• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

ramyeon

So, the
Hollow Forest
. I feel like I'm being set up for a punchline right now. I'm on floor 5 (I think) at level 79, and I'm pretty much able to hit Rush Mode and coast through every encounter I come across (with the exception of one really annoying little King guy).

Does this sound normal?
Yeah, Hollow Forest is deceptively easy. They make it out to be harder than it is.

Just make sure you don't use up the elemental break items they hand out to you. They're really useful for the boss.

Setsu00

Oh, hello new OT!
I can't wait for your successor.

I just finished studying for my philosophy exam next week. I'm crying tears of joy.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
lO8hdO1.png

cj_iwakura

It really isn't, we should avoid being that insular. (I also don't get the joke, so...)

Any interest in seeing me suffer through Revelations: Persona once I finish dabbling with Lunar?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
It really isn't, we should avoid being that insular. (I also don't get the joke, so...)

Any interest in seeing me suffer through Revelations: Persona once I finish dabbling with Lunar?

It was a reference to smedwicks and not getting the Christmas Day present from his waifu.

MSMrRound

It was a reference to smedwicks and not getting the Christmas Day present from his waifu.

Saw Smed's original post, but the joke kind of sailed over my head at first as well.

Edit: Yea only kind of understood it a bit better after Daimaou posted up some links a bit earlier.

Daimaou

Dantis doesn't actually come into IRC all that often either. The quote is actually from a post in the last thread, not IRC.

Saw Smed's original post, but the joke kind of sailed over my head at first as well.

Edit: Yea only kind of understood it a bit better after Daimaou posted up some links a bit earlier.

I took those down, felt too much like ridicule as opposed to just friendly ribbing.

misterF

Neo Member
Didn't think I'd love it as much as I did, only problem I had was the pacing.
Still can't get over how great that ending was, would be improved if they
made it more clear that the protag dies.

I agree about the pacing, especially around the middle.

It's a lot more clear in the Japanese version. Kimi no Kioku ("Memories of You"), the ending song, makes it very clear he died.

I wish I hadn't listened to the full soundtrack before finishing the game. "Battle for Everyone's Souls", "Burn my Dread" and "Memories of You", what a way to end a game!

Without spoiling, do SLinks in Persona 4 have any impact (story/characters wise) or are they self contained like in Persona 3?

Sophia

I wish I hadn't listened to the full soundtrack before finishing the game. "Battle for Everyone's Souls", "Burn my Dread" and "Memories of You", what a way to end a game!

Without spoiling, do SLinks in Persona 4 have any impact (story/characters wise) or are they self contained like in Persona 3?

Self-contained in the original game, but a few impact the story in Persona 4 Golden.

MSMrRound

Without spoiling, do SLinks in Persona 4 have any impact (story/characters wise)

Reaching certain ranks with your party members will help them to obtain battle abilities e.g unique critical hit, ability to tank a fatal blow for you etc. Reaching max level will allow their Personas to evolve and the Personas can reach a third stage if you finish some event in January.

Of course, for the the rest of the social links, there's some endgame stuff that will only appear if you reached their maxed levels.

misterF

Neo Member
Self-contained in the original game, but a few impact the story in Persona 4 Golden.

Reaching certain ranks with your party members will help them to obtain battle abilities e.g unique critical hit, ability to tank a fatal blow for you etc. Reaching max level will allow their Personas to evolve and the Personas can reach a third stage if you finish some event in January.

Of course, for the the rest of the social links, there's some endgame stuff that will only appear if you reached their maxed levels.

Ah, so better than Persona 3. I can't wait to start this game! The fact that you have to max out the social links to get better personas for your team members kind of worries me though. I couldn't even max out Fuuka and Aigis in time in Persona 3.

I'm listening to Battle for Everyone's Souls (http://youtu.be/2kBqP06eDRY) again, can't think of any better boss battle themes.

Sophia

Ah, so better than Persona 3. I can't wait to start this game! The fact that you have to max out the social links to get better personas for your team members kind of worries me though. I couldn't even max out Fuuka and Aigis in time in Persona 3.

I'm listening to Battle for Everyone's Souls (http://youtu.be/2kBqP06eDRY) again, can't think of any better boss battle themes.

Don't worry about it too much, it's not that significant of a boost, and a lot of them come with ranks.

