• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

I've been so close to buying this game but I'm hesitating for some reason. Thoroughly enjoy P4G too. Do I have anything to be worried about?

Man the SP accessories combined with some of the higher level confidant unlocks make grinding really easy. Almost never have to leave a palace / mementos.

Eylos

Banned
They carry over. Points are "absolute", not "per-rank", if that makes any sense.

Protip:
If you have the hunger debuff when that attack goes off, it heals you instead of damaging you.

Thx,but my party eventualy heals Alone :/ and in the end, its one attack after another

If i knew what type of attack Was, i would push options, and leave MC punch him alone to death lol

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I've been so close to buying this game but I'm hesitating for some reason. Thoroughly enjoy P4G too. Do I have anything to be worried about?

Do it. Don't even think. Nothing to be worried about. Welcome to one of the best games ever made.

pixxxelz

lol
xt9MAWX.png

Opa-Pa

... You guys could have all just said "Yes, that's DLC, don't worry about it", you know.

But anyways, Palace 7 spoilers
I'm so fucking tired of Persona trying to give irredeemable assholes redemption moments. First it was Ultimax's embarrassing true ending and now this Akechi dumbass. I thought they were handling his role quite well until his ~very touching sacrifice~, come on.

If you get some money from a negotiation but fail when requesting more and they call backup, do you still keep the money you already negotiated?

Opa-Pa

How very fitting that the ultimate justice persona is Metatron,
another dumbass puppet!... That I'll definitely fuse because I love having past enemies as servants.
Plus he probably has debilitate or whatever it's called here.

shmoglish

... You guys could have all just said "Yes, that's DLC, don't worry about it", you know.

But anyways, Palace 7 spoilers
I'm so fucking tired of Persona trying to give irredeemable assholes redemption moments. First it was Ultimax's embarrassing true ending and now this Akechi dumbass. I thought they were handling his role quite well until his ~very touching sacrifice~, come on.

Yeah, one of the few moments where I thought "Guys, thats not so cool". Hey guy who is murdering People and suff, do you want to join us again?

shmoglish

Awesome! I'm limited on playtime but hope I'll be able to reach this point as well. Concerned mostly with Futaba lines and compendium.

The lines where no Problem. Got the trophy in Palace 7, without spending much time in the Palaces/Mementos.

Sorry for the doublepost.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome! I'm limited on playtime but hope I'll be able to reach this point as well. Concerned mostly with Futaba lines and compendium.

Switch party members around enough and Futaba should be fine. Compendium is easy in NG+ when you don't have to spend money on weapons and armor anymore.

Opa-Pa

Yeah, one of the few moments where I thought "Guys, thats not so cool". Hey guy who is murdering People and suff, do you want to join us again?

It's so absurd, I hate stuff like this in these games, I mean
even fucking Haru of all people was at it. "I won't ever forgive for what you did to my father... But Akechi-kun please reconsider, we can be bffs :("
Jesus Christ

Endgame question, super duper spoilers:

Im at the part where you bust everyone out of the Velvet room and go back to Hell/Shibuya, will Lavenza always heal me or will it just be a one-and-done heal?

Lynx_7

Hah! Well I meant from GAF or die-hard persona fans. :)

I mean, it's harder for P5 to be as omnipresent as P4 Golden is on the Vita because the PS4 actually has more than half a dozen games to choose from, but as far as recommendations whenever the topic of "must buy RPGs" come up? It'll be up there, yes.

Capra

Reflective Elephant is the best demon.

MASSIVE Palace 7 spoilers -
I was basically able to tank the entire boss gauntlet at the end with just him and some healing. I put it on auto for the Yakuza guy and he just killed himself on my repel phys. Then Akechi's minions killed themselves on it... Then Akechi himself... And then Akechi's 2nd form was trivialized by having Haru put reflect on everyone and debuffing his defense.

It learned repel phys for inheritance purposes immediately afterwards and fuck yeah, you bet I'm gonna give that to someone.

Kyuur

Finished the third dungeon.

Boss was a cakewalk compared to Madarame, but I thoroughly enjoyed this arc compared to the last one. Dungeon was fantastic, the music in the first half one of the best tracks so far. Makoto has been a favorite character since she started stalking us in the hallways, her phantom thief design is top notch and so is her Persona. The villain and reasoning for going after him was more akin to the first arc and better for it; sticking stuff closer to home makes the stakes feel higher. Hopefully the next is just as good!

Nimby

Banned
133 hours. I was going to play Bloodborne after this, but I kinda stealth wanna do another playthrough.

Also, Ryuji and Ann are OP. I was doing ~ 1000 damage around level 70 with both of them because they learn focus skills. Ann does like almost 2000 because of Boost/Amp stacking. Definitely made the wrong choice to sit on her for most of the game.

Opa-Pa

Palace 7 calling card
haha that was cool as hell! One of the few anime cutscenes that was truly worth it. I'm so hyped go bring anime Hideki Kamiya down.

silva1991

I mean, it's harder for P5 to be as omnipresent as P4 Golden is on the Vita because the PS4 actually has more than half a dozen games to choose from, but as far as recommendations whenever the topic of "must buy RPGs" come up? It'll be up there, yes.

That's true. When I think of vita I only think of P4G and GR1. When I think of PS4 I think of way too many things.

Ultimadrago

This is essentially what I was going to say.

JBwB

Reflective Elephant is the best demon.

Yeah it's definitely one of the best you can have towards the end of the game.

It was the only Persona in my loadout that was under level 70 at the end of my playthrough (It was level 54 IIRC).

Capra

It's so absurd, I hate stuff like this in these games, I mean
even fucking Haru of all people was at it. "I won't ever forgive for what you did to my father... But Akechi-kun please reconsider, we can be bffs :("
Jesus Christ

A Mary Sue to the end.

Ourobolus

Banned
Almost got the platinum, three trophies to go.

Spoilers for end game:
Fuse Satanael
Finish compendium (just need Satanael and the last three treasure demons)
Do all requests (I somehow missed the December one on my first playthrough -.- )

Toki767

Almost got the platinum, three trophies to go.

Spoilers for end game:
Fuse Satanael
Finish compendium (just need Satanael and the last three treasure demons)
Do all requests (I somehow missed the December one on my first playthrough -.- )
Hopefully you were intending on doing another complete playthrough anyway.

Top Bottom