So frustrating

MIN/MAX STRATS A GO GO

In terms of efficiency the best slinks are
fortune: gives a boost to social stats or slink exp,massively reducing the amount of times you need to do nothing with people to advance their slink or do non slink activities

Temperance: gives you extra free time to read and eventually the ability to not lose your evening time slot after a dungeon

Sun: enables you to get a lot more money from negotiations and both of the above slinks are fairly expensive to get going

Death: enables you to buy sp restoring accessories which makes makes it easier to stay ahead of the curve in terms of exp/money

ramyeon

apparently im the only one still using Ann 86 hours in lol :p

Ann, Makoto, Ryuji or Yusuke, but on Palace 3 ive been using Ann / Makoto /
Akechi just to try him and because you barely get to use him
I've found myself using all characters pretty equally - this game definitely makes that easier to do than it was in 3 and 4. Especially with Mishima'a EXP bonuses and the Star Arcana mid battle switch mechanic.

rucury

Banned
Thanks for the tips! I'm gonna go for those confidants.

I get unreasonably stressed out by time limits in games, even if they are a 100 hour time limit... Funny enough, my favorite game is probably Majora's Mask.

I've found myself using all characters pretty equally - this game definitely makes that easier to do than it was in 3 and 4. Especially with Mishima'a EXP bonuses and the Star Arcana mid battle switch mechanic.

I really wish I didn't have to waste Joker's turn to swap someone out.

Wink

169? Goddamn! You must have spent tons of time playing around in the Velvet Room like I did.

Played on hard, took my time, did lots of fusions and let the voiced lines be spoken before advancing. And it felt really necessary to build some good Persona, Moloch and Siegfried (Seth before that) with nulled weaknesses saved my ass so many times, felt really good.
The way it played out for me the balance on hard was perfect, can't wait to go trophy hunting now and play through a little quicker.

So it's 10/25 in game and these are my non story and non Strength Confidants. I'm not sure how busy the rest of the game is in terms of story events, but can someone tell me if it seems like I'll complete everyone? My social stats are all maxed.

Priestess 7
Emperor 10
Hierophant 10
Lovers 10
Chariot 10
Hermit 7
Fortune 7
Hanged man 7
Death 10
Temperance 10
Devil 7
Tower 8
Star 7
Moon 9
Sun 10

I actually had a save around then that I reloaded to look. At 11/10 my stuff was...

*Snip*

To compare, at 11/7, I know I can (test file) have...

Ann - 7 (-3)
Ryuji - 8 (-2)
Makoto - MAX (+2)
Haru - 0 (-1)
Yusuke - 8 (+1)
Sojiro - MAX (+1)
Futaba - 7 (-1)

Chihaya - 3 (-6)
Twins - 1 (Haven't bothered with so far, -9)
Iwai - 2 (-4)
Ohya - 5 (+1)
Shinya - 0 (Not bothering with, never explained how to open, -10)
Tae - MAX
Hifumi - 7 (Same)
Mishima - 9 (-1)

Overall, not counting the Twins (Which can be leveled up multiple times in a day, right?), and Shinya (Don't care about him) I'm about 13 ranks behind you. In terms of stats, I was in the same situation. (Maxed other than Guts and Proficiency)

I'm not worried about getting all of them, but I'd like to get the bolded ones maxed by the end.

Am I still good?

Ann - 7 (-3)
Ryuji - 8 (-2)

Makoto - MAX (+2)
Haru - 0 (-1)
Yusuke - 8 (+1)

Sojiro - MAX (+1)
Futaba - 7 (-1)

Chihaya - 3 (-6)
Iwai - 2 (-4)
Ohya - 5 (+1)
Tae - MAX
Hifumi - 7 (Same)
Mishima - 9 (-1)

Overall, not counting the Twins (Which can be leveled up multiple times in a day, right?), and Shinya (Don't care about him) I'm about 13 ranks behind you. In terms of stats, I was in the same situation. (Maxed other than Guts and Proficiency)

I'm not worried about getting all of them, but I'd like to get the bolded ones maxed by the end.

Am I still good?

can probably max all bolded except for haru, dont think you'll have enough time

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
So, still at the first palace, just got introduced to
demon fusion
, and couldn't leave until performed one.
The only possible combo at this point involved giving up Arsene! So pissed.

