• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILER TAGS OR DIE

Mediking

That is what I've been told, at the least. I've asked here about it and someone who knew told me as much.

This shouldn't be news at this point.

Then again, it's not like it was a detail they were proud to announce...

Wait!!!! You mean... P5 doesnt come with outfits we can change into in dungeons?!?!?! We're forced to wear the standard outdits unless we buy DLC???

Instead... all that stuff is DLC?

Are outfits that are part of the story in-game at least accessible? (Casual, W/S School Uniforms, the like.)

Waaaaait...
I think those are accessible. If I'm remembering this right, you don't even have to pay ingame money for those.

If that's the case, they probably left the more mundane, pre-existing costumes in (minus swimsuits, obviously) so that they wouldn't leave dlc-free players having this giant void where a mechanic's supposed to be.

edit:
Oh. Well that's some right bullshit there. :/

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Are outfits that are part of the story in-game at least accessible? (Casual, W/S School Uniforms, the like.)

Those aren't in the base game, but they are free. Everyone has two casual outfits, two school uniforms, and one swimsuit as free DLC. Why it's not in the base game is beyond me.

Waaaaait...
I think those are accessible. If I'm remembering this right, you don't even have to pay ingame money for those.

If that's the case, they probably left the more mundane, pre-existing costumes in (minus swimsuits, obviously) so that they wouldn't leave dlc-free players having this giant void where a mechanic's supposed to be.

edit:
Oh. Well that's some right bullshit there. :/
All the DLC is also on the disc.
Great.....

Mediking

Those aren't in the base game, but they are free. Everyone has two casual outfits, two school uniforms, and one swimsuit as free DLC. Why it's not in the base game is beyond me.

So.... P5 doesn't come with alternate outfits we can choose in the game that we can use in dungeons... instead.... alternate outfits for dungeons are ONLY DLC?

Um?

@AtlusPrime ;_; Not like this, man... Not like this....

All the DLC Outfits that don't change the Battle theme were given away for free at least, as far as I know. It's a huge bummer considering how many costumes P4G had, but maybe one day we'll get an expanded port that has some more in-game costumes?

Makio

That some real bullshit, consider how many costumes P4 Golden has.
I really thought this game has some unlock in game costumes.

But i cant helped i know i gonna buy the Catherine and Raidou ones , more for the battle themes than for the costumes tbh.

(Still sad Nocturne didnt made the cut).

So the outfits the characters wear during the game are free but need to be downloaded?
Well, charging for those would be ridiculous, but so is the need to download them. What are we even downloading? These are obviously on the disc and why would you need to dl a key for these?
This can't be right.

DNAbro

So the outfits the characters wear during the game are free but need to be downloaded?
Well, charging for those would be ridiculous, but so is the need to download them. What are we even downloading? These are obviously on the disc and why would you need to dl a key for these?
This can't be right.

Most of them are not free. Some of them were free in Japan.Yeah you are just downloading a key, all the outfits got leaked before the game even got released officially in Japan by hacking.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I love persona but I'm going to be honest anyone that can see themselves buying a P5 re release at some point with more content should not buy the dlc unless they want to support atlus.

It's awful value and I'm basically saying that the re release that is just likely to happen at one point(given how well prior ones did it seems like a good bridge project to do) that it's going to have all of that shit included anyway.

I love persona but I'm going to be honest anyone that can see themselves buying a P5 re release at some point with more content should not buy the dlc unless they want to support atlus.

It's awful value and I'm basically saying that the re release that is just likely to happen at one point(given how well prior ones did it seems like a good bridge project to do) that it's going to have all of that shit included anyway.

I'm only really motivated to get the Persona DLC (not including Tsukuyomi on principle, of course).
... and the Raidou costume, cause of the music.
... and the Arena DLC, cause those costumes look sick.
... and the Christmas DLC, cause Makoto.

... I am a weak man. :/

The Christmas DLC is free, so there's one you can save on I guess.

Hrmm...
And by the time Christmas actually rolls around, I'll probably be busy with FFXV when it's finally been finished with all of ITS DLC. :|

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm only really motivated to get the Persona DLC (not including Tsukuyomi on principle, of course).
... and the Raidou costume, cause of the music.
... and the Arena DLC, cause those costumes look sick.
... and the Christmas DLC, cause Makoto.

... I am a weak man. :/

The Christmas DLC is free, so there's one you can save on I guess.

Atlus USA just posted some more Confidant trailers

Shinya https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhLx-G2jf5E
Chihaya https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohCMU1B8nGI
Yuuki https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHsFh9lM8Bk
Ichiko https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQdHazFk4_8

Also did they change Yuki to Yuuki? Pretty sure it was written with one u before.

Sounds like Cindy Robinson as Shinya (a bit jarring with the expression, but she's done Ken well, so she'll do a good job) and Amanda Winn Lee as Ichiko.

And would that be Erin Fitzgerald as Chihaya?

Nachos

Sounds like Cindy Robinson as Shinya (a bit jarring with the expression, but she's done Ken well, so she'll do a good job) and Amanda Winn Lee as Ichiko.

And would that be Erin Fitzgerald as Chihaya?

Nah, Shinya's Mona Marshall, and that's all I can place aside from Winn/Ohya. Yuuki and Chihaya sound familiar, but I can't really say who they are.

Yuuki's audio is a little weird, though. The biggest thing is that it has some really strong sibilance (all of his s's sound like hisses).

Also did they change Yuki to Yuuki? Pretty sure it was written with one u before.
I think it was always like that.

Nachos

Huh. Makes me wonder why she wasn't in PQ, but whatever. :/
I mean, this might be a little weird to say now, over ten years later, but I don't think Ken was ever Mona Marshall. She has a really distinctive voice, and I've never heard her in Ken. It's not like this hasn't happened before, either. People were certain that Flynn from SMT IV was Bryce Papenbrook for years, and it took until Apocalypse came out for Keith Silverstein to confirm that he always had the role.

I mean, this might be a little weird to say now, over ten years later, but I don't think Ken was ever Mona Marshall. She has a really distinctive voice, and I've never heard her in Ken. It's not like this hasn't happened before, either. People were certain that Flynn from SMT IV was Bryce Papenbrook for years, and it took until Apocalypse came out for Keith Silverstein to confirm that he always had the role.

iirc, there was also a belief that it was Grant George.
Godammit, Atlus...

Not really a dub guy, but Chihaya's voice is very good sounding. Kinda disappointed with Shinya's, not nearly as bratty and unsympathetic sounding.

The reuse of Yukari and Yukiko's voice actors is kinda jarring to me. I know the Japanese dub has done it quite a bit too, but man these are pretty hard to disassociate for me.

Lynx_7

I'm at least glad Persona's DLC is just visual fluff. Better than selling story relevant content separately like SMT IV. Ideally, I like the "DLC as expansion pack" approach best, similar to what From Soft does with their games, but Atlus hasn't gone that way so the second best option is to have DLC I can easily ignore without losing much.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I'm at least glad Persona's DLC is just visual fluff. Better than selling story relevant content separately like SMT IV. Ideally, I like the "DLC as expansion pack" approach best, similar to what From Soft does with their games, but Atlus hasn't gone that way so the second best option is to have DLC I can easily ignore without losing much.

I mean, it's better than SMT's blatant 'free money/xp/items' DLC, sure, but (even knowing they're not required) nickel-and-diming for previous persona models, even if updated, doesn't feel especially good to me.

All that I've seen out of P5 news recently (until today, at least) has been releases for either costume DLC, or past-game Persona DLC.....woo.

I just hope Atlus makes some reasonable bundles....but I doubt it, going off of the 'price and release info at a later date'.

Nah, Shinya's Mona Marshall, and that's all I can place aside from Winn/Ohya. Yuuki and Chihaya sound familiar, but I can't really say who they are.

I'm decently confident that Yuuki is Sean Chiplock. I recognize Chihaya too, but can't quite place it. I like English Chihaya more than Japanese Chihaya anyway. I actually like most of the voices today, except Shinya.

I mean... wasn't that what The Answer was in Japan?

Shinya is voiced by Barbara Goodson, actually. I think she does a pretty good job...

LEGIT SO HAPPY that my boy Sean Chiplock is Yuuki. The overlap between Trails of Cold Steel and Persona VAs is making me feel all fuzzy.

Chihaya is Sarah Anne Williams. She does a good job, but I would have killed for Mela Lee. I guess that one's too obvious, huh?

Ichiko Ohya is Amanda Win Lee, but that's obvious haha. It's a really good fit honestly.

No kidding? Awesome to hear.

PK Gaming

Shinya is voiced by Barbara Goodson, actually. I think she does a pretty good job...

LEGIT SO HAPPY that my boy Sean Chiplock is Yuuki. The overlap between Trails of Cold Steel and Persona VAs is making me feel all fuzzy.

Chihaya is Sarah Anne Williams. She does a good job, but I would have killed for Mela Lee. I guess that one's too obvious, huh?

Ichiko Ohya is Amanda Win Lee, but that's obvious haha. It's a really good fit honestly.

Makio

I'm glad Amanda Winn Lee is back doing a second persona role , love her voice i wish i listen it more in Atlus dubs or dubs in general.

I play enough Neptunia to tell Sarah Anne Williams voice right away , no the actress i would love to bring of that series... but she doing fine as Chihaya.

Shinya voice reminds me to Ken (Original P3 Ken) , instant dislike (Get smoked)

and glad to see Sean Chiplock finally made it into this series this guy is gonna be big someday, and happy Yuuki dont end up being Yuri Lowenthal hahaha.

The dub is doing fine, there any Confidants trailers left ? , i think they cover all the japanese ones now right.

Kill to listen Sae dub voice tbh

PD: Funny how Stephanie Sheh was the actress i was 100% sure is going to end up in this dub and seems she not got a role (so far).

Makio

Japan had one for the velvet twins too

Great to see Carrie Keranen deal with it , despite we already listen to the Twins in previous trailers.

There one i still dont buy it yet , sounds off for some reason despite the other twin sounds great.

(Still thinking she was miscasted for that role).

The dub is doing fine, there any Confidants trailers left ? , i think they cover all the japanese ones now right.

Not counting party members, we're missing Fool, Strength, and Judgement.
I'm not confident it's a good idea to make trailers out of them.

edit: Okay, tried just listening to Shinya's trailer all on its own, cause I thought the problem was that it didn't look right next to the portrait.
HOT DIGGITY DAMN, that voice is all over the place!

Lynx_7

I mean... wasn't that what The Answer was in Japan?

DLC wasn't a thing for the PS2 so it can't be judged by those standards. They had to sell it separately as its own package, so it needed to justify its existence/price tag somehow. If P3 was a PS4 game and The Answer were to be released as DLC I imagine it'd be considerably lower effort, for better or worse. Atlus could prove me wrong in the future if they release a Golden/The Answer/FEMC equivalent to P5 as DLC but for now I'm not very confident.

Makio

Not counting party members, we're missing Fool, Strength, and Judgement.
I'm not confident it's a good idea to make trailers out of them.

I think the Strength one can still get a trailer , i mean Japan do it.

BTW Atlus USA dont think i forgot about the Robbie Daymond interview you never release... give Goro some love.

edit: Okay, tried just listening to Shinya's trailer all on its own, cause I thought the problem was that it didn't look right next to the portrait.
HOT DIGGITY DAMN, that voice is all over the place!

Is the second coming of Ken random dub voice im telling you hahaha.

I think the Strength one can still get a trailer , i mean Japan do it.

BTW Atlus USA dont think i forgot about the Robbie Daymond interview you never release... give Goro some love.

Is the second coming of Ken random dub voice im telling you hahaha.

I don't even think original!Ken is that bad, whoever it was. Some off moments, but at least it was a consistent voice.

This... sounds like there was an earthquake going on.

atlusprime

Atlus PR

I haven't forgotten either! It's the best one of the interviews I did :(

(Max Mittleman was second, and that's because I think the phrase "poop juice" came up, but it didn't make the final cut. AND YES, MAX GOT A HAT)

Complicated...wonder if Atlus USA will be doing another stream event. Atlus Japan featured Goro heavily in theirs, and Atlus USA have been running with the Phantom Thieves stealing the trailers.

Top Bottom