• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

sense

Finished the game yesterday. Damn they really stretch out the end with so many battles but it was fun nonetheless as I made it through without dying at any battles on normal.

Useful no brainer tip - for boss battles, always raise defense and attack for allies and decrease defense and attack for foes and the battles can take a few extra turns but you won't die majority of the time!

Also the Rangda persona is awesome for repel physical skills

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
The only frustrating part about the confusion trick is a lot of times the enemy drops items too. Sometimes they also just do nothing. The item drops consist of Muscle Drink, Devil Fruit, Odd Morsel being really common drops and occasionally you get a Life Stone or Soul Drop which are pretty good.

I highly recommend getting a free app on your phone or tablet that works as a counter. I did and it helped me keep track of how much money I made so far. Every time the enemy dropped money I'd tap the screen.

muteki

Did my second Mementos run for a stack of requests that was piling up and didn't have as much luck with confuse this time. Two bosses just would not confuse and the third only gave items 99% of the time. I don't really need a ton of money atm (except for that fortune confidant which I see myself skipping...) but still I guess I'll try again next time.

Otherwise having 15 days to play with after the last dungeon has been fun. Think I'll get very close to maxing Ann.

vypek

wait, how do you do luck only level ups

When your persona is being fused and being boosted by arcana, random stats will get boosted. Before you do the fusion you can see what will be boosted. So it seems the idea is to press O when you don't see luck to back out and then just re-select the fusion again until luck is one of the stats that gets a boost.

I'm over 70 hours and on palace 6, just succumbed to the crappy save system again (expected a safe room on the floor I was on but nope, back an hour I go).

I wish the game ended 30 hours ago, I'm at a point where I try to avoid battles as much as possible because they bore me so much. I'm trying to force myself to the end - which should be in sight - but at this rate giving up is more likely.

Anyone else hit a brick wall? Any tips on powering through? If I felt this way earlier I'd just give up but I feel like I should finish after spending 70 hours.

Raxus

Did my second Mementos run for a stack of requests that was piling up and didn't have as much luck with confuse this time. Two bosses just would not confuse and the third only gave items 99% of the time. I don't really need a ton of money atm (except for that fortune confidant which I see myself skipping...) but still I guess I'll try again next time.

Otherwise having 15 days to play with after the last dungeon has been fun. Think I'll get very close to maxing Ann.

Fortune confidant is 100% necessary if you want to save time AND money in the long run.

At rank 7 you can pay 5k to 'hang out' with a person not ready to level up.
It saves you a shit ton of time in the long run.

I have hit nearly every wall in my social links. I have a huge stack of mementos missions now.

When your persona is being fused and being boosted by arcana, random stats will get boosted. Before you do the fusion you can see what will be boosted. So it seems the idea is to press O when you don't see luck to back out and then just re-select the fusion again until luck is one of the stats that gets a boost.

You also want to try and make sure the least number of stats is lit up as possible, ensuring more points go towards luck

vypek

I'm over 70 hours and on palace 6, just succumbed to the crappy save system again (expected a safe room on the floor I was on but nope, back an hour I go).

I wish the game ended 30 hours ago, I'm at a point where I try to avoid battles as much as possible because they bore me so much. I'm trying to force myself to the end - which should be in sight - but at this rate giving up is more likely.

Anyone else hit a brick wall? Any tips on powering through? If I felt this way earlier I'd just give up but I feel like I should finish after spending 70 hours.

How often do you play? I'm not as far as you but only have time to play on the weekends and that seems to work well for me. Maybe you just need a small break from the game so you don't burn out on it. Seems like it might be more helpful for you instead of forcing your way through the game.

You also want to try and make sure the least number of stats is lit up as possible, ensuring more points go towards luck
Yeah? I didn't even realize the system worked this way. So having luck highlighted along with 2 other stats isn't as good as luck with 1 other stat. Good to know.

You're doing what I did burning ya self out. Take a break I only play like once a week or something. Trying to one day a palace and all that had me ready to quit.

Curufinwe

Fortune confidant is 100% necessary if you want to save time AND money in the long run.

So I'm at 7/1 and I think I've done the first two steps to start that confidant.

I assume that once I go into Mementos and beat the abusive boyfriend I will finally be able to start it for real?

How often do you play? I'm not as far as you but only have time to play on the weekends and that seems to work well for me. Maybe you just need a small break from the game so you don't burn out on it. Seems like it might be more helpful for you instead of forcing your way through the game.

You're probably right. Although playtime has varied wildly I've been playing it in some capacity every day since release.