Jiraiza

So it's 10/25 in game and these are my non story and non Strength Confidants. I'm not sure how busy the rest of the game is in terms of story events, but can someone tell me if it seems like I'll complete everyone? My social stats are all maxed.

You seem better off than me. I'm on 11/2 with all max stats except for Guts and the following Confidant progress.

Max - Priestess, Emperior, Hierophant, Chariot, Death, Temperance, Star,
9 - Fool, Morgana, Moon
8 - Sun, Strength
7 - Hermit, Fortune
6 - Justice, Judge
5 - Lovers
4 - Hanged, Tower
3 - Devil
2 - Empress

So, still at the first palace, just got introduced to
demon fusion
, and couldn't leave until performed one.
The only possible combo at this point involved giving up Arsene! So pissed.
It is a bold tradition in the series to have a cool Persona on the game's cover, that you fuse after an hour in, and generally never see again.

But it's there to teach you to not be precious, and always fuse new personas whenever you can to unlock more bonuses.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member

Ann - 7 (-3)
Ryuji - 8 (-2)
Makoto - MAX (+2)
Haru - 0 (-1)
Yusuke - 8 (+1)
Sojiro - MAX (+1)
Futaba - 7 (-1)

Chihaya - 3 (-6)
Iwai - 2 (-4)
Ohya - 5 (+1)
Tae - MAX
Hifumi - 7 (Same)
Mishima - 9 (-1)

Am I still good?

To answer your Twins question, yes, you can do all 10 ranks of that at the same time without time passing.

And for Shinya, the order is:
go to mementos and try to fight the guy that you can't hit, go back to the Shibuya arcade and talk to the guy near the change machine, go to the Akihabara arcade and talk to Shinya, talk to Futaba, go back and talk to the kid.
it's not super obvious.

Hylian7

Do -kaja skills stack with themselves? I know many SMT games let you, and encourage you to do it.

The reason I ask, palace 4:
That fucking dive from the boss one-shotted the protagonist at full health with both Rakukaja and Sukukaja.
I figured when it was flying high for 3 turns, that was this game's sign of "Hey, you better use those buff skills you thought were useless!" Unless there was something else I was supposed to do there that I missed somehow.

Do -kaja skills stack with themselves? I know many SMT games let you, and encourage you to do it.

That fucking dive from the boss one-shotted the protagonist at full health with both Rakukaja and Sukukaja.
I figured when it was flying high for 3 turns, that was this game's sign of "Hey, you better use those buff skills you thought were useless!" Unless there was something else I was supposed to do there that I missed somehow.

guard when the boss does that

Guess Who

Banned

Buff and debuff skills are tremendously *not* useless, particularly on bosses. However, in these particular cases where you know an enemy is about to hit you hard, it's best to guard, not just buff your defense.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member

It extends the time that they're cast for. They start as three rounds, but if you cast it again, it will add three more. (At least I'm pretty sure, it says "extended" when you do it.)

Opa-Pa

Using them twice only extends their effect for three more turns, so nope.

However unless you're underleveled and/or haven't bought new equipment, rakukaja + guarding should be enough. Having a null phys persona on the MC Obviously comes in handy too.

But yess buffs are essential in this and you'll have a bad time if you don't get used to them. I'm pretty sure most people who complain about difficulty spikes aren't using them.

Hylian7

guard when the boss does that
I'm a dingus and was over thinking it. Thanks SMT.
Buff and debuff skills are tremendously *not* useless, particularly on bosses. However, in these particular cases where you know an enemy is about to hit you hard, it's best to guard, not just buff your defense.
I know they aren't useless, I was just poking fun at the fact that in many games you could get by without them, but not in SMT or Persona. Everybody knows Matador!

Defuser

Finally beat Palace 4 and goddamn the enemies difficulty starts to ramp up with their bullshit 1HKO spells. And fuck despair. Because of this I started carrying around a persona that can cause sleep and confuse to prevent them from casting this bullshit on me.

And palace 4...its bad enough its a long ass exploration due to puzzles but damn even after sending the calling card I have to fight through enemies to get the treasure? Damn.

Top Bottom