• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

cj_iwakura

Elizabeth is adorable and Margaret is sexy as heck!
Pretty sure Elizabeth is the one they sexualize and Margaret is the elegant one but that's just me.
Also I found the Japanese versions of Persona 2, Persona 1, and Persona 3 at book off. Didn't get them, but it was cool to see.

PK Gaming

I wonder whose gonna be the "pervert" character in P5. Not "Senpai!!!" like Rise but pervy like Teddy and a touch of Junpei.

I hope its a girl... heh. LOL

I hope it's Anne and we get a bunch of moments where she fantasizes/spies on the guys while they're bathing

Psyche, that trope is garbage either way

I wonder whose gonna be the "pervert" character in P5. Not "Senpai!!!" like Rise but pervy like Teddy and a touch of Junpei.

I hope its a girl... heh. LOL

Ryuji. That's just how these things roll.

I hope there isn't one.

Yes.

I hope it's Anne and we get a bunch of moments where she fantasizes/spies on the guys while they're bathing

Psyche, that trope is garbage either way

So if that's their attempt to be subversive, does this mean she can cook? Or are they sticking with that too cause it's a series staple now?

Mediking

Wait a sec... why do some of you hate the pervert trope? What's wrong with a perv in P5? It'd be nice comedic value and it would be hilarious to see him/her say stuff at times. I trust Atlus to actually give that person amazing character development too. You might find the perv character annoying in the beginning but then you find out he/she is loyal and is going through heavy problems so being a perv is a way to cope with it.

Setsu00

Hopefully Atlus does what they recently do to most of their games and make the inevitable hotsprings/ beach episodes DLC. That way I don't have to watch that travesty and people who are into that stuff still get what they want
while having to pay extra for their sins

Wait a sec... why do some of you hate the pervert trope? What's wrong with a perv in P5? It'd be nice comedic value and it would be hilarious to see him/her say stuff at times. I trust Atlus to actually give that person amazing character development too. You might find the perv character annoying in the beginning but then you find out he/she is loyal and is going through heavy problems so being a perv is a way to cope with it.

It's annoying and played out and risks taking over their entire character. (read: Teddie, who is fucking awful) I'm sure they can stand not having someone hit on anything with a vagina just this once.

Setsu00

I don't know about you, but sex jokes and the stuff I'm used to from Teddie isn't what I consider funny in any way. If anything, it makes me want to bash that character's head in. There are much better ways to write comedy than that.

I don't find it funny at all, it just makes me want to hit the character most of the time.

Mediking

It's annoying and played out and risks taking over their entire character. (read: Teddie, who is fucking awful) I'm sure they can stand not having someone hit on anything with a vagina just this once.

I don't know about you, but sex jokes and the stuff I'm used to from Teddie isn't what I consider funny in any way. If anything, it makes me want to bash that character's head in. There are much better ways to write comedy than that.

I don't find it funny at all, it just makes me want to hit the character most of the time.

So you guys hated Ms. Kashiwagi then??? I LOVED how pervy and seductive she was!

latest

tumblr_nm1mobkEwi1tbeq5co1_500.gif

Small glob of hormones reporting in. I loved Teddie and Kashiwagi, I found them fucking hilarious. I do think it requires a certain immature brand of humor, though.

I'd be damn fine with a pervy character (preferably female on the sole reason I find that more attractive :F) but not having one is also fine.

This is Persona after all, they can't fuck it up

Setsu00

You saw how badly Persona 2 PSP bombed, right? Sends a clear message.

Eh, you could argue that P2P's characters aren't really new. I also think that the failure of those games has at least something to do with the outdated gameplay and graphics which don't resemble modern Persona games at all.

cj_iwakura

Eh, you could argue that P2P's characters aren't really new. I also think that the failure of those games has at least something to do with the outdated gameplay and graphics which don't resemble modern Persona games at all.
Persona 1 sold great. It's clearly because Japanese players don't want to play as adults.

Mediking

Pretty sure Elizabeth is the one they sexualize and Margaret is the elegant one but that's just me.
Also I found the Japanese versions of Persona 2, Persona 1, and Persona 3 at book off. Didn't get them, but it was cool to see.

Hahah I didn't get any sexual vibes from Elizabeth but Margaret..... She's the one I ship Yu with. Heh

PK Gaming

It's just an incredibly basic and played out trope at this point. I don't need or want to see it in Persona when I can watch pretty much any anime™ to experience it. Why does Ryuuji need to be the rough perv who's loyal when it's already been done before? Why do we need moments like this when it's already been done before?

I just don't get how anyone could look forward to something they've seen a thousand times before.

Lunar15

Wouldn't you rather Persona write interesting new characters instead of sticking to established "roles?"

This, basically.

However, I don't really think P4's characters line up with 3's, aside from yosuke/junpei. The thing is that everything has been written at some point, so fans will inevitably peg everyone to a trope.

Hahah I didn't get any sexual vibes from Elizabeth but Margaret..... She's the one I ship Yu with. Heh

If we're talking attendants nobody, NOBODY gets anywhere near to Theodore and I'm saying this as someone who thinks Margaret's the most attractive character in the series right after Shinjiro and Rise

but yeah, no tropes whatsoever is best

Mediking

Hint:
which one straight up goes all the way with the MC?

?!?!?!?!??!?! AND WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN? DID I FORGET THIS? DID THIS HAPPEN IN PERSONA 3 FES???? LINK ME, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My boy, Minato, lost his virginity to ELIZABETH?!?!?

Wait a sec... why do some of you hate the pervert trope?

Because it's oftentimes treated as silly eccentricity to be tolerated instead of an awful trait to be snubbed. And it sends a warped message that demeaning other people is a-okay as long as you're loyal or are using it as a coping mechanism.

That, aside from the whole it's-lame-and-stale thing.

cj_iwakura

?!?!?!?!??!?! AND WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN? DID I FORGET THIS? DID THIS HAPPEN IN PERSONA 3 FES???? LINK ME, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My boy, Minato, lost his virginity to ELIZABETH?!?!?
Must be cold in that cave. :p Yes, in FES.
"I am not blind to the significance of calling upon a man in his room."

FluxWaveZ

I wonder why Atlus even marketed the P5 like that..... I thought the main cast were thieves because they wanted to be. They aren't slaves. Unless..... unless.... unless....

It's pretty straightforward. They're unsatisfied with their lives—slaves to their fate and to society—and with their power and devotion, they seek emancipation.

Mediking

It's pretty straightforward. They're unsatisfied with their lives—slaves to their fate and to society—and with their power and devotion, they seek emancipation.

They're unsatisfied because they're in high school...???? The main guy literally just got there and just got into high school. What is he going through that makes him think he's a slave to fate and to society? People who think they are slaves to fate and society usually are somewhat older and are wise in the head because of their experiences. Unless he has some huge emotional baggage from his past.... what is HE a slave to????

FluxWaveZ

They're unsatisfied because they're in high school...???? The main guy literally just got there and just got into high school. What is he going through that makes him think he's a slave to fate and to society? People who think they are slaves to fate and society usually are somewhat older and are wise in the head because of their experiences. Unless he has some huge emotional baggage from his past.... what is HE a slave to????

Read Hashino's interviews. This is literally the entire premise of Persona 5.

I can tell you right now from personal experience, that you can feel this way even in high-school. And is why i think i'll really like P5

You are slave.

Want emancipation?

Winter 2014

Easy explanation.
He's full of shit.

Top Bottom