Also, minor mistake but I'm actually on palace 7, so I'm closer to the end than I thought.

HMD

Take a long break, stop playing for a couple of days or maybe a week, whatever suits you. You will slowly miss the game and come back.

Raxus

So I'm at 7/1 and I think I've done the first two steps to start that confidant.

I assume that once I go into Mementos and beat the abusive boyfriend I will finally be able to start it for real?

Yep.
You also get another mementos mission to get to rank 8 and higher but the affinity reading power is at rank 7. You power level her and Temperance real fast since they are pretty damn crucial by end game if you want to max your social stats and social links.
Be prepared to farm mementos/a palace though because you need a LOT of money.

vypek

You're probably right. Although playtime has varied wildly I've been playing it in some capacity every day since release.

Also, minor mistake but I'm actually on palace 7, so I'm closer to the end than I thought.

Oh, so its definitely close to the end of the game for you. Eh, I'd still suggest you pull back on how much you play. At least not everyday. Playing at a slower pace makes me stay excited to come back to the game when I have a chance. Its meant to be fun so might as well enjoy it as much as you can instead of wearing yourself out on it

The music in the 2nd half of the third palace is intense. Anyone got the name of the track?

The first track is "Price" so I think the track you are looking for might be "Price - Another Version"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTj-TOocwuE

That?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Just want to clarify... Palace 5 is
the spaceship, right?

How many hours do I have left without spoiling anything please...

Also, how good is Haru as a party member? Who are people's bread and butter?

sense

Take your time!! Walk away for a couple of days lol. I have felt that whenever I try to finish dungeons in one day and get careless in battles because sometimes there are long stretches without safe spots. Palace 7 was a chore with some of its puzzles which involve backtracking. Personally happy I stuck through and got to the finish line but yea it only gets worse with regards to battles towards the end so if you don't enjoy them then not sure if you will like it. I don't mind them as much

rugioh

Banned

If you hate it that much, why not just farm the reaper on a flu day and max out your character, then brute force through with yoshitsune/mara/satan or some super strong persona?

Weebos

Banned
the spaceship, right?

Yes.

Depending on where you are in that palace probably
15-20
, with variations depending on your playstyle.

I used Haru through endgame, she has good utility with the karns and her gun skills are great.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
the spaceship, right?

Yeah, that's 5. Hard to say but in general I'd say you have quite awhile to go still.

Haru is pretty damn good, the worst thing about her is that the game doesn't make it super easy to get her social stuff up, so her baton pass is actually locked behind a max profiency wall. But I used her a lot in the end, especially when she gets One Shot Kill.

My usual party was Makoto, Ryuji, Yusuke but I started subbing one of the guys for Haru a lot, and frequently used Ann for bosses and the final areas after she gets Concentration. Everyone in this game feels really powerful though.

Is there an actual reward for acing exams besides getting charm?

Talk to Sojiro after the results and he gives you an accessory. Forget what it is though.

Sami+

Palace 7 deadline is up (its done I was just waiting for the deadline)... Iawai and Haru rank 9. How I feel right now

pXQbk.gif

Should I focus on doing these two ASAP or something? I'm still very early (right before Palace 2) but everybody keeps talking about them.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Yeah? I didn't even realize the system worked this way. So having luck highlighted along with 2 other stats isn't as good as luck with 1 other stat. Good to know.

The highlighted stats mean those will level up. If you have one level up, having luck and agility highlighted means only those two will get the stat points for that level up. So say a level up was going to give 3 stat points, luck and agility are highlighted. Either Luck or agility is going to get 2 and the other one will get 1. If only luck is highlighted then luck will get all 3.

You'll notice on fusions with high confidant levels that would make them level up 3-4 times a lot of times have all stats highlighted, because there is a higher chance that with 4 level ups that all the stats would get 1 point.

The system is probably rated by the Persona's growth too. A persona like Sandman is weighted towards luck stat ups, which makes getting a luck only level up feasible.

the spaceship, right?

I used Ann, Haru, and Makoto because I always go female only party if its viable.

Haru is really good. Psi is an effective element that rarely gets blocked, and is a weakness pretty often, and letting her learn Snipe and Cripple so that her gun mops up random encounters and One Shot Kill does damn good damage on bosses.

I think Ryuji ends up being better overall due to his absolutely absurd physical damage since he has Charge, but I liked Haru as a character a lot more and she holds her own really well.

