• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMT0

Banned
Am I really the only one that thinks the last character will be Shinji? They opened a can of worms when
he doesn't die in the FeMC route. They could easily retcon his death in the MProtag route with the inevitable Persona 3 remake #3.

Also, PersonaGAFers that are PS4GAFers as well, post your usernames! I'd much rather play with you guys than random people. My username is EMTheredia.

Oooh speaking of Catherine, I hope for Persona 5 they integrate the game's text replies system, but expand more to it so it has more consequences, than just moving a morality bar.

Sure Persona 3 and 4 had mobile phones but really hope there are more functions to it.

Dantis

Well Naoto is somewhat immature, and she did say she was a tomboy as a kid and liked robots and the like

plus when you get to her dungeon Yosuke remarks how much it reminds him of Sentai shows.

We clearly have very different readings of the character.

Oooh speaking of Catherine, I hope for Persona 5 they integrate the game's text replies system, but expand more to it so it has more consequences, than just moving a morality bar.

Sure Persona 3 and 4 had mobile phones but really hope there are more functions to it.

Holy shit I hadn't even thought of this. GREAT idea.

For those who aren't aware, in Catherine, when you write a text, you press cross to type out a line, and then circle to delete it. When you delete a line and retype it, Vincent types in something different, so it comes across like he's reconsidering what he should write.

It was a really fucking smart design decision.

Am I really the only one that thinks the last character will be Shinji? They opened a can of worms when
he doesn't die in the FeMC route. They could easily retcon his death in the MProtag route with the inevitable Persona 3 remake #3.

I hope it's not, I never liked the guy personally. No idea who I want the last character to be.

Moonlight

Banned
I don't think it's wrong. Naoto is, fundamentally, a kid who's trying very hard to be grown-up. There's a reason why her Social Link is all about reconnecting with those lost mementos of her youth and why her Shadow appears as a scared, helpless child when you first meet it.

Dantis

I don't think it's wrong. Naoto is, fundamentally, a kid who's trying very hard to be grown-up. There's a reason why her Social Link is all about reconnecting with those lost mementos of her youth and why her Shadow appears as a scared, helpless child when you first meet it.

I agree with all this. I don't agree that any of it makes her immature though.

I see her as a teenager trying to be an adult, not a teenager who is secretly less mature than other teenagers and trying to be an adult.

Lunar15

I see Naoto as a child that had to grow up too quickly. That is to say, she tried really hard to repress any element of her childhood in order to act like an adult and fit in with adults.

6KFlYnx.jpg

5 Days

jaxword

Technically they're on Pheonix Ranger Featherman Victory by the time of Persona 4 Arena.

Hey there, I was still unable to find the guide to Persona 3's anime cutscenes...did you happen to have a chance about your suggestion on when to view each one?

CrazyDude

I hope it's not, I never liked the guy personally. No idea who I want the last character to be.

Do we know if there is going to be another character?

If there is the only character that seems possible from know P4 and P3 persona users is Ken. It could be someone new as well.

Edit: there is marie.

Sophia

Son of a bitch. I was typing all those out in the edit box and then the power went out, so nothing got saved. Gimme another second. XD

Moonlight

Banned
Mostly beside the point of discussion, but personally I'd love the idea of P5's special edition being packed with a deck of tarot cards. I'm always wondering why it's not already merchandise.

Sophia

I'd save it in a text file first. Neogaf's duct tape is coming undone it seems.

Ha, it's no big deal to rewrite them all out. Just annoying that the random power outage of all things made me lose progress. :p

Hey there, I was still unable to find the guide to Persona 3's anime cutscenes...did you happen to have a chance about your suggestion on when to view each one?

Okay. Here's all of them. I had to look up a few days, but this should be accurate for the most part.

