• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Mafia |OT| Memento Mori

Sophia

Anata no~♪

terebi ni~♪

Jika-netto Tanaka~♪

Mi-n-na no, yoku no tomo~♪

Tanaka sighed a sigh of relief, as the last of the stuffed bear plushes left his hands. A young innocent looking boy had just walked off happily with his brand new toy.

Living an honest life as an honest salesman was hard work, you know? But now he had finally achieved what he wanted.

Grabbing the clipbord, he took one more look at the inventory.

Stuffed Bears? All gone!

Mazio Gems? Shocking people most certainly!

Mega Beef Bowl? In some poor fool's stomach!

Rancid Gravy? Well I bet someone was putting it on mashed potatoes...

The entire inventory was gone. A gleam lit up in Tanaka's eye...

He was...

filthy...

stinking...

RICH!!!!!!

"YAHOOO!" he shouted, "I'M RICH! I'M RICH!!!! WAHAHAHAHA~! I'VE GOT SO MUCH MONEY!!!!!!!!!"

Persona users? Shadows? He didn't care about that. He was rich now. Rich baby! Rich!

And now that he was rich, he was hightailing it out of here before the Shadows killed him.

Tossing off the sunglasses that had hidden himself so well from everyone, he jumped in his newly purchased car and sped off.

Good riddance!

Natiko has met his victory condition and has left the game!

Here comes Tanakaaaaa
Over the airwaves to youuuuu

Hellllllo, everyone! Welcome to... Tanaka's Amazing Commodities!
Granter of your desires

What's this? You don't appear to have awoken to a Persona, instead you are Tanaka, of Tanaka's Amazing Commodities. You are aligned with money (This is neutral), but if you had a Persona, you might be aligned with the Devil Arcana.

You have no interest in the battle between Persona users and Shadows, what you do care about is making a quick profit, and you'll do that by selling whatever you can get your hands on, consequences be dammed!!!

Every night, you may PM a mod with a sales pitch and the name of a player. The sales pitch may say whatever you like within the rules of the game. This will then be sent to the player anonymously for them to decide to purchase.

The goods you will be selling are: [Mega Beef Bowl], [Rancid Gravy], [Mazio Gem], [Stuffed Bear] in that order. You win when all four items have been claimed and received. They may also have effects beyond your knowledge...

As a merchant, you have access to many items, including a single Plume of Dusk, if you are killed, it will revive you one single time. (Essentially you are 1-shot bulletproof) Oh, and you can vote during the day phase too, y'know?

Good Luck.

As he drove away, he failed to notice the corpse of a Persona user not too far from his car. It seems that she died laughing...

StarSketch has been killed!

Welcome to the Velvet Room.

My name is Igor, and I am delighted to make your acquaintance. This place exists between dream and reality, mind and matter... It is a place where those with a special power may home their ability.

You, my dear, are gifted with the power of a Persona of the Priestess Arcana. This means you are aligned with the your fellow Persona users in the Town

With your powers together, you have the ability to vote and remove those who would threaten your town.

Your power is unique... and it expands to the far reaches of this town. For you are a Tracker! Summon your Persona during the night, and use the command Track: <player> to see where they went.

But take heed, for it will only work three times. Find your fellow Persona users, and make use of your bonds to draw back the Shadows that approach to destroy you. For they threaten to destroy everything you hold dear.

My time is running short. However, dreams are a gateway to your future, and there is endless possibility stretched out before you.

'til we meet again...

Day 5 begins

Majority is 6

gra_1481749200.png

Verelios

...okay, first off, Star is town. Wow. That took me by surprise. My bad Star.

Second of all, there are three people here who apparently got visited by Natiko during the night and said fuck all about it when Fran did. Thirdly, I'm pushing for a BB lynch today.

PK Gaming

So Sketch was town and is now dead

NzU3LlC.png

I'd brag about how I was right from day 1, and people were definitely overzealous in suspecting her based on her pre-game comment, but... there's a seriously pressing issue here.

Why did people start voting for Septimus Prime?