For the rest of my party, Makoto was an effective healer with much better survivability than Morgana, while having the useful Nuke element, and Ann just hits like a truck. Her access to Severe fire damage while having Concentrate means some damn good damage. I had her hit up to 2653 with agidyne, while only getting Joker up to 2565 with a physical colossal damage skill.

Raxus

Should I focus on doing these two ASAP or something? I'm still very early (right before Palace 2) but everybody keeps talking about them.

Minor spoilers but nothing major just blocking them off to be on the safe side.

Haru is one of the final social links you get and Iwai is stuck behind a level 4 guts wall for a good chunk of time so you play catch up with both by the end of the game.
Luckily there are mechanisms in place to make things easier but you do feel behind several times in the game if you don't follow guides.

DNAbro

I'm just trying to force a hostage situation to occur so I can get this damn trophy. This game really doesn't want it happening to me. Near the end of a NG+ playthrough and I still haven't seen it happen.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm just trying to force a hostage situation to occur so I can get this damn trophy. This game really doesn't want it happening to me. Near the end of a NG+ playthrough and I still haven't seen it happen.

Ive seen it twice in 140 hours so...yeah. Though one of those was NG+, both times I saw it in the second dungeon. Weird mechanic though since it basically never triggers.

vypek

The highlighted stats mean those will level up. If you have one level up, having luck and agility highlighted means only those two will get the stat points for that level up. So say a level up was going to give 3 stat points, luck and agility are highlighted. Either Luck or agility is going to get 2 and the other one will get 1. If only luck is highlighted then luck will get all 3.

You'll notice on fusions with high confidant levels that would make them level up 3-4 times a lot of times have all stats highlighted, because there is a higher chance that with 4 level ups that all the stats would get 1 point.

The system is probably rated by the Persona's growth too. A persona like Sandman is weighted towards luck stat ups, which makes getting a luck only level up feasible.

Thanks for explaining. Looking forward to making use of this the next time I have time to play

kromeo

Ive seen it twice in 140 hours so...yeah. Though one of those was NG+, both times I saw it in the second dungeon. Weird mechanic though since it basically never triggers.

I've seen it 4 times I think, always after one of my party gets hit by a critical. I don't rescue them, no one blackmails me..

Zolo

I got lucky with it happening in the first dungeon after I got nearly wiped out. Hasn't happened since though. It's even weirder since there's a mechanic where you can use the online functionality to ask for help to save the hostage, but only a limited amount of times when you go in. Clearly, they expected it to happen fairly regularly.

daveo42

Banned

I saw it twice fairly early in NG, can't remember where really, but it was something that seemed like it would happen often. After those two early moments, I haven't seen it since and I'm around 153 hours in NG+. Pray to the RNG gods maybe?

muteki

I have hit nearly every wall in my social links. I have a huge stack of mementos missions now.

I must have missed that perk, or didn't understand the implications. Everything else she gives is kinda useless, but I guess I'll be poor for a while.

kromeo

It happened to me in one of the first battles right at the start of castle, I assumed it was a scripted event but obviously not lol

nOoblet16

I got the hostage thing in first dungeon itself. It's pretty damn difficult to get in the later half of the game because you won't run into situations where enemies hit your weakness that often (with the evade gear and what not)

Zafir

the spaceship, right?

Haru has some really solid gun skills.

I personally used MC, Makoto, Morgana and Yusuke throughout most of my first playthrough. Makoto has defence up, some solid healing, can cure some status ailments and does good nuclear damage. Morgana is the only permanent party member with resurrect, has good healing, can cure three or four other status ailments, and has miracle punch which can allow you to crit on enemies which don't have a weakness. Yusuke is the best physical damage dealer mid-game(physical damage being ridiculously strong in this game anyway), and when you combine miracle punch with a baton pass to Yusuke, you can deal devastating damage.

By late game I'd swapped over to Ann, Ryuji and Makoto, since I think that's probably the best late game team. This is due to Ann learning Concentrate and Ryuji learning Charge, which makes them the best damage dealers in their respective fields. However, those aren't learned till the 60s.

MSMrRound

Not too bad. She more for Psy and Gun skills. She gets a Gun skill with a pretty high chance of crit later on and she can clear pretty much pretty much any debuffs (single target only though)

My bread and butter party members are usually Morgana for early game because lucky/miracle punch+recarm+mediarama are lifesavers while Ryuji's swift strike+subsequent charge will make him one of the best melee attackers.

Makoto was pretty iffy at the start, but gets awesome once she learns mediarama since she can pitch in with the healing in a bit plus her design is way too cool. She will settle in as your support member late-game with her all-defense up skill+energy shower for certain aliments.

Top Bottom