Cutscene 1 plays at the beginning of the game, as you arrive at the dorm.
Cutscene 2 plays after you enter your name.
Cutscene 3 plays as you and Yukari take the train to Gekkoukan High.
Cutscene 4 plays on 4/8 as the Dark Hour is shown for the first time while Yukari, Mitsuru, and Ikutsuki are observing you.
Cutscene 5 plays on 4/8 after the scene with them observing you. Introduction to the Velvet Room for the first time.
Cutscene 6 plays on 4/9, at the rooftop when you summon your Persona for the first time. This is all in game in Persona 3 Portable
Cutscene 7 plays on 4/20 when you enter Tartarus for the first time.
Cutscene 8 plays on 6/8 when
Fuuka
summons their Persona for the first time.
Cutscene 9 plays on 7/7 after the defeat of the first full moon boss during the Love Hotel. Hilarious shower scene with Yukari.
Cutscene 10 plays on 7/11 in the command room.
Truth about Shadows and the Kirijo group's involvement.
Cutscene 11 plays on 7/20 during the scene on the boat when you approach Yakushima.
Cutscene 12 plays on 7/21 at Yakushima during Operation Babe Hunt at the end of it.
This is at the pier when the party first meets Aigis.
Cutscene 13 plays on 10/4 after the defeat of the full moon boss.
Shinjiro's death.
Cutscene 14 plays on 11/4. Group photo shot after
all the full moon bosses have been defeated.
Cutscene 15 plays on 11/4.
This is during Ikutsuki's betrayal. It plays after a mind-controlled Aigis attacks the party and when they're shown to be tied up on crosses.
Cutscene 16 plays on 11/4.
This is during Ikutsuki's betrayal when him and Mitsuru's father mortally wound each other. Aigis breaks free of Ikutsuki's reprogramming and saves the party. Koromaru gets his crowning moment of awesome here.
This one is the most different in Persona 3 Portable due to the presentation change.
Cutscene 17 plays on 11/17. This is the Kyoto trip introduction scene, similar to the Yakushima one.
Cutscene 18 plays as snapshots during the Kyoto trip. I don't know the exact dates, but seeing as they're so minor I doubt anyone cares. Plus I think they appear in P3P as ingame scenes if I recall right.
Cutscene 19 plays on 12/2. Occurs during the Dark Hour.
This is the truth about Ryoji and his fight with Aigis.
Cutscene 20 plays on 1/31. This is when
the Nyx Avatar appears prior to the fight against it. Final boss introduction, basically.
Cutscene 21 plays on 1/31. This plays after
you defeat the 13 forms of the final boss, the Nyx Avatar.
Cutscene 22 plays on 1/31. This proceeds from the following cutscene, after a brief intermission
where the characters talk to Takaya.
Cutscene 23 plays on 1/31.
This plays after you meet Igor in the Velvet Room and obtain the power of The Universe. It immediately follows into the last part of the final boss battle with Nyx itself.
Cutscene 24 plays on 1/31.
After the battle with Nyx itself, there will be an ingame cutscene in the Sea of Unconciousness. Afterwords this cutscene will play, showing Tartarus collapsing and the protagonist exiting from the ruins of it.
Cutscene 25 plays on 3/31
when Mitsuru gets her memories back during the ceremony.
Cutscene 26 plays on 3/31
after you make the final dialogue choice. Regardless of choice made, this scene plays when you're with Aigis on the rooftop.
Credits roll after this.

Ha, it's no big deal to rewrite them all out. Just annoying that the random power outage of all things made me lose progress. :p

Okay. Here's all of them. I had to look up a few days, but this should be accurate for the most part.