Seriously, what the what? Why did several users start voting on septimus prime at the last second?! I get why plop did it because he needed to take heat off himself, but the rest of you... why? Why? All of you are reckless at best and downright suspicious at worst.

And Natiko leaving is just great. I'm happy for him, but i'm also annoyed he played town so well. Really could have used him now.

PK Gaming

Who, other than two people, were going to vote for him after he claimed doctor? Doesn't that seem odd?

Ehh whatever. It's pointless to get wrapped up in this tangent.

Matt attack and Hyperactivity, you're up. I want to know exactly why you two voted for Septimus Prime.

Voted to lunch sepyimuus because the non-plop and non-sketch candidates all had me leaning town, whereas as septimius was a complete null

As for all the others who came out of nowhere to vote for him...

The day was ending. I was pretty sure black buzzard was town. Plop only had 2 votes to bb's 5, and no one present was indicating that they might vote for plop

If there is a neutral in play, I'm slightly concerned as to why he hasn't had to reveal by now, generally neutrals don't get too far without having to reveal in my experience XD.

If not, I'll assume that I should operate on the idea of a 5 person weaker scum team, although my gut sorta disagrees

We can probably safely put away the possibility of a second killer acting on night 1. Either a scum with a double kill power scum was under threat on day 1 (doubtful given style being the go to lynch for day 2), or ty4on died investigating someone he thought was solidly town (although we need to be sure that we apply the day 1 end results to his reads list, as ty4on strikes me as the sort of person who would have thought over his reads list after day end again )

I'm going to revel in the fact that I was totally right to be worried for a second here

OK, back to assuming a 4 person scum team

Town roles so far:

Innocent child
Tracker
Gossip
Weak cop
4 ordinaries

Neutral
Neutral role

Scum
Ninja
Goon

We have 10 players left. Assuming 2 remaining scum, 1 kill per night, the worst case scenario is

8 town, 2 scum
6 town, 2 scum
4 town, 2 scum (option to no lynch on this day)
3 town, 2 scum

Plop is my scum read, 11037 and Matt Attack I'm a little unsure about, and all the others are solid town reads at this point, and for legitimate reasons

Anyone else feel it's a scummy action to get an item and not tell the rest of us?

Yeah, basically. Fuck this town. Didn't Star supposedly track natiko as well???!! Really, fuck this town. It can fit and go to hell.

On that note, sorry everyone for rushing in plastered and posting illegibly. Not sorry for

Vote: Hyperactivity

I find it weird how Star lied about how many times she could use her power.

This is what gets me too. I don't see any actual benefit to lying. Telling people you can only track twice so that later, if you're still alive to use your third track, fellow townies won't believe you and you telling them you lied will only increase their suspicion of you as scum?

What the hell?

Verelios

Yeah, basically. Fuck this town. Didn't Star supposedly track natiko as well???!! Really, fuck this town. It can fit and go to hell.

On that note, sorry everyone for rushing in plastered and posting illegibly. Not sorry for

Vote: Hyperactivity
I find it weird how star said she tracked Natiko and NOTHING HAPPENED. What!? That's (evidently) untrue.

This is what gets me too. I don't see any actual benefit to lying. Telling people you can only track twice so that later, if you're still alive to use your third track, fellow townies won't believe you and you telling them you lied will only increase their suspicion of you as scum?

What the hell?

This is normal play. Scum thinks you're out of shots, maybe you survive. Scum thinks you still have shots even if you're finished, you're a target to draw attention over other prs.

The stupid part is just lying about natiko results

At this point I'm thinking that there are some serious freaking trust issues abound here

Nah, it's mostly just FEP acting like a 13 year old rn

There are multiple possibilities that deal with what could've happened with sketch. There might have been a role that sends all the actions on one players onto some random player. There might be a lightning rod role that draws night actions to yourself. There might be a switcher, but I don't think this game is high enough on the bastard scale to have a switcher. There might be some sort of witch role that controlled who sketch used her power on

But no, logical conclusion is that sketch lied right? Definitely the time to tell everyone to fuck off

Good try. You guys knew if you killed Star, I'd look suspicious as fuck because she said she was going to check on me.

If I believed her, I wouldn't have used my heal on who I did.

So I'm assuming you didn't make the obvious move and heal sketch?

You know, the move that would've confirmed both players barring the two of you BOTH being scum, in which case easy victory?

Yeah okay plop is scum. Anyone that isn't FEP or plop, if want me to clarify why I'll be glad to do so

Verelios

You know, the move that would've confirmed both players barring the two of you BOTH being scum, in which case easy victory?

Yeah okay plop is scum. Anyone that isn't FEP or plop, if want me to clarify why I'll be glad to do so
Uh, yeah, clarify away since I'm apparently not quite bright

An obvious target? She was on most scum lists. They avoided hitting her for this long probably for that very reason.

But now, they kill her after she announces she's checking on me, leaving me with my dick in my hands. And you conveniently buy right into it.

If I were scum, do you REALLY think I'd be dumb enough to claim doctor only to kill the person checking up on me the night after? Seriously?

OK, guys, I seriously doubt sketch would've lied about natiko

Can you seriously just calm down and think through this?

Did i miss the part where natiko was a ninja? Did I miss where star was insane?
no

Possibly she was role blocked. It doesn't matter. Honestly, this was not a bad result for eod.

Plop's votes look like absolute dog shit right now but the SS nk is good. Either the wifom worked (gg on that, btdubs) or scum decided star was more dangerous than vanguard. I don't see why they would though. And i don't see why we would lynch plop today when he can still wifom scum. Plop is not getting lynched by me while vanguard is around. Well, not today at least.

It's possible this was not legible yesterday, but this is the exact plan i pitched in the day and hyper, your silence on it after i asked for your input specifically is pretty damning to me. Then on top of that, your insistence on the plop lynch today. Vanguard alive is more important than plop dead imo. Even if scum plop is keeping vg alive to keep his own skin, is worth the day to me. There's one more scum out there we can try and find today

Uh, yeah, clarify away since I'm apparently not quite bright

Glad to! Will do this in parts

PART 1) Ty4on's death, role, and reads:

The first major body of evidence against plop is Ty4on's role and read lists. Ty4on's role was a weak cop, who could confirm if someone was town or not-town, but that would die if they investigated scum. This role naturally would lend itself well to two playstyles: Ty4on focusing on confirming his town reads as town, or Ty4on telling us who he would investigate in some manner before investigating a major question mark player.

Given that Ty4on didn't do the 2nd, I assumed he chose the first option. Also, given that the neutral has been accounted for and that so many days have gone by without a 2nd kill, I conclude Ty4on died investigating scum.

At the top of Ty4on's town list is plop and franconp (confirmed town). In addition, I took the time to think through other possible top towns for Ty4on after the day 1 lynch had passed, but only you (Verelios) sorta came up as a possibility.

If plop was scum, it would make perfect sense that Ty4on had investigated one of his top town reads and died as a result of that person being scum

Ty4on's Role:
You, my dear, are gifted with the power of a Persona of the Hierophant Arcana. This means you are aligned with the your fellow Persona users in the Town

With your powers together, you have the ability to vote and remove those who would threaten your town.

Your power is unique.... you can see further into people's hearts than normal. You have the ability to determine if someone is friend or foe. It is the power of a Weak Cop!

Summon your Persona during the night, and use the command Investigate: <player>[/higlight]

But take heed of the Shadows that approach, for they threaten to destroy everything you hold dear. Should you mistakenly investigate one of the Shadows, they will be alerted to your presence. Your life will not be spared.

Got replaced while I was sleeping, but I have been following the game and writing notes.

These were my reads last night:
------------------------------------
Townie (random order)
franconp
plop

(Later on in post)

plop just seems townie. He's not scared of joining the conversation and bringing it forward and seems genuinely interested in solving the game. He's my strongest town read.

I'm gonna need you to calm down

I'm calm. But also fuck everyone who did not share their items. These are not mutually exclusive feelings. I mentioned this previously too, with townies not sharing info all we could do was assume fran was telling the truth and there was a vendor but scratch or heads on why they weren't acting. We could have lynched natiko instead of septimus if people shared their info. Not to mention fuck that septimus train yesterday.

OH, and crazy. We had non-town on PK, just as expected. Except not scum, meaning scum should have had someone there. Not a good look, plop. But also a dumb kill for scum if plop is on the team. As i said earlier, want to give you another day.

Hyper, rather than passive aggressive, why don't you explain again why you shouldn't be lynched despite raising hackles all around and never having a vote on scum the whole game except in your super townie d1 effort to pull votes onto townie m achina.

Plop's Vote History:

Day 1 ended with plop voting for PK Gaming
Day 2 ended with plop voting for Style (like everyone else in the world agreed to unanimously the day before should someone die the next day)

Day 3 ended with plop leading the last minute vote and charge against exmachina64, a near confirmed town after day 1

Day 4 ended with plop jumping on the Septimius Prime bandwagon, with little discussion on his part about it (although that could be said of Sketch, BB, and Verelios too).

There was also this at some point during day 4

I was first to go after Style day two.

I was among the first to throw shade at Exodu5 day one. Did I vote for him? Nope. I was stuck on PK. Oops.

I've been here since day one, giving reads, giving opinions, casting votes. I've given flat out honest reads about everyone. I don't coast in the background. I don't disappear. I don't hide.

But yeah. Sometimes, my reads aligned with bullshitters. That makes me scum. Absolutely. You've got me pegged. It's my fault.

Vote: plop

From my perspective, here's what I have:

1) If you go back to day 1, everyone from the exmachina64 (except for vanguard) is gone (4/5 players). Only FEP, PK Gaming, Verelios(?), and I remain from the TheExodu5 train (4/8 players). Only 2/7 players who didn't vote on either (Septimus Prime and Natiko) have left the game, and neither was targeted by scum.

I think it's pretty clear that the most ambiguous group and the easiest group for scum to hide in right now is that group of 5 players, which scum have done nothing to try and thin the ranks of. And plop is in that group, alongside 11037, BlackBuzzard, WAMD, and Matt Attack

This also ties in to another theory of mine that I'll expound upon in part 3: based off of how TheExodu5 and Style interacted, and also how plop interacted with those two, I don't think scum did a good job keeping cool and distancing themselves from one another on day 1. At best, they made the mistake of trying to be 'suspicious' of one another, but actually backing it up.

An example of what I'm talking about from another game:

Hyper does seem to focus on the numbers and game stats side of things and honestly that all is a bit over my head (like how the game is generated and %s) I don't think that it is necessary a tell in of itself but it does stand out and someone I want to continue to watch. Gut feeling is leaning scum but I really need to hear from him more.

This is giving me bad vibes. Especially that last line which reminds me of what my scum mates would say about me and each other. It's a good way of looking like you're suspicious of someone, but also giving yourself an excuse for not voting.

--------------------------------------------

2) plop was quite enthusiastic about taking up the mantle of the style lynch. Idk if this was some newbie scum thinking this would earn him town brownie points, despite the fact that the style lynch was so obvious that nothing much could be taken from it, but based off of how he brought it up in his defense, I think that's exactly what happened here. Scum got screwed over day 1 not bussing, and try to hard to go the other way the next day

3) plop took the opportunity to bandwagon on two really suspicious votes, 2 days in a row.

4) Finally the self vote. This is actually a big thing for me, because based on how style was acting all dejected, plus the fact that two scum members (one of whom had experience as scum) died in the first two days, I got the feeling that scum have been playing feeling down for a lot of this game. I've seen a similar sort of atmosphere in the Mini Mafia 1 scum team I was a part of, and the Love Boat scum team, etc. Scum will either go into a "fuck it YOLO" mood or a really dejected mood if many of their teammates are getting lynched early on, or they have teammates that don't communicate well with them.

So when plop started getting heat, he self-voted... yeah, it only added to my suspicion of him

Top Bottom