• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

FluxWaveZ

Just thought about the similar wording.

[October 2013] Hashino (pre-November 24, 2013 event):
However, I believe that we will be delivering news that will most likely please all the fans.

[February 2016] Hashino:
Heading into the Persona series’ 20th anniversary, Hashino hopes they can make an announcement to please the fans, but he hopes everyone looks forward to Persona 5 first.

Mediking

Hey, now that I'm thinking about Persona 3 FES again... what do you guys think about Shinjiro getting
killed
because of Ken Amada? Now that I'm reflecting on it... that scene was really dumb and messed up.

Hey, now that I'm thinking about Persona 3 FES again... what do you guys think about Shinjiro getting
killed
because of Ken Amada? Now that I'm reflecting on it... that scene was really dumb and messed up.

Hey, Shinji's the one who ran in front of Takaya's gun.

Lunar15

A whole new Persona game has been all but confirmed considering Wada and Hiraoka's statements. It's just that, though very vague, how Hashino could talk about what comes after Persona 5 this year being "for [all] the fans" could hint at what that title could be.

It's obviously a Persona gatcha game for mobile where maybe you get a Tatsuya sticker.

killed

Shinji got killed because of himself. He never planned to survive that night.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening

daevious

A whole new Persona game has been all but confirmed considering Wada and Hiraoka's statements. It's just that, though very vague, how Hashino could talk about what comes after Persona 5 this year being "for [all] the fans" could hint at what that title could be.

Is it possible that Persona 5's delays may have stemmed from whatever future projects the team decided to take on during Persona 5's development?

FluxWaveZ

Is it possible that Persona 5's delays may have stemmed from whatever future projects the team decided to take on during Persona 5's development?

Perhaps, but I think it would be a lot more complicated than that. If that would factor in, I think it would be a combination of different things and it would be more for timing purposes, like the Persona 5 anime, Persona's 20th anniversary, the Persona 20th anniversary festival thing, Atlus' 30th anniversary, etc.

Keep in mind, the unannounced Persona game (or at least the P Studio project) is very likely lead by Wada and not the leads behind Persona 5, so there's that.

FluxWaveZ

Have we ever gotten information on a Tuesday before? I know we joke about that, but I'm curious if we've actually gotten anything on that damn day.

Yes, many, many times. "Tuesday" isn't just a joke; it's the day that Famitsu puts out previews of their upcoming issues which release on Thursdays, and also the days we usually get Famitsu and PlayStation Dengeki leaks for the upcoming issue.

But it's not like Persona 5 is the kind of game that will suddenly pop up on a random Tuesday for the upcoming issue of Famitsu.

Edit: I guess you might not have been here for the P4AU and P4D news anticipations when we weren't in this lull, but Tuesdays were the primary focus of attention for new scoops. It was a lot of fun following the new information reveals for those games on Tuesdays.

daevious

Yes, many, many times. "Tuesday" isn't just a joke; it's the day that Famitsu puts out previews of their upcoming issues which release on Thursdays, and also the days we usually get Famitsu and PlayStation Dengeki leaks for the upcoming issue.

But it's not like Persona 5 is the kind of game that will suddenly pop up on a random Tuesday for the upcoming issue of Famitsu.

Edit: I guess you might not have been here for the P4AU and P4D news anticipations when we weren't in this lull, but Tuesdays were the primary focus of attention for new scoops. It was a lot of fun following the new information reveals for those games on Tuesdays.

Ok, that's fair enough. We've told that joke so long that I just assume all information we get never shows up on Tuesdays.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, P5 is kind of past the Famitsu scoop stage. At best I could see Famitsu revealing a date for an Atlus announcement.

The thing is that Famitsu never had a Persona 5 scoop before a standalone Persona 5 event that preceded an issue (including the 2014 SCEJ conference). Despite not being able to predict what comes next with P5, it's a 100% certainty that this game won't just randomly pop up in a magazine because it never has, and it certainly won't happen now.

Even for a tease, that's something Atlus would release themselves independently, since they know they can do it to garner mass amounts of attention without relying on a third-party, just like they've done for all the other P5 events.

(Persona 3 SPOILERS)

someone on my twitter is playing P3P for the first time and he just tweeted this when I asked him how far along he was:

"first week of October, I think it was the 2nd or 3rd"

oh man, OH MAN

I pity them

Lunar15

I'll take it!

As flux said above, even that's highly unlikely. Atlus has handled everything for P5 internally, either through websites or countdowns. That's what I meant by P5 is past the famitsu scoop stage, it's in a different league than the spinoffs.

Zolo

Ironically enough, I'd actually be fine with an announcement of an announcement at this point. Part of the tough thing waiting for news at this point is not knowing when news is even going to hit.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Ironically enough, I'd actually be fine with an announcement of an announcement at this point. Part of the tough thing waiting for news at this point is not knowing when news is even going to hit.
Expect the announcement to the trailer for the teaser in the future.

godisntheradio

Neo Member
i don't know when, but it's gonna be a fun day the day we wake up and there's persona 5 news (especially in this thread), i look forward to this almost as much as the game

Same here.
The worst part is not knowing when we can expect news about the game :p
i don't know when, but it's gonna be a fun day the day we wake up and there's persona 5 news (especially in this thread), i look forward to this almost as much as the game
It is always fun to see the reactions when a new trailer comes out.
I wonder how crazy things will get when they finally show the release date
or delay the game again :p

cj_iwakura

Up until today I thought the 3DS audio was garbage, but Etrian Odyssey IV proved me wrong. WTF, Atlus? Why does this sound better than the Vita but Soul Hackers and SMTIV sound like crap?

Also, I'm pretty sure I found Atlus' JP HQ on google maps. It's a nondescript office building. I'd be tempted to visit(going to Japan this weekend), but I'd probably be gunned down by Sega Snipers.

Lunar15

Up until today I thought the 3DS audio was garbage, but Etrian Odyssey IV proved me wrong. WTF, Atlus? Why does this sound better than the Vita but Soul Hackers and SMTIV sound like crap?

Also, I'm pretty sure I found Atlus' JP HQ on google maps. It's a nondescript office building. I'd be tempted to visit(going to Japan this weekend), but I'd probably be gunned down by Sega Snipers.

Yuzo Koshiro is a music god that transcends mortal technology.

There's your answer.

cj_iwakura

Top Bottom