Cutscene 1 plays at the beginning of the game, as you arrive at the dorm.
Cutscene 2 plays after you enter your name.
Cutscene 3 plays as you and Yukari take the train to Gekkoukan High.
Cutscene 4 plays as the Dark Hour is shown for the first time while Yukari, Mitsuru, and Ikutsuki are observing you.
Cutscene 5 plays after the scene with them observing you. Introduction to the Velvet Room for the first time.
Cutscene 6 plays on 4/9, at the rooftop when you summon your Persona for the first time. This is all in game in Persona 3 Portable
Cutscene 7 plays on 4/20 when you enter Tartarus for the first time.
Cutscene 8 plays on 6/8 when
Fuuka
summons their Persona for the first time.
Cutscene 9 plays on 7/7 after the defeat of the first full moon boss during the Love Hotel. Hilarious shower scene with Yukari.
Cutscene 10 plays on 7/11 in the command room.
Truth about Shadows and the Kirijo group's involvement.
Cutscene 11 plays on 7/20 during the scene on the boat when you approach Yakushima.
Cutscene 12 plays on 7/21 at Yakushima during Operation Babe Hunt at the end of it.
This is at the pier when the party first meets Aigis.
Cutscene 13 plays on 10/4 after the defeat of the full moon boss.
Shinjiro's death.
Cutscene 14 plays on 11/4. Group photo shot after
all the full moon bosses have been defeated.
Cutscene 15 plays on 11/4.
This is during Ikutsuki's betrayal. It plays after a mind-controlled Aigis attacks the party and when they're shown to be tied up on crosses.
Cutscene 16 plays on 11/4.
This is during Ikutsuki's betrayal when him and Mitsuru's father mortally wound each other. Aigis breaks free of Ikutsuki's reprogramming and saves the party. Koromaru gets his crowning moment of awesome here.
This one is the most different in Persona 3 Portable due to the presentation change.
Cutscene 17 plays on 11/17. This is the Kyoto trip introduction scene, similar to the Yakushima one.
Cutscene 18 is plays as snapshots during the Kyoto trip. I don't know the exact dates, but seeing as they're so minor I doubt anyone cares. Plus I think they appear in P3P as ingame scenes if I recall right.
Cutscene 19 plays on 12/2. Occurs during the Dark Hour.
This is the truth about Ryoji and his fight with Aigis.
Cutscene 20 plays on 1/31. This is when
the Nyx Avatar appears prior to the fight against it. Final boss introduction, basically.
Cutscene 21 plays on 1/31. This plays after
you defeat the 13 forms of the final boss, the Nyx Avatar.
Cutscene 22 plays on 1/31. This proceeds from the following cutscene, after a brief intermission
where the characters talk to Takaya.
Cutscene 23 plays on 1/31.
This plays after you meet Igor in the Velvet Room and obtain the power of The Universe. It immediately follows into the last part of the final boss battle with Nyx itself.
Cutscene 24 plays on 1/31.
After the battle with Nyx itself, there will be an ingame cutscene in the Sea of Unconciousness. Afterwords this cutscene will play, showing Tartarus collapsing and the protagonist exiting from the ruins of it.
Cutscene 25 plays on 3/31
when Mitsuru gets her memories back during the ceremony.
Cutscene 26 plays on 3/31
after you make the final dialogue choice. Regardless of choice made, this scene plays when you're with Aigis on the rooftop.
Credits roll after this.

This is incredibly awesome to know.

They're animated cutscenes not anime cutscenes.

I agree with all this. I don't agree that any of it makes her immature though.

I see her as a teenager trying to be an adult, not a teenager who is secretly less mature than other teenagers and trying to be an adult.

I guess immature was the wrong word...I just meant that I believe she would be the type to at least have nostalgia for this sort of thing. You do have to admit though, there is something childlike about dreaming of being a detective and tinkering with gadgets like she does, but don't get me wrong in my opinion its admirable, and its a quirk that gives that character a lot of her charm.

Caladrius

One of those words is a bad word though.

*Plays game series stuffed to the brim with anime and JRPG tropes and conventions*

*berates anime anyway.*

If they bother with animated cutscenes again I sincerely hope they go with something higher than a shoestring budget. When P4: The animation beats you out, you've got a problem, and that had the excuse of being 25 whole episodes with a lot of deadlines and production issues.

cjkeats

Nothing to see here, no one misreading conversation and talking about area for some reason.
Nothin here at all.

I need a nap

Dantis

One of those words is a bad word though.

I don't even need to be here any more! My role has been succeeded by Smedwicks.

I'll see myself out. Later, guys.

I guess immature was the wrong word...I just meant that I believe she would be the type to at least have nostalgia for this sort of thing. You do have to admit though, there is something childlike about dreaming of being a detective and tinkering with gadgets like she does, but don't get me wrong in my opinion its admirable, and its a quirk that gives that character a lot of her charm.

I still disagree, haha!

I could believe that she has nostalgia for it, but I don't think it says anything about her character. I mean, when I was growing up, I feel like everybody watched Power Rangers, but we were so young that we didn't really take it in, you know?

And what's immature about tinkering with gadgets? You're talking about things like that preposterous watch, right?

Acid08

Banned
So I'm going to be starting getting a Vita with P4G tomorrow. Beyond stoked to play it, haven't played through P4 since it was originally released. All the changes and new stuff sounds great.

Caladrius

I don't even need to be here any more! My role has been succeeded by Smedwicks.

I'll see myself out. Later, guys.

Oh no you don't. We need someone to rag on arena with equal vitriol before you're going anywhere!

closing-gate-o.gif

PERSONAlly this topic and it's denizens are quite khstkcdubxuingyjhonfhhbanderaskfuhcuvubdhv

Indeed. It's been quite dkjfjkxdgdragudkhfjaKanjidjdhsjkdhjksexyjbjdbkldj ever since I fbukjdhskfhsjfshkinvasionjfashjfgajgfairiesvjksdhkjdfhdfkj

So I'm going to be starting getting a Vita with P4G tomorrow. Beyond stoked to play it, haven't played through P4 since it was originally released. All the changes and new stuff sounds great.

You'll never look at Naoto the same way again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom