• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Jeez. That was fast.
Still interested?

Yeah, it's just one part of the story, and I just saw a few words, didn't go and read up on the game (heavy spoilers though).

It's my fault, so I'm not pissed lol

Also, currently playing SMT4 (going Neutral) on which I'm not spoiled almost at all (I know some choices but that's it) so there's that ^_^

Soriku

Woo! New mini-bet; what will come out first: SMTIV: A in North America or Persona 5 anywhere?

I also think this makes it prrrretty certain that Persona 5 isn't going to have a Summer 2016 NA release....It'd be sort of messy to release two prime ATLUS RPGs within or a month or so of each other.

...Course, this makes the next likely season Fall, which'll also wedge it in with FFXV.

...Not the best environment for a localized release...

"Within a month or so" ---> Summer and Fall are 3 months each. There's plenty of time in between to space the games out. I don't think having a space of a month between SMT IV Apocalypse and P5 or P5 and FF XV would be very detrimental.

The last bet was whether SMT IV F got a date in NA before P5 in Japan, not an announcement.

Although John said that we should have the date in a few weeks, so not much time for P5 to happen.

Makio

I'm just hoping Laura Bailey's back as Nozomi, though I wonder who they've got for the new characters. Anyone got any guesses?

Depending in her schedule i dont see why not.

I suppose my pool of VA for Final is the same i have for P5 , any actor they got in games like Dancing All Night or Legend of Heroes (i dont know what others game PCB dub recently) are the ones i see with great chance ending up in Final / P5.

The one i really see for Final is Cassandra Lee Morris taking Asahi , i dont see much of the game but seems her type of character. (And i dont want her as Ann in P5)

I suppose the returning characters of IV are getting their actors back , specially Navarre.

For the rest i just throw names in the air ... DC Douglas , Ben Diskin ,Marisha Ray , Yuri "Fucking" Lowenthal , ....

Funny, I was thinking about Cassandra Lee for her as well.

And now that I think about it, D.C. Douglas would make a smarmy Krishna.

iirc, the voice of Flynn was Grant George or Bryce Papenbrook. Though it's not like there was much to go on.

Going back to new characters, I think Toki is destined to end up voiced by Stephanie Sheh.

Makio

Checking the cast for Dancing All night in BTVA i found this

https://twitter.com/RachelKimsey/status/710682546103660544

Supposedly the lady who voice Nozomi (Dancing All Night) is Rachel Kimsey...

Never hear of her but her voice is pure gold .... fricking love her in the game.

Other name to consider for Final / Apocalypse or P5.

(And here was me thinking Erica Lindbeck was Nozomi).

And who gonna voice
Flynn
in Apocalypse.

Makio

We're getting the release date at E3.... if not then TGS.....

I totally see Apocalypse getting a Release Date in the E3 if not before (since Atlus USA always do their announcements in their own way)

But with this i dont expect much for P5 at this point maybe an American release window
(If the game have news / something from Japan from here to June).

I would love a PV03 dubbed tho

I don't know guys. I'm sort of expecting a trailer where "Coming 2017" fades in at the end. I'm not even trying to be facetious right now. I certainly think it's possible P5 will still come this year (JP and NA), but I will be genuinely surprised, and relieved, if we do see it by years' end. It's not so much the silence that gets me, or the huge gaps between info, or the fact that the game has been delayed twice already. It's the fact that IMO time's running out if it's going to be coming out any time soon.

SMTIV Final's summer release doesn't really bother me in terms of giving P5 breathing room, at least for Atlus' own titles. We were never expecting P5 around then anyway in the US.

Makio

My only fear is they cancel the PS3 version at some point.

I dont doubt someone would say "you should play it in the ps4 , nobody has a ps3 at this point bla bla bla"

But i cant afford it right now , so that why is so anxious when the time pass .... i fear in the next "announcement" they cancel the Ps3 version :C

(At this point i dont care if the game is coming this year , 2017 , 2020... but im positive this can be the time they finally get it).

I dont doubt someone would say "you should play it in the ps4 , nobody has a ps3 at this point bla bla bla"

But i cant afford it right now , so that why is so anxious when the time pass .... i fear in the next "announcement" they cancel the Ps3 version :C

(At this point i dont care if the game is coming this year , 2017 , 2020... but im positive this can be the time they finally get it).

