• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazzy

But Labrys is the better toaster

Be quiet! You all know it's the DLC that you secretly yearn for:

RGxCyga.png

Kazzy

I don't really dislike Labrys or anything, more that I feel largely ambivalent towards her inclusion. It's hardly a narrative that has been left wanting for characters, though that speaks to it's strengths. A franchise that possess such a well-defined cast, that people just want to spend more time with them. I know that's why I was initially so excited about seeing the P4A story stuff - precisely because it gave me more content to consume, however superfluous.

I guess my main qualms about Labrys, is that she was inserted into that dynamic. Essentially, that story is in lieu of her character, which annoyed me. In comparison, the rest of the returning cast are largely embellished in their portrayals.

Curse you real life, I've missed the beginning of OT3! Well, most have already commented, but excellent work on this, Dantis. I love the Aigis banner!

Just think, by this time next week we'll know what p-ch has in store for us. This week is gonna draaaaaaaaag. :(

Oh, and NeoSoma, you should definitely finish that poster series. I would absolutely frame that P3 one and hang it up-- just lovely!

EDIT: Well, real life and PS4. Man do I ever want P5 on this system now...

Meia

Yep, was passed out when the post went up, saw it last night at page 6(!), then only 2 more pages while I was working. SLACKERS! :O

That is one gorgeous OT man, and one of the best Aigis pics I've seen. LOVE her reaching out for the blue butterfly, right in the feels.

AND OMG IT'S STILL HAPPENING!!11! :D

Caladrius

Just think, by this time next week we'll know what p-ch has in store for us. This week is gonna draaaaaaaaag. :[

I knooooooooooooow! This is going to be a loooooooong week. :(

No games in the backlog?

And I like Labrys better than I do Aigis. I think it's mostly the way her character development played out. Aigis's whole story kind of screamed "red string of fate", which is a personal berserk button in story telling, even if it does tie into P3's fatalism in its own weird way. Labrys's wasn't quite as emotionally charged but I felt like it was more believable because it didn't really seem to me like "IT WAS FAAAAAAAAAATE!"

"FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE"

OH HEY A TRAILER (from animegaf)
http://www.p3m.jp/trailer/pv04.html

I don't really dislike Labrys or anything, more that I feel largely ambivalent towards her inclusion. It's hardly a narrative that has been left wanting for characters, though that speaks to it's strengths. A franchise that possess such a well-defined cast, that people just want to spend more time with them. I know that's why I was initially so excited about seeing the P4A story stuff - precisely because it gave me more content to consume, however superfluous.

I guess my main qualms about Labrys, is that she was inserted into that dynamic. Essentially, that story is in lieu of her character, which annoyed me. In comparison, the rest of the returning cast are largely embellished in their portrayals.

The problem is P4A's story was just a retread of the previously told stories. It's sad, but at this point there's no room for the characters from P3 and 4 in 5.

FluxWaveZ

The problem is P4A's story was just a retread of the previously told stories. It's sad, but at this point there's no room for the characters from P3 and 4 in 5.

If P4A brought about or even facilitated a future in which P3 and P4 characters have no major role in P5, I'm very glad.

But Labrys is the better toaster

One of these days Labrys is gonna put the kibosh on the whole toaster nonsense....

Toasters will reign supreme until I teach them how not to burn my bread. THEN the toaster nonsense will end.

Also, if P4U did story mode where it was one campaign per group vs one individual story for everyone, I'd be complaining a lot less about it. I'm hoping P4U2 takes a page from BlazBlue Chronophantasma in this regard, three specific story routes as opposed to one for every character.

FluxWaveZ

Also, if P4U did story mode where it was one campaign per group vs one individual story for everyone, I'd be complaining a lot less about it. I'm hoping P4U2 takes a page from BlazBlue Chronophantasma in this regard, three specific story routes as opposed to one for every character.

It will be absolutely laughable if P4A2 does story mode in the same way its predecessor did. A BB:CSEX, CP or straight up MK story mode style is necessary, in my opinion.

Following the CP model could also let the story jump around in terms of timeline without it being convoluted. For example, if the foundation of the Shadow Operatives is going to be dealt with in more detail, it could have its own story mode branch just like CP does with the Six Heroes branch.

PK Gaming

No games in the backlog?

And I like Labrys better than I do Aigis. I think it's mostly the way her character development played out. Aigis's whole story kind of screamed "red string of fate", which is a personal berserk button in story telling, even if it does tie into P3's fatalism in its own weird way. Labrys's wasn't quite as emotionally charged but I felt like it was more believable because it didn't really seem to me like "IT WAS FAAAAAAAAAATE!"

"FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE"

Persona battles on motorcycles!

FluxWaveZ

Notice that on the character select screen there are two roster spots that are "static"

One is Shu... the other is...?

That's been there forever, which is why it's obvious that there's going to be at least one other character to be revealed either before the official arcade release or shortly after the fact.