Dantis

Aaaw yeah, second is the place to be. Not as shameful as first, but high up enough to be of note.

Also, the posts are much more balanced in this last OT. Nobody passed 1000. Shows how much we've expanded.

Caladrius

Yes I made the wall of shame

Also now I'm famous on GAF forever

;_;

Think of it this way Smed; The rest of GAF actually has to go into this thread before they can understand the context, and with a title like that there's only going to be so many takers.

FluxWaveZ

Posting the second and last pastebin of P4A2 win quotes. I recommend sticking away due to possible spoilers if you're still playing P3/P4.

Awesome. The translations seem pretty good this time, as well.

And yeah, seems that that makes it pretty clear that
Sho is another product of the Kirijo group, just like with Labrys. Probably explains his attachment to Aigis and Labrys.

This one's interesting:
Sho Minazuki vs. SHO:
"
Don't just come out on your own accord! I've still got more fun to have here!
"

Wonder if it means
they don't share the same physical body.

Sho is another product of the Kirijo group, just like with Labrys. Probably explains his attachment to Aigis and Labrys.

Wonder if it means

It may just be a fluff quote, but I'm not sure. They're never seen together in the arcade story, at least. I think the 'attachment to Aigis and Labrys' part comes from the fact the rest of his win quotes are awful puns that don't carry over well to English, so the one against Aigis sticks out.

Awesome. The translations seem pretty good this time, as well.

This one's interesting:

Wonder if it means

I don't think it necessarily means he's a robot , you gotta remember that Strega was "a product of the Kirijo group" as well.

FluxWaveZ

I don't think it necessarily means he's a robot , you gotta remember that Strega was "a product of the Kirijo group" as well.

Er, I didn't say that. In fact,
I heavily doubt that he's an anti-Shadow weapon. That's why I said "product of the Kirijo group."

It may just be a fluff quote, but I'm not sure. They're never seen together in the arcade story, at least. I think the 'attachment to Aigis and Labrys' part comes from the fact the rest of his win quotes are awful puns that don't carry over well to English, so the one against Aigis sticks out.

Yeah, some parts could be translation error or things not coming through in English, but saying "don't come out on your own accord" sounds pretty blatant. It could just be a joke quote like with other mirror matches, though, but we've never seen both of them together so it's hard to know one way or the other.

That quote about tearing Aigis inside out after mentioning the Plume of Dusk also sounds a bit weird, but it was written in some story synopses that Sho wants to "save" Aigis in particular and he also talks to Labrys, in her arcade mode, about how he had chosen her, being the culprit in P4A, because he and her "are the same" when he says:
"Heh Heh Heh… That is correct. I am just like you. That is why I chose you. But it seems you were nothing but a hindrance in the end. Of course, it does not matter… It is already too late."

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Woops, didnt realize this was made already and posted in the other thread >.>

Decided to go after the Platinum for P4G as its my new favorite game of all time, and am currently sitting here farming status ailment lines for the Hardcore Risette Fan trophy.

What am I doing with my life :<

EMT0

Banned
Woops, didnt realize this was made already and posted in the other thread >.>

Decided to go after the Platinum for P4G as its my new favorite game of all time, and am currently sitting here farming status ailment lines for the Hardcore Risette Fan trophy.

What am I doing with my life :<

Living the dream son, living the dream. That's what.

I've given two whole OT titles for Danits, that's what.

Justice.

9303557199_ec1b3ea791_o.gif

Smed why

Sophia

My posting count went down significantly in the last OT. Oh well. That won't happen this time!

Er, I didn't say that. In fact,
I heavily doubt that he's an anti-Shadow weapon. That's why I said "product of the Kirijo group."

Random musing, but I wonder if he's a biological android/homunculus.

Gazoinks

:lol @ the original devil summoner being the best selling Atlus game (that we know of) despite being a shit game. P5 needs to do numbers.

I would be surprised if it doesn't given how much they've grown the brand since P4. It's gotta be Atlus' biggest series, yeah?

Also:
lohr.jpg

Caladrius

In all seriousness we probably shouldn't do community insider jokes next time.

:lol @ the original devil summoner being the best selling Atlus game (that we know of) despite being a shit game. P5 needs to do numbers.

I'm confident that P5 will be at least number 2. Atlus seems to be serious about moving up in the industry with it, especially under the banner of their new blue overlords.

Top Bottom