It makes me wonder just when the PS3 is going to finally be put out to pasture.

lilty

I wouldn't bee too concerned. It was reconfirmed for PS3 with PV03, and Persona 4 launched on the PS2 in 2008. I'm sure the PS4 version will be the one to get but if you don't feel like upgrading don't panic yet.

Devs are still putting out cross gen games in Japan, you still also have things like Dragon Quest Heroes II announced for PS3, even if Vita/PS4 seems to be the more popular combination. I don't really think there's any worry of that version being outright cancelled.

There's still a good few PS3 games being localised this year too, Odin Sphere, Cold Steel 2 and Attack on Titan for example, even if companies like Square and Sega are starting to drop the PS3 versions for a few games.

Makio

There's still a good few PS3 games being localised this year too, Odin Sphere, Cold Steel 2 and Attack on Titan for example,

Japan is what is keeping PS3 and the PS Vita alive and im glad for that since they are my consoles for the moment (and a 2DS).

I wouldn't bee too concerned. It was reconfirmed for PS3 with PV03, and Persona 4 launched on the PS2 in 2008. .

I was happily surprised they keep it in the PV03 , and yeah it seems there no need to worry yet.

And speaking of the PV03 this week is getting 7 months old (the 17th) time sure flies.

Soriku

I don't know guys. I'm sort of expecting a trailer where "Coming 2017" fades in at the end. I'm not even trying to be facetious right now. I certainly think it's possible P5 will still come this year (JP and NA), but I will be genuinely surprised, and relieved, if we do see it by years' end. It's not so much the silence that gets me, or the huge gaps between info, or the fact that the game has been delayed twice already. It's the fact that IMO time's running out if it's going to be coming out any time soon.

SMTIV Final's summer release doesn't really bother me in terms of giving P5 breathing room, at least for Atlus' own titles. We were never expecting P5 around then anyway in the US.

Well there are 8 more months in the year, which is a lot of time. But they should really consider talking about it soon so there's something to show off for E3 though if it's coming out this year in NA.

Nachos

Maybe Valerie Arem tease tweet was for SMT Apocalypse.

Gonna be interesting to see who they cast for the dub , since those actors not gonna be used for Persona 5.

(I dont see them recasting the same VA for two most recents games)

I see they announce the game release in June (E3) ... as one of the surprises Atlus already tease.
Depending on Atlus' definition of summer, I can almost guarantee that recording's already wrapped up. Besides all the localization steps that need to happen afterwards, they need to send outlets review copies well in advance, since the game's a long RPG. Off the top of my head, I know Atlus sent Etrian 2 Untold review codes back in June last year, despite the game not coming out for another two months. I'd imagine Apocalypse would need a similar gap.

And Atlus just works with whomever they want to work with. I don't think there are any hard and fast rules. All I know is that Neil Kaplan would be perfect for Dagda (sorry for the Naruto video – it's the only one I could find of him using this specific voice in good quality). I don't know his union status, though. DC Douglas or Paul St. Peter could also work in a pinch.

Going back to new characters, I think Toki is destined to end up voiced by Stephanie Sheh.
I could see Vee taking her.

And Atlus just works with whomever they want to work with. I don't think there are any hard and fast rules. All I know is that Neil Kaplan would be perfect for Dagda (sorry for the Naruto video – it's the only one I could find of him using this specific voice in good quality). I don't know his union status, though. DC Douglas or Paul St. Peter could also work in a pinch.

I could see Vee taking her.

I can't imagine Neil Kaplan without a southern accent anymore.

Soriku

I think you've got that kind of backwards.

I don't think so lol. I say that because I'm not really expecting Atlus Japan to release a trailer or significant new info at E3, even though they should. So if they have nothing to show off now on the Japan side, I expect nothing new for E3. And let's assume the game still releases this Summer in Japan, there should be enough content to promote the game at E3 for the localized release. But at this rate they might be foregoing that.

tldr: Basically I have little faith in Atlus' marketing.

cj_iwakura

Funny thing is that his self insert was also in Persona 1 and was involved with Tamaki. Not sure why it became a big deal in Persona 2.

Top Bottom