Still believe there will be 1-2 more characters ala Labrys, Shadow Labrys and Elizabeth to reveal once it's released for either arcade and/or consoles.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
That's been there forever, which is why it's obvious that there's going to be at least one other character to be revealed either before the official arcade release or shortly after the fact.

Still believe there will be 1-2 more characters ala Labrys, Shadow Labrys and Elizabeth to reveal once it's released for either arcade and/or consoles.

Oh yeah, I know, I just never noticed that it looked like TV static though.

Meia

OMG Yukari's pose is amazing!

Now, I never played P4A hardly at all, but Yosuke looks like fun in that. Was he always capable of that, or is this something new?

And still banking on Makoto Yuki being revealed after the movie hits.

Rhapsody

Banned
Finally had time to see those P4A2 change notes. I'm still seeing a lot of stuff that sounds weird on paper, but I actually do like the changes for my characters right now. Yu's, Yosuke's, and Labrys's changes look pretty good to me aside from those necessary nerfs. I think they'll turn out pretty fine. Even though P4A still has issues that bug me that can't be fixed, the new game still sounds interesting.

And that latest P3 movie PV looked pretty nice. Movie's almost out too in Japan.

FluxWaveZ

Now, I never played P4A hardly at all, but Yosuke looks like fun in that. Was he always capable of that, or is this something new?

Well, he's using several new moves such as his Vorpal Blade and his new super, if that's what you mean. In P4A, though, he was always the super fast/runaway/annoying character that could teleport and do backflips in the air, made all the more crazier when he activates Sukukaja.

Atlus and ASW ninja assassins incoming.

That new Yosuke super's stylish.

I love what I hear from the new music in the VS screen. Some of Yukari's theme can be heard too.

Oh geez, Yukari's auto-combo causes confusion and/or charm. That's interesting.

Might have to consider playing Yukari; she looks awesome:

ibdJHI3OarL5kg.gif

This is so awesome; I hadn't seen footage of Yukari yet! She looks like she has great zoning potential, but she also has these great quick dash attacks that should help up close. I always played Yukiko in Arena because I like zoning characters, and I figured if they ever put Yukari in she'd be similar. From any of the reports, do we know how the two are similar and different?

FluxWaveZ

This is so awesome; I hadn't seen footage of Yukari yet! She looks like she has great zoning potential, but she also has these great quick dash attacks that should help up close. I always played Yukiko in Arena because I like zoning characters, and I figured if they ever put Yukari in she'd be similar. From any of the reports, do we know how the two are similar and different?

Hm, well there's some info regarding their moves in the loketest #2 translated document (think there was more in #1 but I don't have it on hand right now).

I guess I'll just say it myself from the footage I've seen since the first loketest. I'd say that both of them are fairly similar as zoning characters, but Yukiko relies more on her Persona than Yukari (which is why she has 5 cards and Yukari has 4).

Yukari's range is far greater than Yukiko's with her bow attacks, which might make her weaker than Yukiko at mid-range compared to her fan attacks and her C Persona attacks.

Yukari also depends more on traps to control space and give her room to attack with arrows.

Meia

Well, he's using several new moves such as his Vorpal Blade and his new super, if that's what you mean. In P4A, though, he was always the super fast/runaway/annoying character that could teleport and do backflips in the air, made all the more crazier when he activates Sukukaja.

Yeah, but he always kind of struck me as "Hey, I can make myself faster and stuff, but all my moves are just kind of there". Now with the new stuff it actually looks more fun, if that makes sense.

And HNNNNNNNNNNNNNG using the motorcycle in what I'm guessing was the Fuuka full moon. They need to make "bosses" more cinematic since it's not just numbers ticking off, and damn that looked neat.

kewlmyc

Neat. Apparently Makoto can drive motorcycles now.
Here's a youtube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqYaLNCfYH4

Psssst, some cammy P4U2 footage.
probably more incoming.

Yukari looks fun to play, can't wait. Her theme sounds nice too. Still hoping for some Junpei footage.

And still banking on Makoto Yuki being revealed after the movie hits.

Me too.
I know it makes no sense canonically but whatever.

Meia

Yukari looks fun to play, can't wait. Her theme sounds nice too. Still hoping for some Junpei footage.

Me too.

Well, people just have to realize that if it is Makoto Yuki then
there's bound to be some story related reason for it. Maybe that's the form the big bad uses to REALLY mess with the cast?

Ooooof, that would hurt.

FluxWaveZ

They can do practically whatever they want in P4A2's story mode if space-time is going wonky. In Makoto Yuki's case, they could
have him return as his actual self from another dimension ala P1, only as a Shadow, as the "Malevolent Entity's" vessel...

Not that I'm totally convinced that he'll make it.

PK Gaming

Here's a youtube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqYaLNCfYH4

Me too.

It's ridiculously easy to justify his inclusion. I can think of 2 off hand
-Time Travel
-Malevolent Entity aka you know who

I'll be furious If he doesn't get included.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom